Wait.. The Serpent is balanced but Kingpin needed a nerf??

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Yall need to calm down.

Demonzfyre, GW, Colinwhitworth you guys can welcome the newest member to the white knight council! It's official.
    I thought you were done with Kabam.
    Oh I am believe me, I usually spent money on 4th of July and Cyberweekend but they've lost that privilege now. Sure, my money alone won't make a difference but if other people think the same way as me, it probably will lmao.
    I highly doubt enough people are going to quit because Serpent isn't nerfed to kill the game.
    I'm not quitting, I just said I'm not spending. Why? Cause they don't care what we have to say, so I don't care about their p2w events anymore either and again, while my money alone won't make a difference, if other people stop spending too then it will.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,058 ★★★★
    This white Knight thing is nonsense. As some of you may know I often agree with kabam on decisions. Sometimes I don't. I like kabam as a company but that doesn't affect my opinion or judgement. Its a case where in each situation I look at it objectively and with perspective. How are you gonna attack people like grounded wisdom for looking at things with a perspectives other than that of a player base? Isn't that what everyone should strive to do? Just because more often than not some people tend to err on the side of agreeing with kabam doesn't make them puppets or smth like it has been implied here, they are just giving their opinions the same as you. Haven't read the whole thread so tell me if I'm missing something crucial
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337

Yall need to calm down.

Demonzfyre, GW, Colinwhitworth you guys can welcome the newest member to the white knight council! It's official.
    Oh I am believe me, I usually spent money on 4th of July and Cyberweekend but they've lost that privilege now. Sure, my money alone won't make a difference but if other people think the same way as me, it probably will lmao.
    I highly doubt enough people are going to quit because Serpent isn't nerfed to kill the game.

Kind of like the bring sde back or I'm not playing to game no more ??
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★

Yall need to calm down.

You’re not alone, trust me.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Yall need to calm down.

Fryday said:

Yall need to calm down.

Fun, I do wonder if the history of that word, how many time does it work, telling someone to calm down.

@WednesdayLength next time you are out and come face to face with someone angry, why don't you try saying that and see how affective it is.

The reason why this game have last 10 years, is down to one reason, the passion of the players (community) for this game (well that and addition).

That is why they will to drop thousands and thousands of their own money (hard earned money) into this game.

It create job, cashflow that pay for those at Kabam that making these decision ingame, like not rebalancing Serpent or neff Moleman or Kingpin (looking at Nick with trepidation).

The funny thing about passion it that is fuse love (for the game), but it is also the same fuse that cause anger.

So yeah, maybe we should all calm down, maybe we should all stop care, maybe we should stop spending, maybe we should all move on. Sure that will help the game grow and last for another 10 years.

Like I said there are worser thing than the users being angry at your decision, action and product. They can stop caring.

Anyway get this feeling that it is pointless discussing thing with you @WednesdayLength , so just gonna wish you a good day. I will get in with my day and not think about MCOC.
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that, I'm merely saying that complaining about a bug being fixed is absurd
    I’d arguing that fixing a mechanic 3.5 years late while trying to convince us that a far more unbalanced champion is fair and on target eclipses the absurd you seem concerned about
    Almost like they're handled by different teams all together?
    That argument carries no weight. The amount of time where circumstances like this have occurred and the inability to coordinate has been exposed leaves me with no sympathy. They should know better after 10 years of running all this.
    Oh so it's irrelevant just so you can continue to connect 2 events
    IKON said:

Shock29 said:

IKON said:

English is a hard language, but his kit as it currently stands actually reads more like the effects are supposed to stack.

Let's take Onslaught, this is what is stated "While Organic Magnetism is active, this Special costs 33% less Power and is more likely to be activated." This is clearly worded, while Organic Magnetism is active, pass/fail, on or off.

The problem is the word "this" in Kingpin's current kit. "this" could refer to degeneration overall, but most would interpret "this" to be a reference to each stack of degen.

the ambiguity of including "this" degeneration is why no one would assume this wasn't working as intended.

