Superior Iron Man Buff

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,353 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

I agree, the buff is pretty solid, fun gameplay, big numbers, cool utility...
    However....
    Seeing how the recent AI works, I'd say an infuriate debuffy should have been considered, especially how his whole gameplay relies on intercepts.

Dll addressed this in a stream recently, they aren't just going to give infuriate to every champ that requires intercepting because the plan is to deal with the AI so they don't need it. Bill is the exception because the intercepting is such an important part of his damage loop and they wanted it to be stable before and after any ai fixes
    However did Kabam say they are looking into the recent AI issues?
    They have multiple times but people just ignore that so they can keep complaining. They aren't going to release a weekly statement saying that they're still figuring it out if they haven't got any updates on it.

They rebuilt the ai system at the start of the year and are still tweaking it to address the issues. If there are specific recent issues then people need to report them
    LEADER and NEGASONIC both have TRASH DAMAGE. What have you been watching??? Serpent can only compete in MEDIUM health matchups. And the rest of them are getting out damaged at r3 by any champ you would deem to have Good/great damage that came into the game before 2024. I would know because I have a r3 prowler who gets obliterated by r1 guardian, peni even DANI moonstar. That is very BAD
    White tiger, I've seen good things I can't really speak on her but I can definitely speak on prowler lmao
    I’ve seen r3 prowler do some good stuff. Is yours duped and high sig? Other than that I agree
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,141 ★★★★★
    edited August 7
    Knowing that Kabam refused to rebalance Ironheart or Dust, I have serious doubts that they are planning to rebalance the rest of these champions who have mid to low damage (except Sable)
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

However....
    Seeing how the recent AI works, I'd say an infuriate debuffy should have been considered, especially how his whole gameplay relies on intercepts.

Dll addressed this in a stream recently, they aren't just going to give infuriate to every champ that requires intercepting because the plan is to deal with the AI so they don't need it. Bill is the exception because the intercepting is such an important part of his damage loop and they wanted it to be stable before and after any ai fixes
    They have multiple times but people just ignore that so they can keep complaining. They aren't going to release a weekly statement saying that they're still figuring it out if they haven't got any updates on it.

They rebuilt the ai system at the start of the year and are still tweaking it to address the issues. If there are specific recent issues then people need to report them
    LEADER and NEGASONIC both have TRASH DAMAGE. What have you been watching??? Serpent can only compete in MEDIUM health matchups. And the rest of them are getting out damaged at r3 by any champ you would deem to have Good/great damage that came into the game before 2024. I would know because I have a r3 prowler who gets obliterated by r1 guardian, peni even DANI moonstar. That is very BAD
    White tiger, I've seen good things I can't really speak on her but I can definitely speak on prowler lmao
    I’ve seen r3 prowler do some good stuff. Is yours duped and high sig? Other than that I agree
    THATS THE PROBLEM, he's very mediocre unduped. And CC always showcase him duped. That was the mistake I made. I didn't notice when I was doing my research and I made my decision pretty quickly cos I have to go valiant at the time. Immediately I took him to r3 and tested him. I IMMEDIATELY regretted it and wished I could've taken up guardian instead.
    Which leads me to another thing,
    I think awakening should either be only used to add utility to a champion or make their damage rotation easier to get by. A champ should not have to rely on awakening much less HIGH SIG for damage.
    I've also gotten really lucky ONCE against ROL WS where I was able to stack 9 ruptures with prowler. It was a little better so I assumed that's a glimpse of what his damage would be like with the awakening. It still was nothing special
    EdisonLaw said:

Knowing that Kabam refused to rebalance Ironheart or Dust, I have serious doubts that they are planning to rebalance the rest of these champions who have mid to low damage (except Sable)

You wouldn't believe the shock value negasonics damage gave me when I saw her damage rotation the first time when they introduced the champion from the livestrean. I don't think kabam has ever let a champion have that low damage in recent years. It was insanely low and I was saying it from day one and people were disagreeing with me because they heard BULLSEYE COUNTER and didn't think twice. She's not even a bullseye nuke, one mistake can cost you the entire match. She doesn't dog walk him, it's kinda a good and a bad thing cos he doesn't need to be in the same situation as peni but at the same time if she's not needed for bullseye and other champs take out skill defenders faster than her then she's completely irrelevant because I've never seen anyone use negasonic for a non skill champion and her damage is just Awful to make it worse
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,056 ★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

However....

My r3 prowler can't even hang with my cheeilth who's supposed to excel at medium to large healthpool
    I have a r4 ascended prowler that I use on a daily basis and he shreds fights. Serpent is specifically designed to be a long form content champion, saying he only works in medium health pools is just a lie. If you're getting obliterated by peni guardian and dani with prowler then you're probably just not very good at playing him my guy.

