**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Units required for Omega event

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★
    edited May 6
    DNA3000 said:

Cure2024 said:

Jack2634 said:

i am an arena grinder myself , spent only 15 bucks every month (with or without special events) on sigil and 735 monthly units deal. Got around 6k+ every month and i can assure it can't be enough to participate in any events. For fellow f2p, i think this event is a pass. On the brighter side, this event will give a lot of free units and resources, so i will take those free rewards and free units anyday! And better saving them up for the upcoming july 4th event

have you calculated how many units we can get ? I know that we will have to spend some first but would love to know that max at what milestone to stop. Maybe @DNA3000 can calculate that too for us who just looking to get max units only.

600 units

Good to see we'll get free 600 units, kabam giving away units on random events, love that.
  • Options
    Cure2024Cure2024 Posts: 125 ★★
    thanks for the maths @DNA3000 so we can get 600 units max for free.
  • Options
    Chacha888Chacha888 Posts: 50
    DNA3000 said:

Let’s start here. There are two sets of milestones: Alpha and Omega. Alpha milestones are open to Uncollected and higher; Omega milestones are open to Paragon and higher.

The only way to get points to earn those milestone rewards is to open Omega crystals. There are three kinds of Omega crystals: Cavalier Omega, Paragon Omega, and Valiant Omega. Cavalier crystals earn you one point in Alpha milestones. Paragon and Valiant Omega crystals earn two points in both Alpha and Omega.

There are two ways to get these crystals. You can buy them, just like any other crystal. Or you can earn them during the Omega event. The only crystals you can earn (that we know about) are the Cav Omega crystals. You can earn up to 34 Cav crystals in a Delta mission (which will be one of those “defeat champions to earn points” type thing).

So to start, you can earn 34 Cav crystals and open them, and earn 34 points in the Alpha milestones. If you look at the Alpha milestones, you will see that the 20 point milestone awards four Omega Paragon crystals. If you open those you will get eight points (two per crystal). These are Paragon crystals, so you will get eight more points in Alpha, and if you qualify for Omega you will get eight points in Omega. That takes you to 42 points in Alpha, and 8 points in Omega.

At 35 points in Alpha there’s five more Omega Paragon crystals. So if you collect and open those, that’s ten more points in both tracks. So you’d then go up to 52 points in Alpha and 18 points in Omega. At 50 points in Alpha, you’d get five more Omega Paragon crystals, and opening those gives you ten more points again. So now you’re up to 62 points of Alpha and 28 points of Omega. There are no more Omega Paragon crystals in Alpha. But you’ve gone all the way up to 28 points in Omega, and at the 10 milestone in Omega you get two Omega Valiant crystals. Opening those crystals gives you four more points, so now you’re up to 66 points in Alpha and 32 points in Omega.

Your math is incomplete. At 30 pts omega, you get 2 more free crystals which bumps total to 70 and 36 respectively. But at 40 pts omega, you get 600 units. So it’s advantageous to spend 600 units to buy 2 crystals which you will get back at 40pts. This bumps the total to 74 and 40. So, the best return will be at 74pts in alpha and 40 pts in omega.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,034 Guardian
    Chacha888 said:

DNA3000 said:

Let’s start here. There are two sets of milestones: Alpha and Omega. Alpha milestones are open to Uncollected and higher; Omega milestones are open to Paragon and higher.

The only way to get points to earn those milestone rewards is to open Omega crystals. There are three kinds of Omega crystals: Cavalier Omega, Paragon Omega, and Valiant Omega. Cavalier crystals earn you one point in Alpha milestones. Paragon and Valiant Omega crystals earn two points in both Alpha and Omega.

There are two ways to get these crystals. You can buy them, just like any other crystal. Or you can earn them during the Omega event. The only crystals you can earn (that we know about) are the Cav Omega crystals. You can earn up to 34 Cav crystals in a Delta mission (which will be one of those “defeat champions to earn points” type thing).

So to start, you can earn 34 Cav crystals and open them, and earn 34 points in the Alpha milestones. If you look at the Alpha milestones, you will see that the 20 point milestone awards four Omega Paragon crystals. If you open those you will get eight points (two per crystal). These are Paragon crystals, so you will get eight more points in Alpha, and if you qualify for Omega you will get eight points in Omega. That takes you to 42 points in Alpha, and 8 points in Omega.

