**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is T1a really an issue?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I'm not sure the glory store is going to be enough this month, but I am a little annoyed I dropped a 1000 on t2a shards today, looks like I'm gonna need every alpha I can get this month
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    @JamesM is right the real debate is whether t1a should be the bottleneck or not, I say no because it's frustrating people at having to leave their champs at an unuseable levels, coat says yes because they should expect to spend lots or all Of their glory on them, (a valid point) just one not everyone wants as the solution. and they're out of luck if they want to catch up a backlog.
    Personally All I'm saying is the game would be more fun for me if I could do a bit more senseless ranking with the resources I have backlogging, But it's not worth doing r3s and r2/5* because my alphas are needed for upcoming more meaningful ranks, esp w r5s and r4s coming really soon. ive not done a levelling event in weeks, my game feels stale. Ie less fun. I've also considered leaving my alliance because we don't always do perfect arena and those t1as I'm missing several weeks a month are so precious... again taking away from the fun of the game and the cameraderie I have built with almost 2 years as officer in said alliance. I've grinded alpha arena and medium eq for the least 3/4 months and have to admit at this stage in the game having to do the menial autogrinds over alphas is not helping my attitude towards the fun of the game.
    Yes the simple solution is don't rank average champs at all and spend lots of your glory on t1as... or if you complain your just whinging.
    I'm just saying my goal isn't to whinge it's to possibly create change to create a bit more fun in the game for the people like me who mostly run map 5. And would not like to be doing more menial grinding and considering changing my alliance over the simple t1a, and would love to spend glory more than once a month on some t2a shards
    Gaming should be about fun
  • Options
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    @DNA3000 I'm not comparing back log.

Everyone who says it will take X amount of T1A to use up their supply of T4CC or to rank up their existing 5* champions is comparing backlog. While it might imply how long the problem has existed, it says nothing about the severity or the solution to the problem.
    I have already r3 or higher 16 5* champs. But let's look at this and say you do this month 5.4 100% master, hero and uncollected, and the 2* arena. That is 4 or 5 new 5*. Let's say you don't have t4c to get them just to r2 is 20 to 25 alphas with 13 a month tops if your not in an alliance to get t4c. But in my situation I could r3 them all I wouldn't have the gold but that's OK I would need 40 to 50 alpha right now. Forget about the 5 I have still at r1 and the 4 I'm not taking above r2 because of the alpha.

We have to forget about those because we are not comparing back log. We also have to forget about 5.4 for the most part because that is not repeatable. If you had enough T1A to do all the upgrades you think are reasonable for the monthly event *and* all the rewards in 5.4, then there would obviously be far more availability than necessary in the next month. At best, we can speculate on how often story quests will be released and how much rewards could accumulate from them, assuming players completed them about as fast as they were released. But how long ago was the last chapter of Act 4 released, and how quickly are we likely to see an Act 6 after the conclusion of Act 5?

There are 20k 5* fragments within the rewards for 5.4 and an additional 5* basic crystal for full completion of Act 5. Ranking up those champions has to be amortized across a long period of time: you aren't likely to get that kind of opportunity again for a very long time. Outside of bursts of rewards like that you're more likely to average two 5* champions per month for a high earning player. If you count all other one shot ways to get 5* champions and average them out over time, that number might climb to three, maybe. I do not believe anyone I would care to balance the game around could possibly sustain four per month.

With the current T1A availability in the game, it is possible to take three 5* champions from rank 1 to rank 2, plus one of them to rank 3. That's assuming taking advantage of all reasonable ways to earn T1A. A player that is able to earn 5* champions far above the average but unable to take advantage of T1A earning opportunities will of course fall behind, but that's an intractable problem. I hesitate to call it a problem: it is a circumstance under which you won't be able to do everything you want to do as fast as you want to do it.
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @CoatHang3r where did I say I have 12 5*. If your curious I have 26 with 16 at r3 or higher 12 duped lots of those are multiple duped just my ronan alone is 100 something. To get my 16 at r3 I had to ignore my 4* because I can't use t1a to r3 them. I have 26 4* no higher than r2 because of the shortage. You can do whatever justify you want but I'm playing the shortage now. And have been for ages. I didn't start this aq season with abundance of t4cc I collected it all during this season. Why in 1 season do I have t4cc coming out my ears but can't use them because of a basic resource. I use my glory 1st shot 1 go at t2a all remaining glory goes to t1a. I bought all 5 t1a from valour, I do t1a arena, I get t1a from completion, item use, all event quests that give them, and sometimes the arena events but that one is pending availability of rest of alliance because tons don't grind arena enough because of the shear time it takes. Here I am sitting with 3 t1a so 7 more needed to use my mutant cats which are at Max. I'll hit up that with these quests that will let me do it, but I'll need 10 more to use my science which is at 7. All the while my aq crystals are piling up. It is a shortage because of stupid scaling. T1a should be a basic item.
  • Options
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    ghjvof50vbu1.png

That might be a bug or an extremely lucky opening. There is a persistent bug that causes the display to incorrectly show two crystals when one is formed from fragments. You could be seeing that.

