Best Counter for Serpent?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,340 ★★★★★
In BGs.

Also, is Kushala better than Chavez since Chavez can take a while if she doesnt crit on the sp2 and the crit damage resistance?

Best Counter for Serpent? 152 votes

Chavez
63%
bhuv9191sfu_koraxRaganatorSpity68Maat1985JerryJiverOUYOJets44BigTuna_2054yossHenrytfu_41CsuttonLilMaddogHTDtl7714GarloFydaneIamnikeMaxtheSilentGyanemdjerTijjy007 97 votes
Kushala
30%
PantherusNZAddyosNanoDroidRagnarok13TerraHaverTimeBrokenHilldarpseudosaneLiquidkoldGrootman1294AleorPikoluSagacious0wlAyden_noah1SpadeHunterWolf911Diegog2000Glassbackericong77 46 votes
Shathra
5%
HERVE_LEANDREIronmark48ItsClobberinTimeOliver345781KoukentsuMiStaloOvaSagaChampionKingering_KingPresentEscape 9 votes

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Shathra
    I'm fully aware she's not even out yet but hear me out, she has dot and it looked pretty damn good on the deep dive. I'm fully aware Kushala has dot too but here's the thing, she still has to wait out the death immunity buff fully, with Shathra it won't even last 3 seconds even if it's a sig 200 Serpent so for that reason alone I'm gonna say Shathra.
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    Kushala
    We’re high level war and my account suggests I’m a better player than I really am, only got my first war solo against serpent yesterday using kush😬
    Didn’t seem like I had to wait out the death immunity buff tho, he regened, got to three bars and then just died.

• Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    Chavez
    massive shout out to BWCV. she totally slays him, and gets rid of his death immunity.
    between BWCV, chavez, kush and luke i have little problem with him recently.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Chavez
    Maat1985 said:

massive shout out to BWCV. she totally slays him, and gets rid of his death immunity.
    between BWCV, chavez, kush and luke i have little problem with him recently.

If we talk outside bg matches them Doom is easily the best counter, despite serpent's stun immunity. There is literally no way you can lose any health with doom even if you play poor.
  • AvnishAvnish Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    Chavez
    Chavez is good counter for him... because she control the power as well. And continuous power gain one of his annoying ability.. kushala work as well. But IMO chavez would be no 1
    Shathra
    Did nobody watch the deep dive? 💀
  • PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 388 ★★
    Human Torch with pre fight works well also, but yeah you have to out death immunity
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 177 ★★
    Luke Cage
  • Talha305RajaTalha305Raja Member Posts: 79
    Luke Cage/HT/White Tiger/WWBN/Sassy/Sym Supreme/Wiccan are some other good options
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    Chavez

i did watch the deep dive but its hard to say objectively or subjectively someone is the best counter when we have not been able to try or see others try.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    Chavez
    Chavez is the only mystic that can completely mitigate the power gain without any stress. She is by far the safest any where he’s not stun immune. Then its Kushala, honorable mention for Doom’s power control too, even without the cycle he’s going to be pretty safe
  • Grand_Master_17Grand_Master_17 Member Posts: 19
    Kushala
    my go-to-counter is not one y'all must have used, but i use human torch
    serpents sp1 gives me 5 smoulder charges and 20 temp
    with prefight this fight is a nice one, also rn we got science meta so he cooks...
    but still fighting against a 7* serpent who has block penetration stat focus is a pain
    (my human torch is 6* r5 )
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★
    its Tigra but ok
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Chavez
    Chavez is by far the safest, and probably the only champ that a lot of more casual players are comfortable in using for serpent.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    No one mentioning my goat spidey supreme so I’ll throw his name here. Serpent gains no power against him and Spidey steals all the power that he gains. Death immunity phase is a joke because you rapidly gain power while serpent gains nothing from it. Good enough damage to burst him down faster than most 7* r3’s
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 413 ★★
    Kushala
    Idk but doom worked well for me tbh, I have no idea about how serpent works or what his mechanics are but I juet went up against a 6r5a serpent with doom and it turned out pretty well, slow fight and 45k pts
  • Bayle The DreadBayle The Dread Member Posts: 447 ★★★★
    White Tiger all the way. I found her so much easier to use and she also heals herself. I rarely lose with her.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    Chavez
    Could someone give a brief rundown on how each counters Serpent? For example, when I use Kushala, 7r2), I don't do well because he still gains power quickly and stalls for time, plus I can't stop him from getting to a sp3 when his sig activates.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 184
    Might catch some hate for this….but maybe it’ll get some agrees. Mordo is actually a really solid serpent counter believe it or not
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Chavez

Could someone give a brief rundown on how each counters Serpent? For example, when I use Kushala, 7r2), I don't do well because he still gains power quickly and stalls for time, plus I can't stop him from getting to a sp3 when his sig activates.

Kushala is mostly nice for the block damage mitigation and actually has enough damage to take him down jn a decent speed. If you have an intercept blessing up then the ai is more aggressive and should be more encouraged to throw specials, though with all his power gain landing an intercept is not the easiest. She’s not as safe as Chavez but does generally work.
  • FeydRauthaFeydRautha Member Posts: 49
    Chavez
    BigBlueOx said:

Chavez is the only mystic that can completely mitigate the power gain without any stress. She is by far the safest any where he’s not stun immune. Then its Kushala, honorable mention for Doom’s power control too, even without the cycle he’s going to be pretty safe

Stun immunity is just a minor inconvenience cause her heavy reach is good plus Serpent's heavy is very easy to punish. I've been cooking r3 boss in aw without much trouble ever since I r3 Chavez.
  • Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Member Posts: 379
    edited September 11
    Tigra, she cheezes her and his specials isn't even hit her so you are secured from even the chip block damage from serpent.
    So she is best, atleast in BGs. However it is only worked for extremely skilled players.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    Chavez
    Chavez is the only one here that can reverse his power gain.

Besides him, has anyone tried Sorcerer Supreme? She has regen on block and has a reliable nullify
    edited September 11
    Shathra
    Maat1985 said:

i did watch the deep dive but its hard to say objectively or subjectively someone is the best counter when we have not been able to try or see others try.
    Yeah but if you have good enough game knowledge and can do the Math yourself, you can have a pretty good idea. The atrophy Shathra has is better than anything the other two have, and the dot is better as well unless it's a meta that supercharges Kushala.
    I'll make sure I necro this thread in two weeks when Shathra's out and I'm right though lmao.
  • BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Member Posts: 85 ★★
    Chavez
    Your choices are limited and the best and fastest counter isn’t even an option. It’s duped white tiger hands down. It’s not even a competition really. She’s absolutely the fastest counter.