**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Units required for Omega event

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,562 ★★★★★
    Last 4th of July and CM unit deals were really underwhelming, at the same time so was the Banquet.. who knows how it will work out this year...
  • Options
    That's like saying stop counting the navigation system in the car as a premium, because you got google maps on your phone...
    You are acting as if using the units is a must, its a choice. They didn't even put an alliance event so there is no pressure or FOMO
    We don't know the content of the crystals yet, also chances are the champs on this crystals won't be available anywhere else for a long time.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

Simple math is
    Save your units from this "scuffed Banquet" event and wait for July-4th broken deals because your mind will SHATTER for your eyes will betray you with first look of unit offers alone.

There’s different kinds of players, not even just spenders and F2P. The whales are going to buy enough offers during J4 to have plenty of units to buy the unit offers in J4. For them that’s a self-contained spending event. And there are heavy arena grinders that have more units than they can spend on just the J4 offers, for whom this event might make sense.

If you are F2P and only have a limited amount of units, you might not have enough units to buy all of the top expensive J4 offers. The optimum strategy for them might be to spend a limited amount of units on Omega, and then a limited amount of units on J4. Or they might decide to skip both, and target all of their units on Cyber weekend.

Which strategy you pursue is probably very personalized to your circumstances.
    I can't see why casual Arena grinders should get into new 7* 300 units crystals, the champs inside them isn't too game changing, let's be honest.
    Let’s take one spending point: 5700 units. That would get you to 100 points on Omega and 134 on Alpha. For that, you’d get (assuming I’ve added everything up properly):

10 T2A
    4 T5B
    4 T6B
    4 T3A
    1 T5CC selector
    1.5 T6CC selectors
    200 T2 Dust
    14 Omega Paragon crystals
    8 Omega Valiant crystals
    25k 6* shards
    7500 7* shards
    1 6* Nexus
    1 7* Omega crystal

That’s on top of the 19 Paragon or Valiant crystals you would be buying with those 5700 units. Now, I’m not saying that the J4 options for 5700 units won’t be better, but that does seem to be decent value for 5700 units.

I don’t know how casual is casual for grinding arena, but there are reasonably easy ways to arena grind for 5700 units. An hour a day grinder could get that in a couple months with a reasonable strong roster. And for an hour a day for a couple months, that’s not a bad haul.
    Stop counting T2A, T5B, T6A and T3A as "rewards" when using units. Valiants now get intense supply of these from daily and Glory, BG shops.

T5CC isn't anything to be happy about when using units, T6CC maybe, T2 dust is always welcome.

So all in all, we came back to the conclusion that you're spending 5000+ units for crystals with "CHANCE" to pull 7*

I'd rather wait for July-4th, keep Arena grind and get 5x better rewards there.
    *We* don’t come back to the same conclusion. *You* come to that conclusion. I’m not telling you what to do with your units. I’m providing information for others to use to make their own decisions. And when I do that, I provide information, not editorialization. I let the players decide what is worth something to them and what isn’t, and trust them to decide what is worth pursuing for them.
    Exactly...
    DNA is providing DATA, to make smart decisions.
    Saying I rather save for 4th of july to get 5x better is pure expectation.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★
    edited April 26
    DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

Simple math is
    Save your units from this "scuffed Banquet" event and wait for July-4th broken deals because your mind will SHATTER for your eyes will betray you with first look of unit offers alone.

There’s different kinds of players, not even just spenders and F2P. The whales are going to buy enough offers during J4 to have plenty of units to buy the unit offers in J4. For them that’s a self-contained spending event. And there are heavy arena grinders that have more units than they can spend on just the J4 offers, for whom this event might make sense.

If you are F2P and only have a limited amount of units, you might not have enough units to buy all of the top expensive J4 offers. The optimum strategy for them might be to spend a limited amount of units on Omega, and then a limited amount of units on J4. Or they might decide to skip both, and target all of their units on Cyber weekend.

I can't see why casual Arena grinders should get into new 7* 300 units crystals, the champs inside them isn't too game changing, let's be honest.
    Let’s take one spending point: 5700 units. That would get you to 100 points on Omega and 134 on Alpha. For that, you’d get (assuming I’ve added everything up properly):

10 T2A
    4 T5B
    4 T6B
    4 T3A
    1 T5CC selector
    1.5 T6CC selectors
    200 T2 Dust
    14 Omega Paragon crystals
    8 Omega Valiant crystals
    25k 6* shards
    7500 7* shards
    1 6* Nexus
    1 7* Omega crystal

That’s on top of the 19 Paragon or Valiant crystals you would be buying with those 5700 units. Now, I’m not saying that the J4 options for 5700 units won’t be better, but that does seem to be decent value for 5700 units.

