**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is T1a really an issue?

Comments

• Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    The fact that people have 20 5 star and want to take them all to rank 3 is ludacris. You need to wait to collect the resources you need to rank up. I have 15 5 stars Rank 3 and never had any issues regarding T1A. It took me 8 months to do this. People want to rank champs quickly after getting them and not invest the time and effort. What is next? Gold issue?

Give me a break. People arguing about this topic are really out of touch with reality.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    You just argued for 6 pages that t1a wasn't an issue, but now you watch a video of a guy you degrade at every turn, and now you're all for t1a improvements? :|
    Not at all, the video is very insightful. His suggestions should all be implemented and who doesn’t want to max out their Antman? That’s prolly why I’d don’t have an issue with t1a, don’t have that Antman.

He just reiterated what we have been saying over the past 10 t1a threads that you've spammed your nonsense in.
    Yes he did and in no way was it satire and sarcasm. *whoosh*
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    The fact that people have 20 5 star and want to take them all to rank 3 is ludacris. You need to wait to collect the resources you need to rank up. I have 15 5 stars Rank 3 and never had any issues regarding T1A. It took me 8 months to do this. People want to rank champs quickly after getting them and not invest the time and effort. What is next? Gold issue?

Give me a break. People arguing about this topic are really out of touch with reality.

Yes, thousands of people are out of touch with reality and you alone are the one sane player. That seems like a plausible reality.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I think coathanger was expecting a bit of a resolution to this issue with the uncollected eq yesterday. Instead everything but alphas and like seatin said 5* shards everywhere, act 5.4 5* shards t2as t5bs but still dozens of alphas needed to do the ranking, it's undeniably a balance issue now, it is supposed to be a fun ranking game. Choke point at r2 and r3 4*... detracts from the fun, I have a punisher 2099 I pulled a month ago, really want to try him out at least r4 4* but nope cos even that t1a is hard to part with at this stage with my recent 5* pulls
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    @Shrimkins That Colossus only helps you get to milestones with less fights, he does not do it any quicker (in fact much slower) and has less arena point potential than an equivalent 4*. Do you think the game is anywhere close to a point where you will use t2a on Colossus?

No 5* are not better in arenas.
    And it sounds like your only use for ranking champs lays in AW defense as your attack teams are built out. So how is Alpha failing to keep up with your actual needs?

The point potential of a 4* is slightly higher (about 30k in 6 hours vs 26kish in 6 hours) not much slower. For me personally I'd rather invest in 5*s because I don't have time to verse all my 5/50 4*s every 2 hours.

At the end of the day it's about the long game. We have to assume that t2A will become very available at some point in the future. It may take a year or more, but at some point 4*'s will become completely pointless as we are already seeing.

The lack of alphas is effecting my ability to rank up 5*s that will impact my attack teams. I recently pulled a 5* Hyperion and I had all the t2a, t4cc, t4b, and gold to rank him from 1/1 to 4/55 right when I pulled him. Of course I couldn't rank him up for almost 2 weeks because I needed 16 t1a...

• Options
    Correct using 5* is much less "time consuming"

Wish they would fix the t1a issues. T1a have not translated well with the updates.
  • Options
    5* can also be used with units for featured arena, I'm a grinder so
    I often have thousands saved for one purpose or another (4K units in stash right now hopefully will get me through 5.4)
  • Options
    Or maybe coathanger was hopeful but happy with the rewards anyways as he’s said in the past that every crystal isn’t a champion he has to rank up but is a crystal with a chance at a champion worthy of ranking up. If I want to rank up someone there is every 4* in crystals I can do so with, but I wouldn’t r4/40 an Antman with no use outside arenas so I’m not to bothered about not being handed the materials to r2/35 an Antman. And I can still rank up champions on the regular.
  • Options

Yes, thousands of people are out of touch with reality and you alone are the one sane player. That seems like a plausible reality.
    Thousands but just one of the opinion WW2 holds, he’s alone like the other half of this thread. Reality /facepalm
  • Options
    I really like the idea of increasing the drop rate of t1a in the solo crystals, maybe adding a few to the 4th milestone for the 22 hr solo events. That way they are more available to those who really want them.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    There's a T1A shortage without a doubt. At the same time people aren't managing their rank ups wisely.

