**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Revive farm nerf

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★

Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

Getting 68ish revives in a month is not easily doable. Also, my solution does not make Necropolis available to the average summoner without a great deal of time and effort on their part. The amount of time and effort required decreases with one's skill level, and I feel like that is a fair balance.

it is so very easily doable. literally just logging in everyday and doing apothecary and the 22 hour solo event. maximum of 20 minutes a day

20 minutes a day in addition to everything else we need to do in the game every day.
    What exactly do we need to do everyday?
    Grind arena to farm for units 🤣
    Well yeah, in terms of things I "need" to do, there isn't much. I log on to move in AQ and AW once in a while, and log in for the Calendar. The rest is done at my leisure.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

Getting 68ish revives in a month is not easily doable. Also, my solution does not make Necropolis available to the average summoner without a great deal of time and effort on their part. The amount of time and effort required decreases with one's skill level, and I feel like that is a fair balance.

it is so very easily doable. literally just logging in everyday and doing apothecary and the 22 hour solo event. maximum of 20 minutes a day

20 minutes a day in addition to everything else we need to do in the game every day.
    Well yeah, in terms of things I "need" to do, there isn't much. I log on to move in AQ and AW once in a while, and log in for the Calendar. The rest is done at my leisure.
    I meant thats their train of thought, they are not upset on the revive nerf. They are upset that unit farming lost its value for deals, since they will have to spend them for revives...
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★

Bocksarox said:

You didn't read or comprehend my post if you think my suggestion would be "for free". I'm suggesting reverting farming to how it was and nerfing the availability of energy refills. Then, a summoner can SPEND their units on energy refills if they want to farm. This means they WOULD NOT be able to save every unit possible on deals.

so if i’m getting this right, you want to remove full energy refill availability so that you can instead have revive farming, where you’ll spend 30 units and 5 minutes to get a revive for a 10 unit discount basically. instead of just using the full energy refills we already get a ton of and using them to auto play the lower level event quests for a bunch of free units you can spend on revives?
    It's more than a 10 unit discount with good RNG. Plus, if a summoner grows their team, it can be done passively on auto fight.

I could be wrong, but as far as I can tell there is only one difficulty in the monthly EQ that gives units anymore. I haven't looked at every reward payout.

I hope I'm not coming across as confrontational as we disagree. I simply think there is a better solution than what we have been given. As someone who has played this game for over 5 years and spent more on this game in that time than I have spent on any other game ever, I have a lot at stake in this.

I do appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

You didn't read or comprehend my post if you think my suggestion would be "for free". I'm suggesting reverting farming to how it was and nerfing the availability of energy refills. Then, a summoner can SPEND their units on energy refills if they want to farm. This means they WOULD NOT be able to save every unit possible on deals.

so if i’m getting this right, you want to remove full energy refill availability so that you can instead have revive farming, where you’ll spend 30 units and 5 minutes to get a revive for a 10 unit discount basically. instead of just using the full energy refills we already get a ton of and using them to auto play the lower level event quests for a bunch of free units you can spend on revives?
    It's more than a 10 unit discount with good RNG. Plus, if a summoner grows their team, it can be done passively on auto fight.

I could be wrong, but as far as I can tell there is only one difficulty in the monthly EQ that gives units anymore. I haven't looked at every reward payout.

I hope I'm not coming across as confrontational as we disagree. I simply think there is a better solution than what we have been given. As someone who has played this game for over 5 years and spent more on this game in that time than I have spent on any other game ever, I have a lot at stake in this.

No, there is a more suitable solution for YOU, that doesn't mean better for the game developer.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★

Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

I meant thats their train of thought, they are not upset on the revive nerf. They are upset that unit farming lost its value for deals, since they will have to spend them for revives...
    I got that. I was just following up with my own comment. For that matter, that's a choice. You can shell out thousands of Units to hopefully advance your Account if the right deals come up, or you can definitely advance them by doing things like Necro. Life is full of choices.
  • Options

Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

LJF said:

Pikolu said:

Amir447 said:

but there should be a half decent replacement

No there shouldn't be. Revive farming is being removed because it is too easy to get free revives. If there is a half decent way to get 100+ revives within the week, expect all difficult content in the future to either not exist because the devs don't want to waste their time on it (as they talked about in one of the livestreams in december) or for them all to be as stupid difficult as the 4* Star Lord LoL challenge. By removing the easily accessible revives, we can see more content like Necropolis that don't cost a lot of resources to do with the right team. If you keep easy revives in, then every carina challenge is going to be like the Brian Grant necropolis duck run to compensate for you being able to get easy revives.
    Can we please end the "revive spam prevents endgame content development" narrative already? The actual issue is that Kabam doesn't want free revives to cut into their profit margins. If revive spamming truly were an existential threat to the game, Kabam would simply cap the number of revives on endgame quests, much like they do for AQ and AW. I'm not saying that's something the player base wants, but its absence is proof that Kabam doesn't think spamming revives isn't a problem so long as players purchase them with units.
    I have seen you post this many times in different places, and I want to clarify something because we have not avoided this and have been clear about it; you can use all the revives you want if you are willing to use your units on them. We have said exactly that.

