Kabam is one of the most greedy dev studios that I have ever seen, to the point it hurt the game

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,762 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Then u havent seen marvel strike force then

Marvel Future revolution was more like that. Had such potential but it was so pay to win, they put out massive cash offers literal weeks before the game shut down knowing it would shut down. I loved that game too many.

Strike force may be heavily money oriented but nowhere close to marvel FR in cash grabiness.

As for this game, it's got big benefits to paying players but I literally have a free to play alt that is valiant with 3 r3s and soon to be a 4th and i don't even play it that much. We get way more free stuff than other games similar.
    Yep we can get t4a or any new catalyst ftp after 8 months new champs well they enter titan then basic so around 6 months and for most part u can keep up if u play, u will have a slight disadvantage but it wont ever be huge unless it comes to everest content and ur missing a champ which u can wait on, but for msf its they are paylocking content where u have to buy characters to play certain stuff due to u need that star to enter its getting so bad over there for ftp as a lot of stuff is now miss and becoming very pay to play compared to this game its better than any other mobile game when comes to money.
  • FlavyjayFlavyjay Member Posts: 29
    Kabam should at least give the chance to restart a fight, missing a block only to start the whole quest over again can be exhausting
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,743 ★★★★★
    Flavyjay said:

Kabam should at least give the chance to restart a fight, missing a block only to start the whole quest over again can be exhausting

There would be countless issues with that. Everyone would just restart a fight constantly until they got a solo. Even if you limited the amount of restarts per fight or per quest, it would still significantly reduce the challenge of any given fight, which would be terrible. The primary purpose for units (according to Kabam) is clearing content and everything else is a bonus if you're able to clear content using less units. Removing the need to spend units on content by making it a rage-quitter's dream land would cost Kabam a lot of money, resulting in even steeper consequences.

Flavyjay said:

There would be countless issues with that. Everyone would just restart a fight constantly until they got a solo. Even if you limited the amount of restarts per fight or per quest, it would still significantly reduce the challenge of any given fight, which would be terrible. The primary purpose for units (according to Kabam) is clearing content and everything else is a bonus if you're able to clear content using less units. Removing the need to spend units on content by making it a rage-quitter's dream land would cost Kabam a lot of money, resulting in even steeper consequences.
    I see 🤔, is there any way to counter dormamu's degen
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Bro understood capitalism
    Flavyjay said:

Flavyjay said:

His degen has a chance to activate when a buff expires on the attacker.
    Easiest option, use a champ that is immune to buffs. There's a few of them. Next easiest, don't dex, just block. Third option, use an XL champ. Fourth option, Hulk Ragnarok, Blade, or another champ that benefits from the degen or reduces ability accuracy.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,291 ★★★★★
    Flavyjay said:

You would be spending similar amounts on energy packs based on your issues
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Then u havent seen marvel strike force then

Marvel Future revolution was more like that. Had such potential but it was so pay to win, they put out massive cash offers literal weeks before the game shut down knowing it would shut down. I loved that game too many.

Strike force may be heavily money oriented but nowhere close to marvel FR in cash grabiness.

As for this game, it's got big benefits to paying players but I literally have a free to play alt that is valiant with 3 r3s and soon to be a 4th and i don't even play it that much. We get way more free stuff than other games similar.
    The 2 biggest problems with MFR was it set up like marvel future fight. Extremely grindy and p2w.

The grind problem was that you had to redo everything for each character and there wasn't any different content for each character. There wasn't a way to level up other characters except doing missions.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★
    Flavyjay said:

After reading through all your replies may be I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but the game could still be better especially in regards to revives and restarting fights.

Do you think you shouldn't have to use resources?
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    Bro, shut up
  • DharakDharak Member Posts: 16
    Flavyjay said:

Flavyjay said:

Lokx said:

No offence, but you sound like you got drowned in instant gratification with some games giving you exactly what you want with no effort to the point that a bit of hard work makes you feel like your climbing.

Earlier acts are somewhat harder and does feel like bs sometime (such as act 6) but the acts after that become way more enjoyable and easier, apart from 9.1, i’d say act 6 was more fun then 9.1 but 9.1 is still easier.

