Options

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake?

Comments

• Options
    MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Posts: 58
    Adjust Quake and reintroduce her

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

No Bullseye I guess, too good to be true.
    Don't care though, she'd still obliterate FAM Photon Onslaught and Dust so easily without concussion.

Anyways 192:177, still not overwhelming majority but it's something. Last time there was a poll we stood no chance, hope more people open their eyes as time goes by lol.

Only one in that list id need to actually counter is photon or fam like i like learning onslaught and dust
    Same here, Dust only needs someone with incinerate and Onslaught is easy to counter in general (champs who can't crit like Shocker make it even easier) but I know 90% of the playerbase absolutely despises fighting them so that's why I said Quake is the answer to everyone's problems lol quite literally.
    Ive been learning the havok cheese on onslaught not there yet though but will do once timing and dust will see as havent seen her on defense yet to actually practise i just know in incursions that month she was a pain to fight
    For Dust, you're good if you have someone with incinerate or plasma that's all you really need. If you don't however good luck with light intercepting the whole match cause you won't be able to hit on her block or block any hits.
    Actually shes kinda like Yondu. You want to bait out dashing mediums and parry those for your combos
  • Options
    TheNepperTheNepper Posts: 24
    Leave her as-is and phase her out
    I wonder what game mode are you thinking of when you are talking about what she WOULD counter.

Because if just in general, she DOES counter these champs you have listed right now as 5*.

If you talk about war, you cannot use her vs tactic champ this season, but otherwise she is usable, you don't have to worry about time limit. Last season she was one of the best attacker, as she ignored tactic as it was. (I did use her tons of times in tier 2)

If you talk about BGs, she wouldn't be too good there. Fight time is much more important and you have better counters for each of these champs.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,454 ★★★★★
    edited March 30

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Don't care though, she'd still obliterate FAM Photon Onslaught and Dust so easily without concussion.

Anyways 192:177, still not overwhelming majority but it's something. Last time there was a poll we stood no chance, hope more people open their eyes as time goes by lol.

Only one in that list id need to actually counter is photon or fam like i like learning onslaught and dust
    Same here, Dust only needs someone with incinerate and Onslaught is easy to counter in general (champs who can't crit like Shocker make it even easier) but I know 90% of the playerbase absolutely despises fighting them so that's why I said Quake is the answer to everyone's problems lol quite literally.
    Ive been learning the havok cheese on onslaught not there yet though but will do once timing and dust will see as havent seen her on defense yet to actually practise i just know in incursions that month she was a pain to fight
    For Dust, you're good if you have someone with incinerate or plasma that's all you really need. If you don't however good luck with light intercepting the whole match cause you won't be able to hit on her block or block any hits.
    Actually shes kinda like Yondu. You want to bait out dashing mediums and parry those for your combos
    If you parry mediums you still get sand debuffs on you though. Sand = Sandstorm = GGs.
    Found out the hard way the other day.
  • Options
    JerichoharrisJerichoharris Posts: 17
    It’s not going to be everyone’s view but personally I think there are a whole swathe of champs that shouldn’t go past 6*. There are simply too many to keep track of, to get to know and to use them all effectively and too many cases where new champs and particularly modes require niche counters.

Moving to 7* and onwards (as it will inevitably be) is an opportunity to clear the decks a bit and bring a bit of sanity back to the whole proceedings.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,647 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Thats what im learning the intercepts as im not sure if just ai or what but she feels so passive so want to learn the intercepts as she aint bad to deal with but gotta get the timing down as u said u dont want to hit block which is what it is
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    As i have said before just make a new version of quake and leave the OG model alone so upcoming player have the same advantage. We have tons of reskins in game just do the same for Quake and end this debate same could be said for a future version of most OP champs.
  • Options

As i have said before just make a new version of quake and leave the OG model alone so upcoming player have the same advantage. We have tons of reskins in game just do the same for Quake and end this debate same could be said for a future version of most OP champs.

And again they probs wont do that when they can easily just change 2 things on quake without having to touch anything else
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,721 ★★★★★
    edited March 31
    wolverines regen was too much and SW was too broken.

Neither takes any skill at all to use and the world didnt end when they were released as 6*

The people who will wreck content with 6* quake would wreck content anyway and those who can't, won't and will use absolutely broken hercules instead.

