**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Let’s Talk - BGs is Failling Behind, why?

Comments

• Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 282

The medals from diamond 1 on are the killer for me. 5 wins in a row and it seems like every time I get to 4 I get death matches back to 0. Unless I spend for the victory shield when I get to 4 and that is only available with tokens once a week.

There is hope. I got matched more than once against someone on 4 medals at Diamond 1 whilst I was at zero medals on Diamond 2, and that is in this season alone! Sort of funny seeing them with a shield, after I completely give up after seeing their roster.
  • Options
    OluzOluz Posts: 1
    They need to add 7 * shards for thronebreaker players and up. (I’m a paragon Player)
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,631 ★★★★★
    Oluz said:

They need to add 7 * shards for thronebreaker players and up. (I’m a paragon Player)

Thronebreakers should be focusing on exploring act 7 and 8. I don’t think their store needs 7stars. Paragon title really should be the focus. Just some friendly advise.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,075 ★★★★★
    1. Rewards. They are not worth time and effort
    2. They are not as grindy as arena. 15 minutes in arena would get you some units, 15 minutes in arena will give you maybe 2 completed matches.
    3. After previous summer deals, iirc, the gap between ftp and paying players became huge

Simple solution to most of those — have a season with 3* champs only and units in rewards, maybe some extra currency for an event shop tied to progression level. But looks like it will never happen
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    The frustration of constantly seeing 1/4th of my deck conveniently not showing up in drafting, paired with terrible reward to time played rate is my main factor in only getting the objective every 48 hrs
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 693 ★★★
    I mean just look at the solo milestones, they are enough to make valiant players like me unwilling to play it...on top of that, the BG store was the best store when it came out but it's been over an year and still they decided it to keep as it is. I loved this mode but now the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I, personally don't feel the motivation to play it.
    However, I enjoyed playing raids this time around, pretty good improvement there.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,361 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Bugmat78 said:

BigBlueOx said:

1.) Staleness - The game mode has become monotonous. 2 meta seasons make the game mode feel more like arena. And if one of those metas is unenjoyable it really impacts motivation for the season. The staleness is even worse feeling with the seasonal class nodes that make it more like 2 pseudo metas under a season long meta too. Yes it means more time to plan for a meta in the current configuration but honestly it’s stale compared to 4 meta seasons where you might need to reset your deck and rescheme each week. This also gave you more freedom to target a week that better fit your roster. 2 meta seasons are stale, recommend increasing to 3 or even back to 4.

4.) Content fatigue… too much g things that feel grindy at the same time. It’s awesome to always have things to do, but when there’s seemingly always another brutal defender to learn, or difficult mountain of content dropped people will prioritize elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that either but at some point too much to do has diminished returns when it’s the same player bases being asked to spend more and more time in game.

It's these 2 for me along with the rewards no longer being gamebreaking with current valiant deals, and a LOT of other content. I'm more excited to play Raids, bugs and all, than BGs when I decide what to spend my valuable resource called time on - the one worth more to me than to Kabam of course.
    Time? Oh, Bugmat, you know that's not a valuable limited resource. /s
    I'm going to expand on this because I just had a shower thought.

If there is one thing all living things on this planet have in common above all else it's that time is the most precious, valuable, and limited resource that does and will ever exist.

T6cc, t4a, t6b, units, money. We can all get that back. Time is the one thing that NO ONE can get back. Ever. I think it's impossible to just try and ignore that like it isn't a factor in everything we all do.
    Time is not common. Time is relative 🤓🤓🤓🤓
  • Options
    Updating the Bg store solve all the issues
  • Options

That would help but that on its own would fall short too. Milestone rewards are even more out of date than the store. And the actual grind would still be broken.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

That would help but that on its own would fall short too. Milestone rewards are even more out of date than the store. And the actual grind would still be broken.
    Update is not one time thing, We should have updates in regular intervals, Maybe Fixed updates in 3-4 months each
  • Options
    edited February 21

BigBlueOx said:

Update is not one time thing, We should have updates in regular intervals, Maybe Fixed updates in 3-4 months each
    I mean I think anybody spending time on the forums has heard that was meant to be the plan. Sadly, it always seems like one store is falling behind if not all 3 of them (targeting BGs, AW and AQ).
  • Options
    JUSTRITCHJUSTRITCH Posts: 14
    Battlegrounds Battle matching needs to be fixed from just tiers. To Ranks and Tiers... its insane I cant advance period if all u are doing is matching me up with People who have rosters 3X-5X higher than mine..

