**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds state and rewards buff

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,685 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Honestly can't believe Kabam are happy to piss off every Paragon player I'm the game 😂😂😂

Well it looks like the game is finally dying lol. For a mobile game that has lasted this long, it’s a damn miracle
    You think the game is going to die because a store didn’t get updated in a timely manner? Incredible.

I agree that it’s a bummer that Paragons aren’t getting any update, but come on. This is such a bad take that I’m gonna play more BGs out of spite for it
    It’s not about the store, it’s about the dwindling Battlegrounds participation. BGs has been a huge part of mcoc since 2022 and has completely changed how players play it.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Currently at Diamond 1 and curious to see how I compared to other rosters that had made the Gladiator’s circuit. Most had top champs at 30k+ in the bottom rung (Uru 2), but came across these below. Can somebody explain what’s going on here?

I’d like to know the answer to this question as well. I was under the impression that anyone could match anyone after Platinum. I can assure you I haven’t come across anything like this on my way to GC.

Dr. Zola
    You're correct, doc. In diamond/vibranium you can match anyone. So either those first 2 players are the best and luckiest players in the world, or they're modding...
  • Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 371 ★★★
    What is the max amount of trophy tokens an account can have?
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,512 ★★★★★
    So what exactly changed for paragon?
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 709 ★★★

So what exactly changed for paragon?

Haven't compared exactly, but from the posts I've seen mentioning it, paragon got doughnuts
  • Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 371 ★★★
    Sigil store needs an update still. Smh
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 189 ★★
    Damn… gonna miss getting a couple of free wins during the victory track. Oh well cya 👋🏽
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,685 ★★★★
    @13579rebel_ well, not much
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,801 ★★★★★
    Valiant store update is super but if players willing to push to gc reduces we can all look forward to a shitfight in the VT like this season was for me.

"You can match anyone in plat" will take on a whole new meaning for anyone without a very good roster.

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,450 ★★★★★
    I knew I should have saved my BG tokens Sunday evening and Monday evening. I bought 100 6* sig stones to start sigging up my Black Widow.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 825 ★★★
    edited February 28
    so paragon are asking that players who grinded the sh*t out of the game to reach valiant have the same shop as theirs ? Dont tell me about money or whalers, i myself reach valiant spending no money on it , and same goes lots of players . But seriously , BG season rewards need a hugh buff like season 12 , with that rewards players in that mode will be less and less
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 212 ★★
    Even if it was obscenely overpriced (it would be), I really wish we'd have a consistent drip of tier 4 alpha without having to spend.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 835 ★★★★
    I for one am happy with the bg store upgrade. As a recent Valiant player this is going to do wonders for my roster progression. Thanks Kabam
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,801 ★★★★★
    edited February 28
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey. We just announced an update to the store.

Edit: We added a Valiant Store.

This is absolutely hilarious for some reason 😂

On a serious note why not just change the prices for Paragon at least? The fact that I'm still paying 360 tokens for a single 6* stone (which is 30 tokens less than a TB btw) is absolutely laughable. We're a few months away from 8.4, seriously? Those changes would've mattered now, soon they won't matter as much because most of us will already be Valiant.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,801 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Valiant store update is super but if players willing to push to gc reduces we can all look forward to a shitfight in the VT like this season was for me.

"You can match anyone in plat" will take on a whole new meaning for anyone without a very good roster.

Based purely on personal experience, I do not believe “you can match anyone.”

Over the entire history of BGs, I have had perhaps 5 matches where the only chance I had of losing was for me to be stricken suddenly with a cardiac event, neurological failure or some combination of both.

Dr. Zola
    Oh, I agree but this season was oddly more difficult for some reason
  • Options

Skyfaw said:

Damn… gonna miss getting a couple of free wins during the victory track. Oh well cya 👋🏽

I'm not really subscribing to the end-of-game narrative, but the idea that less people playing is inconsequential, is short-sighted. The more you prioritize the Top Players and leave the rest in the fray, the less the larger number are going to want to play it. Good luck running a game mode with Matchmaking parameters when the number of Players participating is dwindling.
    I disagree. I think the Valiant title accomplishes what the paragon and throne breaker titles failed to do. Inspire players to pursue the next progression title faster than they normally would have.
  • Options

Skyfaw said:

I'm not really subscribing to the end-of-game narrative, but the idea that less people playing is inconsequential, is short-sighted. The more you prioritize the Top Players and leave the rest in the fray, the less the larger number are going to want to play it. Good luck running a game mode with Matchmaking parameters when the number of Players participating is dwindling.
    I disagree. I think the Valiant title accomplishes what the paragon and throne breaker titles failed to do. Inspire players to pursue the next progression title faster than they normally would have.
    Faster? How? Revive farming is dead and not all of us can buy five Odin's and call it day. 100% Necropolis is not easy, even if you wanted to 100% it (assuming you have the perfect counters for every path which I do) at this point you wouldn't be able to get it done before 8.4 drops unless you can spend a lot of money on units.
    The gap in benefits between being valiant versus being paragon is the widest I’ve ever seen between progression levels. Normally I would’ve done one path of necropolis and called it a day (as I did with the abyss and labyrinth) but after seeing the amount of rank up materials valiant players get for free from just the daily crystals I knew it was a game changer. That’s not mentioning all of the other added rewards to content across the game exclusive to valiant players.

