Options

F2P Valiant Speedrun

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,891 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Wondering what the game developer team is taking to the boardroom out of this run (regardless of hitting the intended goal).

The player base is cray-cray.
    Cantona59 said:

Wondering what the game developer team is taking to the boardroom out of this run (regardless of hitting the intended goal).

Probably shifting the limits for what is deemed “too fast” and gets banned by the system.
    That’s why I pre inform on the forums now so that my account doesn’t get nuked mid run 😅
    Possibly re-thinking the whole early + mid and possibly end game framework / structure if it could be blown out of water within a month by a few elect.
  • Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 189 ★★★

Day 12-13 Recap!
    So I decided to go with 8.1 exploration next after 8.4, I want to shred through the 6 path quests as quick as possible and they have slightly lower health pools and easier nodes.
    I managed to explore the first 3 quests, taking the paths remaining in act 8 down to 57, and didn’t really have any issues:

Red Goblin lane - ignored node and used Kate

Rocket lane - Gamora shredded cause cosmic node

Jane Foster lane - Hardest lane, but still only 1 revive. Didn’t have many counters for caustic temper and flare.

Sabretooth lane - heavy and special spam with Kate, used Chavez for Sabretooth

Luke cage lane - node doesn’t autoblock heavy attacks, so Kate and Chavez got through the node easily

All 3 bosses in this quest was fine enough, I went with red skull for 4/5 exploration lanes cause Kate shreds

Juggernaut lane - Kate sp1 spam with additional power gain

Punisher lane - everyone was good here cause of the weapon node making hitting block insane

Sunspot lane - Guardian crushed this lane, just let opponents throw their sp1 a lot and you get lots of furies

Black Widow lane - this was annoying tbh, cheelith was good but she applies lots of bleeds so there’s lots of power gain and opponents have ridiculous attack, 2 revives needed

Surfer lane - 800% damage sp1s, so Kate and Chavez made quick work of this

Once again all 3 bosses here weren’t too bad, decided to mostly do war machine with Kate and let him throw sp1s

Moon knight lane - domino and Kate was good here, shock wasn’t hitting too hard cause high health for 8.1

Wolverine lane - need a lot of dot damage for this lane, so Kate went straight through it

Civil Warrior lane - anyone can work here, but Gamora was best cause she naturally gets buffs instead of needing to dash back

Venom the duck lane - interesting interaction here. You are meant to have -90% damage unless opponent has power sting, but Kate’s coldsnaps still did normal damage. So sometimes I could ignore the node and usual Kate play

Iron fist lane - 600% damage heavy attacks, so a mix of Kate and Chavez again was very good for this

1 boss in this quest caused me an absolute nightmare cause I didn’t prepare for him 😅. The psycho man took around 3-4 revives because I didn’t have anyone good for him, plus the concussion can stop Kate’s coldsnaps.

Overall though, 3 quests explored and minimal item use so far. I’ve decided to buy the 500 unit revive pack twice as I’ll have enough units left for all the energy refills.

I’m probably going to stream for Day 14 and try to 100% 8.1, but depending on time I might fall a bit short of it. I’ll post link when I’m starting the stream again.
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8iBhpdtxjY&pp=ygUJY2FudDBuYX4x

Video for today, just showing all the bosses from 8.1.1 to 8.1.3
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 379 ★★
    Great going man! I subscribed to watch the streams, was 60th
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QZsanXYKr8

Short Stream Tonight sadly, so gonna do all the 8.1.6 Scytalis lanes so that its some exciting fights

Awesome stream!! Good work!!
  • Options
    Zephyre33Zephyre33 Posts: 131
    go get dat iso
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,701 ★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Sooooo it appears the spring cleaning deals have lots of iso 👀

The poolies deals will definitely help you a lot, since they basically give out most of the materials needed to rank 3 at least one 7*. Cantona, I don't think you could have picked a better time to do this speedrun.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 227 ★★

Cantona59 said:

The poolies deals will definitely help you a lot, since they basically give out most of the materials needed to rank 3 at least one 7*. Cantona, I don't think you could have picked a better time to do this speedrun.
    Paragon deals is only 1 t4 alpha and the 1 t4 alpha from 8.4 exploration so I believe he would be one short still and needs to do necropolis
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

Cantona59 said:

Paragon deals is only 1 t4 alpha and the 1 t4 alpha from 8.4 exploration so I believe he would be one short still and needs to do necropolis
    This, necropolis is still needed so from the deals I’m picking up a lot of iso and maybe some other random goodies.
    I’ve already done a load of rankups to make the rest of act 8 faster
  • Options

Day 16 Recap!
    It seems Kabam was listening to me about needing more iso, because spring cleaning brought essentially unlimited for the account. I spent some of the poolies instantly and did some rankups:

Chavez, r4 lvl 1 —> r5 lvl 65
    Domino, r1 lvl 25 —> r2 lvl 35
    Gamora, r1 lvl 1 —> r2 lvl 35
    Guardian, r4 lvl 1 —> r4 lvl 55
    Photon, r1 lvl 1 —> r3 lvl 45

I nearly doubled the strength of my top team, and ranked photon so that I have at least 1 ranked champ in each class for class nodes and relics for 8.3.
    Then I jumped into 8.3 exploration, and wow was it a breeze:

Antman lane - Skill champs get extra cruelty, so kate coldsnap was dealing massively increased damage making this a breeze

Sorcerer supreme lane - Science lane, so got to use my newly ranked photon. She was doing very well, but sadly died on spidey supreme so had to slowly finish with kate as I only had 25% damage

Gorr and Vulture was both pretty easy bosses, I sadly forgot to record vulture but it was just basic hits with Gamora and ramping her up more and more. Gorr slowly ticked down from Kate’s coldsnap after Chavez started the fight.

