Kabam!? Why this Arena must continue as it is?

Comments

• startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    just made a post but it needs mod approval. maybe a harmless word was flagged or something.

PT_99 said:

This silk guy might be the worst defender I've met, no logic, only.

"Want gold? Go here instead,
    Want shards? Go here instead,
    Want resources? Go here instead, stop asking for ancient ignored game mode to be upgraded to today's standards !!!!"

For the last time, NO ONE is asking for T3alpha and T6b in Arena, stop making things out of random to argue for no reason.
    Just a overhaul of Sunday Arena into units gold will be cool, might as well throw 2-3 revives there.

Big yikes.

things HAVE been upgraded to today's standards. it's called the battlegrounds store, incursions, the glory store, and trader's outpost.

"why can't ford make the model T anymore??!! this is outrageous!"
    I’m impressed by your ability to not answer any question straight.

I never said they should add t3 alpha. It’s completely reasonable to get an update when they aren’t worth it to anyone! Maybe some gold and units would be great, that won’t break the game like you said.

Just because other modes have gotten upgrades doesn’t mean arena shouldn’t? That logic makes literally no sense. Should the glory store never get an update because the bg store has everything in it. No need for its rank up resources. At this point I don’t know if me and OP are writing in the same language.
    if you want to do more work for the exact same rewards, by all means ask them to spread stuff around.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,962 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

Want resources? Go here instead, stop asking for ancient ignored game mode to be upgraded to today's standards !!!!"

For the last time, NO ONE is asking for T3alpha and T6b in Arena, stop making things out of random to argue for no reason.
    Just a overhaul of Sunday Arena into units gold will be cool, might as well throw 2-3 revives there.

Big yikes.

things HAVE been upgraded to today's standards. it's called the battlegrounds store, incursions, the glory store, and trader's outpost.

I never said they should add t3 alpha. It’s completely reasonable to get an update when they aren’t worth it to anyone! Maybe some gold and units would be great, that won’t break the game like you said.

Just because other modes have gotten upgrades doesn’t mean arena shouldn’t? That logic makes literally no sense. Should the glory store never get an update because the bg store has everything in it. No need for its rank up resources. At this point I don’t know if me and OP are writing in the same language.
    if you want to do more work for the exact same rewards, by all means ask them to spread stuff around.
    What is your point exactly? That you don't want these arenas, which, mind you, are clearly useless and are of no use to anyone higher than Contender, to be improved. That you would rather let it stay this way instead of having some form of an improvement? These arenas clearly need some form of a buff, and will slowly fade into obscurity if they continue on like this.

PT_99 said:

Big yikes.

What is your point exactly? That you don't want these arenas, which, mind you, are clearly useless and are of no use to anyone higher than Contender, to be improved. That you would rather let it stay this way instead of having some form of an improvement? These arenas clearly need some form of a buff, and will slowly fade into obscurity if they continue on like this.

there's a fixed resource budget

they haven't buffed them for a reason and asking for "more stuff" in that area literally won't give us any net benefit and we'll be wasting more time in the game.

"GIVE US MORE STUFF!"

kabam: "ok, but you'll be wasting more time for nothing."
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,134 ★★★★★
    edited May 21
    For the first time I'm asking Kabam to close a thread, it's simply impossible here, getting same replies but in different tone is far from a discussion.

SUNDAY.ARENA.BUFF.WILL.NOT.HARM.KABAM, my dear.
    kabam: climb this big mountain and i'll give you a $100

players: no, i want to two climb TWO big mountains for $50 each!

this thread in a nutshell.

Relax, we only asked for Sunday Arena buff, which is core part of game, you're making it like players wants Necro rewards in Sunday Arena, big yikes.
    Not asking for r3 materials either, nor r2, get this self imaginary thing out of the mind.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 816 ★★★
    Kabam servers will shut down before this game mode gets touched, it's a bummer but it is what it is.

My guess is if none of the Kabam staff have even replied to this repeated topic, then it's not even on the long term roadmap and that's years.
    PT_99 said:

Relax, we only asked for Sunday Arena buff, which is core part of game, you're making it like players wants Necro rewards in Sunday Arena, big yikes.
    Not asking for r3 materials either, nor r2, get this self imaginary thing out of the mind.
    why do you think they haven't buffed catalyst and the sunday arenas in like 6 years?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,254 ★★★★★
    me reading startropics posts

• CotziCotzi Member Posts: 130
    PT_99 said:

It's honestly baffling at this point, just I don't see how or what is going on but this is just not right man, give us a single good reason that this Arena serves any purpose, one, that's right one.
    You can't just say, "hehe Sunday Arena means breaktime" because many players only have a sunday as off day for relaxing and doing some Arena here and there.