Units are powerful, and they are meant to be a choice.

When there are limitless revives available without the cost of units, that is specifically when it prevents the development of end-game content. That is when it is no longer worth our time or effort to make this content because players are not choosing to use their Units to progress over using them on other things.

You can farm all of the units you want and use them to buy all the revives in the world, but you're making the choice there for what you do with those units. You have to decide if you want to use them to finish content or to purchase other items.

You have to make the choice, and that is how this game had been for many years before farming started and the way it should be. Content should not be inevitable, and units aren't only for deals.
    Based on this, I feel like a better compromise would have been to keep the revive farm and nerf the availability of energy refills. Players cannot farm without energy, and many of us have energy refills in overflow with almost nothing to use them on without a farm. So, in line with the intention of forcing players to make a choice with their units, wouldn't it make more sense for players to be able to spend their units on energy refills and keep farming? Why can't we save units, reinvest those units into energy, and manually pluck the revives off of paths? Greater effort for a greater reward. The revives still expire, therefore they would need to be used. This creates the cycle of acquire units, buy refills, farm revives, complete content, and repeat.

An energy refill is 30 units and a 40% revive is 40 units. This is not a significant difference. However, with old revive farming methods, we could take a 30 unit energy refill and turn it into two or three 20% revives. The balance here is that there was some amount of time required by the player to be involved in the game (even if it's just setting up a team to auto fight) plus good ol' RNG. Some farms were more efficient and required less interactions, but that gives players incentive to rank champs specifically for farming purposes. We would also be choosing quantity (multiple 20% revives) over quality (one 40% revive). Additionally, people that buy units would be able to farm quicker, if needed.

I think Kabam should remove a majority of energy refills from rewards and free crystals and replace them with a high tier quest potion instead. Once that is done, I think revive farming should be restored to it's former availability. In this scenario, Kabam wins because they still get players to spend their units on difficult content via energy refills and players win because the ability to accumulate large amounts of revives for difficult content is still available. In my opinion, this is a much better compromise and it doesn't give the impression of a cash grab by Kabam.

The Apothecary is not a good enough compromise as revives will start to expire before the average player can accumulate enough to run a path in a piece of content like Necropolis. I believe this change to revive farming will end up frustrating many players as it will take most players months to acquire the necessary resources. Once they hit that wall, players will lose interest in the game and move on to something else.

I hope this suggestion will be considered!
    They don't want people beefing up their accounts for free by farming revives and saving every unit possible for deals. They are making it a choice, do content or save.
    Personally as a spender (not a whale) I am perfrctly fine with this change. The deals on CM and Banquet were not great, which made me not spend that much and probably F2P grinders who saved managed to close in the gap to my account
    I am really sorry if F2Ps will disagree, but personally as a spender, I am not fine with F2Ps getting everything they want.
    So.. spend on energy refills or.on revives... What is the difference? On the long run?
    And I did comprehend enough to understand you are looking for a compromise with nothing to negotiate.
    They don't want you to have that many revives for basically free, and then have 6-8k units or whatever it is for free to spend...
    Also if they stop giving energy, I would probably stop playing BGs...
    The difference is that through more effort, I would be able to accumulate more revives. I'd get more bang for my buck. I could spend 300 units, take 10 refills, run through some lower difficulty quests, and probably come out with 15-20 revives as opposed to the 7-8 I could buy with the same amount of units.
    Your explanation of what you can do is exactly why they are making the changes 🤣
    Its a PRO PROFIT company!!
    Okay, then be transparent about that. That didn't seem to be the message Miike was trying to communicate in his post. See my post that followed about how my example would still cost me $180 to fully explore Necro.

Also, let me clarify that I spend on this game. I have no issue swiping my credit card in order to help keep their lights on. I've spent more on this game than I've spent on any game ever. I'm not a F2P summoner complaining about not getting everything I want.
  • Options

Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

I almost never spend units on deals. I couldn't care less about deals.
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★
    Bocksarox said:

contender, proven, conquerer, and uncollected difficulty all give units

i get the frustration of no longer being able to passively accumulate an absurd number of revives but there is a reason they’re removing it. whether you like the reason or not it is still a reason. 2 revives for free a day for very minimal effort is beyond fair. unless you really want to smash out all
    of necro in a week the amount you get for free is sufficient to explore it entirely in due time. you might need to rank up and ascend the right champs but every path is doable in 70 revives or less if you are skilled enough.
  • Options
    Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

I almost never spend units on deals. I couldn't care less about deals.
    Almost never is far from never.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,174 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