The game does rely on revives yes, but can be done without. Kabam wants you to spend time on a quest and do them throughout a set period of time so that you don’t run out of things to do. So if you want to do a specific content and think you need revives, then grind arena for units and apothecary + 22 hour challenges.

Don’t get me wrong, if the game feels too much of a grind that can become an issue too. Which is why they have done several things to reduce that such as making event quest simpler, reducing the paths in event quest, reducing the paths in story quest, reducing difficulty in story quest, in their new long form content crucible they added a second questing team function and mentioned this will be implemented in future long form content, daily super event which will make a comeback this November.

Addition to this they’ve done several things to promote bottom tittle progression by making a lot of spending events like 4th of july, cyber etc cater to lower progression more then higher, made banquet a paradise for lower account progression and given more opportunities for lower accounts to get rarities higher then they previously would have (uncollected can get a lot of 6*) and finally also revamping older acts to be easier and have better rewards.

🤔 This is deep.
    The funny thing is I haven't used units to buy anything other than revives, I guess I'm just that bad 😅
    Did you seriously reply to your own comment damn you really must be out for attention.
    Dharak said:

Flavyjay said:

Flavyjay said:

Lokx said:

No offence, but you sound like you got drowned in instant gratification with some games giving you exactly what you want with no effort to the point that a bit of hard work makes you feel like your climbing.

Earlier acts are somewhat harder and does feel like bs sometime (such as act 6) but the acts after that become way more enjoyable and easier, apart from 9.1, i’d say act 6 was more fun then 9.1 but 9.1 is still easier.

The game does rely on revives yes, but can be done without. Kabam wants you to spend time on a quest and do them throughout a set period of time so that you don’t run out of things to do. So if you want to do a specific content and think you need revives, then grind arena for units and apothecary + 22 hour challenges.

Don’t get me wrong, if the game feels too much of a grind that can become an issue too. Which is why they have done several things to reduce that such as making event quest simpler, reducing the paths in event quest, reducing the paths in story quest, reducing difficulty in story quest, in their new long form content crucible they added a second questing team function and mentioned this will be implemented in future long form content, daily super event which will make a comeback this November.

Addition to this they’ve done several things to promote bottom tittle progression by making a lot of spending events like 4th of july, cyber etc cater to lower progression more then higher, made banquet a paradise for lower account progression and given more opportunities for lower accounts to get rarities higher then they previously would have (uncollected can get a lot of 6*) and finally also revamping older acts to be easier and have better rewards.

🤔 This is deep.
    The funny thing is I haven't used units to buy anything other than revives, I guess I'm just that bad 😅
    Did you seriously reply to your own comment damn you really must be out for attention.
    🤦 Did you even see the comments that reply quoted.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,298 Guardian
    Flavyjay said:

Flavyjay said:

Lokx said:

🤔 This is deep.
    I haven’t spent anything to buy revives since my prep for Necropolis (that I ended up not really needing anyway).

And it’s not that I’m so good I don’t need revives, it’s just that since you can easily farm 60 revives or more every month there’s just not enough difficult content every month that can exhaust my supply of revives.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    I would say this , try developing anything u will release 2 new feature every month on Play Store.

Mcoc - 2 champ ,normal eq ,sq etc + other ways to generate money lol.

How do u think games run 😂
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,557 ★★★★
    Kabam has been milking whales for
    10’years.. or in general dominating mobile games for along time.

You should see other marvel games like strike force or future fight lol

Your point?
    DNA3000 said:

Flavyjay said:

Revives should cost gold.
    There should be a guarantee system on featured crystals.
    There should be a restart button for fight, and an undo button for quests.
    Allow players to take multiple quest even if we have to use other champions other than the one's that are being used on previous quest.
    And nerf that Serpent b**tard

Plus, I'm going to be candid here. There is no possible way a player could have left the game for over two years, come back in the last two weeks, and have *any* opinion of The Serpent. A player who was gone for over two years and has been playing for just the past two weeks would be getting killed by Destroyer, Bullseye, Enchantress, Onslaught, Photon, and probably Attuma, Spidey Supreme, Maestro, AMF, and AbsMan. Until you can beat all those other guys, Serpent doesn't stand out as a defender.