At 35 points in Alpha there’s five more Omega Paragon crystals. So if you collect and open those, that’s ten more points in both tracks. So you’d then go up to 52 points in Alpha and 18 points in Omega. At 50 points in Alpha, you’d get five more Omega Paragon crystals, and opening those gives you ten more points again. So now you’re up to 62 points of Alpha and 28 points of Omega. There are no more Omega Paragon crystals in Alpha. But you’ve gone all the way up to 28 points in Omega, and at the 10 milestone in Omega you get two Omega Valiant crystals. Opening those crystals gives you four more points, so now you’re up to 66 points in Alpha and 32 points in Omega.

Your math is incomplete. At 30 pts omega, you get 2 more free crystals which bumps total to 70 and 36 respectively. But at 40 pts omega, you get 600 units. So it’s advantageous to spend 600 units to buy 2 crystals which you will get back at 40pts. This bumps the total to 74 and 40. So, the best return will be at 74pts in alpha and 40 pts in omega.

Yeah, I stopped accounting for milestones before reaching 30 points in Omega in this explanation of the event. There’s a bunch of calculations for the cost of reaching specific milestones higher up in the thread, depending on what your goals are for spend vs milestones.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,671 ★★★★★
    Chacha888 said:

DNA3000 said:

What if you chacha slid up further into the thread where all of that is explained and not single out a shortened summary of information
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★

arena grinder with a hoarding habit

can't wait!

Most hated player by Kabam 🫠
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    How many units does July 4th require to get the near highest level?

I vaguely recall it used to be 18k units to get all 3 typical tier levels, but I know it changed to have 'bonus' items or having to clear out a certain tier to unlock some special offer. But is there a general amount?

I'm wondering how many units I should protect for July, and how much I could spend for Omega.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,671 ★★★★★

can't wait!

Brian Grant if he was an Omega level mutant
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,222 ★★★★

can't wait!

Well I'm at least glad to see you're going to partake. I never understood the ones who hoard units, but then never use them when stuff like this event releases. I mean when the mindset is that buying featured crystals is a mortal sin, you've got enough revives and stuff to get you through hard content, and you abstain from events that reward high unit spending...what are you waiting on? Kabam to come out of the blue with some mega, super, once-in-a-lifetime offer for 100k units?
    altavista said:

I vaguely recall it used to be 18k units to get all 3 typical tier levels, but I know it changed to have 'bonus' items or having to clear out a certain tier to unlock some special offer. But is there a general amount?

I'm wondering how many units I should protect for July, and how much I could spend for Omega.

If I recall, last year was 36k to grab everything.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,281 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

It was 18k twice so 36k
  • Options
    Chacha888Chacha888 Posts: 50
    ahmynuts said:

What if you chacha slid up further into the thread where all of that is explained and not single out a shortened summary of information

I did read the whole thread. Since the OP claims that he is only providing data to help others making decision, explanation is irrelevant. Neither the summary or the table posted in the first post were able to point out the most efficient amount of units to spend to reach certain milestone. The table should look like below if the goal is to provide data to help others.

• Options
    Chacha888 said:

ahmynuts said:

I did read the whole thread. Since the OP claims that he is only providing data to help others making decision, explanation is irrelevant. Neither the summary or the table posted in the first post were able to point out the most efficient amount of units to spend to reach certain milestone. The table should look like below if the goal is to provide data to help others.

That seems honestly more confusing to me, however, different people find different ways of structuring data more or less transparent (the thread already contains several other ways of showing how the milestones flow), so if that helps anyone, fine by me. The numbers themselves do seem correct at a glance, since major milestones line up with both my original table, and the others floating around that have the same unit spend conclusions.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 818 ★★★
    I really want to skip the back and forth, so if I buy 19 Valiant crystals for 5,700, does that get me to the first guaranteed 7* Omega crystal? After I open the rest of the crystals that is.
  • Options

I really want to skip the back and forth, so if I buy 19 Valiant crystals for 5,700, does that get me to the first guaranteed 7* Omega crystal? After I open the rest of the crystals that is.

You will need to buy more than that. You will need to get and open all of the Cav crystals from the Delta mission to score those points, and then you'll need to open all the Paragon crystals from the Alpha track that you earn, open all the Valiant crystals you get from Omega milestones, and then on top of that there are some crystals you need to buy using the units you get from the Omega track over and above the 19 crystals you buy with 5700 units to get to the Omega crystal milestone at 100 points.

