**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Who to r5 with the gems from 8.4

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,511 ★★★★★
So 8.4 gave us 3 r4-r5 gems and I’m having some trouble deciding who to use it on. I play battlegrounds a lot and Hulkling was an immediate first pick, but the remaining 2 are a little trickier

A lot of the champs I would want to take up + ascend are in the base pool (Silk, Juggs) and I wanted to focus more on champs that we won’t be seeing for a while. R4 doesn’t cut it for a lot of these champs anymore and I’ll just take the top 2 voted up

Who to r5 with the gems from 8.4 98 votes

Archangel
20%
pseudosaneLPtheArtist_666Migginslyblurblotspiderbites0196DawsManJack2634AndremlopesCyrillFromTulaPonrajcbrOliver345781DarthGuacamoleTrongNovTribalChiefAvnishBabyGrootQueenMcocNoverrr77King_5trudelBrill_14 20 votes
Cosmic Ghost Rider
18%
XXGhost_RiderXXRookiiePickle_tickleOGAvengercaptain_rogersBossdog55555BuggyDClownSchnoodleTnkeesmanXFREEDOMXhyp3r05Johny_JoestarGrub88Riryokumcocnoob12345Nacho98jj_jj_9R4ID3R 18 votes
Nick
26%
Talha305RajaSligSecondSkrillerJinxesaxeFeeney234yossAdvAyden_noah1HungaryHippoLight_StormKRANꓘedricdangarang122Ewell65SSS69GardoshDoctor_Strange19Ben_15455Finalfurykwillrun4adonutRealWizard 26 votes
Scorpion
34%
RaganatorCazRagnarok13Vegeta9001MagrailothosMaxtheSilentRockSlydeHellboyy9999Rayven5220TheAngryOnesxlbstverliebtPowerofpain1001AozerItsClobberinTimeWolf911Spider_RicoDfour24RZSYiashiZephyre33 34 votes

Comments

• Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    Nick
    Those are great choices and an arguement can be made for all 4 but I took Nick up and have no regrets. He's a very underrated attacker in BG, the second life is a great tool. He's has more value on defense than the other three as well.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    I’ve got the exact same 4 options for my account lol
  • Options

Hope this poll helps you decide too! I honestly don’t know who to go for lol
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Scorpion
    Scorpion just handles more
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,632 ★★★★★
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    It depends highly on your weak classes.
    For instance, I'm going to rank up Nimrod over hulkling and scorp cuz my tech roster is weak.
  • Options

It depends highly on your weak classes.
    For instance, I'm going to rank up Nimrod over hulkling and scorp cuz my tech roster is weak.

That’s a good point. I have a pretty well-balanced cosmic/mutant/skill roster tbh, but I probably should’ve said that my science roster is easily the best. Haven’t been giving scorp as much love recently since I always draft titania/Hulk/silk before him but maybe the r5 would change that
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Hope this poll helps you decide too! I honestly don’t know who to go for lol
    Lol thanks you as well, I also am at a crossroads with who to take up
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 715 ★★★
    Don’t ask me. I’m taking starlord up. No joke.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 215 ★★
    Nick
    I think pound for pound, Nick is the best champ out of your given options given how survivable he is in most fights, the bleed damage and the evade counter after some SP 1s.
  • Options
    Looks like Nick and Scorp are running away with the vote for now. Honestly kinda surprised to see how little CGR love there is lol. AA too, though I think a lot of people might think that r4 is enough for him
  • Options
    Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Posts: 102 ★★
    Nick
    Vance2_jr said:

Hell yeah, took up my sinister to r5a myself
  • Options
    Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Posts: 102 ★★
    edited April 11
    Nick
    Emilia90 said:

So 8.4 gave us 3 r4-r5 gems and I’m having some trouble deciding who to use it on. I play battlegrounds a lot and Hulkling was an immediate first pick, but the remaining 2 are a little trickier

A lot of the champs I would want to take up + ascend are in the base pool (Silk, Juggs) and I wanted to focus more on champs that we won’t be seeing for a while. R4 doesn’t cut it for a lot of these champs anymore and I’ll just take the top 2 voted up

For me it’s this question, who can you see not becoming a 7 star soon the most ?
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

For me it’s this question, who can you see not becoming a 7 star soon the most ?
    Honestly hard to say. I think AA and Scorp won’t come for a long while, but I can’t see CGR or Nick coming super soon either. I think Nick would be the most likely 7* maybe since he really wants the dupe
  • Options
    Took Scorp up since he was dominating the poll! Such a good rank up that already paid off on my first battlegrounds testing match. He destroyed a r2 maestro in 60 seconds and I thought I was screwed since I didn’t draft a good counter

Looks like Nick will be the second one as of now unless one of the others suddenly pulls ahead
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,632 ★★★★★
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Vance2_jr said:

Based
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 251 ★★
    Scorpion
    I have them all at r5 but I use scorpion like everywhere so have him the vote
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,955 ★★★★★
    Scorpion
    My votes go to scorpion and nick.
    Scorpion is the best all around of the 4, and nick even when if he becomes a 7*, needs the awakening so he's gonna be viable for a longggg time on defense.