Heavyweights don't fight Lightweights for a reason..
    So unless BG is for whales only... this 1000% needs to be tuned up
  • Options
    JUSTRITCH said:

Battlegrounds Battle matching needs to be fixed from just tiers. To Ranks and Tiers... its insane I cant advance period if all u are doing is matching me up with People who have rosters 3X-5X higher than mine..

Heavyweights don't fight Lightweights for a reason..
    So unless BG is for whales only... this 1000% needs to be tuned up

This logic would hold water if there were different reward tiers like AW. Since we are all competing for the same prizes right now I have to disagree with you.

Does this perhaps highlight a need for different divisions with different tiers of rewards? Perhaps but I could see that going astray too as many of the most talented summoners may be frozen out of divisions built around titles or roster requirements. Maybe division built around strength of a deck would be the most fair way to manage.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 539 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

3.) Cash offers making the pay to play feel out of balance with free to play - I say this as a player that buys far too many deals. And when it’s possible to purchase a roster of 7stars over the course of a few sales, it’s possible to bypass 5years of roster development in that same time frame. That leaves smaller f2p rosters feeling like the game mode might as well be locked behind a gated community. The Valliant bundles definitely make this problem feel worse, as every dolphin and whale out there (me included) can just fork over a $100 dollars to get access to the best defender out there now. Not sure what can be done here that isn’t being done already though as there are many ways via content to earn rewards right now. So I think the teams on the right course here.

Lack of updated rewards and the guaranteed new 6* for the "haves". If you're a have not, then you have a steep learning curve every season. With Kabam's recent focus on meta defenders, that you either can't dex or can't parry and have specials that have a bunch of swipes required to avoid any damage.

Unless you're in the game all the time, you just don't have enough exposure to know the interactions of each champ, how to counter them and how to avoid damage against them. And how many of them do unavoidable damage now unless you have a perfect counter, Bullseye, Dust, Onslaught... more?! You can try to ban them, but you have 3 bans and the players buying all the champs often have them minimum as 6r4 and often 6r5 and ascended. Pick your poison.

I can live with people having strong attackers, because all you need to know is how to dull that attacker... you're generally not fighting against them and learning the ins and outs of every new defender. I used to love theory crafting but now it's on overload.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Bugmat78 said:

BigBlueOx said:

1.) Staleness - The game mode has become monotonous. 2 meta seasons make the game mode feel more like arena. And if one of those metas is unenjoyable it really impacts motivation for the season. The staleness is even worse feeling with the seasonal class nodes that make it more like 2 pseudo metas under a season long meta too. Yes it means more time to plan for a meta in the current configuration but honestly it’s stale compared to 4 meta seasons where you might need to reset your deck and rescheme each week. This also gave you more freedom to target a week that better fit your roster. 2 meta seasons are stale, recommend increasing to 3 or even back to 4.

4.) Content fatigue… too much g things that feel grindy at the same time. It’s awesome to always have things to do, but when there’s seemingly always another brutal defender to learn, or difficult mountain of content dropped people will prioritize elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that either but at some point too much to do has diminished returns when it’s the same player bases being asked to spend more and more time in game.

It's these 2 for me along with the rewards no longer being gamebreaking with current valiant deals, and a LOT of other content. I'm more excited to play Raids, bugs and all, than BGs when I decide what to spend my valuable resource called time on - the one worth more to me than to Kabam of course.
    Time? Oh, Bugmat, you know that's not a valuable limited resource. /s
    I'm going to expand on this because I just had a shower thought.

If there is one thing all living things on this planet have in common above all else it's that time is the most precious, valuable, and limited resource that does and will ever exist.

T6cc, t4a, t6b, units, money. We can all get that back. Time is the one thing that NO ONE can get back. Ever. I think it's impossible to just try and ignore that like it isn't a factor in everything we all do.
    Yep - not sure why they said that the other day but I haven't forgotten it. If we (players) don't spend time in this game nobody gets paid.