Superior Iron Man Buff

Comments

• Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 388 ★★★
    So SIM’s buffs are “superior” because of the increased ability accuracy? Anti-Domino, anti-neutralize?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,141 ★★★★★

So SIM’s buffs are “superior” because of the increased ability accuracy? Anti-Domino, anti-neutralize?

Yes but against domino, since he isn’t tech, he can get unlucky. Also Dex can be failed by either the neutralize or AAR
    benshb said:

I agree, the buff is pretty solid, fun gameplay, big numbers, cool utility...
    However....
    Seeing how the recent AI works, I'd say an infuriate debuffy should have been considered, especially how his whole gameplay relies on intercepts.

Abs Man doesn’t have infuriate, yet he relies on intercepts. Besides you don’t need to intercept with SIM to get the most out of him
    Tedders said:

Overall I like the buff, but he's no longer playable with suicides The 75 percent willpower nerf is a bit too much with the regen being as small at it is.. I'm unclear why the willpower nerf is in his kit Gor's willpower nerf fits the theme of the character SIM's does not

I’m not sure if there’s a way to fix this
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,046 ★★★★
    Tedders said:

Overall I like the buff, but he's no longer playable with suicides The 75 percent willpower nerf is a bit too much with the regen being as small at it is.. I'm unclear why the willpower nerf is in his kit Gor's willpower nerf fits the theme of the character SIM's does not

I believe it's best to not use suicides for this guy unless maybe he's sig 200
    Has anyone used Superior Iron Man in BGs yet?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,353 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Has anyone used Superior Iron Man in BGs yet?

Keep an eye out on trappy’s channel. He has a vid dropping tomorrow
    ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

Is he a top 10 cosmic now?

Hmmm. That is an interesting question. There are some Mystics that will absolutely annihilate that kit.

The healing is…present. It’s not nothing, but it’s definitely not something that you can count on to save you.

Top 10…Top 10…CGR/Hulkling/Hercules…Knull and Serpent…Hyperion…

Yeah, he’s in there. Top 10
    Actually the sig increases the healing by a lot, and it’s more powerful below 60% health
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 423 ★★
    Wolf911 said:

I did 1 or 2 fights and the damage is nuts

6* rank 1 only

Mother whaa---- 114k from a 6r1???? CGR, you've got competition.
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 423 ★★

Don't you guys hyped for patriot a month ago? What changed y'all suddenly? Why now everyone's callin him a dud?

Cuz apart from being a photon counter, the damage is nonsensical against non-Science champs. Now Red Guardian, that's the damage that is worth BGs
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,056 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

Is he a top 10 cosmic now?

Hmmm. That is an interesting question. There are some Mystics that will absolutely annihilate that kit.

The healing is…present. It’s not nothing, but it’s definitely not something that you can count on to save you.

Top 10…Top 10…CGR/Hulkling/Hercules…Knull and Serpent…Hyperion…

Yeah, he’s in there. Top 10
    He is 1/5 on defense, basically mystic food
    He doesn't gain buffs as a defender unless he attacks you, he's not gonna be that exploitable by mystics
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,693 ★★★★★
    My biggest thing is with a couple buffs he is essentially immune to incinerate shock and bleed which is nice utility
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 311 ★★★
    edited August 7

I think everyone knew this but don’t use him with cides that willpower reduction hurts badly lmao

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-superior-iron-man/
    Great showcase here. Definitely r5 and ascending mine but the 7* crit stay focus seems especially great to have for him

https://youtu.be/Y_JjACO5188?si=a-THmxzdgCWnthlz
    ESF said:

Also, I want to say/post this, as well, because I know sometimes people lose their minds over the newest shiny thing and say that it’s OP when it’s actually not:

1. You still have to play the kit and actually “do stuff” to unlock the big numbers — you gotta understand what you’re trying to do and what the kit tells you to do
    2. There are other kits in this game that also do this kind of catastrophic damage and for some reason, they have been forgotten, and I am posting Exhibit 1: 6R3 Namor against Black Bolt in the next fight after RoL Wolverine

Here’s the truth that is gonna blow some people’s minds: Getting Namor to 30 Outrages and dropping the L3/L2 hammer…feels the same. Check out the time, Largest Hit. You get the same kind of catastrophic damage with Namor. I use a 6R4 Overseer a lot. I have literally been left with my mouth open after seeing what that kit does with 6 Cosmic Charges.

