**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Issues with Valient only rewards

124»

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,513 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

OlCoach67 said:

It’s supposed to be elite & high end.

Those looking up wont like it those reaping will say finally this is why I did this.

Elite high end = being lucky enough to pull 7 star shuri and 6 star kate. Also grinding a lot of arena.
    Didn't use either of those for any of my runs.
  • Options
    iFilipowicziFilipowicz Posts: 41
    If someone gets valiant after the first fight drops on wednesday, does he still get the objective and can earn everything??
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,585 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I say it is about time Valiant started having some perks other than the daily crystal and some money offers.

100%
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 703 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Btw im not saying valiant shouldnt get additional perks. Wheter its luck, time or skill that you put into to get it, its still a game that needs stuff like that to progress. I just dont like when people talk about exploring necropolis as some kind of insane skill dependant content

Technically, it is very skill dependent. You can't just mindlessly use Kate and expect to win. You also can't just mindlessly use shuri and win.

Also there's a whole plethora of options that people have used besides Kate, Ægon, and shuri. If you have a 7* gamora, then you can do a ton of the fights with her. Many other 7*s can be used as well along with 6*s. The biggest hurdle to necro exploration is your own time and patience.
    If your definition of skill dependant is not doing stuff mindlessly then even arena is a content that probably takes skill. What people did with kate and shuri was just doing their usual play pattern again and again and just use way less revives than any other option.
    Yes of course there is options. My point wasnt that there werent any. My point was that either you have the options and you do it with less revives (options that barely has anything to do with skill they just answer rpg problems) or you use suboptimal optins and spend way more revives. And yes its about time and patience. You have to grind arena. Even aegon like too around 50 rev for me to complete the easietlst path and best i saw was 30 revives that someone did. 30 revs is like 1200 units.(absolute best case scenario). And we know the average is way more than that.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Btw im not saying valiant shouldnt get additional perks. Wheter its luck, time or skill that you put into to get it, its still a game that needs stuff like that to progress. I just dont like when people talk about exploring necropolis as some kind of insane skill dependant content

This is a reasonable position. It *can* be an expression of skill. For example, I believe Swedeah posted a video soloing Necro Red Goblin with a 4* Rogue. That’s absolutely skill. YouTubers have posted videos of reviveless path completions, I don’t think anybody would say that doesn’t show an insane amount of skill.

But I do agree that powering through with Aegon and a checkbook/infinite revives is not a display of skill so much as it is stamina. There is skill required for some matchups, like the Elsa Bloodstone one (that was I think one of my favorite fights), but overall yeah, doing a run in like 60+ revives is not a thing to brag about.
    Of course that can be expression of skill but not everyone let even 25% of playerbase is like swedeah and people that became valiant did very skillfull stuff to explore it. Cuz why would they? Why would they go in with rogue when they can go with a way better option that doesnt really take skill or time.
  • Options
    edited February 4

Ruwqiersa said:

mad cuz ur bad? 😿
    I mean yeah. Im mad cuz im so bad i couldnt pull shuri or any other best option to massivly reduce my item cost in a run. And have to grind hours and hours of arena
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,228 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Every game I've ever played has had "that's not really hard" discussions. I consider them a bunch of drivel myself. If a player set themselves the goal of completing or exploring Necropolis, and they did whatever they had to do to achieve that goal, I don't particularly care how they did it. The game is the game, the rules are the rules, and that's that. If a player is Valiant, they earned it, whether they farmed a billion revives or whaled out while zonked out on turkey. They did what was required to achieve Valiant, and they are now entitled to the rewards associated with Valiant.

Every progression game is fueled in part by pursuit goals. Those goals have to follow a progression of difficulty. Games judge difficulty by seeing how many players actually achieve those goals. If it is a lot, it is easy. If it is only a few, it is hard. Period. Valiant is the top progression tier in the game, and it is less than three months old. It should be difficult to get. Few players have it at the moment, so it is difficult to get. Period. Belittling how those who got it got it serves no useful purpose to a game that builds itself upon a foundation of valuing those who chase those goals by the very means they did so.