To figure out what the actual Map 3 average was, I used two crystal opening videos to base my estimates on for T1A within Map 3 crystals. The first was one by Brian Grant from December 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjATzGRQMQg . He opened 113 Map 3 crystals and received an average of 422.6 T1A fragments per Map 3 crystal, which is about one T1A out of seven Map 3 crystals. I also used another more recent video to see if the odds might have shifted from Season 3. This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDi-16trmA&t=3s is from just a few months ago and opens a huge amount of map crystals including 299 Map 3 crystals. I did not count fragments individually but the end result was 54 T1A crystals net, which is about one out of six crystals.

I believe this is enough data to say with reasonable certainty that the average player is going to get the equivalent of one T1A out of every six or seven Map 3 crystals. If you do Map3x5 you will get 15 Map 3 crystals for completion, which is between two and three more T1A per AQ week.

I would be interested to see hard concrete data from anyone claiming to be running Map 3x5 and getting significantly more than that.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I would’nt assume someone capable of earning 5* at the maximum rate is going to be opening all new 5*s, there will be many dupes and over time less new champs wil be popping out of those crsytals. People will have the materials to rank them Overtime as the bottleneck will become new champions to rank.

@Wil6541 I got 12 from this post. And look at you with all those 5s arguing you’ll be pulling 4 new 5s to rank up when you have so many and so many already ranked. If you want all your 4s at r3 you’ll get there eventually cause all your alpha appears to go to your 5s. Jealous but failing to see how you claim shortage with that roster. #muhaplhashortage
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    @CoatHang3r out of these that are r3 or higher who didn't deserve the t1a. Duped sl, stark, juggs, bp, ronan, psy, if, electra, hawkeye, unduped hulk, mordo, quake? And I'm assuming my t1a is being used badly with those and how dare I want more for ice aa gp. Or god forbid I need my ant or pat for diversity.

Also doesn't cost more t4b and t4c just basic t1a and I'm assuming you didn't r3 those weirdo 3 for arena.

I’m smelling what could be the equivalent of enough bs to fill a stadium but don’t have the time to investigate due to new content. Toodles.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Double post
  • Options
    @CoatHang3r I didn't get so many quick it took time and also look me up if you like but I can save you the trouble. Still got t4c expiring.
    I am truly ranking faster on break in a 6m alliance than I do in my normal 17m alliance because of alphas nothing more. 92i3lzaywbf5.png
    8zarm2okogc6.png
  • Options
    @Wil6541 how do you keep up with the t4b? In a 6m alliance?
  • Options
    @CoatHang3r because it takes me so long to acquire alpha t4b isn't a drama. Also keep in mind I don't touch 4 star above r2 because of alphas now and it costs less t4b for the 5 so my use of it is lower. But I've only been in small alliance for a couple weeks my holiday is coming to an end and I'll be back to big boys. Game is so flawed that in my situation I have to go on holidays and barely play to progress faster than when I'm hard core. T4cc is supposedly more valuable resource and supposedly harder to get. Than why isn't that my bottle neck? It shouldn't be t1a.
  • Options
    @Wil6541 if I understand you are in that alliance and only ranking 5s to rank 2? How often are you going that and to what end?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @CoatHang3r I have no end. When are you gonna stop ranking 3 or 4 stars? Guess the end will be when we shift to 6 or I stop playing. I'm not in this alliance for t1a but work commitments got to much for bigger alliances and I ran into an unexpected bonus of map 3 giving me t1a. Here I am logging in twice a day tops and growing faster than when I was smashing events (I personally put up 130k in completion before I went on break). Yet here we are last competition barely got 12k and I'm progressing faster. The game needs to address that issue and soon.

Edit to add I rank them from r1 to r3 soon as I get 10 t1a.
  • Options
    I guess kabam agreed with us. Good work, kabam.
  • Options
    JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    Lol chunky I came to say the same thing
  • Options
    JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    Funny things is they practically did exactly what I said should be done
  • Options
    Was a good move. The cost shot up to ridiculous highs