Options

We have surpassed 5,000,000 Necropolis deaths, but what next !?!

Comments

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,801 ★★★★
    edited December 2023

Well selfishly I need 2500 more Titans for my next opening so I’d vote for some of those. That said, I think the 6* relic nexus mentioned earlier was a great idea also.

Are you Valiant already? You'll get your 2500 Titan shards tomorrow night :smiley:
    No, otherwise I wouldn’t have made the point.

However, I am going to start working on 7 for 7. Hadn’t done it given my unit grinding for Cyberweekend/Banquet and then Necropolis. Should have some time to knock it out in the next two weeks. That will put me over.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,560 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

Remember how we talk about managing our own expectations, and how failure to do so almost always, inevitably leads to disappointment?

Just a friendly reminder to keep that in consideration as you chat about the Road to the Crypt, prior to us announcing what's actually coming next.

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,232 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

Remember how we talk about managing our own expectations, and how failure to do so almost always, inevitably leads to disappointment?

Just a friendly reminder to keep that in consideration as you chat about the Road to the Crypt, prior to us announcing what's actually coming next.

While some of us understand where you come from, I hope you guys understand you also set expectations both directly and indirectly. Instead of simply saying “There’s more info tomorrow!” which leaves it to ambiguity, you could have also teased “… 5 million deaths may not be the only milestone” or something like that.
    I mean. This is objectively better than the other scenario you provided. We only have like 24 hours to speculate today vs over am month with the other
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 202 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

it’s all about throwing out ideas at this point. Can’t hurt and it’s fun to speculate.

Sure, but if Russians don't take a dump without a plan, and senior captains don't start anything without having thought them through, then game economy designers are the ones telling both of them to hold their beer.
    Hahaha! I think this is the first time I've ever heard the "hold my beer" expression used to indicate somebody being *careful!*
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

I, for one, have no expectations, and so the simple fact that you're announcing anything coming next is absolutely delightful as far as I'm concerned. I feel like plenty of less vocal community members would feel the same way about that.

I just wish I knew some players who completed necropolis but never even heard of the road to the crypt. I wonder what their face would look like when all these rewards drop from the sky out of nowhere into their lap!
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    Honestly I feel like a reasonable expectation that won’t set anyone up for disappointment is 100 million gold for 10 million deaths
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,395 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Siliyo said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

While some of us understand where you come from, I hope you guys understand you also set expectations both directly and indirectly. Instead of simply saying “There’s more info tomorrow!” which leaves it to ambiguity, you could have also teased “… 5 million deaths may not be the only milestone” or something like that.
    Is that different? If we hint at there being more milestones, as opposed to something else, how would that stop Summoners from setting expectations on potential future milestones?
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,518 ★★★★★
    Well now I want the extra rewards to be garbage. I want to see the entitlement ooooooooze out of the forums.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

As a wish/request, maybe 10 Greater Banquet Crystals could do it for me, even tho the event would already be finished, wouldnt be mad about those
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 757 ★★★★
    Anything other than a R4 7* gem, I'll be dissapointed
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

it’s all about throwing out ideas at this point. Can’t hurt and it’s fun to speculate.

Sure, but if Russians don't take a dump without a plan, and senior captains don't start anything without having thought them through, then game economy designers are the ones telling both of them to hold their beer.

Which is to say, it is highly probable that for an event like this, the reward designers had a continency plan for what to do if we blew the doors off of the milestones long before it was over to keep the excitement up, right from day one.

I personally have no idea what that contingency is, so I'm free to speculate. If I had to guess, I would guess that given the current death trajectory they would probably put in another milestone at 7.5 million and another one at 10 million. They aren't going to want to keep adding in one million intervals because the chances are too high we'd blast through too many over the next month. If we extrapolate our current Necropolis rates, which is not unreasonable at this stage, we're on pace to get close to 12 million by January 15th. 10 million is well within reach.

What would I put in those two slots? I would probably put Titan shards at 7.5 million, say, 5000, and a 7* Nexus crystal at 10 million. Both of those are relatively sexy rewards that are consistent with the kinds of stuff in the current milestones and would be interesting to get without being overly balance-significant.
    You have more faith in the designers than I do. But I like the ideas contained in paragraph 3 of 4.

Dr. Zola
    Faith is for people who don't regularly converse with burning bushes.

Even so, I tried to be careful with my wording. I'm willing to guess where they might add new milestones. But I'm only willing to state what I would put there if I was the one putting things there. I have a couple of guesses as to what the devs might put in any hypothetical additional milestones, but they are sufficiently disparate guesses that there's no way to average them and guess something in the middle.

Those disparate guesses have to do with the intent. Is the intent to continue to pattern, is the intent to surprise with things out of left field, or is the intent to be completely hilarious.

I suppose one way to do all three would be to make the top milestone grant the Groot crystal.
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 306 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Honestly I feel like a reasonable expectation that won’t set anyone up for disappointment is 100 million gold for 10 million deaths

if they give 100m , i'll never touch arena again. lol
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Which is to say, it is highly probable that for an event like this, the reward designers had a continency plan for what to do if we blew the doors off of the milestones long before it was over to keep the excitement up, right from day one.

I personally have no idea what that contingency is, so I'm free to speculate. If I had to guess, I would guess that given the current death trajectory they would probably put in another milestone at 7.5 million and another one at 10 million. They aren't going to want to keep adding in one million intervals because the chances are too high we'd blast through too many over the next month. If we extrapolate our current Necropolis rates, which is not unreasonable at this stage, we're on pace to get close to 12 million by January 15th. 10 million is well within reach.

What would I put in those two slots? I would probably put Titan shards at 7.5 million, say, 5000, and a 7* Nexus crystal at 10 million. Both of those are relatively sexy rewards that are consistent with the kinds of stuff in the current milestones and would be interesting to get without being overly balance-significant.
    You have more faith in the designers than I do. But I like the ideas contained in paragraph 3 of 4.

Dr. Zola

Why does this go hard af
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,012 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Why does this go hard af
    Sounds like something an anime villain would say before getting his ass beat 😭
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Why does this go hard af
    Possibly by the people I just compared to burning bushes.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Why does this go hard af
    That's exactly what it sounds like you're so right lmfaooo
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I ranked up 2 champs, 10million gold gone. Yes you will
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,749 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    A necro specific revive for every one I spent would be super :p
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,873 ★★★★★
    2-3 gem crystal for 10mill deaths?
  • Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 60
    Kabam Jax said:

We have no intention to send out the rewards early, that would be incredibly unfair to the Summoners who planned to finish their run between now and January 15th. (and I'm sure would result in a reasonable community outcry!)

But we might have "more" to share soon(tm).

Maybe would be good idea to push people to do more paths of Necropolis? For example give new rewards for to paths for done 2 paths before february 15th, some rewards for do 3 paths before march 15th and so on? What u think? For me it sounds great and u will give new challenge to people every month
  • Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 60
    Ohh i see first reaction for my post is disagree😅 if you dont want to play Any content or its to hard for u just dont play it. I see many many people which would even try Necropolis but when they saw more rewards all of them made first path So maybe it good idea to give them some more motivation to try more than one?
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★

Crcrcrc said:

Give me this I will be more happy to get this than 7 star rank 3 gem.