New event ui is awful

13»

Comments

• Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 163
    Don’t like the new interface, feels like more is less. Sure it looks more attractive but everything is too small and straining on eyes. The old interface was much much more straightforward to see what milestones have I reached.

To digress a little, animations from collecting 4 hour crystals have also changed. Not as instantaneous as before. Makes me feel my phone getting slower
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    I don't like the timers on it. Hard to see and you can't tell if something is expiring.
    Also, the events should be in order of sooner expiration to later, but it's just all over the place.
    It's cool looking, but I wish I can toggle back to the version before this one.

Wow I'm in the minority this time. I actually think it's cool. Could use a bit of improvement but I like the style

it IS cool, but it's not practical.
    Solvseus said:

Emilia90 said:

Bosley said:

KABAM needs to fix the broke AF game they have before introducing new garbage like the UI (and new content)......

New content and the UI don’t have to do with the bug department. Idk how many times people need to be told that there’s different teams lmao
    They also don’t exist in vacuums. Corporations allocate resources. It’s bad enough that we’ve had the same complaints and bugs for quite a while now, but then they introduce a wildly different UI, and we see where their priorities are.

This isn’t rage quitting because Bill is mid and looks like an angry dead parrot, we spend time and $ on this because we enjoy it. This is constructive criticism. Maybe pause the focus on stuff no one asked for and reallocate some funds to fix the persistent bugs instead? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I agree 100%.
    I love this game, but it's getting so much harder to play because of bugs, lagging, frame-rate issues, inputs issues and now the ever evolving AI.
    HERU said:

@KabamDORK since we all feel you've been always caring for the community since the early Contest, please believe me when I say this criticism comes solely for helping improve.
    The new events UI looks cooler, but is a huge step backwards in term of usability. Maybe you realized it as well.

By working professionally with this kind of issues in the last 30 years, I can tell it was designed by game designers, but what MCOC really needs after so many years is a UX/UI designer to improve the user flow and reduce the cognitive overload. The new screen is cluttered, adds useless steps/clicks, compared to the previous one, before you're able to claim prizes, it uses a wrong hierarchy of visual/informative elements, does not provide a clear navigation and exit.

The Summary is that if Kabam wants to improve the user experience and make things easier and less frustrating for the users, they should change direction. Feel free to get in touch, in case my team could help you navigate through this with a quick UX research.

Well said
  • HERUHERU Member Posts: 129 ★★
    There are so many wrong things and usability issues with the new events UI that I just wish I could switch back to the old one. No UX team, no UI team, no QA team could never push such a mess into production.
    edited August 23

I've made an idea for the UI. Get rid of "all events", get rid of the extra screen that needs to scroll up to claim rewards, add a claim all rewards button to save us time and I would prefer that.
    Oh and move the upcoming, current etc filter over to solo and alliance so it's in one place.

Your proposal with the claim buttons is way better than the one that was implemented but there are still many issues:
    • hierarchy of content
    • readability of event titles
    • lack of contrast because of the colors and images behind important texts
    • ordering of events
    • spacing
    • usage of empty space
    • grouping and proximity
    • no clear indicator of "new event" just added
    • no clear indicator to close / go back from deeper levels to main menu
    The current UI prioritizes visuals and wow factor but ignores completely the basic rules of User Experience Design and interaction.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    Can I just have a option in settings for Modern Vs Legacy UI
    HERU said:

Your proposal with the claim buttons is way better than the one that was implemented but there are still many issues:

• hierarchy of content
    • readability of event titles
    • lack of contrast because of the colors and images behind important texts
    • ordering of events
    • spacing
    • usage of empty space
    • grouping and proximity
    • no clear indicator of "new event" just added
    • no clear indicator to close / go back from deeper levels to main menu
    The current UI prioritizes visuals and wow factor but ignores completely the basic rules of User Experience Design and interaction.
    @KabamCrusher I hope you're considering improving this UI (not only with the suggestions in this thread) or at least allowing users to switch back to the old version. I need to enter 3 times before understanding if there's a new event, what I haven't clicked or claimed. Then I go to inventory->rewards because it's just more usable and practical...
  • hurricanthurricant Member Posts: 545 ★★★
    HERU said:

@KabamCrusher I hope you're considering improving this UI (not only with the suggestions in this thread) or at least allowing users to switch back to the old version. I need to enter 3 times before understanding if there's a new event, what I haven't clicked or claimed. Then I go to inventory->rewards because it's just more usable and practical...

I think you tagged the wrong person, although I agree with all your other points above.