I want skins for certain champs

713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 271 ★★
So can we please make the ones that are too similar just be skins for the champ that came first? Like red and blue cyclops, OG iron man and superior (I know OG iron man is reworked, but still), OG and symbiote spidey, OG cap and ww2, etc. They could give compensation for all the resources used to rank up the champs removed idk.

I just really want MCU cap's leather jacket uniform, Elektra's daredevil outfit, dreadpool as a skin for deadpool, and many others

Comments

• 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 271 ★★
    Never say!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,423 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Literally never going to happen

Maybe just funny hats?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    I wish they used the comic designs for certain characters because we’re never going to see them as variants (cause they’re just the same character but the MCU interpretation) and I’m sad about that

I think that’s the only time I’d want skins (cough Gorr cough)
    edited January 30
    Emilia90 said:

I wish they used the comic designs for certain characters because we’re never going to see them as variants (cause they’re just the same character but the MCU interpretation) and I’m sad about that

I really don't know much about the comics, but I heard yellowjacket is supposed to be a hero, so it's really a bad decision to not release the OG designs (or at least, the current designs of a certain character in the comics the time they're being added to the game since this is how they do things) before the MCU ones in these cases.

I agree that they really should've used comic Gorr's. I still want the leather jacket MCU cap as skin though.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 931 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Maybe just funny hats?

Every champion needs a funny hat
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,345 ★★★★★

Never say!

I say "Never".

Sorry.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,431 Guardian
    Emilia90 said:

At least ironheart has her comic suit and not the mcu suit :)
    Terra said:

Never say!

I say "Never".

Sorry.
    Then I'm sorry too, because I SAY NEVER TO NEVER!!!!
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Maybe just funny hats?

Every champion needs a funny hat
    We need big head mode back. They should just run it again with all the messed up models and say it's part of the April fools joke lol
    I'm talking about something permanent than a one time thing like that.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,173 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I really don't know much about the comics, but I heard yellowjacket is supposed to be a hero, so it's really a bad decision to not release the OG designs (or at least, the current designs of a certain character in the comics the time they're being added to the game since this is how they do things) before the MCU ones in these cases.

I agree that they really should've used comic Gorr's. I still want the leather jacket MCU cap as skin though.
    Here's a good link about Yellowjacket.

https://www.cbr.com/what-if-yellowjacket-little-known-facts/#yellowjacket-wasn-t-exclusively-a-villain-like-in-the-mcu
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,971 ★★★★
    They aren't going to add skins to the game. They won't add much to the gameplay, and it's just too much work to add a specific skin to all the champs in the game. The devs have their hands full right now with Raids and BG bugs and whatnot, they don't have time for these (comparably) insignificant additions

Emilia90 said:

Here's a good link about Yellowjacket.

https://www.cbr.com/what-if-yellowjacket-little-known-facts/#yellowjacket-wasn-t-exclusively-a-villain-like-in-the-mcu
    Huh, I see. Thank you.
    edited January 30

They aren't going to add skins to the game. They won't add much to the gameplay, and it's just too much work to add a specific skin to all the champs in the game. The devs have their hands full right now with Raids and BG bugs and whatnot, they don't have time for these (comparably) insignificant additions

With all those issues, I agree. But I'm hoping for it in the future when they worked these things out, unlike the others saying that it will never happen.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,302 ★★★★★
    no non nein
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,431 ★★★★

no non nein

Não
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,396 ★★★

So can we please make the ones that are too similar just be skins for the champ that came first? Like red and blue cyclops, OG iron man and superior (I know OG iron man is reworked, but still), OG and symbiote spidey, OG cap and ww2, etc. They could give compensation for all the resources used to rank up the champs removed idk.

I just really want MCU cap's leather jacket uniform, Elektra's daredevil outfit, dreadpool as a skin for deadpool, and many others

I want like shorts over pants. Long sleeves under short sleeves. A jockstrap over shorts. A facemask behind a face.
    A high heel above the heel. A gosh darned sock over my shoe.

no non nein

Não
    Oo
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,078 ★★★★
    You can always go for skincare
    smdam38 said:

I want like shorts over pants. Long sleeves under short sleeves. A jockstrap over shorts. A facemask behind a face.
    A high heel above the heel. A gosh darned sock over my shoe.
    I don't get it

I need my champ's skins to care for first
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,268 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Maybe just funny hats?
    This isn't Angry Birds 2.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,309 ★★★★★

The reason is literally money and longevity. Why would the hemorrhage potential future champion releases on skins? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They would get far more mileage out of an entirely new champion than a skin or reskin.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,078 ★★★★

I need my champ's skins to care for first
    It'll only cause allergies
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Bad decision? Debatable.

Ultimately, Kabam's decision? Not even close.

You have to remember that they work in tandem with Marvel, which means that if an MCU version of the character is in the game, it was done at their request, as a tie in for the movies/ shows.
    ahmynuts said:

The reason is literally money and longevity. Why would the hemorrhage potential future champion releases on skins? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They would get far more mileage out of an entirely new champion than a skin or reskin.
    They could make it like one of those spider-man games where using a skin gives an added benefit. They could make a crystal for skins to make money from it. So relics but only on a specific champ or synergy benefits but you don't need any other champ. Those two, but cooler basically.

Emilia90 said:

Bad decision? Debatable.

Ultimately, Kabam's decision? Not even close.

You have to remember that they work in tandem with Marvel, which means that if an MCU version of the character is in the game, it was done at their request, as a tie in for the movies/ shows.
    I understand, I watched a video about it. I didn't say it's Kabam’s decision.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

They could make it like one of those spider-man games where using a skin gives an added benefit. They could make a crystal for skins to make money from it. So relics but only on a specific champ or synergy benefits but you don't need any other champ. Those two, but cooler basically.
    All I remember was that MROC had skins and customizable gear and we all saw how that ended.

ahmynuts said:

All I remember was that MROC had skins and customizable gear and we all saw how that ended.
    Idk, what that is about. I heard about marvel realm of champions but I only knew that it shut down. I only started playing mcoc 5 months ago