Gambit lane - Cosmic lane where you get aptitudes after striker, so Gamora was doing some filthy damage after a couple strikers

Kitty lane - tech lane, but essentially anyone can work here, so Kate and Chavez also did some heavy lifting

2 relatively easy bosses again in dormammu and Mephisto, Kate crushed dormammu and Mephisto was a full team effort

Kingpin lane - anyone can do this path, but domino can hit some ridiculous numbers if you get lucky on the specials. Kate is also fine because of the passive stun so no worries about tenacity

Sauron lane - tech lane, but the nodes are basically irrelevant. I used Kate for most of this lane as guardian was pretty slow even for mutants

Venom pool and knull was 2 soloes if I remember correctly, relatively simple nodes and Kate’s coldsnap just melts them both.

So that’s half of 8.3 explored, 6 paths to go for tomorrow including 2 Cerastes fights. Total paths left in act 8 now is down to 36, so we are closing in on that first r3 and then it’s time for the grand finale in the necropolis. My units and stash are looking very healthy too.

Video for today is another boss rush, just showing mostly how kate can absolutely destroy 80% of content.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRbwcoCmyDI
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 200 ★★
    Mans already got two MVPs for Necro! Let us know when you're doing the Necro stream
  • Options
    Trek26 said:

Mans already got two MVPs for Necro! Let us know when you're doing the Necro stream

Will do!
    Necropolis will be the big finish, so probably around day 20 or 21 to get this done within 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 200 ★★
    Cantona59 said:

Trek26 said:

Will do!
    Necropolis will be the big finish, so probably around day 20 or 21 to get this done within 3 weeks.
    Will be looking forward to it! You really show that putting in effort can help you achieve the top progression in the game!
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,288 ★★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Day 17 Recap!
    Another chapter of act 8 fully explored, just 1 to go now! 8.3 exploration was an absolute breeze, I used 1 revive in the whole exploration push and there was no true problem paths or bosses.

Elsa lane - Domino + prowess should be straight up illegal, she shredded this entire path on her own with 0 difficulties, it was usually 2-3 sp2s and dead

Massacre lane - Easy weapon node involving strikers, Kate and Chavez did the heavy lifting

Misty and Wong was both pretty easy bosses, domino and Kate wrapped them up pretty easily

Rocket lane - This was the only slightly hard lane, and where I used my only revive. Cosmic lane but more difficult as it has mix master and some tough defenders, so Gamora got it down in 1 revive.

Red Goblin lane - Chavez smashed this lane, lots of buffs for her to exploit, plus the striker node gives her stacking attack

Havok and bishop was both very easy here, most impressive one was Gamora soloing havok with no armour up for 80% of the fight and the damage just going nuts.

Hyperion lane - another lane that Chavez destroys, stops any defenders power gain and can heal up any damage taken with sp2

Dr Voodoo lane - I took photon to r5 for this lane (because I can) and she just destroyed it. It’s essentially striker spam and laying into the opponent cause they have the crush debuff

Now the most surprising bit of this whole chapter was what Gamora did to Cerastes. This was honestly disgustingly overpowered, the fight works in a way where Gamora ramps insanely fast and does crazy damage in all the wounded phases. The videos will show, but my 2 runs was both solos and took 5 and 4 mins. I honestly expected 10-12 mins per run.

8.3 rewards wasn’t really game changing, but at this point only the r3s are for the account. I got a science 4-5 gem (straight after photon rank with generic 🙃), and the 7 star Crystal was a spider Gwen who isn’t doing anything for me let’s be honest.

Tomorrow it’s onto 8.2, the final slog through act 8 towards the first r3. I expect it to take 2-3 days, and then necropolis the day after to hopefully finish on day 21 at the latest. I have all the iso, can use class crystals to get any 7 star class champ if needed, and will get all the gems needed. It’s just getting through it now and racing to the finish line.

Upload for today, another 8.3 boss rush including both Cerastes runs at the end:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hhu6ti8TZw

I believe u can get valiant day 26 with how much progress u having.
  • Options
    Wow! Almost there!!
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,127 ★★★★
    Blisteringly fast! What is your revive and unit stash looking like, for necropolis? Assuming Kate is going to do most of it?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,288 ★★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Blisteringly fast! What is your revive and unit stash looking like, for necropolis? Assuming Kate is going to do most of it?

Currently I have around 50 single revives, 10 team revives and 1.5k units left on the account (I bought 20 energy refills in bulk for 8.2). I plan to get one of the eq 500 unit deals for some 30% champion boosts so I have a pretty good stash for it.
    And yeah, Kate will be the carry for necropolis
    You can do it.