After a certain level in this game, the only champs you should be ranking up are ones that are eventually r4 worthy at 5*. Don't bother ranking your 4*s past r3 (or even past r1) and don't rank up your 5*s past 1/25, cause they won't help you. Taking up all your 5*s to r2 or r3 is a waste if they're arena fodder anyway. Keep them at r1 level 25.

Things to consider when ranking up:

1. Will it help in AW?
    2. AQ?
    3. Questing?

If you're end-game most of the times the answer is no, so don't waste T1As ranking up arena fodder. Rank ups should be very top heavy focused. Every other champ can sit on the bench.
  • Options

Thousands but just one of the opinion WW2 holds, he’s alone like the other half of this thread. Reality /facepalm

I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here. Like I said earlier, the more you post the less sense you make.
  • Options
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    @Shrimkins That Colossus only helps you get to milestones with less fights, he does not do it any quicker (in fact much slower) and has less arena point potential than an equivalent 4*. Do you think the game is anywhere close to a point where you will use t2a on Colossus?

And it sounds like your only use for ranking champs lays in AW defense as your attack teams are built out. So how is Alpha failing to keep up with your actual needs?

The point potential of a 4* is slightly higher (about 30k in 6 hours vs 26kish in 6 hours) not much slower. For me personally I'd rather invest in 5*s because I don't have time to verse all my 5/50 4*s every 2 hours.

At the end of the day it's about the long game. We have to assume that t2A will become very available at some point in the future. It may take a year or more, but at some point 4*'s will become completely pointless as we are already seeing.

The lack of alphas is effecting my ability to rank up 5*s that will impact my attack teams. I recently pulled a 5* Hyperion and I had all the t2a, t4cc, t4b, and gold to rank him from 1/1 to 4/55 right when I pulled him. Of course I couldn't rank him up for almost 2 weeks because I needed 16 t1a...
    Damn! if only you were slightly conservative and mindful with your t1a instead of spending it at 4 a pop for a few thousand more arena points every 7 hours. You could’ve had that hype at 4/55 with in a week.

But damn honestly you had to wait almost two weeks to bring a character to the highest level possible in the game? That’s nuts 2 weeks is a long time when you compare it to how long you’d be waiting for that 7 t4cc which would be in the magnitude of months rather than weeks. Wait no it is not, 2 weeks is nothing in comparison, pardon my nonsense.

• Options
    C0atHang3rC0atHang3r Posts: 78
    edited December 2017
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    There's a T1A shortage without a doubt. At the same time people aren't managing their rank ups wisely.

After a certain level in this game, the only champs you should be ranking up are ones that are eventually r4 worthy at 5*. Don't bother ranking your 4*s past r3 (or even past r1) and don't rank up your 5*s past 1/25, cause they won't help you. Taking up all your 5*s to r2 or r3 is a waste if they're arena fodder anyway. Keep them at r1 level 25.

Things to consider when ranking up:

1. Will it help in AW?
    2. AQ?
    3. Questing?

If you're end-game most of the times the answer is no, so don't waste T1As ranking up arena fodder. Rank ups should be very top heavy focused. Every other champ can sit on the bench.

I agree with you on this, but also look at the amount of 5* shards you are about to be flooded with. The chance for you to get someone worthy of ranking is also going to be going up. Obviously, you'll have to pick which of the two, three or more rank worthy champs to level first.

And also the ability to rank 5 a 5* now will require and additional 6 t1a on top of the 16 t1a to get that champ to rank 4.

The need for t1a is rising but the supply has not changed.
  • Options

Damn! if only you were slightly conservative and mindful with your t1a instead of spending it at 4 a pop for a few thousand more arena points every 7 hours. You could’ve had that hype at 4/55 with in a week.

But damn honestly you had to wait almost two weeks to bring a character to the highest level possible in the game? That’s nuts 2 weeks is a long time when you compare it to how long you’d be waiting for that 7 t4cc which would be in the magnitude of months rather than weeks. Wait no it is not, 2 weeks is nothing in comparison, pardon my nonsense.

