Summer of suffering week 2

Comments

• DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 584 ★★★
    Iceman is great for him guys! But kabam needs to give this guy sp3 lock or something this is ridiculous
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 259 ★★★

Squidopus said:

Also got a Mojo solo, again max ascended 6*. Definitely not the easiest but it’s doable. Gotta hope you get lucky with hater buff triggers and that Mole-man immediately throws a special afterwards for some of the good damage but if you’re patient you can do it.

As for managing block chip, honestly if you play well (and get a bit lucky) you barely have to block in this fight. Spite means you can dex an attack to let Mole-man gain power and then bait and punish a special to get openings. For Mojo specifically, the fury buff from sig means Mole-Man is usually gaining power and has a special ready.

What am I doing wrong😭

How strong is your Mojo? Is he duped, because the fury buff from sig is great for bolstering his damage AND triggering spite so Mole-man keeps throwing his specials.

For general tips, I wouldn’t bother trying to line up the power for sp2 or sp3 degens. I run 4/5 mystic dispersion and even then whenever I managed to find a safe opportunity to throw a sp2 the tranquility timer usually ran out immediately after, preventing Mole-man from throwing a special so that the degens actually paid off in damage. Throw out an sp2 if you get the chance but don’t make it your sole priority.

Instead, keep your focus on completing the prompts. Once you have 5 million followers, Mojo’s basic attacks inflict hater buffs and you can get some degen damage going that way while you keep baiting and punishing specials. Don’t be afraid to burn power on sp1 either; it doesn’t technically do anything on its own but it pushes the opponent back a lot so it’s useful to keep yourself out of the corner. If you roll a bad prompt you can’t complete (the main issue is the inflict stun prompt) you can safely punish specials with a heavy to reroll it. Basically just focus on keeping Mole-man under control and your follower count high and the damage can come more naturally than you expect.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Iceman work fine and he can tank the SP3. Got it done with Iceman.

The problem is the AI either holding he SP until all of the Debuffs gone, so he take no damage when he throw is SPs.

As well as the many dash back and light intercept or SP. Moleman AI is better at light intercept than Alice and MSD.

Just make the fight so much more frustrated than it designed to be.

Now trying out with Cassie, and the 2nd AI problem show it face.

Ai hold block while you charge your Heavy, this is extra bad since Moleman lose his charges which you don't want.

I understand that these bugs might be challenging and take long time to fix, but while the Kabam team trying to do that, please try to be mindful of these current issue when designing new content.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,843 ★★★★★

7* WPX nuked this thing. As far as Dani and Toad were concerned, a 6r3 and 7r1 were my options, so decided to give WPX a go. Was able to tank a sp3, and at one point 55-60% of MM’s health bar just vanished in a second.

Definitely had more fun on this run than with Kushala and Spammy.

Agreed. I also used WPX, Ham and Kushala.

Weapon X was the easiest run.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,943 ★★★★★
    Anyone attempted with archangel? My best run with r4A got him to 58%. Anyone soloed?
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,104 ★★★★★
    Mojo solo, ham solo, and dani solo. But with Dani I must have been doing something wrong. It was a 20min + fight. How do you use her for that fight (in case I need to use her for some reason for gauntlet)
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 872 ★★★
    Used Archangel (r4 ascended), Kushala (r2 7 star) and Spider Ham (r2 6 star with boosts on) for the milestones
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 996 ★★★
    Spiderham and Kushala were beyond easy....I got through it, but it was def harder than other two with toad
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★

DPX is pretty good counter to this fight, as it turns out. I had an ascended R2, and it took around 5 revives. That's mostly just because I suck and the because of the length of the fights. A solo is definitely possible if DPX was at a higher rank.

You have to learn to time Super Slap as the Bleeds from it are short, but other than that, DPX has solid Bleed Damage and inflicts Taunts off his heavy, making it easier to bait Specials. He also doesn't have any Buffs in his kit and while mine was unawakened, the signature ability gives some extra power gain, allowing better access to his Vicious Passive off the SP3.
  • YodaKajYodaKaj Member Posts: 108
    I don't like ham.

• JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 90
    already clear with my 6 star rank 3 toad and 7 star rank 1 kushala
  • TJ107TJ107 Member Posts: 93

Who are the best options for this fight? The nodes looks pretty interesting

Spider Ham (Science objective), Kushala ( Mystic...), Night Crawler ( Mutant...) I was not used a single revive
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,144 ★★★★
    Might rank my 5 star kushala for this. Anyone done it with a r5 5 star?
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,812 ★★★★
    I chose Iceman.
    Neutralize the enemy's sp3.
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 177
    Fryday said:

Iceman work fine and he can tank the SP3. Got it done with Iceman.

The problem is the AI either holding he SP until all of the Debuffs gone, so he take no damage when he throw is SPs.