When I started necropolis back in December I had zero r2 7*s now I have 2 r3s and 8 r2 with another 2 that I’m close to ranking up I spent zero dollars on cyber weekend and only enough to reach milestone rewards in the banquet event. I grinded arenas and used those units to explore necro. I don’t have the biggest roster or the highest skill but I got it done and now it is paying off and it didn’t take a huge amount of cash. I spaced out my path runs instead of trying to do it in one shot.

My point is I’m sure I’m not the only one who was inspired to pursue valiant due to the huge difference in rewards and I’m pretty sure that’s what kabam was going for they have been pretty transparent about their desire to have players explore necropolis it’s why they toned down the banquet event this year and ended revive farming.

People think bg participation is going to suffer but I think it will increase the new valiant bg store is too good for emerging valiant players to pass up on also a ton of paragon players with a necro completion will look to hoard bg tokens for after act 8.4 when they will get their second r3. 7*s and become valiant.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,801 ★★★★★

Skyfaw said:

Faster? How? Revive farming is dead and not all of us can buy five Odin's and call it day. 100% Necropolis is not easy, even if you wanted to 100% it (assuming you have the perfect counters for every path which I do) at this point you wouldn't be able to get it done before 8.4 drops unless you can spend a lot of money on units.
    The gap in benefits between being valiant versus being paragon is the widest I’ve ever seen between progression levels. Normally I would’ve done one path of necropolis and called it a day (as I did with the abyss and labyrinth) but after seeing the amount of rank up materials valiant players get for free from just the daily crystals I knew it was a game changer. That’s not mentioning all of the other added rewards to content across the game exclusive to valiant players.

When I started necropolis back in December I had zero r2 7*s now I have 2 r3s and 8 r2 with another 2 that I’m close to ranking up I spent zero dollars on cyber weekend and only enough to reach milestone rewards in the banquet event. I grinded arenas and used those units to explore necro. I don’t have the biggest roster or the highest skill but I got it done and now it is paying off and it didn’t take a huge amount of cash. I spaced out my path runs instead of trying to do it in one shot.

My point is I’m sure I’m not the only one who was inspired to pursue valiant due to the huge difference in rewards and I’m pretty sure that’s what kabam was going for they have been pretty transparent about their desire to have players explore necropolis it’s why they toned down the banquet event this year and ended revive farming.

People think bg participation is going to suffer but I think it will increase the new valiant bg store is too good for emerging valiant players to pass up on also a ton of paragon players with a necro completion will look to hoard bg tokens for after act 8.4 when they will get their second r3. 7*s and become valiant.
    I'm not arguing that it doesn't make you want to 100% Necropolis and become Valiant quicker cause it does. I'm arguing that at this point even if that is the case, you're better off waiting for 8.4 so you can 100% Act 8 on day one. A few price changes to the Paragon store would've been great while we waited for 8.4 to drop though, it would've encouraged people like me to come back and do BGs but since that didn't happen I won't be playing BGs personally.

BGs participation is definitely going to suffer, Valiant is probably 1/4 of the total playerbase atm. Also, I can guarantee you 90% of the Paragons won't have the patience to put in the work for the next two months and get nothing in exchange. People hate hoarding, there's a reason Kabam themselves have said that they want to encourage people not to hoard.
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 189 ★★

Skyfaw said:

They been neglecting the end game players for like 4-5 months. It’s about time Valiants got some perks other then just a daily crystal. So idk what you yapping about. This was bound to happen and 2-3 months or whenever they decide to drop 8.4 then you can enjoy the perks to.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 657 ★★★
    edited February 28

Steam97 said:

I think it's clear that battlegrounds right now has a much lower partecipation compared to a few seasons ago and mainly it's because the rewards are really outdated and same for the bg store, it definitely needs something bonus for valiant players.

« Less participation. Let’s increase Valiant rewards and improve the Battlegrounds store. »
    Shortly after, Kabam : « Done for the Valiants! »

So Valiants are the major part of the players in Battlegrounds?
    If it is not the reality, what about the other titles?! Don’t they deserve an upgrade too?
    Well, at the moment, no reason to spend more time.
    Haven't you heard that our Time is totally inconsequential to kabam?
    All you see is the last sentence (about time)? No problem with those before (nothing happened to the other titles) that were much more important in the message?

So, for you,I conclude this message with the original idea:
    Nothing for other titles (that represent the major part of the players of this game) = no reason for them to play or to play more Battlegrounds = Battlegrounds mostly between Valiants players.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 364 ★★
    Wth I just spent 20k yesterday in bg store.. seriously I lost hope for the bg store update for next 3-4 months...but still I m so happy with valiant store...it is pretty good...I am back in BG from next season...

Thanks Kabam