I'd be happy waiting for high tier mats. They are only used in high tier level ups.

waiting on low tier mats that I need in every level up, however, is not fun or interactive. :p
  • Options
    Jlw11Jlw11 Posts: 13
    edited December 2017
    Summary:

Side A - It's not a shortage if you can get a guaranteed amount of a resource every week/month through various means. Stop being so impatient.

Side B - It's a shortage in relation to other top tier resources. T1A's are a shared resource among 8 different rankup possibilities (4* R2,R3,R4,R5; 5*R2,R3,R4,R5).

The key here is what is Kabam's intent for the game. Of course I don't know but I can look at what they have or have not done in the past. The only resources you cannot grind for on a daily basis are T1A's, T2A's, T4CC's, & T5B's. Before if we were short on a resource we could grind for it in one of the daily quests or for the higher tier resources we could move to a higher ranking alliance or increase your prestige in order to get more rewards from AQ.

Another example, "What you want more T2A's or more T5B's? Ok, here try the uncollected monthly quest which is hard but we'll give you 12,000 and 9,000 shards respectively". I imagine if I complained about T2A's before this most recent release I would've gotten the same answer, buy from the glory store, be patient, stop trying to rank up all your 5*'s at once. But we see that Kabam intends to make it more possible to rank up top champs.

Looking at it from another angle, is it really Kabam's intent to have top tier players hanging on to 10-20 or more unopened T4 Catalyst crystals, hundreds of T4CC shards crystals and in some cases having T4B's expiring because they intentionally limit one lower tier and the most shared resource (8 rankup possibilities). I, personally, find that hard to believe. Why would they offer even more top tier resource rewards when we're already hanging on to many of those type of rewards already without also providing a equal means of using those rewards. Isn't the point of doing the harder content to get the rewards we so badly need not getting more of what we already have (not talking about T2A's or T5B's FYI)?
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Yeah except in that 2 weeks I spent all my glory on t1a alphas, bought all 5 t1a in the valor store, and just so happened to 100% master event. Not only does this highly slow all my other resource gathering, it will also hinder me for at least 3 to 4 weeks until I can rank another 5*.

If the valor store wasn't available it would have probably taken 5 to 6 weeks.
  • Options
    I am end game, but it's a collecting game, when you get champs it would be nice to use them. having everything sitting at r1 and r2 4* is a basically unusable state, at least if t4bs were the bottleneck Again, i could rank 5* to 2 and 4* to 3 without having to plan too much and spending glory. It's a more logical choke point/ bottleneck. I don't want them made overly abundant either, all I've been advocating is another couple available in the arena per week if people Want to grind for them, that's hardly going to
    Imbalance the game. And as I said in another of these convos. Anybody hating on that suggestion is being argumentative for the sake of it (or rude or arrogant) I may have used a different word as that one did get shut down haha (and kabam technically acknowledged that we felt alphas was a talking point) then went ahead and conveniently left them out of any of this months somewhat amazing rewards on offer.
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Still waiting for people complaining about lack of t1a to show their rosters and prove theyre not being stupid with their rank ups.

What do you consider to be a stupid rank up? I took my 5* am to r3 over lots of potential 4* rank ups. Was that stupid? In the short run probably but in the long run definitely not.

In my book any duped 5* takes priority for rank ups over any 4* unless it's a god tier 4*.

Rank ups done for the sake of ranking 5* up. Example ranking spidergwen up because "muh 5* are future". I have a mate who does nothig but complain about t1a being non existant, yet he refuses to rank 4* and ranks 5* he will never use outside arena. Thats being stupid with your rank ups.

The way I look at it, dupe 5* shouldnt necasarrily take precedence over a better 4*. Example, you dupe 5* collosus. Who takes precedence, him or 4* iceman? Him or 4* x23? Obviously resources would get better practical use out of iceman or x23 over collosus. Why I want to see rosters is because I fully believe half the people complaining about no t1a are doing the opposite and choosing 5* dupe collosus over 4* iceman/ x23, even though collosus has no practical use to them. Their purposefully choosing to use 10 alpha over 3 because "muh 5* are future*. Its a self inflicted shortage. Obviously doesnt apply to every single person, but again Im willing to bet over half are. Different situations will warrant different choices for rosters.