But even if no one is doing Sunday Arena but there still should be efforts to bring this mode to today's standards? Perhaps 1000 7* shards at last milestones only? Not a big reward honestly and can go a long way with units attached in every milestone.

Because at it's current stage, it's just bad.

These are actually very useful....... if you're a new player and even then; 5* and 6* are handed out like candy for new players now in this state of the game so this arena does not even benefit new players in any way, shape or form. Shows how terrible it is.

me reading startropics posts

why haven't they buffed these arenas in 6+ years?

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,538 ★★★★★
    I made my peace with obsolete arenas, enjoy my sundays actually...
    The only explanation I can find is.. as much as not all everest content is for everyone, some lower content is not for the highest progressions.
    Its more on the matter of adding arenas not updating and who knows maybe thats an issue for them.
    reason gets thrown out the window in these types of threads and we can never get an upfront conversation from the players asking for things.

"I WANT THIS"

ok, but there's a lot more of it...*points in that direction*..over there.

"NO, NOT THERE! HERE!"

yeah but you get a lot more rewards there. why wouldn't you do it?

"TAKES EFFORT AND READING. I DON'T WANT TO THINK, JUST GIVE ME STUFF".

have you thought about any downstream effects? like losing rewards from somewhere else, and also have to spend more time on the game doing multiple things instead of just one?

"NO. THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED THIS ARENA IN 6 YEARS!"

have you thought about why that is?

"SOMETHING SOMETHING SLAP TO THE FACE, THONEBREAKERS, I'M F2P, EVERYONE GETS A DOOM OR NOBODY DOES, THE GAME IS GOING TO DIE, WHY WAS I BANNED FOR MODDING?
    edited May 21
    Matty_Ice said:

reason gets thrown out the window in these types of threads and we can never get an upfront conversation from the players asking for things.

"I WANT THIS"

"NO, NOT THERE! HERE!"

have you thought about any downstream effects? like losing rewards from somewhere else, and also have to spend more time on the game doing multiple things instead of just one?

"SOMETHING SOMETHING SLAP TO THE FACE, THONEBREAKERS, I'M F2P, EVERYONE GETS A DOOM OR NOBODY DOES, THE GAME IS GOING TO DIE, WHY WAS I BANNED FOR MODDING?

Yup…. This thread is no longer productive. Have a nice day.
    solo stuff like sunday arenas doesn't extract commitment form players the way other modes and stores do. the battlegrounds store, the glory store, trader's outpost, and incursions has sources for gold and most of these are alliance focused.

getting players to join teams and or invest in the game more > solo sunday arenas

we keep saying this but nobody listens.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    PT_99 said:

SUNDAY.ARENA.BUFF.WILL.NOT.HARM.KABAM, my dear.

It won’t, and it probably should happen at some point, but many of the issues others have brought up are also true: rewards are budgeted economically, there are difficulty and reward balance issues to consider, etc. None of these things should be construed as proving the arenas shouldb’t be updated, but they do make it a more complex affair. Sure, Kabam could skip all the work to consider those issues and just add a “small buff” to those arenas, but that’s not really practical or even a good idea. Doing tiny infinitesimal buffs doesn’t really benefit anyone. It would not reduce the complaints about the mode, and it would not benefit the players doing those arenas appreciably. It would be, in that sense, wasted effort.

Just for giggles I decided to max out the milestones for all three Sunday arenas, just to see where I placed. I ended up in 1805 in Trove, 1023 in Cornucopia, and 1411 in Splash. Those are not big numbers, but they are not tiny numbers either. There are players who are grinding those arenas. Who knows what they look like collectively. Some might be hard core arena grinders that just want to keep grinding to earn battle chips and don’t even care about the milestones. But some might be lower progress players using low rosters to get at least some rewards. Even if the ranked rewards are eh (although the 5* shards in trove might be worth something to a very new player) we still have to consider that increasing the rewards substantially almost certainly will come with opening those arenas to higher rarity champs. And when you open an arena to higher rarity champs, those champs start showing up as the competition for everyone else. You could make it harder for some players to get the milestone rewards from those arenas.