Not gonna lie though, it's a good situation to be in! Lol

My nick and scorpion are both r5A, and AA/cgr r4A.
  • Options
    @Rayven5220 how does Nick do on defense nowadays? He’s been one of my instabans for months now so I’ve never seen him cook lol. I know Juggs and a few others nuke him but he’s still super annoying
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,233 ★★★★★
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    CGR, Herc, Doom ain't gonna see 7 star border any soon

2nd would be scorpion
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Took Scorp up since he was dominating the poll! Such a good rank up that already paid off on my first battlegrounds testing match. He destroyed a r2 maestro in 60 seconds and I thought I was screwed since I didn’t draft a good counter

Looks like Nick will be the second one as of now unless one of the others suddenly pulls ahead

I followed suit and ascended my scorp lol r5 once I get some iso.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Nick
    You will NOT regret Nick Fury. An absolute UNIT of a champ.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    Scorpion
    Emilia90 said:

@Rayven5220 how does Nick do on defense nowadays? He’s been one of my instabans for months now so I’ve never seen him cook lol. I know Juggs and a few others nuke him but he’s still super annoying

Nick on defense isn't too much of an issue, but his real strength in BGs comes from his LMD. If you get the defender low enough and allow them to kill you, your LMD will expire and Nick will regenerate to full, and with an sp3, you can finish the fight with 100% health remaining
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    Scorpion
    All these are great choices, and while normally I'd advocate for Nick, Scorpion is just the most versatile BGs attacker in this bunch. Archangel and CGR are absolute nukes, and can end BGs matchups in seconds, there are some matchups where they just aren't that viable, and the same can be said for Nick. Meanwhile, Scorpion is one of the most versatile champs in the game, and is viable outside of BGs as well.
  • Options
    Scorpion

Emilia90 said:

Nick on defense isn't too much of an issue, but his real strength in BGs comes from his LMD. If you get the defender low enough and allow them to kill you, your LMD will expire and Nick will regenerate to full, and with an sp3, you can finish the fight with 100% health remaining
    Hes not an issue when you have a counter for him on defense, but if you get clipped you can bleed out easily. Don't ask me how I know....
    Plus given the 2 lives, he can still stall.

I have never used him on offense, really, I didn't know the die, sp3 and dull health trick, that's pretty cool!

But for you saying he's not much on defense, neither is any champ you have a great counter for, lol

• Options
    Scorpion
    Emilia90 said:

Unless you have a nuke for him, he still takes time to take down. Sure, juggs, sunspot etc can nuke him down quick, but most champs can't do that easily and at worst he stalls the fight, at best they slip up, get clipped and bleed half to death.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    Nick

Vance2_jr said:

Hell yeah, took up my sinister to r5a myself
    The best choice.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who voted and gave their input! Both are already cooking in battlegrounds

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,995 ★★★★★
    Those of you that still use your scorpion, what are good matchups for him?

Lets be honest you’re not using him for mystic champs when silk/titania/spider ham/hulk etc would get much faster times.

I ascended scorp when i barely got him in like Quarter 4 of last year because I thought he was one of the best BGs champs, but since then I’ve realized the 7* science nukes lead to way faster fight times
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 858 ★★★
    Archangel
    Polygon said:

Those of you that still use your scorpion, what are good matchups for him?

Lets be honest you’re not using him for mystic champs when silk/titania/spider ham/hulk etc would get much faster times.

I ascended scorp when i barely got him in like Quarter 4 of last year because I thought he was one of the best BGs champs, but since then I’ve realized the 7* science nukes lead to way faster fight times

I partly agree with your opinion. He is much slower than your listed champs above, i even struggled taking down beefy boy like sassy, titania on defense. But i'd say rather than having good matchups, he is a swiss army knife. His access to 3 debuffs might not make him a tactical nuke, but he can do way too many matchups. His regen give you wiggle room.

• Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,205 ★★★★★
    Nick
    Scorpion is the single most overrated champion Istg. Can’t do anything without Venom with him…