Act 9 Bosses

XlebXleb Member Posts: 300

So if these aren't placeholders, what champions do you think are hiding in here for the next two chapters after Orochi?

Comments

• XlebXleb Member Posts: 300

Looks like 9.4 will be the final chapter for Chronoserpent, judging by the description. I'm excited
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,762 ★★★★★
    Xleb said:

Looks like 9.4 will be the final chapter for Chronoserpent, judging by the description. I'm excited

Thats if these 2 are 9.2 and 9.3

WHERE THE HECK DID U FIND THAT PIC?

Anyway, when Zemo and Abs came out and they had all that plot of their own ISO-Sphere, and a rumor was going that they'd use that to convert Iron man into Cerastes, anyway I was thinking it'd be sick if the Masters of evil would form an alliance with The Chronoserpant, so I'd like to see that, and Corrupted Zemo, Abs man, etc

The image is on the website page and it doesnt look like abs as its like a design like ultron classic or electro with his face having the comic look but corruption

WHERE THE HECK DID U FIND THAT PIC?

Anyway, when Zemo and Abs came out and they had all that plot of their own ISO-Sphere, and a rumor was going that they'd use that to convert Iron man into Cerastes, anyway I was thinking it'd be sick if the Masters of evil would form an alliance with The Chronoserpant, so I'd like to see that, and Corrupted Zemo, Abs man, etc

Heres the link
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/act-9-the-reckoning/
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    Pointy ears makes me think super skrull. I hope not, the idea of a modified superskrull boss sounds painful.
    Xleb said:

So if these aren't placeholders, what champions do you think are hiding in here for the next two chapters after Orochi?

By the way, it is possible that the other two bosses will be one of these. X-23 is already there. Doom and Mr. Fantastic have formed an alliance (one of the key characters in the plot). I mean, apparently this is not just a set random champions
    Lokx said:

Pointy ears makes me think super skrull. I hope not, the idea of a modified superskrull boss sounds painful.

U might be onto it just compared looking at auntmai and it does resemble his body
    Bendy said:

Lokx said:

U might be onto it just compared looking at auntmai and it does resemble his body
    It really does look like it. But still, don't forget that these could just be fillers (like with the Act 8 boss teaser)
    Xleb said:

Bendy said:

Lokx said:

It really does look like it. But still, don't forget that these could just be fillers (like with the Act 8 boss teaser)
    Yeah but if they are then zemo and superskrull god damn
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★
    Xleb said:

Xleb said:

By the way, it is possible that the other two bosses will be one of these. X-23 is already there. Doom and Mr. Fantastic have formed an alliance (one of the key characters in the plot). I mean, apparently this is not just a set random champions
    Damn I was just about to post that cutscene and talk about that, but u beat me to it.
    Yeah, seeing as X-23 is here, I guess the choice of champs isn't coincidence at all, I see Thing in here too, might he be the Corrupted champ in the back of the pic u shared first? Orochi and Scytalis bring me the same vibe, maybe we will get that as in Bahamet and Corrupted Thing? Or Corrupted Apoc
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Member Posts: 1,011 ★★★
    Zemo and Onslaught.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★

Zemo and Onslaught.

Corrupted Onslaught can be the coolest but won't make sense to me and would be too op
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★
    Well we still don’t have a corrupted cosmic or a corrupted mystic yet.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

One looks like zemo and other is hard to decipher

It's Cerastes actually
    I might be wrong, but judging by what they told us, I believe that's Cerastes in the back and X-23 in the front, that looks like Laura's mask
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    They're doing class bosses so Zemo is out of the question as we already had a skill boss in 8.1

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)
    Thus 9.2 and 9.3 should be either cosmic or mystic.
    With 9.4 being a superior class boss maybe the chronoserpent itself ?

• Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★

They're doing class bosses so Zemo is out of the question as we already had a skill boss in 8.1

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

Like how you skipped Glykhan to prove your point 😂

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

You missed Glykhan on purpose ?
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Member Posts: 496 ★★★

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

Well yeah, chapters 1-3 are class bosses and chapter 4 is universal class.

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

8.4 Glykhan was superior class just like the 9.4 boss will be , every act end boss(starting from maestro) is superior class hence they have their own theme to follow. Besides there's only 6 classes in the game so to cover the classes over 2 acts (which is 8 quests) 2 of them won't have the class theme (those being the act end bosses)

So no, I didn't skip Glykhan on purpose to prove my point, I assumed it was common knowledge since this theme is very very clear
  • johnfrederic1johnfrederic1 Member Posts: 24
    I doubt it, but will still throw it out there.

Imagine if after X-23 it's all X-mens (like the 3 before were all Avengers). If we consider the class remaining that will work, mystics we have 3 characters (Longshot, Magik and Unstoppable Colossus) and 1 for cosmic (Phoenix).

I doubt being that because of Phoenix, she already got a mashup I think in 7.1.6 (with Iceman), but guess we will see.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

8.4 Glykhan was superior class just like the 9.4 boss will be , every act end boss(starting from maestro) is superior class hence they have their own theme to follow. Besides there's only 6 classes in the game so to cover the classes over 2 acts (which is 8 quests) 2 of them won't have the class theme (those being the act end bosses)

So no, I didn't skip Glykhan on purpose to prove my point, I assumed it was common knowledge since this theme is very very clear
    I am guessing it's gonna be either Chronoserpent, or a corrupted Carina
    Pikolu said:

Imagine if the 9.2 boss was just Serpent. No corruption or change of kit, just a really beefy serpent.

A certain green bull might help with that
  • DiablordDiablord Member Posts: 558 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

8.1 - Scytalis (Skill)
    8.2 - Bahamet (Science)
    8.3- Cerastes (tech)

9.1 - Orochi (mutant)

I am guessing it's gonna be either Chronoserpent, or a corrupted Carina
    Corrupted Carina would be a very interesting concept, and honestly, would work well with the earlier assumption for a cosmic boss. But as an elder, shouldn't she also be superior like how the collector (her dad), and grandmaster (her uncle) were?