SIM is clearly in a 5/5 Damage position. No doubt.

But there are other kits in this games that are right there with it, and some, depending on what you’re doing, have even easier access to the DPS. Overseer vs. characters with Power Gain, for example…YIKES

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Just saw a 5* SIM gameplay from saitama and not to be negative but how is he outdamaging every champ released this year LMAO at just a 5*
    So kabam can still make great attackers? That's good to know and does give me hope

He has virtually no utility beyond damage, whereas most champs this year have a lot on top of their damage
    benshb said:

However....
    Seeing how the recent AI works, I'd say an infuriate debuffy should have been considered, especially how his whole gameplay relies on intercepts.

Dll addressed this in a stream recently, they aren't just going to give infuriate to every champ that requires intercepting because the plan is to deal with the AI so they don't need it. Bill is the exception because the intercepting is such an important part of his damage loop and they wanted it to be stable before and after any ai fixes

ESF said:

Also, I want to say/post this, as well, because I know sometimes people lose their minds over the newest shiny thing and say that it’s OP when it’s actually not:

1. You still have to play the kit and actually “do stuff” to unlock the big numbers — you gotta understand what you’re trying to do and what the kit tells you to do
    2. There are other kits in this game that also do this kind of catastrophic damage and for some reason, they have been forgotten, and I am posting Exhibit 1: 6R3 Namor against Black Bolt in the next fight after RoL Wolverine

Here’s the truth that is gonna blow some people’s minds: Getting Namor to 30 Outrages and dropping the L3/L2 hammer…feels the same. Check out the time, Largest Hit. You get the same kind of catastrophic damage with Namor. I use a 6R4 Overseer a lot. I have literally been left with my mouth open after seeing what that kit does with 6 Cosmic Charges.

But there are other kits in this games that are right there with it, and some, depending on what you’re doing, have even easier access to the DPS. Overseer vs. characters with Power Gain, for example…YIKES

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Just saw a 5* SIM gameplay from saitama and not to be negative but how is he outdamaging every champ released this year LMAO at just a 5*
    So kabam can still make great attackers? That's good to know and does give me hope

He has virtually no utility beyond damage, whereas most champs this year have a lot on top of their damage
    He has a very reliable auto block that can save you, good resistances to most debuffs, and a way to parry non-contacts. His energy res buffs also help him in certain matchups and his regen keeps too decently topped off. He’s not a utility king but he hits harder than 99% of releases this year and no one bothers to use champs from 2024 that have good utility but subpar damage for bg

EdisonLaw said:

He is great and really run to use. However it’s a huge bummer that he is terrible with suicides which I run all the time…Kabam why mess with willpower mastery !

It’s because of the regeneration buffs he has they had to lower willpower
    I understand that but the regen buffs aren’t that potent. He is still useful with suicides on but maybe for 2 fights.

TBH we got beta ray bill coming so SIM will go on the bench and be forgotten when he is released.

You can run coagulate and the bleed damage would be non existent
    edited August 7
    Emilia90 said:

Great showcase here. Definitely r5 and ascending mine but the 7* crit stay focus seems especially great to have for him

I personally wouldn’t ascend champs that are coming or already 7*s (unless they need sig 200)
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Azdef said:

After all the discussion and getting hyped to rank him up, realised i don't have him as a 6*....

Same, I was going to test him until I realized I didn't have him either
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I personally wouldn’t ascend champs that are coming or already 7*s (unless they need sig 200)
    Fair enough but there’s no guarantee you get him from the Titan. I’d rank him anyway cause I’m using the saga gem and ascension dust isn’t too hard to come by

benshb said:

However....

