15678911»

Comments

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Adjust Quake and reintroduce her
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

TheNepper said:

@ChaosMax1012 If kabam would want a totally new kit why would they do it with an existing champ? Especially if they expect backslash, it just doesn't make sense, they can introduce that kit on any other new champ.

Simple. Her kit isn’t the only issue. Its her playstyle itself. She deals damage without making contact, and is able to repeat the cycle without ever making contact with the opponent. If they changed the concussion to PV, obviously she is less broken and more limited to certain node combinations she would otherwise be able to bypass. However i always found her playstyle to be cheap, stale, and really lacking in creativity compared to the majority of champions in the contest. I get that players enjoy it for the fact they get to avoid using resources, or consider it to be a skill, but nonetheless she is the same champion with just a different debuff, with more limitations. While I wouldn’t mind it if kabam decides to go through with the change anyway to release her at a higher rarity, i feel like the optimal decision is to reinvent her into something more traditional to the game like making her special and basic attack’s relevant aside from just staying in the corner the whole match. Inventing a new kit for any other new champion wouldn’t resolve the quake issue, which is why i brought up the idea. Instead of dancing around with the implications and satisfaction of the community, accept the fact that some people will be mad, while making many others happy with a change to a really old champion that makes her feel brand new and still relevant to the game. As I previously mentioned, battlegrounds is a new game mode that only reinventing her kit could make her of more use for it. Obviously i don't mean to imply she should get completely changed only for new game mode purposes, but more so to offer a resolution that splits the playerbase with good and bad reactions with a reimagined quake. Kabam has also done changes like this already to characters like magneto, colossus, iron man, hulk, juggernaut, king pin, venom, etc. There is no reason to think quake would be an exception if they were to reimagine her, so i could see this being a thing

Again i am in the minority as i already said, its an interesting idea but many are too attached to the quake and bake to let it go, which is fine. Its been in the game for years, so considering this change may feel ludicrous to many, and cause outrage. But on the other hand, i think its safe to say everyone who has used quake has very quickly gotten sore of her playstyle, and only ever use it when they need to. In todays meta, quake even if she were released as a 6* as she is wouldn’t compete well in battlegrounds or everest content, and strikers are becoming meta for content like act 8. There are also many faster and more efficient options available that are also more fun to use, which makes quake redundant if the only purpose is to save resources. But of course she is still an insanely broken war attacker vs non tactic champions, great for story content overall, and many other things im sure, but i feel like she has the potential to be so much more if kabam decided to get creative with her and make better use of her aftershocks. I may be biased but we all are in here, my idea will never be popular which im fine with, but its worth atleast being open minded to.
    So if u want a different kit and play style just ask on the wishlist for daisy quake is quake and they wont change the playstyle since the whole idea of her is to quake
    And the idea of colossus was to be the worst champion in the game as a meme, but now he’s a badass tank as people wanted him to be. Champions like hyperion and archangel arent changed because they are simple, satisfying, and powerful in every meta. Quake is definitely outdated in terms of her gameplay. Its not fun, nor worth the time. She is a champion where her full kit is used via her heavy and dash back. Nothing else with her matters. There is definitely room to reinvent her, even if they kept the heavy concept but amplified it so players who enjoy playing the game how its meant to be played can do so by dealing damage through special attacks and basics, whereas players who want to play in the corner the whole fight can choose to do so.
    But they wont kabam said if they changed her they aint changing play style as they like how people play her as requires skill to pull it off the only thing they dislike is her shutting everything down also she doesnt have to hold heavy u can just play her normally just u wont get her damage as her damage is ramped mainly by heavy
    Already addressed that more than once. Im aware its a change that would never happen since creativity in quake will be limited due to her broken playstyle. Just thought i would mention something more fun and interactive to add.