I think if you want to do it all in one go, you need to buy 28 Valiant crystals for 8400 units. That will get you 56 points, plus the 44 points you're going to get for free in Omega, which gets you to the 100 point milestone. Then you'll get 2700 units from Omega milestones, which will mean you will have spent a net 8400 - 2700 = 5400 units. 8400 up front, 2700 refunded back as milestone rewards.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 818 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

You will need to buy more than that. You will need to get and open all of the Cav crystals from the Delta mission to score those points, and then you'll need to open all the Paragon crystals from the Alpha track that you earn, open all the Valiant crystals you get from Omega milestones, and then on top of that there are some crystals you need to buy using the units you get from the Omega track over and above the 19 crystals you buy with 5700 units to get to the Omega crystal milestone at 100 points.

I think if you want to do it all in one go, you need to buy 28 Valiant crystals for 8400 units. That will get you 56 points, plus the 44 points you're going to get for free in Omega, which gets you to the 100 point milestone. Then you'll get 2700 units from Omega milestones, which will mean you will have spent a net 8400 - 2700 = 5400 units. 8400 up front, 2700 refunded back as milestone rewards.
    Thanks man, makes sense.
  • Options
    Mikes_momMikes_mom Posts: 131
    How many units are required for 2-3 gems?

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,130 ★★★★

can't wait!

PT_99 said:

can't wait!

Most hated player by Kabam 🫠
    Kabam HATES this one trick!

*trick is just grinding arena for years and never spending a single unit*
  • Options
    Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Posts: 123 ★★
    Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong...🤣.
    I bought 28 Valiants, completed Delta missions and opened everything for that.
    As you can see I have 102 points for Alpha and 68 for Omega.

• Options

Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong...🤣.
    I bought 28 Valiants, completed Delta missions and opened everything for that.
    As you can see I have 102 points for Alpha and 68 for Omega.

Did you open the Omega Paragon crystals? They are easy to overlook, because at least for me as a Valiant player they were in a completely different place in the crystal vault. The Cavs and the Valiants were right at the top, but the Omega Paragon crystals were much deeper in the list of crystals. There should have been fourteen of those, which would be 28 points, which would account for most of the gap in Omega.
  • Options
    Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Posts: 123 ★★
    @DNA3000 THANK YOU!!! That was totally it. I felt like I was losing my mind.
  • Options
    Mikes_mom said:

Its a bit tricky, because the 2->3 gem sits at 340 points in the Omega track. But at 300 points there's 10 Valiant crystals, and at 320 points there's 3000 units.

So if you spend 27900 net units, on top of spending all the units you collect from Omega up to that point, and open all the crystals you earn up to that point, you will be sitting at 300 points. Then you get 10 more crystals, and when you open those you will end up at 320 points, and then you'll get 3000 units. If you spend those on crystals and open them you'll get to 340 points. So you can get there with 27900 units of spend out of pocket, plus all the units you collect from Omega (9400 units).

Once you're in that deep, I'm not sure why you wouldn't buy ten more crystals and get to the Omega AG, but YMMV.
  • Options
    Mikes_momMikes_mom Posts: 131
    DNA3000 said:

Mikes_mom said:

Its a bit tricky, because the 2->3 gem sits at 340 points in the Omega track. But at 300 points there's 10 Valiant crystals, and at 320 points there's 3000 units.

So if you spend 27900 net units, on top of spending all the units you collect from Omega up to that point, and open all the crystals you earn up to that point, you will be sitting at 300 points. Then you get 10 more crystals, and when you open those you will end up at 320 points, and then you'll get 3000 units. If you spend those on crystals and open them you'll get to 340 points. So you can get there with 27900 units of spend out of pocket, plus all the units you collect from Omega (9400 units).

Once you're in that deep, I'm not sure why you wouldn't buy ten more crystals and get to the Omega AG, but YMMV.
    Thanks man, highly appreciate it.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    I got 36 as ftp. I thought ftp would get to 40 to get 1200 units?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,536 ★★★★★

No, you need to use the 600 free units to buy 2 more crystals to get to 40 points. So net 600 free units.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,032 ★★★★

No, you need to use the 600 free units to buy 2 more crystals to get to 40 points. So net 600 free units.
    Thanks