I see that but I also think that "this" could be another way of saying the ability only triggers with his personal Degeneration. Degeneration is a very common ability for many champions and nodes so this was likely to prevent his ability from triggering due to other Degeneration effects.

For Onslaught, there's no need to use "this" or include the word "personal" because he's the only champion that uses Organic Magnetism (as of now). The way the ability is worded even covers if Organic Magnetism is either a Debuff or a Passive.
    I believe that was intended, but there are also instances of champion descriptions including "personal effect" which is much clearer. Ultimately I can't fault the playerbase or Kabam for interpreting it differently, as the way it's written could easily imply either. The problem of course is that it was Kabam who wrote it in the first place.
    I believe personal effects was only uses after kingpins buff. I could be wrong, but it seems that kinpins kit is essentially a first draft of saying personal degen effect without the term

Yall need to calm down.

Sorry I forgot that disagreeing with the majority makes me a white Knight.

I think serpent should have been nerfed, I think it's weird that he wasn't, but I also think that the Kingpin bug was a bug and is not a nerf just because people liked it
    The Galan bug has been there for years too, why haven't they fixed that? Is it because it would indirectly buff a champ that was already considered top of the cosmic class or how does that work?
    There's plenty of more likely options beyond the malice and scheming people want to believe it is
    Can't blame people for thinking it is when their decisions when it comes to kits haven't exactly been the best lately.
    Idk, I've been here since launch and I think the community are as prone to overreacting as they say Kabam are for being shady. I don't agree with everything they do and I point out when I don't, I've just been here long enough to know that most people complaining about the Kingpin fix probably never even placed more than 1 degen with him to begin with.

I'm unsure as to how the data on serpent could suggest he's anything but overtuned, and I also believe that Kingpins place in the contest will be near identical after the patch as it is now. Serpent is genuinely the only decision they've made regarding kits that is actually egregious, as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on ntw and Sable.

Yknow I'll go as far as to say I've been having s bad day and probably went s little too hard and I genuinely apologise for probably being a bit of a pest, I just disagree with the idea that me not agreeing with the community makes me a shill or a white knight anymore than everyone piling on Kabam for every decision means they're looking to dog pile
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    edited August 31

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Yall need to calm down.

Fryday said:

Yall need to calm down.

Fun, I do wonder if the history of that word, how many time does it work, telling someone to calm down.

@WednesdayLength next time you are out and come face to face with someone angry, why don't you try saying that and see how affective it is.

The reason why this game have last 10 years, is down to one reason, the passion of the players (community) for this game (well that and addition).

That is why they will to drop thousands and thousands of their own money (hard earned money) into this game.

It create job, cashflow that pay for those at Kabam that making these decision ingame, like not rebalancing Serpent or neff Moleman or Kingpin (looking at Nick with trepidation).

The funny thing about passion it that is fuse love (for the game), but it is also the same fuse that cause anger.

So yeah, maybe we should all calm down, maybe we should all stop care, maybe we should stop spending, maybe we should all move on. Sure that will help the game grow and last for another 10 years.

Like I said there are worser thing than the users being angry at your decision, action and product. They can stop caring.

Anyway get this feeling that it is pointless discussing thing with you @WednesdayLength , so just gonna wish you a good day. I will get in with my day and not think about MCOC.
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that, I'm merely saying that complaining about a bug being fixed is absurd
    I’d arguing that fixing a mechanic 3.5 years late while trying to convince us that a far more unbalanced champion is fair and on target eclipses the absurd you seem concerned about
    Almost like they're handled by different teams all together?
    That argument carries no weight. The amount of time where circumstances like this have occurred and the inability to coordinate has been exposed leaves me with no sympathy. They should know better after 10 years of running all this.
    Oh so it's irrelevant just so you can continue to connect 2 events
    IKON said:

Shock29 said:

IKON said:

English is a hard language, but his kit as it currently stands actually reads more like the effects are supposed to stack.

