Overrated/Underrated: The Wasp

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,380 ★★★★★
edited April 8 in General Discussion

The partner of Ant Man and a key part of the Quantum Trinity (with Ghost and Hood).

She hits hard, but falls easily. Has some utility such as a weakness, an evade ability that can be annoying on defense, Concussion on the sp1 that scales with her combo meter, Power Sting and Petrify on the sp2, and the sp3 deals more damage the higher the combo meter. Not to mention she has easy access to stuns via a MLLLH combo like America Chavez, Doom and Silk.

So do we think she is overrated, underrated or perfectly rated? I just pulled her

Overrated/Underrated: The Wasp 102 votes

Overrated
9%
SnakeEyes69buffajrCondemnedToeGK_23ProxMagicsolChiefGoatWasy1Oliver345781Friendly001 10 votes
Underrated
53%
Robbo101Feeney234TerraNescioThatGuyYouSaw235AshyKnucklesTheHeroDeservedIndioSkay1984PikoluC19h28o2peixemacacocaptain_rogersMilan1405Tempest_024HemajBerjibsMCOCHazzaTerminatrixChrisPowellThe_Doctor_24_1 55 votes
Perfectly rated
36%
MagicBentonNanoDroidCazMqc19Herbal_TaxmanFunkFydaneLmaoanggafkJustcause102IvarTheBonelessSCP1504Powerofpain1001WhoDaPooRebarkItsClobberinTimeKrishna24TheExit27BeastDadNONYABIZZ 37 votes

Comments

• BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,805 ★★★★★
    Perfectly rated
    A little dated with the massive amount of talent in that class now.
  • DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    Perfectly rated
    The damage and utility are nice, but she’s far too squishy. True glass cannon and can’t really block using her.

• UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    Perfectly rated
    Just to many science options good champ just way more options that can speed through fights to
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,407 ★★★★
    Underrated
    Amazing forgotten champ.

Only few use her on BG.
    80% victories guaranteed

Against Mystics and a lot of other champs is a huge win, just go hit heavy, heavy again, maybe one more time.
    Wait for Sp.2 and it's done.

Some others as Rintrah, Absorbman, Archangel, and skill is difficult to do this.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,765 ★★★★★
    edited April 9
    Underrated
    EdisonLaw said:

The partner of Ant Man and a key part of the Quantum Trinity (with Ghost and Hood).

She hits hard, but falls easily. Has some utility such as a weakness, an evade ability that can be annoying on defense, Concussion on the sp1 that scales with her combo meter, Power Sting and Petrify on the sp2, and the sp3 deals more damage the higher the combo meter. Not to mention she has easy access to stuns via a MLLLH combo like America Chavez, Doom and Silk.

So do we think she is overrated, underrated or perfectly rated? I just pulled her

Underrated, but also kind of pushed to the back burner since so many other science champs have been released. I love Wasp! Was actually thinking of r5ing her... but her healthpool is trash 😔
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,242 ★★★★
    edited April 9
    Underrated
    She is by no means top 5 science, but she is very underrated. I used to think people knew about her but since the science class is so stacked they don't care to take her up, while that's true for a lot of the cases, I have genuinely seen instances where people think she's just a bad character, and that's not true at all.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,380 ★★★★★
    edited April 9
    Underrated
    DUHveed said:

The damage and utility are nice, but she’s far too squishy. True glass cannon and can’t really block using her.

You can kinda block, but her block proficiency is below average (39%). Block proficiency stat focus should help her when she's a 7 star
    Underrated
    She needs a healthpool buff lol
    Underrated
    Wanted to revive this post with the hopes that she'll be available as a 7* 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    Perfectly rated
    I think she’s rated correctly for where she is now, but she would be a really fun 7*
    edited August 7
    Underrated

Wanted to revive this post with the hopes that she'll be available as a 7* 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

I think she would be a great 7* addition. She could highly benefit from stat focusc mainly block proficiency. I know you typically don’t want to block with her, but in some scenarios, like un-dexable specials you are forced to block
    Underrated

I think she’s rated correctly for where she is now, but she would be a really fun 7*

Agreed. She'd be super fun! And I believe she's slept on. I use her a lot in BGs. She's rarely banned and comes out with a W as long as I don't screw it up 😂

Underrated
    EdisonLaw said:

I think she would be a great 7* addition. She could highly benefit from stat focusc mainly block proficiency. I know you typically don’t want to block with her, but in some scenarios, like un-dexable specials you are forced to block
    Exactly. Would def have to give her Block prof. And I wonder how that extra crit stat would do 😁
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,401 ★★★★★
    Perfectly rated

Agreed. She'd be super fun! And I believe she's slept on. I use her a lot in BGs. She's rarely banned and comes out with a W as long as I don't screw it up 😂

Damn, seems like the block proficiency stat + Cap relic could help her a lot cause the damage is there. She could be a great 7*, hopefully soon.
    Underrated

Damn, seems like the block proficiency stat + Cap relic could help her a lot cause the damage is there. She could be a great 7*, hopefully soon.
    It would help...it SOOOOO would. I'm suprised she was not in the launch pool. The point of the 7* stats is to add them to those who need it.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,304 ★★★★
    I hate fighting her. So there's that.
    Underrated

Lmaooo it's the evade/counter ain't it?
    Underrated

Lmaooo it's the evade/counter ain't it?
    Also her tendency to stun you mid combo
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    Underrated
    I wish her power stings are longer
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,401 ★★★★★
    Perfectly rated

It would help...it SOOOOO would. I'm suprised she was not in the launch pool. The point of the 7* stats is to add them to those who need it.
    Yeah I don't even think she would need crit stat or special damage or anything, she's already a glass cannon. If she had a way to mitigate more block damage I bet she wouldn't be as underrated.
    Underrated

Yeah I don't even think she would need crit stat or special damage or anything, she's already a glass cannon. If she had a way to mitigate more block damage I bet she wouldn't be as underrated.

Block damage and low healthpool is like her own personal bug spray lol.