**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Bad matchmaking in battlegrounds

12346»

Comments

• Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 955 ★★★
    I’ve seen some really good suggestions from the community. They don’t even have to come up with their own unique ideas.
    Just take one of the good ones.
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 288 ★★★
    Learn to swim.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,637 ★★★★★
    I haven't seen a single suggestion about improving BGs for end game players...
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

I'll be honest, I don't like BG's.

It's not that I find anything wrong with it, I actually think it's an extremely well-designed mode (given what the devs had to work with.) I don't know that I'd even change anything... But I'm a casual PvE player by nature, and that's why you won't catch me complaining about competitive modes in general.

If anything, it seems like players get access to the mode too early. The difficulty scaling across this game is... weird for a newer player... and some stuff could use a few more warning signs that they're in for a hard time.

As to improving things for endgame players... Beats me, man.

They spent so much time on matchmaking and making some people happy...
    Lets put it this way.. after you get to GC, there is almost no incemtice.to keep on playing.
    Oh yay we might get some relic mats (new relics have been discontinued for a long time) and a few more shards along with bragging rights maybe?...
    20 seasons and we are still talking about matchmaking for lower progression.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,451 ★★★★★

* Simultaneous drafting
    * Less matches in VC
    * Reduce the roster gap advantage a tad. Maybe like bonus to 4-6 stars champs to get them closer (not better, just not as far away)
  • Options

* Simultaneous drafting
    * Less matches in VC
    * Reduce the roster gap advantage a tad. Maybe like bonus to 4-6 stars champs to get them closer (not better, just not as far away)
    ... Roster gap? How is that a suggestion for end game players?.. What endgame player has 4*s in his deck...
  • Options

* Simultaneous drafting
    * Less matches in VC
    ... Roster gap? How is that a suggestion for end game players?.. What endgame player has 4*s in his deck...
    Constant forfeits are not fun. Less, more meaningful matches.
  • Options

* Simultaneous drafting
    * Less matches in VC
    So your suggestion as an improvement for end game players is buffing up lower star champions for other people...

Like i said not a single suggestion to improve the game mode for end game.players...
  • Options
    edited July 6

Lets put it this way... after you get to GC, there is almost no incentive to keep on playing.

I'm honestly surprised that champion skins haven't become a thing yet. I'm not saying that it's the solution, but it would at least be some semblance of a justification for ranking high on the ladder.

As far as cosmetics go, titles and pfp's just aren't very motivating... but I could see a lot of previously-disinterested people going hard in Arena/AW/BG's if the top players got a unique skin for certain champs.
  • Options

* Simultaneous drafting
    * Less matches in VC
    So your suggestion as an improvement for end game players is buffing up lower star champions for other people...

Like i said not a single suggestion to improve the game mode for end game.players...
    Oh, I thought when you send "improve the game mode" it was about making it more fun to play. Getting wins via forfeits ain't a ton of fun.
  • Options

* Simultaneous drafting
    * Less matches in VC

Oh, I thought when you send "improve the game mode" it was about making it more fun to play. Getting wins via forfeits ain't a ton of fun.
    FOR END GAME PLAYERS.
  • Options
    Shadowking79Shadowking79 Posts: 93
    OldManHop said:

I'll be honest, I don't like BG's.

It's not that I find anything wrong with it, I actually think it's an extremely well-designed mode (given what the devs had to work with.) I don't know that I'd even change anything... But I'm a casual PvE player by nature, and that's why you won't catch me complaining about competitive modes in general.

If anything, it seems like players get access to the mode too early. The difficulty scaling across this game is... weird for a newer player... and some stuff could use a few more warning signs that they're in for a hard time.

As to improving things for endgame players... Beats me, man.

You're just like me before I played battlegrounds
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 116

Rewards based on time it takes to clear the VT. Give players an incentive to push early in the season. Throw in T4A fragments and drop the quantity every week that passes.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 688 ★★★
    Unless you have a deck of mainly R5s and 7R2+, BG is not a nice place.
    I've been there, with 6 R5s and the rest R4s or 7R1s...it was never fun losing fights I knew I would win if we had the same strength of attackers and defenders.

Now I have 28 R5s, 3 R3s and 7 R2s, a small luxury problem...8 champs that don't make it into my deck...the agony of choice...but you have to do the work, explore act 8, necro, grind arena for units and go crazy in events …otherwise you won't get there.

So simple, yet so incredibly difficult for some to understand.
  • Options

I mean, I'm still playing, but only really for magnetron crystals.
    I understand the mode, I'm less-than-terrible at it, and I'm willing to play it if the rewards are tantalizing enough... I just don't have very much fun in PvP modes.

If I put my nose to the grindstone, I can get to GC... I just don't care enough.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78 said:

Unless you have a deck of mainly R5s and 7R2+, BG is not a nice place.
    I've been there, with 6 R5s and the rest R4s or 7R1s...it was never fun losing fights I knew I would win if we had the same strength of attackers and defenders.

Now I have 28 R5s, 3 R3s and 7 R2s, a small luxury problem...8 champs that don't make it into my deck...the agony of choice...but you have to do the work, explore act 8, necro, grind arena for units and go crazy in events …otherwise you won't get there.

So simple, yet so incredibly difficult for some to understand.

I mean I don't care if I lose to a opponent that is op I only get mad when I lose to an that I could've won but I bottled it
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

I mean, I'm still playing, but only really for magnetron crystals.
    I understand the mode, I'm less-than-terrible at it, and I'm willing to play it if the rewards are tantalizing enough... I just don't have very much fun in PvP modes.

If I put my nose to the grindstone, I can get to GC... I just don't care enough.
    OK 👍
  • Options
    edited July 8
    So close

Fun fact:I've got more 7star champion than kabam dork
  • Options
    Here's proof

• Options
    Iets good dude this is a w