Leaders damage is built for regen and power gain matches but in long fights his degen damage gets absurd
    EdisonLaw said:

Knowing that Kabam refused to rebalance Ironheart or Dust, I have serious doubts that they are planning to rebalance the rest of these champions who have mid to low damage (except

They didn't "refuse" to rebalance them, they deemed that they fit the targets they set out for those characters. They're not even bad champs

NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

However....

THATS THE PROBLEM, he's very mediocre unduped. And CC always showcase him duped. That was the mistake I made. I didn't notice when I was doing my research and I made my decision pretty quickly cos I have to go valiant at the time. Immediately I took him to r3 and tested him. I IMMEDIATELY regretted it and wished I could've taken up guardian instead.
    Which leads me to another thing,
    I think awakening should either be only used to add utility to a champion or make their damage rotation easier to get by. A champ should not have to rely on awakening much less HIGH SIG for damage.
    I've also gotten really lucky ONCE against ROL WS where I was able to stack 9 ruptures with prowler. It was a little better so I assumed that's a glimpse of what his damage would be like with the awakening. It still was nothing special
    You don't lose that much from being unawakened, the unblockable is nice but honestly the crit rate isn't completely essentially. I guarantee there are champs that require higher sig than him to have less damage that you wouldn't complain about
    NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

You wouldn't believe the shock value negasonics damage gave me when I saw her damage rotation the first time when they introduced the champion from the livestrean. I don't think kabam has ever let a champion have that low damage in recent years. It was insanely low and I was saying it from day one and people were disagreeing with me because they heard BULLSEYE COUNTER and didn't think twice. She's not even a bullseye nuke, one mistake can cost you the entire match. She doesn't dog walk him, it's kinda a good and a bad thing cos he doesn't need to be in the same situation as peni but at the same time if she's not needed for bullseye and other champs take out skill defenders faster than her then she's completely irrelevant because I've never seen anyone use negasonic for a non skill champion and her damage is just Awful to make it worse
    She's also a photon counter
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★

So SIM’s buffs are “superior” because of the increased ability accuracy? Anti-Domino, anti-neutralize?

Another thing is that the Leader was just introduced with "Severe debuffs" that can't be purified or cleansed.

It would be interesting is "superior buffs" are a thing going forward (buffs that have increased ability accuracy), or if it is just a phrase that is tied to this being Superior Ironman.

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

However....

My r3 prowler can't even hang with my cheeilth who's supposed to excel at medium to large healthpool
    I have a r4 ascended prowler that I use on a daily basis and he shreds fights. Serpent is specifically designed to be a long form content champion, saying he only works in medium health pools is just a lie. If you're getting obliterated by peni guardian and dani with prowler then you're probably just not very good at playing him my guy.

Leaders damage is built for regen and power gain matches but in long fights his degen damage gets absurd
    Ohh my... Dani and peni unlike prowler actually hit like 7 star champions. Prowler unduped does not at least does not hit like a 7* r3. Peni and Dani have GREAT damage. Not to mention prowler is r3 and they're both r1. PROWLER is not seeing either at any rank higher im sorry. Y'all have got to retire that "not playing him right" narrative he is not tigra, let is rest. His damage is not Great, it's decent and probably the best we've seen from this year but It is not Great. There are no 2 ways about it.
    Unduped, you're most likely going to stack 5 ruptures that's probably the unluckiest you can ever get and I once got that and the rupture damage TOGETHER was terrible. After the first Sp2 ROL WS was at 65% health. That's probably the unluckiest you can get tho. Unduped you should be averaging 6 ruptures and that's with throwing the heavy before the Sp2. His awakening definitely makes him more consistent and I have tried him in EQ which constantly has 300k+ hp fights and he takes an Sp2 and an additional few hits to finish
    FOR A R3, from what we're used to at least that is not good
    edited August 7
    Just went to rewatch my recorded prowler videos and I once stacked 9 ruptures (I got GREAT heavy attack crit rng before I threw the Sp2 and it paused the ruptures I inflicted. That was the best run I ever had with him. He also had a 57k rupture burst And after the first Sp2 WS was at 44%. He's most likely going to perform worse than that on a regular Because he is unawakened. It took 2 sp2's and a 3 additional hits to finish off 550k WS. He is not mantis and I'm pretty sure my r4 mantis can finish that fight faster and will guarantee a KO with the second Sp2.
    Prowler(r3) vs WS(THIS WAS THE BEST RUN GREAT RNG)- 1:09
    Dani moonstar(r1) vs cap marvel- 1:13
    Cheeith (r4 6*) vs WS- 1:15
    Not everyone is mantis but for a r3...
    I'll let you decide
    Anyways, back to the SIM buff.