RIP free crystals now lol, opening them in large amounts is less effective than compared to before given the large amount of refills would go to waste. Was fun while it lasted

This is actually valid. A knock on effect of the revive farm nerf does reduce the value of energy refills for high end players who have completed all other content. They will still be useful for BGs grinders, however, so it’s not a complete loss.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,356 ★★★★★

Bocksarox said:

LJF said:

Pikolu said:

Amir447 said:

No there shouldn't be. Revive farming is being removed because it is too easy to get free revives. If there is a half decent way to get 100+ revives within the week, expect all difficult content in the future to either not exist because the devs don't want to waste their time on it (as they talked about in one of the livestreams in december) or for them all to be as stupid difficult as the 4* Star Lord LoL challenge. By removing the easily accessible revives, we can see more content like Necropolis that don't cost a lot of resources to do with the right team. If you keep easy revives in, then every carina challenge is going to be like the Brian Grant necropolis duck run to compensate for you being able to get easy revives.
    Can we please end the "revive spam prevents endgame content development" narrative already? The actual issue is that Kabam doesn't want free revives to cut into their profit margins. If revive spamming truly were an existential threat to the game, Kabam would simply cap the number of revives on endgame quests, much like they do for AQ and AW. I'm not saying that's something the player base wants, but its absence is proof that Kabam doesn't think spamming revives isn't a problem so long as players purchase them with units.
    I have seen you post this many times in different places, and I want to clarify something because we have not avoided this and have been clear about it; you can use all the revives you want if you are willing to use your units on them. We have said exactly that.

When there are limitless revives available without the cost of units, that is specifically when it prevents the development of end-game content. That is when it is no longer worth our time or effort to make this content because players are not choosing to use their Units to progress over using them on other things.

You can farm all of the units you want and use them to buy all the revives in the world, but you're making the choice there for what you do with those units. You have to decide if you want to use them to finish content or to purchase other items.

You have to make the choice, and that is how this game had been for many years before farming started and the way it should be. Content should not be inevitable, and units aren't only for deals.
    Based on this, I feel like a better compromise would have been to keep the revive farm and nerf the availability of energy refills. Players cannot farm without energy, and many of us have energy refills in overflow with almost nothing to use them on without a farm. So, in line with the intention of forcing players to make a choice with their units, wouldn't it make more sense for players to be able to spend their units on energy refills and keep farming? Why can't we save units, reinvest those units into energy, and manually pluck the revives off of paths? Greater effort for a greater reward. The revives still expire, therefore they would need to be used. This creates the cycle of acquire units, buy refills, farm revives, complete content, and repeat.

An energy refill is 30 units and a 40% revive is 40 units. This is not a significant difference. However, with old revive farming methods, we could take a 30 unit energy refill and turn it into two or three 20% revives. The balance here is that there was some amount of time required by the player to be involved in the game (even if it's just setting up a team to auto fight) plus good ol' RNG. Some farms were more efficient and required less interactions, but that gives players incentive to rank champs specifically for farming purposes. We would also be choosing quantity (multiple 20% revives) over quality (one 40% revive). Additionally, people that buy units would be able to farm quicker, if needed.

I think Kabam should remove a majority of energy refills from rewards and free crystals and replace them with a high tier quest potion instead. Once that is done, I think revive farming should be restored to it's former availability. In this scenario, Kabam wins because they still get players to spend their units on difficult content via energy refills and players win because the ability to accumulate large amounts of revives for difficult content is still available. In my opinion, this is a much better compromise and it doesn't give the impression of a cash grab by Kabam.

The Apothecary is not a good enough compromise as revives will start to expire before the average player can accumulate enough to run a path in a piece of content like Necropolis. I believe this change to revive farming will end up frustrating many players as it will take most players months to acquire the necessary resources. Once they hit that wall, players will lose interest in the game and move on to something else.

We have been very clear that the apothecary, which was already updated, is the maximum amount of Free Revives that we are comfortable with being available on a very reliable basis, but also don't leave out the revives available in Solo Events.

This change is not new; it was already done once before, and we were aware that we would get to a point where Act 5 would become more auto-fightable and the revives here would need to be removed too. We were clear on that then and are just doing what we said we would do when that situation arises. If more methods to easily Farm these consumables arise, we will be changing those as well.
    While you are on this thread, I do have a couple of questions:
    1: are the drop rates for energy refills being nerfed as well or is it only the revives?
    2. Is the team also looking at the drop rates of chests in monthly quest? Anecdotally these seem to dropping revives way less than the past when revives would spawn on the paths.
    Thanks.
  • Options

Bocksarox said:

contender, proven, conquerer, and uncollected difficulty all give units

i get the frustration of no longer being able to passively accumulate an absurd number of revives but there is a reason they’re removing it. whether you like the reason or not it is still a reason. 2 revives for free a day for very minimal effort is beyond fair. unless you really want to smash out all
    of necro in a week the amount you get for free is sufficient to explore it entirely in due time. you might need to rank up and ascend the right champs but every path is doable in 70 revives or less if you are skilled enough.
    I looked closer and see that you are correct about the availability of units in those quests. I hadn't recognized that since there are several areas in which the rewards are displayed. Thank you for pointing that out. It's not much, but they are there.

