Wait.. The Serpent is balanced but Kingpin needed a nerf??

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★

This is absolute nonsense first Serpent staying as he is and now this

This is reminding me of the Shocker nerf situation. So will they give out RDTs?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,758 ★★★★★

It's amazing that after all these years, people don't understand the difference between fixing bugs and buffs or nerfs.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

This is reminding me of the Shocker nerf situation. So will they give out RDTs?
    No it doesn't affect him that much honestly for this case we won't get rank down tickets
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    edited August 31
    I got a question!
    Related or unrelated, idk

Is onslaughts sp1s first hit supposed to be contact?
    He can launch it from other corner of the screen and it will connect.

Took thorn damage.

I got a question!
    Related or unrelated you decide.

Is onslaughts sp1s first hit supposed to be contact?
    He can launch it from other corner of the screen and it will connect.

Took thorn damage.

Yeah it is,

It's amazing that after all these years, people don't understand the difference between fixing bugs and buffs or nerfs.
    Since you have so much insider knowledge and understand all terms in the game, can you tell them to stop being lazy and fix Galan's sp2 bug? It's been there for a years and I'm sure they're aware.
    It's been there since his release
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,486 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

What's your excuse of Galan sp2 bug which is going on for 6+ months?
    Other than, "Coding is hard."

Apparently it's only hard if the fix will benefit players.
    Dear God, will that conspiracy ever end?
    They're not handpicking bugs to fix based on what makes Players the most miserable. That ain't a thing.
    Some bugs take longer because they're not so easily-resolved. Some would cause larger problems down the line so they're not as large a priority. Any majorly-exploitable issue becomes a much more immediate priority and needs to be resolved more immediately before they cause major issues, and most often need to be fixed with a less-than-optimal solution that's more quick.
    A bug is a bug, and there's no moratorium on when it should get fixed.
    As for what's intended and what isn't, obviously that's their decision. It's their game. You either trust that or you don't, but no amount of arguing on here will change someone's mind if they don't trust them.
    No one is out to get the Players, and no Dev wants any bug, whether people are suffering because of it or not. People don't work endlessly on a product just to say, "Hey! Let's leave that flaw because it's making us money.". That's not real.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    This stuff is no longer surprising when it happens.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Since you have so much insider knowledge and understand all terms in the game, can you tell them to stop being lazy and fix Galan's sp2 bug? It's been there for a years and I'm sure they're aware.
    It's been there since his release
    Sorry.
    I can't see the physical touching. I must be blind.

Yeah it’s weird but it indeed has been like that since release. I recall an MSD showcase of Onslaught vs. necro Attuma shortly after release where he specifically whiffed the first hit of sp1 and let the rest hit block to avoid contact and triggering thorns. Given how long it’s been I assume at this point it’s either intentional or they just don’t care enough to fix it.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Typhoon said:

1) kit does not state degen does not stack.
    2) kit does not state that the effects of degen do not stack.
    3) 3.5 years in players hands, 2 months on trello
    4) you can call this a bug fix all you want but the reality of it is that kabam’s intentions do not match how the text reads. It’s not the first time it has happened and probably won’t be the last. But it’s silly.
    5) I have purposely used kingpin’s sp1 in the past to stack degens to achieve >100% ability accuracy reduction. How is anyone supposed to know what’s a bug if you don’t communicate?

When have you ever known Kingpin to reduce opponent Attack Rating by 100%?

Do you truly believe that Kingpin should reduce opponent Attack Rating by 100%?

Did you ever see the description of his sp1? There is no mention of any such so called it will not stack....

Where does it say it will stack?

PT_99 said:

What's your excuse of Galan sp2 bug which is going on for 6+ months?
    Other than, "Coding is hard."

Apparently it's only hard if the fix will benefit players.
    Dear God, will that conspiracy ever end?
    They're not handpicking bugs to fix based on what makes Players the most miserable. That ain't a thing.
    Some bugs take longer because they're not so easily-resolved. Some would cause larger problems down the line so they're not as large a priority. Any majorly-exploitable issue becomes a much more immediate priority and needs to be resolved more immediately before they cause major issues, and most often need to be fixed with a less-than-optimal solution that's more quick.
    A bug is a bug, and there's no moratorium on when it should get fixed.
    As for what's intended and what isn't, obviously that's their decision. It's their game. You either trust that or you don't, but no amount of arguing on here will change someone's mind if they don't trust them.
    No one is out to get the Players, and no Dev wants any bug, whether people are suffering because of it or not. People don't work endlessly on a product just to say, "Hey! Let's leave that flaw because it's making us money.". That's not real.
    GW really thinks adding two incinerates to an sp2 is harder to code than removing the extra aar from a debuff when they stack, typing it alone is harder lmao this guy never fails to entertain.
    So what's string to add 2 to his abilities? Go ahead, type it out here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,486 ★★★★★
    Everyone has their own ideas on what is a priority, what isn't, what's easy and what isn't, what should be fixed and what should be left.....and that's fine. People are entitled to their own thoughts.
    As long as they accept the fact that it's their game. Their job. Their call. Their expertise.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    The Attack Rating reduction has clearly never stacked.

Look at the wording: "While this degeneration is active," that's not limiting.
    There's also no max stack limit. Do you then think the additive default for reduction is infinite? Should it be?

Whether there is one, or three, the degen is active, so it triggers the Attack Rating and Ability Accuracy reduction.

The fact that Kingpin has never reduced Attack Rating by 100% due to having more than one debuff on the opponent is a pretty clear indication that this has never worked properly.

Does it suck that they didn't catch it sooner? Yeah, absolutely. Could they have left it as is and just changed his description? Quite possibly. They've done that in the past - in very similar circumstances actually. Does it mean they should have? Clearly there will be different opinions here.

The fact is, it was never intended to stack in the way it was. It was finally noticed and corrected. Let's assume that he's been functioning this way since his buff. We had him functioning one way - a way he shouldn't have been functioning - for three and a half years. It sucks that he's being changed. I'm right there with you. Is there part of me that hopes they reverse this decision? Yep. But I'm not going to pretend that this is a massive character breaking change to Kingpin.

Let's consider something.

65% AAR is still massive. How are people pretending it's not? For direct comparison, Magnetism is 70% reduction and limited to #Metal. Kingpin's is not limited at all. Yet no-one is talking about how Kingpin has a more reliable AAR than Magneto. Could that be because outside of BGs, Kingpin's AAR is not the #1 reason most people use him?

Not saying it wasn't a consideration. In some cases it certainly was. But I'm going to wager it wasn't anyone's top consideration when picking Kingpin. You picked him because he makes debuffs meaningless. He's a skill who hard counters a ton of mutants. And science champs... oh and almost anyone else who relies on debuffs. His regeneration rate can't be modified and he gives you almost constant Willpower healing. He's beefy. Can hit like a truck...

Oh yeah, and with this change he still reduces Attack Rating by 50% and Ability Accuracy by 65%.

This change gives me a half second more thought before I pick Kingping.

"Hmm, now Kingpin only reduces the ability accuracy of: Hulkling, Nick Fury, Thing, et all by 65%... okay. Choose Kingpin."