Just release quake, as is.
  • Options

Neither takes any skill at all to use and the world didnt end when they were released as 6*

The people who will wreck content with 6* quake would wreck content anyway and those who can't, won't and will use absolutely broken hercules instead.

Because those got nerfed in 12.0
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,163 ★★★★
    Make Quake Great Again!
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,814 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

Make Quake Great Again!

Are you sure you submitted the right vote? 😂
  • Options
    edited March 31

Neither of those was immune to damage from 90% of the champs and nodes in the game, or able to kill a defender without landing a single hit and giving the defender any power.
    Your comparison is like saying well a 7* Hulk didn't break the game, 7* Herc would be fine. SW and Wolverine were both strong yes but they weren't broken regardless of what Kabam may have said before they were released as 6*. Quake on the other hand is actually broken and the fact that they had to shut down evade on all boss nodes in AW just because of her alone proves it.

Also, the argument that only skilled people can use her therefore not broken is silly. Her kit is broken regardless of how well you can use it, that's more of a you problem.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Might be alone in this but best solution tbh is remove quakes kit entirely and give her something new. Not trying to sit in the corner the whole match just holding heavy and dashing. Changing the debuff isn’t even really a fix imo, it just limits her range but where there isn’t any power gain, DOT or evade counter node, she still does what she does even when she had the concussions. Scrap her kit, reintroduce her as a new champion. Thats what i would vote for.
  • Options

Might be alone in this but best solution tbh is remove quakes kit entirely and give her something new. Not trying to sit in the corner the whole match just holding heavy and dashing. Changing the debuff isn’t even really a fix imo, it just limits her range but where there isn’t any power gain, DOT or evade counter node, she still does what she does even when she had the concussions. Scrap her kit, reintroduce her as a new champion. Thats what i would vote for.

Kabam wont do that as they want to keep her how she is just not broken what ur asking for is can she not quake and just be daisy
  • Options

She would still do what she does indeed but that's because they want her to still be one of the strongest champs in the entire game just not Herc level, Miike mentioned this already.
  • Options

She would still do what she does indeed but that's because they want her to still be one of the strongest champs in the entire game just not Herc level, Miike mentioned this already.
    She can still be one of the strongest if reintroduced as something not broken and more exciting than her current playstyle. What makes her broken is the fact she deals damage without making contact with the opponent. Remove that but make her have unique abilities that are still powerful like how dust has her sand debuffs, iceman frostbites, storm her shocks. Quake could have something like tremors, or even keep concussions but applied a different way than on heavy. Or even have a cooldown on her evades and increase her damage. Many simple fixes that still makes her really strong. If they want to keep her playstyle as is, then i doubt the majority of players would stand for changing her concussions to any other debuff, because even being limited to as a 5* she is still broken, just insanely boring to play.
  • Options

She can still be one of the strongest if reintroduced as something not broken and more exciting than her current playstyle. What makes her broken is the fact she deals damage without making contact with the opponent. Remove that but make her have unique abilities that are still powerful like how dust has her sand debuffs, iceman frostbites, storm her shocks. Quake could have something like tremors, or even keep concussions but applied a different way than on heavy. Or even have a cooldown on her evades and increase her damage. Many simple fixes that still makes her really strong. If they want to keep her playstyle as is, then i doubt the majority of players would stand for changing her concussions to any other debuff, because even being limited to as a 5* she is still broken, just insanely boring to play.
    If they reworked her completely I can guarantee you 90% of the forums would be raging worse than if they just nerfed her slightly. If you find her playstyle boring that's fair but most people wouldn't want a Quake with a different playstyle.

As for the last part, we don't know what the whole playerbase wants, however the majority of the people on the forums actually wouldn't mind and this poll proves it.
  • Options

If they reworked her completely I can guarantee you 90% of the forums would be raging worse than if they just nerfed her slightly. If you find her playstyle boring that's fair but most people wouldn't want a Quake with a different playstyle.