I also don't think an "absurd" number of revives is good for the game. I don't think exploring Necro in a week would be fair. These absurd revive numbers are only possible due to the availability of energy. Otherwise, you run out or have to spend units. My solution does allow for absurd numbers, but it comes with a cost. I'm requesting that players still get to spend units, which either costs money or time in this game, to buy energy. Miike said he wants people spending units, and I'm considering that.

I have done one Necro path. I could have done it all in December if that was the route I wanted to take. I do have the skill and the roster capable of making that happen. I'm not out here trying to abuse the system.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,543 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Bocksarox said:

LJF said:

Pikolu said:

Amir447 said:

We have been very clear that the apothecary, which was already updated, is the maximum amount of Free Revives that we are comfortable with being available on a very reliable basis, but also don't leave out the revives available in Solo Events.

This change is not new; it was already done once before, and we were aware that we would get to a point where Act 5 would become more auto-fightable and the revives here would need to be removed too. We were clear on that then and are just doing what we said we would do when that situation arises. If more methods to easily Farm these consumables arise, we will be changing those as well.
    While you are on this thread, I do have a couple of questions:
    1: are the drop rates for energy refills being nerfed as well or is it only the revives?
    2. Is the team also looking at the drop rates of chests in monthly quest? Anecdotally these seem to dropping revives way less than the past when revives would spawn on the paths.
    Thanks.
    1. I don't believe we've changed the drop rates on Energy Refills
    2. I don't know this off the top of my head, but I will raise it with my team!
    Would be cool to see the rate dropped at least by a few percent. When I opened all my crystals for necro I had like 70 refills in overflow. I'd be se mad if that happened again and a bunch got wasted lol
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 958 ★★★★★
    Part of me disagrees with the revive nerf from a simply because it makes life’s easier and it’s not where I want to spend my units. But when I first starting playing MCOC and did a path of LOL, there wasn’t revive farming and had buy revives with units.

I understand the reasoning for the revive nerf. I do think there are real issues with the change to revives available from the monthly event quest. I used to be able to get 3-5 fairly regularly per month. Since MEQs have changed to have the chests, I’ve had a grand total of 1 revive from them. 1 in I don’t know how many months. That cannot be RNG, there must have been a specific change as I think everyone is experiencing the same.

We also have the 500 unit revive bundles that come up every month in the Store, that seemed to have conveniently gone missing when Necropolis first dropped, although was back this month. Maybe it was a coincidence they were missing last month, but feels like more of a strategic move to suppress them for a few months.
  • Options
    PyroPeterPyroPeter Posts: 2

LJF said:

Pikolu said:

Amir447 said:

But to be fair, you guys should have waited to the 15th to make it fair for all, to use the revive farming option to do necro, while the event for deaths is live. Besides that, i get it, and i find it fair you guys nerfed it 🙏🏼
  • Options
    Amir447Amir447 Posts: 314 ★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

This just means i wont be doing any endgame content anymore. More like i wont be able to i think. Im not doing gazillion hours of arena for endgame content bro 😭😭.

Fancy seeing you here m8 👀😂
  • Options
    Amir447 said:

Amir447 said:

Pikolu said:

Amir447 said:

Where did I say there should be a way to get 100 revives within a week? I'm just saying there should be better avenues for revive gain rather than solo events and apothecary (trash)
    So you don't "sit all day in the forums", you don't wanna do daily 22hr events, what do you exactly do in the game?
    I have this crazy thing called a life, it's a 24 hour live event that runs 7 days a week!
    Then you shouldn't be so worried about the game...
    22hr events or 24hs if u wanna call em that don't take that long to complete.
    Why do people use the "I have a life" excuse as if other players didn't.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,447 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Amir447 said:

Amir447 said:

Pikolu said:

Amir447 said:

Where did I say there should be a way to get 100 revives within a week? I'm just saying there should be better avenues for revive gain rather than solo events and apothecary (trash)
    So you don't "sit all day in the forums", you don't wanna do daily 22hr events, what do you exactly do in the game?
    I have this crazy thing called a life, it's a 24 hour live event that runs 7 days a week!
    Then you shouldn't be so worried about the game...
    22hr events or 24hs if u wanna call em that don't take that long to complete.
    Why do people use the "I have a life" excuse as if other players didn't.
    To make themselves seem superior
    He is superior for he has a life and the rest of us are dead, no revives available 😞