Myself, I get 1 alpha from alliance event weekly and buy 2 from glory for a grand total of 3 a week. I dont do alpha arena. Ones from eq are bonus, so 4 extra a month. Ive never had a shortage of alpha, always have enough to rank up a new champ. I have 2 r4 5*, 3 r3 5*, 4 r2 5* and 7 r1 5*. I have 14 r5, 9 r4 4* and over 50 r3. My personal bottleneck is gold, but thats 100% self inflicted because i dont play tons of arena.

I actually have antman 5* at r3 myself as well. Used on defense so it had purpose. Hes gaining even more purpose with the Mordo nerf for those who still get messed up by him. I dont consider a rank up done with purpose behind it stupid, but i do consider ones done, again, for purpose of "muh 5* are future" stupid. Especially if you will never use that champ outside arena.

Im not trying to sound condescending or be a **** like some folks, but this forum often has trouble applying logic to situations and this is definitely one of them.

Pretty well written but I don't agree with your logic. For me, ranking up 4*'s is basically pointless unless (as I said previously) it's a god tier 4*.

In choosing to rank up a champ there are basically 5 total uses for any champ: arena, AQ, AW attack, AW def, and questing.

So if I have a choice between a 5* and a 4* I have to consider all those areas of the game.

Arena: 5*s will always be better.
    AQ: already use 2 r4 5*s in AQ attack and no 4* is going to replace them
    AW attack: use 1 r4 5* and I have blade, GP, and iceman at 5/50 to round out that team. No current 4* is going to replace any of those.
    AW def: 5*s will always be better here as well because they can eventually be ranked up higher and have a higher PI.
    questing: 5*s win out again because they can be ranked up higher.

So to answer your question, if I had the choice to rank up a dupe 5* colossus or 4* x-23 (I already have a 5/50 iceman) then I would choose colossus every time. x-23 would not benefit me in any area of the game. At least colossus would help me out in the arena more and eventually I could potentially rank him up higher and stick him on defense.

Theres obviously no point in us debating, were very far apart on the matter. I look at your logic and I fully understand why you have no alphas.

Obviously, you do what works for you but I would recommend maybe reconsidering your stance on 4* and 5*.

Good luck!
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Great, this thread is turning into a closet with multiple coat hangers in it.

A little bump in the amount of t1a we earn is needed to keep pace with the newest update. We don't need to pull 15 a week and have them in overflow, but adding 4 more a month through proving grounds or added milestones to alpha arena wouldn't hurt, even throwing in shards with map 5 and 6 crystals would be nice.

The recent influx of t4b with the Cyber Monday offers has probably affected a lot of people's perception of the alpha shortage, having all that t4b and seeing the potential to rank up so many champs in a shorter time period and then being shutdown with a lack of alphas exaggerates it a little, especially for those that have recently pulled a good 5*.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here. Like I said earlier, the more you post the less sense you make.
    I am saying you are exaggerating your position and belittling his. Then claiming you are the one in touch with reality because he is not. There are not thousnads here who share your opinion and the are far more than him alone who share his opinion. It is so far from reality I put my face in my hand and sigh.
  • Options

I am saying you are exaggerating your position and belittling his. Then claiming you are the one in touch with reality because he is not. There are not thousnads here who share your opinion and the are far more than him alone who share his opinion. It is so far from reality I put my face in my hand and sigh.

When someone argues the person instead of the issue the discussion is over. You only ever argue the person so you ruin a lot of good debates in the forums. :/
  • Options
    edited December 2017

If you follow the community and listen to those "pandering panderers" as you put it, you would know that everyone is talking about the t1a shortage. If everyone is posting about it, making podcasts about it and making videos about it then I am extremely confident that there are thousands of people suffering from the t1a shortage. Hell, 9000 people get a t4cc every week from AQ. But to WWII we are all "out of touch with reality".
  • Options
    Fanoin wrote: »
    I find this amusing at any one time in have about 5 or.more t1a in my garbage pail. With 35 4* at r3 12 at r4 3 at r5 and two 5* at r2. My bottle neck is a shortage of t4cc. So for high level players it's is t1a for lower folks it is t44cc my rating 211k