R1 5* Superior Iron Man vs ROL Captain Marvel

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Also, I want to say/post this, as well, because I know sometimes people lose their minds over the newest shiny thing and say that it’s OP when it’s actually not:

1. You still have to play the kit and actually “do stuff” to unlock the big numbers — you gotta understand what you’re trying to do and what the kit tells you to do
    2. There are other kits in this game that also do this kind of catastrophic damage and for some reason, they have been forgotten, and I am posting Exhibit 1: 6R3 Namor against Black Bolt in the next fight after RoL Wolverine

Here’s the truth that is gonna blow some people’s minds: Getting Namor to 30 Outrages and dropping the L3/L2 hammer…feels the same. Check out the time, Largest Hit. You get the same kind of catastrophic damage with Namor. I use a 6R4 Overseer a lot. I have literally been left with my mouth open after seeing what that kit does with 6 Cosmic Charges.

SIM is clearly in a 5/5 Damage position. No doubt.

But there are other kits in this games that are right there with it, and some, depending on what you’re doing, have even easier access to the DPS. Overseer vs. characters with Power Gain, for example…YIKES

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Just saw a 5* SIM gameplay from saitama and not to be negative but how is he outdamaging every champ released this year LMAO at just a 5*
    So kabam can still make great attackers? That's good to know and does give me hope

He has virtually no utility beyond damage, whereas most champs this year have a lot on top of their damage
    He has a very reliable auto block that can save you, good resistances to most debuffs, and a way to parry non-contacts. His energy res buffs also help him in certain matchups and his regen keeps too decently topped off. He’s not a utility king but he hits harder than 99% of releases this year and no one bothers to use champs from 2024 that have good utility but subpar damage for bg
    Compare him to champs like prowler, negasonic, Destroyer and patriot who hard counter specific characters whilst also having good damage and is not even close. He does have a little utility but it's more to do with survivability than anything
    I’ve seen SIM running through maestros, onslaughts, photons etc. Champs like Negasonic, Patriot, and Destroyer have good utility but they’re slow. Damage is a big piece of utility in itself for bg specifically and he excels in that area compared to most champs this year
    I would've stopped replying the second he said Patriot and Negasonic have good damage 💀

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Also, I want to say/post this, as well, because I know sometimes people lose their minds over the newest shiny thing and say that it’s OP when it’s actually not:

1. You still have to play the kit and actually “do stuff” to unlock the big numbers — you gotta understand what you’re trying to do and what the kit tells you to do
    2. There are other kits in this game that also do this kind of catastrophic damage and for some reason, they have been forgotten, and I am posting Exhibit 1: 6R3 Namor against Black Bolt in the next fight after RoL Wolverine

Here’s the truth that is gonna blow some people’s minds: Getting Namor to 30 Outrages and dropping the L3/L2 hammer…feels the same. Check out the time, Largest Hit. You get the same kind of catastrophic damage with Namor. I use a 6R4 Overseer a lot. I have literally been left with my mouth open after seeing what that kit does with 6 Cosmic Charges.

But there are other kits in this games that are right there with it, and some, depending on what you’re doing, have even easier access to the DPS. Overseer vs. characters with Power Gain, for example…YIKES

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Just saw a 5* SIM gameplay from saitama and not to be negative but how is he outdamaging every champ released this year LMAO at just a 5*
    So kabam can still make great attackers? That's good to know and does give me hope

He has virtually no utility beyond damage, whereas most champs this year have a lot on top of their damage
    He has a very reliable auto block that can save you, good resistances to most debuffs, and a way to parry non-contacts. His energy res buffs also help him in certain matchups and his regen keeps too decently topped off. He’s not a utility king but he hits harder than 99% of releases this year and no one bothers to use champs from 2024 that have good utility but subpar damage for bg
    Compare him to champs like prowler, negasonic, Destroyer and patriot who hard counter specific characters whilst also having good damage and is not even close. He does have a little utility but it's more to do with survivability than anything
    I’ve seen SIM running through maestros, onslaughts, photons etc. Champs like Negasonic, Patriot, and Destroyer have good utility but they’re slow. Damage is a big piece of utility in itself for bg specifically and he excels in that area compared to most champs this year
    I would've stopped replying the second he said Patriot and Negasonic have good damage 💀
    Patriot is decent tho. Really solid like 10k mediums at r5 and not too hard to ramp
    EdisonLaw said:

I've been watching some SIM gameplay and I'm definitely sold. If he was a new champion he could've given me hope for the next few champs to come this year. That damage is AMAZING. He and red Guardian have the best damage of 2024 champs and they aren't even 2024 champs.
    I'll definitely be ranking mine up in the nearest future. Kabam did a great job with him.
    NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

benshb said:

However....