As well as the many dash back and light intercept or SP. Moleman AI is better at light intercept than Alice and MSD.

Just make the fight so much more frustrated than it designed to be.

Now trying out with Cassie, and the 2nd AI problem show it face.

Ai hold block while you charge your Heavy, this is extra bad since Moleman lose his charges which you don't want.

I understand that these bugs might be challenging and take long time to fix, but while the Kabam team trying to do that, please try to be mindful of these current issue when designing new content.

This is a good thing to ask the design team and remind them, and I agree with you about the AI behavior being absolutely atrocious.
    Anyone tried archangel?
    500 units in, need to hit arenas. Most revives I died quick before doing much damage, in a couple i did about 100k damage before dying. Its long

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,035 ★★★★★
    This goof is holding specials when he's under 4 power stings of SpiderHam.
    Why? He's WAITING for those debuff to expire because of node timer 🥰
    PT_99 said:

This goof is holding specials when he's under 4 power stings of SpiderHam.
    Why? He's WAITING for those debuff to expire because of node timer 🥰

When I have the throw special prompt he holds it until just after it expires. Also 1 in every 10 times he gets the power gain, he just holds block no matter what I do. I legit dashed backed, threw a heavy into nothingness and he didn't budge
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,104 ★★★★★

Anyone tried archangel?

@captain_rogers from my alliance mates:

" My archangel solo was about two and a half minutes…boosted r5 ascended. Basically I just pushed him into frenzy then backed myself into a corner and baited specials, punished with heavies then blocked until he threw a heavy attack, and punished with my own heavy and repeated, he was taking around 200k each time he through a special in frenzy."

Anyone tried archangel?

@captain_rogers from my alliance mates:

" My archangel solo was about two and a half minutes…boosted r5 ascended. Basically I just pushed him into frenzy then backed myself into a corner and baited specials, punished with heavies then blocked until he threw a heavy attack, and punished with my own heavy and repeated, he was taking around 200k each time he through a special in frenzy."
    The spacing doesn't allow me to punish his heavy with mine.

A frustratingly long fight
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★

Mojo solo, ham solo, and dani solo. But with Dani I must have been doing something wrong. It was a 20min + fight. How do you use her for that fight (in case I need to use her for some reason for gauntlet)

It was a long fight for me too, but wasn't 20+ min.

To me, it all came down to the timing - gaining Neural arrows from faltering Moleman and letting him miss for at least 2 hits, baiting his specials to manage his power, then place Neuroshocks by using my SP1, then push or bait his special while Neuroshock is still on.

The main issue is sometimes the Neuroshocks fall off or Tranquility removes them before he uses his special, so that he doesn't take that DoT damage after his special.

There is probably a more optimal playstyle, but I just elected to do a safer but slow rotation.

Once the timing started working out for me, I would usually be able to time having 2 Neuroshocks on during his special to take off several percentages of health bar. Once or twice I was able to stack 8 Neuroshocks on, and probably took off double digits percentage off the health bar.

• OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 766 ★★★
    As others have said, Toad, Kushala, Ham. After a couple tries managed solos with all 3. Awaken and high sig helped for Kushala, replacing the debuffs with passives helped work around the tranquility. Didn't have nearly the issues others did with the AI either. Depending on the objectives for the gauntlet, I can see a number of reasonable counters.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,343 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Spam solo, 1 revive wit 6r4 unascended Toad. Will try 6r5 Kushala next.

Ended up using Wiccan as his incinerates were easier to apply and passive, but Kushala clearly works too, especially if awakened.
  • BasNLBasNL Member Posts: 63
    Ortoun said:

As others have said, Toad, Kushala, Ham. After a couple tries managed solos with all 3. Awaken and high sig helped for Kushala, replacing the debuffs with passives helped work around the tranquility. Didn't have nearly the issues others did with the AI either. Depending on the objectives for the gauntlet, I can see a number of reasonable counters.

Have her unawakened, but will try that. Like everyone said, frustrating fight since he won't throw specials and he waits untill either the debuffs end or the power timer resets. On top of that intercepting can be a real challenge with all the side steps and counter intercepts. What makes things even worse there was a timeout. After getting him to 50% health and spending 210 units he regained full health. Sent a ticket for that.

All in all it could be a challenging, but nice fight, but the current (well almost 4 months now) bugs make it frustrating.
  • cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Member Posts: 79
    jdschw said:

I'm thinking Kindred might be good for mystic thanks to his degen passives?

For mutant, I'm struggling to see how anybody can do damage during moleman's specials.

That's who I used
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,134 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

I'm thinking Kindred might be good for mystic thanks to his degen passives?

For mutant, I'm struggling to see how anybody can do damage during moleman's specials.

Kindred could work but isn’t his damage like super slow unless he’s low on health and is duped + sigged?