I'm only making counter arguments. I'm not belittling anyone for how they got the title, but if they try to belittle others for not achieving it and saying it's supposed to be earned, yet they revive farmed then it's contradictory.
    No, its not. Belittling someone for not having a particular title is wrong, but saying you have to earn it is not belittling. Those are two completely different things. I'm not defending the former, but the latter is just reality.

Sure, you can say it was easier back when you could more easily farm revives. But that's just the veterans' argument in reverse: it will never be harder than it was when we did it, so who cares what you do now. I became Uncollected when it was as hard as it will ever be. I did Act 6 before it was nerfed, without the champion options that exist now, without the rank up tiers that exist now. That's something to be proud of, but the players today that clear Act 6 earn the same clear I did. The people attempting Necropolis clears have no leg to stand on if they complain it is harder now. It will only get easier, and they have the benefit of way more information about how to do it than the people who did it right out of the gate. That's just how the game works, and how it always will work.

This game constantly changes and evolves. You play the game as it exists when you play it. You don't ask for the game as it was. Unless you want all your progress reviewed in the same light.
    I’m not against valiant progression rewards in side quests or any other form. I think it’s great and should have been implemented on release. Releasing a title with nothing more than daily crystal upgrades is shallow.

I think kabam could have informed the general player base better in game and gave a more informed consensus on when 8.4 would release so people had a full picture on whether to explore necropolis or wait.

Yes I understand that’s how the game is. I just think it’s funny when people who are 100% committed to the game come and talk down on others in forum who have actual lives outside of the game. I’m sure if the amount of paragon players in the game knew and had a better understanding, a lot more paragon players would be valiant now by fully exploring necropolis.
    Kabam did clearly mention the 2 paths to valiant and one of them was to do path of necro and explore act 8 in spring.
    Also this talking down to others in the forum is a two way street. Just as you are trying to insinuate that those who are not valiant are the ones who have actual lives outside the game and not those who are committed to the game.
    And those people who have lives outside game should not be overly bothered by the inability to do a couple of objectives meant for valiant players.
    No that's wrong - they mentioned FOUR paths

1. Complete & explore Necro
    2. Complete Necro + Cyber weekend
    3. Complete Necro + explore act 8
    4. Cyber weekend + explore act 8

Not sure what this thread is really about - did people not expect those with a new title to get some perks from the next special events? It has always been this way. It used to be thronebreaker who got the extra title-based objectives for such events, then paragon, now it's valiant.

There is no point to progression titles w/o perks or extra rewards.
  • Options
    Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Posts: 83
    It took me 3000 units to explore necropolis
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 146 ★★
    The only issue is that we didnt get this earlier
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 712 ★★★
    Everybody gets a trophy…..
  • Options
    AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 103
    edited February 4
    I've been valiant for some time 2 weeks after necro I believe and the benefits haven't been amazing whatsoever we need more rewards, even the daily crystals result in mainly 10% of either t3a or t6b not great. I think in 6 months or less the daily crystal will be outdated. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I thought this thread was over but since it’s back at the top, two thoughts for the discussion.

1.They announced new incentives for the title shortly after they removed a path to the title. That is mildly frustrating. Not the end of the world, but there is something that doesn’t feel great about it. I think there was a better way to handle it.

2. I did not expect more endgame content before 8.4. I think they could have communicated at some point in this rollout that there would be more endgame content before 8.4. That may have factored in to people’s decision making about pushing for Valiant via Necropolis exploration or waiting for 8.4.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★

I thought this thread was over but since it’s back at the top, two thoughts for the discussion.

1.They announced new incentives for the title shortly after they removed a path to the title. That is mildly frustrating. Not the end of the world, but there is something that doesn’t feel great about it. I think there was a better way to handle it.

2. I did not expect more endgame content before 8.4. I think they could have communicated at some point in this rollout that there would be more endgame content before 8.4. That may have factored in to people’s decision making about pushing for Valiant via Necropolis exploration or waiting for 8.4.

To your second point, they did. Multiple times and through multiple avenues. It was said on livestreams and it was said in the Valiant announcement (somebody posted a screenshot of it in this thread already). And based on recent years, Kabam has pretty consistently had overarching content drops between story drops, so this shouldn’t be a surprise to anybody.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,565 ★★★★★

Can't believe you're doubling down in this incorrectness lol