A returning player with an informed opinion might complain about the significant jump in difficulty defenders have evolved over the past few years. They would have no way to know there was anything particularly difficult about Serpent, or where precisely that difficulty manifested, unless they were just parroting other people's complaints.
    I have been exploring The game non stop for the past two weeks and I have fought Photo, Atuma, Enchantress and Serpent,
    At first enchantress was annoying but as I fought her constantly I learnt how to defeat her, photon I fought her just once though she did beat the **** out of me i was able to get by with Nick, as for Serpent i have fought him a lot in battle grounds and that guy is insanely annoying and there's Atuma I have also been engaging with him in the latest quest.
    Flavyjay said:

DNA3000 said:

Flavyjay said:

Allow players to take multiple quest even if we have to use other champions other than the one's that are being used on previous quest.

Plus, I'm going to be candid here. There is no possible way a player could have left the game for over two years, come back in the last two weeks, and have *any* opinion of The Serpent. A player who was gone for over two years and has been playing for just the past two weeks would be getting killed by Destroyer, Bullseye, Enchantress, Onslaught, Photon, and probably Attuma, Spidey Supreme, Maestro, AMF, and AbsMan. Until you can beat all those other guys, Serpent doesn't stand out as a defender.

A returning player with an informed opinion might complain about the significant jump in difficulty defenders have evolved over the past few years. They would have no way to know there was anything particularly difficult about Serpent, or where precisely that difficulty manifested, unless they were just parroting other people's complaints.
    I have been exploring The game non stop for the past two weeks and I have fought Photo, Atuma, Enchantress and Serpent,
    At first enchantress was annoying but as I fought her constantly I learnt how to defeat her, photon I fought her just once though she did beat the **** out of me i was able to get by with Nick, as for Serpent i have fought him a lot in battle grounds and that guy is insanely annoying and there's Atuma I have also been engaging with him in the latest quest.
    So you're telling me in just two weeks you've fought all of those defenders and figured out how to beat them, all except Serpent of course, and you're complaining because revives are too expensive and you want the ability to restart quest paths if you make a mistake?

Sure.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 ★★
    Flavyjay said:

I left MCOC due to it's difficulty for 3 or 2+ years, and I came back for it's 10 years anniversary after 2 weeks of constant play and upkeep I can safely say Kabam is Too greedy, and this is coming from someone who plays tons of gacha games and I don't actually condem spending money on a f2p game but kabam is actually very stupid, and it all boils down to it's progression.
    Basically you need units to progress the main story, because you have to buy revives that cost units combine that with the fact that when ever there's a reward it's tied to your progression and you can't progress without unit don't even get me started on PVP. Some nodes require specific champions, some champions require specific counters, that in it's self locks you out of the quest, so you'll have to cheese but this game being 2 dimensional makes cheesing near impossible, I mean there's a node where the enemies will not throw their specials till it's on the Sp3 even taunting them doesn't work.
    During my 3 year break other games I played had their fair share of difficulties but there was always a way out, but MCOC locks you on a specific quest, making it impossible to do other quest while you're locked on one, the 20% revives aren't actually available to buy because they know it will be dirt cheap and people will use it to cheese and there's no guarantees for champions when you do spend money to get them, making those crystals worthless.
    Solutions:

I didn’t read all of this, but based off of the title alone… I raise you Bungie during the Destiny 2 years.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,072 ★★★★★
    Another @Charliejiggens alt account post?

Flavyjay said:

That's actually not true. I think players often forget that Kabam actually makes the game. The whole game. And all the stuff in it. If you could restart a fight when you died, Kabam would not just sit back and wait for everyone to plow through everything for free and then go find the nearest unemployment line. That's not how this works. If there was some edict from Netmarble headquarters ordering them to allow players to restart fights a certain number of times when they made a mistake they would just make the fights harder.

Kabam makes the rules, and Kabam balances the resources around those rules. When we could farm unlimited revives, Kabam had to design content for a world where revives were practically unlimited. Now that we can't, content can be designed in a world where revives are limited. Resources are balanced around resource sinks. The difference is, if you allow *some* players to have unlimited resources, then the content will become extremely punishing to those players who can't farm those resources. If you give everyone mulligans on every fight, the content will become far more difficult to beat to compensate.