As for the last part, we don't know what the whole playerbase wants, however the majority of the people on the forums actually wouldn't mind and this poll proves it.
    “Most people wouldn't want quake with a different playstyle” “we don’t know what the whole playerbase wants”

Personally i think many players just don’t care for quake in general because of her boring playstyle and limited rarity. There is little creativity that went into her, so of the thousands of players there are, they would rather time be invested into newer characters than deal with quake who has been a hassle for years and just scrap her. The issue with this of course is the backlash kabam would receive from changing a broken character to something more balanced. However no matter what, if quake changes there will be backlash regardless, which is why there is an impasse. So instead of making her a worse version of her current self, why not reimagine quake into something that could receive just as much positive feedback as backlash received to balance things out. Its not certain, but i would definitely argue the majority of the player base would be open to such a change since the usage of quake is decreasing more and more with higher rarities and new champions with fun playstyles being available.

Ultimately its Kabams decision on what to do with the quake dilemma, but I don’t see the harm in taking the time to fit in quake for one of the buff program overhauls like how they did with OG iron man who is used for war and raids, OG hulk and juggernaut who are used as BG monsters, and a bunch of others.
  • Options
    edited March 31

“Most people wouldn't want quake with a different playstyle” “we don’t know what the whole playerbase wants”

Personally i think many players just don’t care for quake in general because of her boring playstyle and limited rarity. There is little creativity that went into her, so of the thousands of players there are, they would rather time be invested into newer characters than deal with quake who has been a hassle for years and just scrap her. The issue with this of course is the backlash kabam would receive from changing a broken character to something more balanced. However no matter what, if quake changes there will be backlash regardless, which is why there is an impasse. So instead of making her a worse version of her current self, why not reimagine quake into something that could receive just as much positive feedback as backlash received to balance things out. Its not certain, but i would definitely argue the majority of the player base would be open to such a change since the usage of quake is decreasing more and more with higher rarities and new champions with fun playstyles being available.

Ultimately its Kabams decision on what to do with the quake dilemma, but I don’t see the harm in taking the time to fit in quake for one of the buff program overhauls like how they did with OG iron man who is used for war and raids, OG hulk and juggernaut who are used as BG monsters, and a bunch of others.
    The only thing shes getting is stuff that was already worked on as they provided us with what they are giving quake she isnt getting a overhaul nerf just a slight tune down nerf of removing concussion to physical vuln and fixing the passive of cant evade if no debuff so they wouldnt need to take time away from buffs or anything as its something that can be not announced and u just see it one day in patch notes like we saw with nightcrawler
  • Options

You're severely underestimating how much people care about Quake. Have you seen the reactions Miike gets when he jokingly says Herc is getting nerfed?
    Quake is for the OG players what Herc is for every player nowadays. Trust me, if they completely reworked Quake the backlash would be unlike anything we've ever seen on the forums and Kabam knows this very well lol. This is precisely why it's either a slight nerf or nothing, a slight nerf would be more palatable than a full rework which I'm 100% sure they considered at some point.

Also, as someone who has been playing since 2015 I would absolutely hate it if they reworked Quake completely. Call it nostalgia or whatever you want but if we are changing the current version of Quake and not making a completely new version of Quake then I would want her to still be a shadow of what she once was, not a completely different character with a completely different playstyle.
  • Options

You're severely underestimating how much people care about Quake. Have you seen the reactions Miike gets when he jokingly says Herc is getting nerfed?
    Quake is for the OG players what Herc is for every player nowadays. Trust me, if they completely reworked Quake the backlash would be unlike anything we've ever seen on the forums and Kabam knows this very well lol. This is precisely why it's either a slight nerf or nothing, a slight nerf would be more palatable than a full rework which I'm 100% sure they considered at some point.

Also, as someone who has been playing since 2015 I would absolutely hate it if they reworked Quake completely. Call it nostalgia or whatever you want but if we are changing the current version of Quake and not making a completely new version of Quake then I would want her to still be a shadow of what she once was, not a completely different character with a completely different playstyle.
    There are many newer players that have come since then that don’t even know about the quake and bake gimmick. Many OG players have quit since then, and keeping quake locked at a low rarity for nostalgia purposes would likely cause players to press back on this issue anyway. Prebuff colossus was the worst champion in the game, but they didn’t keep him that way for nostalgia, they changed him into a mutant powerhouse so players have something they could enjoy and have use of. Again, the backlash will exist no matter what, which is why an overhaul is the best solution to alleviate the amount of backlash received with positive feedback, as has been done with many other old champions. Many won’t be open minded to this idea because change is something people are afraid of, but in this specific instance it seems like the best solution given the years its been an issue, and given the current impasse of keeping quake an ancient relic that people will force themselves to use to give her relevancy.