I don’t know how casual is casual for grinding arena, but there are reasonably easy ways to arena grind for 5700 units. An hour a day grinder could get that in a couple months with a reasonable strong roster. And for an hour a day for a couple months, that’s not a bad haul.
    Stop counting T2A, T5B, T6A and T3A as "rewards" when using units. Valiants now get intense supply of these from daily and Glory, BG shops.

T5CC isn't anything to be happy about when using units, T6CC maybe, T2 dust is always welcome.

So all in all, we came back to the conclusion that you're spending 5000+ units for crystals with "CHANCE" to pull 7*

I'd rather wait for July-4th, keep Arena grind and get 5x better rewards there.
    *We* don’t come back to the same conclusion. *You* come to that conclusion. I’m not telling you what to do with your units. I’m providing information for others to use to make their own decisions. And when I do that, I provide information, not editorialization. I let the players decide what is worth something to them and what isn’t, and trust them to decide what is worth pursuing for them.
    Then it's good thing that you provided all the data and then I took over and provided the ACTUAL data that other players should see to make up their own decision. It works 💯
  • Options
    This got way derailed to the purpose..
    Its also funny f2p players think that this deals are made for people farming units. They are not, they are made to make you spend units you just bought.
    Is it coincidental that this event is happening right after the DP sales? Sorry to tell the bad news but sales are not tailored for F2P players, not even unit deals.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,757 ★★★
    BRUH ALL DAY ME AND MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN READING THIS THREAD CONFUSED AF HOW MANY POINTS DO WE NEED pls someone be clear
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★
    edited April 26

Its also funny f2p players think that this deals are made for people farming units. They are not, they are made to make you spend units you just bought.
    Is it coincidental that this event is happening right after the DP sales? Sorry to tell the bad news but sales are not tailored for F2P players, not even unit deals.

And that's the reason why I'm trying to convince f2p to just wait it out and save for July-4th 😅
    Because these deals are best enjoyed on YouTube when giga whales opens crystals after crystals.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,034 Guardian

There’s no question in my mind that this event is there to provide the whales an opportunity to spend all those units they are about to buy from spring cleaning. However, while it might have been created for that purpose, that doesn’t mean it was designed for *only* those people. It was clearly structured to try to provide some opportunities for a wide range of players, and I would bet real money against any player who thought that only the whales would be participating. Obviously, there’s a substantial amount of stuff that completely free players who don’t even spend any of their units can get, and there are opportunities to spend more reasonable amounts of units to achieve intermediate rewards by design.

The question is whether players can accept the limits of what they can get, or if they spend more of their time envying what others can get that they are unwilling to spend on. If you can take what you can get and be happy, the event can be for any level of spender or player. If you can’t, well this whole game in general can be a miserable experience.
  • Options
    edited April 26

BRUH ALL DAY ME AND MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN READING THIS THREAD CONFUSED AF HOW MANY POINTS DO WE NEED pls someone be clear

For the 7 star for paragons. Everyone is getting diff numbers
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

There’s no question in my mind that this event is there to provide the whales an opportunity to spend all those units they are about to buy from spring cleaning. However, while it might have been created for that purpose, that doesn’t mean it was designed for *only* those people. It was clearly structured to try to provide some opportunities for a wide range of players, and I would bet real money against any player who thought that only the whales would be participating. Obviously, there’s a substantial amount of stuff that completely free players who don’t even spend any of their units can get, and there are opportunities to spend more reasonable amounts of units to achieve intermediate rewards by design.

