What’s happening with AI?

Comments

• TeiTei Member Posts: 56

Ok firstly I thought because both me and my iphone are getting older but after watching Beroman stream for half hour, I realize that even the best BG player now getting punish frequently either by
    _ AI backdraft intercept professionally like Dorky Dave video’s tutorial
    _ AI wait for your dash in to light intercept
    _ AI skipping frame rate during their heavy attack or special
    _ AI holding special until power sting debuff on them gone
    _ AI parry and whiff crazily

I may miss something. Well…

Ok firstly I thought because both me and my iphone are getting older but after watching Beroman stream for half hour, I realize that even the best BG player now getting punish frequently either by
    _ AI backdraft intercept professionally like Dorky Dave video’s tutorial
    _ AI wait for your dash in to light intercept
    _ AI skipping frame rate during their heavy attack or special
    _ AI holding special until power sting debuff on them gone
    _ AI parry and whiff crazily

I may miss something. Well…

When the defender is under rage or mockery debuff? The defender simply walk or not fire specials
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 326 ★★★

I was wondering what happened, I got light intercepted in AQ twice and special intercepted in the same fight on REACTION.

That’s not new now
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 394 ★★
    I think kabam is trying to improve that Ai behaviour but it's in the mid stage where it's broken .some way it's behaving weird than before 😵‍💫😵‍💫 that's frustrating.
    Hieitaku said:

Animation lag/skipped frame (not really sure which) at the very start, really screwed the fight for me

Your typical stingy ai

Working as intended I suppose lol
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 940 ★★★★
    JAYIRI said:

Not really the AI's fault here but I'd like to point out how kabam has started giving defenders little to no recovery times in their heavy/special attacks. We've seen onslaught who you cannot even dash into without getting clipped. SHOCKER has no recovery time on his special 1. Bullseye has very little room for recovery in his heavy and specials. And just RECENTLY fought the leader and noticed the same thing. Ate 2 specials to the face while trying to heavy punish him with cheeilth TWICE IN A ROW because he doesn't have any recovery time. This is crazy, why has kabam chose to make it harder than it already is to face these champions.
    You can barely heavy punish these new champs because immediately they throw their heavy attacks they're already out of the animation and can move freely. Eg dust. Past champs always barely ever had these problems. Look at doctor doom and nimrod(sp1 and heavy) for example both are pretty safe to rush in after special attacks. Best believe if these champs were released today you will 100% be eating a light combo to the face after every special attack if you tried to dash in. These champions are already hard stop making them more complicated

Shocker’s animations and recovery is off the roof. Even his regular combo. I know for a fact his first Light attack has an insane reach such that it doesn’t even make contact but you get hit. In auntmai it’s considered contact and physical. I made a post about this, it’s just weird.

Just gave 2 kills to AW boss due to constant re-parries by AI. Can't even hit block or punish heavy. :neutral:

I would not do that in AW regarding about the AI now
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,678 ★★★★★
    Hieitaku said:

Animation lag/skipped frame (not really sure which) at the very start, really screwed the fight for me

Your typical stingy ai

How did you get to upload these?
    CoMinow said:

The ai doesn’t seem to respond your (champions) actions at all. They skipped that step. The Ai seems to respond directly to your input which is as close as a game company can get to cheating IMO.
    You throw special they throw instead. Sometimes you stand there twitching
    (repeatedly blocking) until the Ai can through there’s instead.
    The best bs move is the strikers that your forced to use (because of nodes) getting parried. At least you used to be able to block knowing the Ai would try to punish you. NOW your champion lunges forward into the Ai attack.
    The game is wrecked or rigged!
    Either way they refuse to care and everytime you lose a fight and revive they’re getting rewarded for their own broken (or rigged) mechanics. Especially on super tuned content.

Why should they care. All of these complaints are without action because people keep spending to revive and heal to overcome horrible flaws in the game

This is what I seriously concern as well. We don’t know what are they doing behind the scene.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Member Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

Hieitaku said:

Your typical stingy ai

How did you get to upload these?
    Convert recording to gif, post as gif.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    _ODY_ said:

This happened to me in battlegrounds: initiated the striker from a distance and ai just placed my champion right in front of defender to do a 5 hit combo.

Maybe parry first, then use the striker, does that work?
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,547 ★★★★★
    edited July 29
    Brooooo....😭😭

I lost a bg match where the defender in 3rd round was sunspot. I had to do nothing but enjoy the fight with my hulkling. Guess what, i landed 2 hits in his block, and he parried my hulkling on the 2nd hit, bruh i lost the match
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Cdjcdkj said:

Can we just revert the ai to a 2019 build

At least until whatever 'fix' they're implementing behind the scenes is ready.