Ohh my... Dani and peni unlike prowler actually hit like 7 star champions. Prowler unduped does not at least does not hit like a 7* r3. Peni and Dani have GREAT damage. Not to mention prowler is r3 and they're both r1. PROWLER is not seeing either at any rank higher im sorry. Y'all have got to retire that "not playing him right" narrative he is not tigra, let is rest. His damage is not Great, it's decent and probably the best we've seen from this year but It is not Great. There are no 2 ways about it.
    Unduped, you're most likely going to stack 5 ruptures that's probably the unluckiest you can ever get and I once got that and the rupture damage TOGETHER was terrible. After the first Sp2 ROL WS was at 65% health. That's probably the unluckiest you can get tho. Unduped you should be averaging 6 ruptures and that's with throwing the heavy before the Sp2. His awakening definitely makes him more consistent and I have tried him in EQ which constantly has 300k+ hp fights and he takes an Sp2 and an additional few hits to finish
    FOR A R3, from what we're used to at least that is not good
    Idk what to tell you bud, prowlers damage combined with his ability to counter specific matchups is solid in my eyes. You can tell me to put the narrative to rest but that doesn't make you right lmao

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

I didn't say she had decent damage, I said relative to the fact that she is a hard counter to s lot of incredibly annoying fights her damage is decent. Reading comprehension is your friend

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

I didn't say she had decent damage, I said relative to the fact that she is a hard counter to s lot of incredibly annoying fights her damage is decent. Reading comprehension is your friend
    She's slower than other champs who can pretty much counter Bullseye just as well as her, her damage is not decent no matter how you spin it.
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Patriot is decent tho. Really solid like 10k mediums at r5 and not too hard to ramp
    It's not bad damage but he has to go sp1 sp2 to start dealing that damage, too slow for my liking personally.

NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

It's not bad damage but he has to go sp1 sp2 to start dealing that damage, too slow for my liking personally.
    Unless the opponent inflicts a lot of debuffs to where you can skip the sp1. But how many opponents do that?

Also another problem with him I encountered is that the reversal doesn’t always work. When I hold heavy, the AI tends to dash back and hold block, causing me to whiff the heavy and they strike.
    NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

I've been watching some SIM gameplay and I'm definitely sold. If he was a new champion he could've given me hope for the next few champs to come this year. That damage is AMAZING. He and red Guardian have the best damage of 2024 champs and they aren't even 2024 champs.
    I'll definitely be ranking mine up in the nearest future. Kabam did a great job with him.
    Yeah his damage is insane, over 10-12k Sp2s from a R1 5 star? Not many champions can do that. That’s indeed more damage then most champs this year (with a few exceptions).
    Emilia90 said:

I was doing some dex practice and saw this callout. Not sure if anyone pointed it out yet but it was pretty funny

I've seen it before

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

She's slower than other champs who can pretty much counter Bullseye just as well as her, her damage is not decent no matter how you spin it.
    In bgs I agree, but generally speaking it's fine. I know you value bgs above all else but that isn't the only mode in the game.

Bare in mind I do think she could use a damage boost, but not as extreme as people are asking for on here

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

The difference is
    NONYABIZZ said:

In bgs I agree, but generally speaking it's fine. I know you value bgs above all else but that isn't the only mode in the game.

Bare in mind I do think she could use a damage boost, but not as extreme as people are asking for on here
    And also considering she hard counters most skill defenders and any purify nodes
  • AsphyxiaAsphyxia Member Posts: 78
    I noticed that superior iron man is not friendly with suicide which is a big turn off for me. In my rotation it wasn't worth ranking him up as I use suicides everywhere excluding bgs.

-gasping asphyxia
    Asphyxia said:

I noticed that superior iron man is not friendly with suicide which is a big turn off for me. In my rotation it wasn't worth ranking him up as I use suicides everywhere excluding bgs.

-gasping asphyxia

Maybe if he’s high sig he’s viable because sig increases regeneration
  • Damian271234Damian271234 Member Posts: 9

I just pulled from the titan crystal sadly I use suicides that 75 percent willpower netf is very rubbish if it was less of a nerf then I could use it
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 310 ★★
    All this SIM talk coerced me to pop my Titan and this happened…

😭

I just pulled from the titan crystal sadly I use suicides that 75 percent willpower netf is very rubbish if it was less of a nerf then I could use it

If you play BGs, suicides will cost you