The question is whether players can accept the limits of what they can get, or if they spend more of their time envying what others can get that they are unwilling to spend on. If you can take what you can get and be happy, the event can be for any level of spender or player. If you can’t, well this whole game in general can be a miserable experience.
    This is MCoC, players don't accept any deals. It all starts from the progression based sales envy, and it goes up from there.
    This is not math, but seeing the range of the Omega event, you can actually predict how much it is expected to spend on this DP event as well. Based on that I would bet that the next 4th of july deal prices will be a bit more expensive too.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 674 ★★★
    A week in arena (for units) and a few hours arena grinding with those 6 champs (For crystal points), will get you good rewards…its worth it.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

Simple math is

Or your favorite champ is molegod and who knows when he will be available again as a 7*.
  • Options
    edited April 26

There are four guaranteed 7* crystals in the event: one 7* Omega crystal in the Alpha track, two 7* Omega crystals in the Omega track, and one 7* Omega selector crystal in the Omega track. The first one available (for players who can score points in the Omega track by buying Paragon or Valiant Omega crystals) takes 100 points in the Omega track, which is theoretically achievable by spending 5700 units net (5700 of your own units, plus additional units you would be earning in the Omega milestones) on 19 Paragon or Valiant crystals.

That, plus all of the Cav Omega crystals you can earn in the Delta mission, plus opening all the Omega crystals from milestones in both Alpha and Omega tracks, plus spending all units you get from milestone rewards on Paragon/Valiant Omega crystals (and opening them), will get you to a 7* Omega crystal.

To get the rest will take a lot more units. ~13k to get the 7* Omega crystal in the Alpha milestones. 17.4k units to get the second one from the Omega milestones. And 36.9k units to get the 7* Omega selector in the top milestone from the Omega track.

So, if you’re interested in the 7* crystals specifically:

5700 units for the first 7* Omega crystal
    13,800 (theoretically as low as 12450) for the second 7* Omega crystal
    17,400 units for the third 7* Omega crystal
    36,900 units for the 7* Omega selector
  • Options
    FunkFunk Posts: 23
    What event is this?
  • Options
  • Options
    FunkFunk Posts: 23
    DNA3000 said:

Thanks pal
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

There are four guaranteed 7* crystals in the event: one 7* Omega crystal in the Alpha track, two 7* Omega crystals in the Omega track, and one 7* Omega selector crystal in the Omega track. The first one available (for players who can score points in the Omega track by buying Paragon or Valiant Omega crystals) takes 100 points in the Omega track, which is theoretically achievable by spending 5700 units net (5700 of your own units, plus additional units you would be earning in the Omega milestones) on 19 Paragon or Valiant crystals.

That, plus all of the Cav Omega crystals you can earn in the Delta mission, plus opening all the Omega crystals from milestones in both Alpha and Omega tracks, plus spending all units you get from milestone rewards on Paragon/Valiant Omega crystals (and opening them), will get you to a 7* Omega crystal.

To get the rest will take a lot more units. ~13k to get the 7* Omega crystal in the Alpha milestones. 17.4k units to get the second one from the Omega milestones. And 36.9k units to get the 7* Omega selector in the top milestone from the Omega track.

Any way to get 5700 before event ends considering I have school and I'm f2p
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Any way to get 5700 before event ends considering I have school and I'm f2p
    Short of buying them that would be a tall order in two and a half weeks.
  • Options
    PSA: Maybe wait a day for the web store to settle down if your intent is to buy from there. Right now the Xsolla site is all kinds of funky, it is randomly not letting people log in (it took me over a dozen tries to get in) and it is glitching often and not showing the right Deadpool bundles. It also malfunctioned for me in a very annoying way that I’m going to have to try to fix through support (it sold me the wrong thing). Apparently there’s more than a couple players lining up to buy stuff specifically there (you do get more units, so if you have access to that store, it makes sense to buy from there - once the store settles down).
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,383 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

DNA3000 said:

PT_99 said:

Simple math is

And July-4th not only will give new champs but also rank up materials.
    Perhaps even Titan nexus? Who knows, last year Kabam surprised everyone from offers, this year 7* sigs and awaken is clearly.
    But biggest question is will Kabam be brave enough to give slight 7r4 materials? Not enough to form a new r4 but enough to tempt whales.
    By that token, 7* R3s aren't game changing, T4As aren't game changing, playing the game isn't game changing,....since a 7* is the highest Rarity you can get.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    Damn I really wanted an omega 7* crystal but I'm not an arena grinder and I'm not looking to halve my current 10k saved units that I saved up over the course of the last 6 months.

I had hope with the free crystals we got but it seems this event is really unit heavy.
  • Options
    P4LP4L Posts: 5
    Fryday said:

So here is a question, is:-

5000 Titan shards
    3 Omega Valiant crystals
    200 T2 Primordial Dust

worth 3000 units?

Of course no one would have a full answer right now as we don't know what sre Valiant crystals 🤣🤣🤣

F**k NO