Lets look over why quake is stuck as a 5* real quick. The only two major reasons are because she is broken, and because of the backlash kabam will receive if they change here. Lets pause there

How do we change quake without receiving backlash? The simple answer is that it’s not possible because as a community, there will always be those who complain or try to bring out the flaws and be hyper critical of a change that occurs. Apocethary received backlash because kabam took a broken mechanic where players could farm essentially infinite revives, and limited it to one revive and a fools errand to scavenge for more after many runs. Backlash in this instance is fair because the difference of infinity to one is a big change. However was this change necessary? Yes, this is a major resource that should not be obtained in large quantities for so cheap. But how does this situation relate to the quake dilemma? Quake in her current state would be bad for the game’s economy if released at a higher rarity, in theory atleast. People don’t want her to change because they still use her, or because she has been like this for so long so no reason to change her now, or because she’s their favorite champ, or because they will quit the game of anything ever happens to her! However, circling back to the Apocethary dilemma, there was only major backlash because a rotation people were familiar with to obtain a resource, which they have been doing for so long, has finally been removed and tuned down. This was due to something that NEEDED to be changed for the games economy. Quake and her current kit NEEDS to be changed for the game’s economy. Despite how many players favor her, and want her to be the same because of how broken she is, that doesn’t overrule the fact that she is a broken champion, and needs to be changed. As a result, whatever change occurs, there will for certainty be backlash due to a broken champion no longer being broken. This is okay! This won’t end the game, and long term it will be a healthy relief on kabam, and something the player base will come to accept.

Alright so if something needs to be changed, then the physical vulnerability change will have the same effect right?
    Yes and no. The goal of this change in Kabam Miikes words is to still have her be one of the strongest champions and work the same way, and not be broken. However his only circumstance is that majority of players come to agree in said change or quake will never see the light of day essentially, as the backlash is mainly received by him and kabam jax, who are people with emotions and dont need said backlash for their mental health. On paper the physical vulnerability change sounds like a perfect solution, and even i can get behind it, but it would require the majority of players to agree on it, and with that in mind many players that still use her wouldn’t give up her ability to counter like 90% of nodes in the game for the world, and getting majority of players to agree on something like this is very difficult. This is where the impasse occurs. If this change does come to pass, then of course my idea is null and void since majority of players will have agreed on this change. But given how many years it has taken before the quake dilemma has been solved, an overhaul sounds like the perfect solution to excite newer players and look at quake in a more positive light, and even older players that either disliked her playstyle, liked her playstyle but wanted to see her available at higher rarities, or those who didn’t care for her before but gain interest after seeing her completely changed. The backlash will be existent, but thats ok because its a step that is necessary to move forward with this character, and the positive feedback received will have made up for it.

Ethically, in the eyes of older and newer players, an overhaul would bring something fresh and exciting to the game at the expense of a broken mechanic. This trade off is more than worth it if it means quake would no longer be invasive to the games economy, and still be seen as a top champion with a more modernized sense of the game that goes beyond just charging heavy and dashing back in the corner the whole match just to avoid using resources.

This is just an example of what the change could potentially be: Having quake throw a special ability applies root to the opponent, which is a relatively unused ability, has defensive capabilities which is relevant to battlegrounds and AW defense, and quake charging heavy while the opponent is rooted allows quake to deal additional aftershock damage through her heavy attack until the root has expired. When the root expires, quake can be granted 3 evade charges or perhaps implement the physical vulnerability on the opponent for 5-10 seconds which allows quake to evade all attacks throughout that PV duration. Kabam can get as creative with it as possible, which i think adds to the fun of this idea. I know i am in the minority of players who would want a complete change in quake, and most certainly this will never be agreed upon and will likely only be brought up by myself, but i think its optimal for what kabam is trying to achieve, and how they want it achieved.
  • Options
    TSantoreTSantore Posts: 4
    Can you have 2 different versions of the same character in the game? If so use the promo code to give all players the option to unlock a 6* quake that would change her kit at all levels if used. You could do the same for Hercules but at a 7*. Make it progression based so not just anyone can get a 6 or 7 star but that would let the community choose if they want the champion at a higher rank. Profile pic of the character might need to change once selected so you know if you are fighting the updated version or not. I’m also not sure how you would manage crystals but the new higher rarity would almost have to be locked behind the promo code (I can’t imagine you would want to code basic crystals based on if a summoner used the promo code, but maybe that is easy). I don’t really know how easy it would be to do all this but I thought I would throw it out @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    TheNepperTheNepper Posts: 24
    @ChaosMax1012 If kabam would want a totally new kit why would they do it with an existing champ? Especially if they expect backslash, it just doesn't make sense, they can introduce that kit on any other new champ.
  • Options
    TheNepper said:

