**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

F2P Valiant Speedrun

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    Big congrats OP.

As someone who optimistically would have had fun doing this but will never have the time, how long do you spend each day on this?
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 116
    What masteries do you prioritize when you do these speedruns?
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 484 ★★
    Cantona59 said:

But, 7.3 gave me a reward bigger than anything in completion. Thronebreaker! I had been grabbing tech t5cc wherever possible and this formed the catalyst, letting me take guardian to r3. v=05hMjy7kKXk

Congrats
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 91
    @Cantona59 how much time are you spending per day on this?
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 722 ★★★
    Seeing a 1* Steve go through act 7 & most likely act 8, one of the coolest mcoc things I've ever seen. So glad this thread/accomplishment is getting the attention it deserves. @Cantona59 thanks for do this. It's really awesome to be along for the quest...
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,134 ★★★★
    Blown away by your skills. Love these updates too!
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited April 18
    Hey Cantona,
    How important would you consider a good Sidequest or Special Deals for your speedruns?

Do you consider giving Up / start over a run when you keep pulling **** Champions?
    So no magneto but rhino, black Bolt, cyclops and so on. Or do you Take the Challenge?

Great Work so far. I am following your Accounts.
  • Options
    I found glykhan the easiest of the act 8 bosses, particularly once I realised (in my last run...) that you can block his specials in the final indestructible phase.

7* warlock, oddly, was my go to, although I think the damage scale from the 7* node, must be huge, as R3 warlock was doing substantially more damage, than R2 bishop, or 5/65 ascended champs. So you may need to focus on r2-ing a 7*.

What thoughts at the moment for the necropolis run??
  • Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 194 ★★★

I found glykhan the easiest of the act 8 bosses, particularly once I realised (in my last run...) that you can block his specials in the final indestructible phase.

7* warlock, oddly, was my go to, although I think the damage scale from the 7* node, must be huge, as R3 warlock was doing substantially more damage, than R2 bishop, or 5/65 ascended champs. So you may need to focus on r2-ing a 7*.

I think my best option will be Chavez as she has good crit damage and big specials. I still have 50 ish revives and around 25 team revives so I’m gonna be fine but might eat a lot of resources.

In terms of the necro run so far I have no idea. Realistically I’m still hoping for one of the insane champs for it (Kate, Shuri, Wong, aegon etc), and I’m only gonna think about a different strategy when I’m coming towards the end of act 8 100%.
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

I think my best option will be Chavez as she has good crit damage and big specials. I still have 50 ish revives and around 25 team revives so I’m gonna be fine but might eat a lot of resources.

In terms of the necro run so far I have no idea. Realistically I’m still hoping for one of the insane champs for it (Kate, Shuri, Wong, aegon etc), and I’m only gonna think about a different strategy when I’m coming towards the end of act 8 100%.
    Great point; 100% act 8 gives a lot of chances for a great pull on 7*s, but also to R5 and ascend any 3 six stars and you may have enough revives and units to use almost anyone in necropolis by that point.

(One of my alliance mates used 5* aegon for his first run....👀 )

But actually with chee'lith, you may have a partial solution @BitterSteel has a bunch of awesome content with her marmalising necropolis content.
  • Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 194 ★★★

Cantona59 said:

Great point; 100% act 8 gives a lot of chances for a great pull on 7*s, but also to R5 and ascend any 3 six stars and you may have enough revives and units to use almost anyone in necropolis by that point.

(One of my alliance mates used 5* aegon for his first run....👀 )

But actually with chee'lith, you may have a partial solution @BitterSteel has a bunch of awesome content with her marmalising necropolis content.
    Interesting
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll check those vids out.