That would be a thing the devs would have to consider before updating those arenas, which makes any update of any significance that people would notice more complicated, and thus more time consuming, than it might seem on the surface. And because it can’t just be done with in a few minutes, it becomes something that has to be scheduled and resources allocated to it. And at the moment, I believe the arena is something the devs feel is rewarding enough in general, even if the Sunday arena is a small glitch in that particular matrix.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

Matty_Ice said:

"I WANT THIS"

"NO, NOT THERE! HERE!"

Yup…. This thread is no longer productive. Have a nice day.
    solo stuff like sunday arenas doesn't extract commitment form players the way other modes and stores do. the battlegrounds store, the glory store, trader's outpost, and incursions has sources for gold and most of these are alliance focused.

getting players to join teams and or invest in the game more > solo sunday arenas

we keep saying this but nobody listens.
    Nobody is asking for Sunday arena to become “game breaking.”

We keep saying this, but you won’t listen.

Honestly, it's time to overhaul All arenas, we still on T4B and T1A arenas lol

again....for the 50th time.........why ask for more homework when you can just simply be in an alliance?

an "overhaul" of t4b, t1a, and t4c arena means YOU will HAVE TO do 100+ rounds of arena each week FOR THE SAME REWARDS THAT YOU ALREADY GET BY USING THE BGs STORE, GLORY STORE, and TRADER'S OUTPOST.

I made my peace with obsolete arenas, enjoy my sundays actually...
    The only explanation I can find is.. as much as not all everest content is for everyone, some lower content is not for the highest progressions.
    Its more on the matter of adding arenas not updating and who knows maybe thats an issue for them.

There's a reason why the last major arena refactor reduced the number of arenas from four to three, even though that created many problems with reward balancing that took weeks (maybe months) of discussion to resolve.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 640 ★★★

Honestly, it's time to overhaul All arenas, we still on T4B and T1A arenas lol

again....for the 50th time.........why ask for more homework when you can just simply be in an alliance?

an "overhaul" of t4b, t1a, and t4c arena means YOU will HAVE TO do 100+ rounds of arena each week FOR THE SAME REWARDS THAT YOU ALREADY GET BY USING THE BGs STORE, GLORY STORE, and TRADER'S OUTPOST.

Bruh, for that reason that arenas need adjust, are the same since game year 3, more than 5 years with same system, some people(Like me) Love to grind arenas for units, in Alliance you can't grind units so...

PT_99 said:

why do you think they haven't buffed catalyst and the sunday arenas in like 6 years?

"I WANT THIS"

"NO, NOT THERE! HERE!"

People like you are the very sole and core reason why threads gets closed,
    We only ask for Sunday arena to be brought to today's standards but you're throwing tantrums for no reason, I hope you're alright.
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

"I WANT THIS"

"NO, NOT THERE! HERE!"

We only ask for Sunday arena to be brought to today's standards but you're throwing tantrums for no reason, I hope you're alright.
    the title of your thread starts off almost shouting kabam, and it's a similar pattern with the rest of your threads...

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

"I WANT THIS"

"NO, NOT THERE! HERE!"

I think this guys loosing his mind. He’s screaming fake scenarios to himself 😂.

According to this guy Kabam shouldn’t update any stores but the bg one since they are all useless. Might aswell just grind bgs, no point in grinding other modes for the same rewards. Does anyone see how dumb this argument is?
    still figuring out why they haven't buffed these arenas in 6+ years?
    edited May 22

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

"I WANT THIS"

"NO, NOT THERE! HERE!"

the title of your thread starts off almost shouting kabam, and it's a similar pattern with the rest of your threads...

People when having nothing to contribute to discussion so they click on profile and find something different 😝😱🤯🤯
    Your profile is private bro, settle down.

Bruh, for that reason that arenas need adjust, are the same since game year 3, more than 5 years with same system, some people(Like me) Love to grind arenas for units, in Alliance you can't grind units so...

The one thing you are unlikely to get more of in the arenas, Sunday or otherwise, is more units.

There are specific reasons why the rewards in arena tend to lack things like rank up resources. The one thing Kabam is never going to do is make the arena the one stop shop for all resources.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 434 ★★★
    Why are you scrubs so strapped for gold? You’ve told us you hate incursions, so fine. What game modes do you regularly play aside from the beloved Sunday arena?