@ChaosMax1012 If kabam would want a totally new kit why would they do it with an existing champ? Especially if they expect backslash, it just doesn't make sense, they can introduce that kit on any other new champ.

Simple. Her kit isn’t the only issue. Its her playstyle itself. She deals damage without making contact, and is able to repeat the cycle without ever making contact with the opponent. If they changed the concussion to PV, obviously she is less broken and more limited to certain node combinations she would otherwise be able to bypass. However i always found her playstyle to be cheap, stale, and really lacking in creativity compared to the majority of champions in the contest. I get that players enjoy it for the fact they get to avoid using resources, or consider it to be a skill, but nonetheless she is the same champion with just a different debuff, with more limitations. While I wouldn’t mind it if kabam decides to go through with the change anyway to release her at a higher rarity, i feel like the optimal decision is to reinvent her into something more traditional to the game like making her special and basic attack’s relevant aside from just staying in the corner the whole match. Inventing a new kit for any other new champion wouldn’t resolve the quake issue, which is why i brought up the idea. Instead of dancing around with the implications and satisfaction of the community, accept the fact that some people will be mad, while making many others happy with a change to a really old champion that makes her feel brand new and still relevant to the game. As I previously mentioned, battlegrounds is a new game mode that only reinventing her kit could make her of more use for it. Obviously i don't mean to imply she should get completely changed only for new game mode purposes, but more so to offer a resolution that splits the playerbase with good and bad reactions with a reimagined quake. Kabam has also done changes like this already to characters like magneto, colossus, iron man, hulk, juggernaut, king pin, venom, etc. There is no reason to think quake would be an exception if they were to reimagine her, so i could see this being a thing

Again i am in the minority as i already said, its an interesting idea but many are too attached to the quake and bake to let it go, which is fine. Its been in the game for years, so considering this change may feel ludicrous to many, and cause outrage. But on the other hand, i think its safe to say everyone who has used quake has very quickly gotten sore of her playstyle, and only ever use it when they need to. In todays meta, quake even if she were released as a 6* as she is wouldn’t compete well in battlegrounds or everest content, and strikers are becoming meta for content like act 8. There are also many faster and more efficient options available that are also more fun to use, which makes quake redundant if the only purpose is to save resources. But of course she is still an insanely broken war attacker vs non tactic champions, great for story content overall, and many other things im sure, but i feel like she has the potential to be so much more if kabam decided to get creative with her and make better use of her aftershocks. I may be biased but we all are in here, my idea will never be popular which im fine with, but its worth atleast being open minded to.
  • Options

TheNepper said:

Simple. Her kit isn’t the only issue. Its her playstyle itself. She deals damage without making contact, and is able to repeat the cycle without ever making contact with the opponent. If they changed the concussion to PV, obviously she is less broken and more limited to certain node combinations she would otherwise be able to bypass. However i always found her playstyle to be cheap, stale, and really lacking in creativity compared to the majority of champions in the contest. I get that players enjoy it for the fact they get to avoid using resources, or consider it to be a skill, but nonetheless she is the same champion with just a different debuff, with more limitations. While I wouldn’t mind it if kabam decides to go through with the change anyway to release her at a higher rarity, i feel like the optimal decision is to reinvent her into something more traditional to the game like making her special and basic attack’s relevant aside from just staying in the corner the whole match. Inventing a new kit for any other new champion wouldn’t resolve the quake issue, which is why i brought up the idea. Instead of dancing around with the implications and satisfaction of the community, accept the fact that some people will be mad, while making many others happy with a change to a really old champion that makes her feel brand new and still relevant to the game. As I previously mentioned, battlegrounds is a new game mode that only reinventing her kit could make her of more use for it. Obviously i don't mean to imply she should get completely changed only for new game mode purposes, but more so to offer a resolution that splits the playerbase with good and bad reactions with a reimagined quake. Kabam has also done changes like this already to characters like magneto, colossus, iron man, hulk, juggernaut, king pin, venom, etc. There is no reason to think quake would be an exception if they were to reimagine her, so i could see this being a thing