Dll addressed this in a stream recently, they aren't just going to give infuriate to every champ that requires intercepting because the plan is to deal with the AI so they don't need it. Bill is the exception because the intercepting is such an important part of his damage loop and they wanted it to be stable before and after any ai fixes
    However did Kabam say they are looking into the recent AI issues?
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    edited August 7

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

I just started being active on the forums so I don't know if I can quote more than one comment at a time so here's this.
    Going back to what @EdisonLaw said about the number of top defenders he can take (onslaught red skull etc). I would say those speak for itself already. He has tons of buffs, sure he doesn't counter unstoppable, autoblock etc or have any of the true buffs(seeing as that's what mostly counts for utility in the cosmic class). That being said his utility is what we call ENOUGH. He has what is needed utility wise and arguably GREAT damage(it's been a while). And let's call a spade a spade. You said 2024 champs have a ton of utility on top of "THEIR DAMAGE", WHAT DAMAGE?? I'm sorry I just couldn't let you say that. I'm not playing a champion with good utility when they have DISGRACEFUL damage. What are they good for exactly??war?? I do appreciate more counters for annoying defenders tho so there's that. No point in having GREAT utility when you cannot finish a fight competitively. Some of them are useful for end game content like SOS. I'm not ranking a champion who needs 7* r3 to be able to finish a BG fight.
    Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

He has a very reliable auto block that can save you, good resistances to most debuffs, and a way to parry non-contacts. His energy res buffs also help him in certain matchups and his regen keeps too decently topped off. He’s not a utility king but he hits harder than 99% of releases this year and no one bothers to use champs from 2024 that have good utility but subpar damage for bg
    Compare him to champs like prowler, negasonic, Destroyer and patriot who hard counter specific characters whilst also having good damage and is not even close. He does have a little utility but it's more to do with survivability than anything
    NONYABIZZ said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

I just started being active on the forums so I don't know if I can quote more than one comment at a time so here's this.
    Going back to what @EdisonLaw said about the number of top defenders he can take (onslaught red skull etc). I would say those speak for itself already. He has tons of buffs, sure he doesn't counter unstoppable, autoblock etc or have any of the true buffs(seeing as that's what mostly counts for utility in the cosmic class). That being said his utility is what we call ENOUGH. He has what is needed utility wise and arguably GREAT damage(it's been a while). And let's call a spade a spade. You said 2024 champs have a ton of utility on top of "THEIR DAMAGE", WHAT DAMAGE?? I'm sorry I just couldn't let you say that. I'm not playing a champion with good utility when they have DISGRACEFUL damage. What are they good for exactly??war?? I do appreciate more counters for annoying defenders tho so there's that. No point in having GREAT utility when you cannot finish a fight competitively. Some of them are useful for end game content like SOS. I'm not ranking a champion who needs 7* r3 to be able to finish a BG fight.
    Calm down lmao. Yall act like everyone this year hits like a pillow when that's simply not true. Prowler, Serpent, Destroyer, Patriot, white tiger and Leader at the very least all have solid damage and a lot of utility. Hyperbole helps no one
    EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

However....

They have multiple times but people just ignore that so they can keep complaining. They aren't going to release a weekly statement saying that they're still figuring it out if they haven't got any updates on it.

They rebuilt the ai system at the start of the year and are still tweaking it to address the issues. If there are specific recent issues then people need to report them

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Compare him to champs like prowler, negasonic, Destroyer and patriot who hard counter specific characters whilst also having good damage and is not even close. He does have a little utility but it's more to do with survivability than anything
    I’ve seen SIM running through maestros, onslaughts, photons etc. Champs like Negasonic, Patriot, and Destroyer have good utility but they’re slow. Damage is a big piece of utility in itself for bg specifically and he excels in that area compared to most champs this year
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    edited August 7

EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

However....

They have multiple times but people just ignore that so they can keep complaining. They aren't going to release a weekly statement saying that they're still figuring it out if they haven't got any updates on it.

They rebuilt the ai system at the start of the year and are still tweaking it to address the issues. If there are specific recent issues then people need to report them
    LEADER and NEGASONIC both have TRASH DAMAGE. What have you been watching??? Serpent can only compete in MEDIUM health matchups. And the rest of them are getting out damaged at r3 by any champ you would deem to have Good/great damage that came into the game before 2024. I would know because I have a r3 prowler who gets obliterated by r1 guardian, peni even DANI moonstar. That is very BAD
    White tiger, I've seen good things I can't really speak on her but I can definitely speak on prowler lmao
    My r3 prowler can't even hang with my cheeilth who's supposed to excel at medium to large healthpool