Correct. At one time, all end game players were selling t1a in bunches because they didn't have the t4cc to rank anyone up. Once you get there you have a pretty fun few months of ranking a bunch of characters before feeling the t1a shortage (assuming they don't fix it).
  • Options
    Yeah fanoin it's only really a shortage if you want to build a 5* roster, and the thing is there are none in map 5/6 crystals so those alliances can only get them from events, alpha arena, and glory. If your alliance doesn't do the perfect arena event like mine then without glory it's 2 a week available and 4 from event quest per month. I have 17 5* and I'm just a mid range player,
  • Options

If you follow the community and listen to those "pandering panderers" as you put it, you would know that everyone is talking about the t1a shortage. If everyone is posting about it, making podcasts about it and making videos about it then I am extremely confident that there are thousands of people suffering from the t1a shortage. But to WWII we are all "out of touch with reality".
    How does people talking about t1a mean there is objectively a shortage, especially in relation to the rate you have been able to rank up champions in the past with other bottlenecks? It means people are talking about t1a. That’s all, people are talking about it. There is no objective shortage. If it wasn’t for my dumb ass there would be much less discussion here.

Do you think Seatin truly has a problem not r3ing his 5* ant man? He could do the same with his 4( for less alpha) if he wanted an ant man at that power level but he refuses to cause “muh 5* are future”. Did you not pick up on the satire? I mean maybe he’s changed his mind and he’s no longer garbage tier and unworthy of consideration. Yeah Seatin’s taking the piss. His proposals make t1a farmable and more than double the intake. It Is so over the top it has it has to be satire. But don’t forget to like the video for more alphas...and comment on the video.

Did you watch DDD’s video? 5* at this time are a bad investment.

Podcasts? I don’t follow slycem so maybe he’s talked about it. but yeah I’d expect someone who drops thousands on crystals to be a little short on materials to rank champs at that rate of acquisition.

People want to rank 5s at the rate the can passively rank their 3s. Get real.
  • Options

If you follow the community and listen to those "pandering panderers" as you put it, you would know that everyone is talking about the t1a shortage. If everyone is posting about it, making podcasts about it and making videos about it then I am extremely confident that there are thousands of people suffering from the t1a shortage. But to WWII we are all "out of touch with reality".
    How does people talking about t1a mean there is objectively a shortage, especially in relation to the rate you have been able to rank up champions in the past with other bottlenecks? It means people are talking about t1a. That’s all, people are talking about it. There is no objective shortage. If it wasn’t for my dumb ass there would be much less discussion here.

Do you think Seatin truly has a problem not r3ing his 5* ant man? He could do the same with his 4( for less alpha) if he wanted an ant man at that power level but he refuses to cause “muh 5* are future”. Did you not pick up on the satire? I mean maybe he’s changed his mind and he’s no longer garbage tier and unworthy of consideration. Yeah Seatin’s taking the piss. His proposals make t1a farmable and more than double the intake. It Is so over the top it has it has to be satire. But don’t forget to like the video for more alphas...and comment on the video.

Did you watch DDD’s video? 5* at this time are a bad investment.

Podcasts? I don’t follow slycem so maybe he’s talked about it. but yeah I’d expect someone who drops thousands on crystals to be a little short on materials to rank champs at that rate of acquisition.

People want to rank 5s at the rate the can passively rank their 3s. Get real.

You honestly believe that Seatin's video was satire? That's so sad.

DDD's video was about 4* t1a cost to 5* and how to use them in arenas...because of the t1a shortage.

I guess you can make any video say want you want it to say if you try hard enough.
  • Options
    Yup you certainly can use those videos in support of your narrative either way but it doesn’t require effort which is why I’m guessing you latched into them in support of your position.
  • Options
    C0atHang3rC0atHang3r Posts: 78
    edited December 2017
    If it wasn’t for my dumb ass there would be much less discussion here.

Just a lot less talking in circles to someone who isn't it the same position as those who need the t1a.