Again i am in the minority as i already said, its an interesting idea but many are too attached to the quake and bake to let it go, which is fine. Its been in the game for years, so considering this change may feel ludicrous to many, and cause outrage. But on the other hand, i think its safe to say everyone who has used quake has very quickly gotten sore of her playstyle, and only ever use it when they need to. In todays meta, quake even if she were released as a 6* as she is wouldn’t compete well in battlegrounds or everest content, and strikers are becoming meta for content like act 8. There are also many faster and more efficient options available that are also more fun to use, which makes quake redundant if the only purpose is to save resources. But of course she is still an insanely broken war attacker vs non tactic champions, great for story content overall, and many other things im sure, but i feel like she has the potential to be so much more if kabam decided to get creative with her and make better use of her aftershocks. I may be biased but we all are in here, my idea will never be popular which im fine with, but its worth atleast being open minded to.
    So if u want a different kit and play style just ask on the wishlist for daisy quake is quake and they wont change the playstyle since the whole idea of her is to quake
  • Options
    Bendy said:

TheNepper said:

So if u want a different kit and play style just ask on the wishlist for daisy quake is quake and they wont change the playstyle since the whole idea of her is to quake
    And the idea of colossus was to be the worst champion in the game as a meme, but now he’s a badass tank as people wanted him to be. Champions like hyperion and archangel arent changed because they are simple, satisfying, and powerful in every meta. Quake is definitely outdated in terms of her gameplay. Its not fun, nor worth the time. She is a champion where her full kit is used via her heavy and dash back. Nothing else with her matters. There is definitely room to reinvent her, even if they kept the heavy concept but amplified it so players who enjoy playing the game how its meant to be played can do so by dealing damage through special attacks and basics, whereas players who want to play in the corner the whole fight can choose to do so.
  • Options

Bendy said:

TheNepper said:

And the idea of colossus was to be the worst champion in the game as a meme, but now he’s a badass tank as people wanted him to be. Champions like hyperion and archangel arent changed because they are simple, satisfying, and powerful in every meta. Quake is definitely outdated in terms of her gameplay. Its not fun, nor worth the time. She is a champion where her full kit is used via her heavy and dash back. Nothing else with her matters. There is definitely room to reinvent her, even if they kept the heavy concept but amplified it so players who enjoy playing the game how its meant to be played can do so by dealing damage through special attacks and basics, whereas players who want to play in the corner the whole fight can choose to do so.
    But they wont kabam said if they changed her they aint changing play style as they like how people play her as requires skill to pull it off the only thing they dislike is her shutting everything down also she doesnt have to hold heavy u can just play her normally just u wont get her damage as her damage is ramped mainly by heavy
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,129 ★★★★
    edited April 2
    I change my mind. Now, I think it's almost time to put Magik in as a 6 star champion. She isn't even near as broken as Quake is, as she can still take damage, and her power control does take time to set up (you need to get to sp2).
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 199 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

I like the idea of leaving 2-5* Quake as is while also introducing a nerfed 6* version. That way she’ll stay viable, and there’ll still be an option to use her current kit with the lower rarities.

I think this is the best case scenario, but not sure how feasible it actually is from a dev perspective. Like, imagine I join the game after this has been done and I get a lower rarity Quake and I get used to her, learn her kit inside and out. Then one day I pull her as a 6*+, and expect to be able to use her in all the same ways and content I always have, but now she’s functionally a different champion.

I dunno. I’m not saying it’s a deal breaking problem, but it’s definitely a problem.
    I mean new players might play with 1* juggs, colossus black panther and spidey and realize those abilities aren’t really what those champs do, yet that’s still in the game