Let's take Onslaught, this is what is stated "While Organic Magnetism is active, this Special costs 33% less Power and is more likely to be activated." This is clearly worded, while Organic Magnetism is active, pass/fail, on or off.

The problem is the word "this" in Kingpin's current kit. "this" could refer to degeneration overall, but most would interpret "this" to be a reference to each stack of degen.

the ambiguity of including "this" degeneration is why no one would assume this wasn't working as intended.

I see that but I also think that "this" could be another way of saying the ability only triggers with his personal Degeneration. Degeneration is a very common ability for many champions and nodes so this was likely to prevent his ability from triggering due to other Degeneration effects.

For Onslaught, there's no need to use "this" or include the word "personal" because he's the only champion that uses Organic Magnetism (as of now). The way the ability is worded even covers if Organic Magnetism is either a Debuff or a Passive.
    I believe that was intended, but there are also instances of champion descriptions including "personal effect" which is much clearer. Ultimately I can't fault the playerbase or Kabam for interpreting it differently, as the way it's written could easily imply either. The problem of course is that it was Kabam who wrote it in the first place.
    I believe personal effects was only uses after kingpins buff. I could be wrong, but it seems that kinpins kit is essentially a first draft of saying personal degen effect without the term
    It’s irrelevant because of repeating the same mistake over and over again loses credibility and sympathy for the ones that repeat the mistake.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I’ll absolutely still use him a ton.

Just opinion that it’s not the right time to announce or do this.
    Please tell me what the bug is?
    That they worded stuff wrong?
  • HarryToefaceHarryToeface Member Posts: 4
    People saying it wasn't a nerf it was a fix...do you even know what nerf means? It doesn't matter if it was a fix it still nerfs their kit compared to what was previously possible. Is this the worst nerf? No but I'm not going to play games with people who think I should use the words THEY want me to. Especially when the word is perfectly fine to use. Nerf and fix can be used in the same sentence. Even if their kits weren't working as intended.
    Cannot disagree. You’re absolutely right. Especially when it has been that long.

What’s the fix though?
    Yelling at kabaam until they hear us?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    edited August 31

Is it mentioned in trello board, I don't see it there

Further evidence that trello is useless and should just be scrapped.
    Scrap it and the balance program as well
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Please tell me what the bug is?
    That they worded stuff wrong?

The AAR of Black Iso degen was stacking when it shouldn't have. Only the AAR was stacking, the Attack Rating did not stack with multiple applications. It's been like this since Kingpin's buff went live. It was noticed and fixed almost immediately. People are upset at the timing of it, right on the heels of Serpent.

The fix makes it so Kingpin can only reduce an opponent's Ability Accuracy by 65%, regardless of how many Black Iso degen debuffs you have active on them.

Thanks man. Still gonna use and like him.

I just tap my phone screen and hit stuff and hope for the best. He hasn’t let me down yet.
    Will see if he starts to.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Thanks man. Still gonna use and like him.

I just tap my phone screen and hit stuff and hope for the best. He hasn’t let me down yet.
    Will see if he starts to.

It’s only gonna affect his AAR, other than that he’s still the same

People saying it wasn't a nerf it was a fix...do you even know what nerf means? It doesn't matter if it was a fix it still nerfs their kit compared to what was previously possible. Is this the worst nerf? No but I'm not going to play games with people who think I should use the words THEY want me to. Especially when the word is perfectly fine to use. Nerf and fix can be used in the same sentence. Even if their kits weren't working as intended.

Nerf means changing a champions intended kit because it's too strong, not fixing an unintended part of their kit to what it's supposed to be

Is it mentioned in trello board, I don't see it there

Further evidence that trello is useless and should just be scrapped.
    It was found and fixed with 24 hours, putting it on trello would have been a waste of time