Imagine content that is designed so that no matter how many times you restart it and no matter how many revives you use, it is still hard. Think 6.2 Champion, the OG edition. That's the sort of stuff the devs have to make in a world where resources are easy and retries are convenient.

For the players who currently rely on using things like revives to overcome content that is a bit too difficult for them, cheap revives or easy restarts would be the worst thing ever to happen to the game. Because when the things they use to beat content today become too easy to use, the game would change to make them become useless.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,559 ★★★★★

Flavyjay said:

Flavyjay said:

Easiest option, use a champ that is immune to buffs. There's a few of them. Next easiest, don't dex, just block. Third option, use an XL champ. Fourth option, Hulk Ragnarok, Blade, or another champ that benefits from the degen or reduces ability accuracy.
    Aar also works
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    I respectfully disagree. Just last week we all got 1500 units, which is 37.5 revives. We get 1 revive for quest and 1 for objectives everyday. You can do all types of content completely for free - even Necropolis.

On top of that, the game has easily grindable in-game currency and no ads whatsoever
    I think I have made a mistake posting this here, very few people here actually gave sound arguments and made me change my mind about certain things while others either twist my words or make things up. I posted this because I have been quite frustrated with the difficulty on my end.
    Buttehrs said:

Flavyjay said:

Flavyjay said:

Aar also works
    Yep, that's why I included any champ that reduces ability accuracy.
    edited September 14
    DNA3000 said:

Flavyjay said:

That's actually not true. I think players often forget that Kabam actually makes the game. The whole game. And all the stuff in it. If you could restart a fight when you died, Kabam would not just sit back and wait for everyone to plow through everything for free and then go find the nearest unemployment line. That's not how this works. If there was some edict from Netmarble headquarters ordering them to allow players to restart fights a certain number of times when they made a mistake they would just make the fights harder.

Kabam makes the rules, and Kabam balances the resources around those rules. When we could farm unlimited revives, Kabam had to design content for a world where revives were practically unlimited. Now that we can't, content can be designed in a world where revives are limited. Resources are balanced around resource sinks. The difference is, if you allow *some* players to have unlimited resources, then the content will become extremely punishing to those players who can't farm those resources. If you give everyone mulligans on every fight, the content will become far more difficult to beat to compensate.

Imagine content that is designed so that no matter how many times you restart it and no matter how many revives you use, it is still hard. Think 6.2 Champion, the OG edition. That's the sort of stuff the devs have to make in a world where resources are easy and retries are convenient.

For the players who currently rely on using things like revives to overcome content that is a bit too difficult for them, cheap revives or easy restarts would be the worst thing ever to happen to the game. Because when the things they use to beat content today become too easy to use, the game would change to make them become useless.
    I agree with everything you've said here, but it doesn't make what I said untrue. In the context of the current game, making a change like OP suggested would do exactly as I said - make everything too easy. If they made the change, then yes, they would have to adjust accordingly as you stated.
    To both of our points, overcorrecting to a level that OP wants will not results in a solution, only a new problem that needs to be solved. Like I said, steeper consequences.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    I think this is more of a preparation issue than anything. If you know how to get ahold of revives you really don’t need more than just the basic skills like parry dex and maybe baiting heavies. You can hold up to 68 revives from doing the apothecary + 22h event every day for 34 days, which is a long time but I doubt you need 68 for one quest. Now add in units if needed and buy the eq completion deals or the end of chapter deals in acts 6 & 7 and you will have more than enough for anything.

I will die on the hill that act 6 is a preparation ask much more than a skill ask. Skill will help, roster size will help, but if you don’t know how to get ahold of revives you’ll have a much more difficult time than needed.

I think this is more of a preparation issue than anything. If you know how to get ahold of revives you really don’t need more than just the basic skills like parry dex and maybe baiting heavies. You can hold up to 68 revives from doing the apothecary + 22h event every day for 34 days, which is a long time but I doubt you need 68 for one quest. Now add in units if needed and buy the eq completion deals or the end of chapter deals in acts 6 & 7 and you will have more than enough for anything.

I will die on the hill that act 6 is a preparation ask much more than a skill ask. Skill will help, roster size will help, but if you don’t know how to get ahold of revives you’ll have a much more difficult time than needed.

Thanks I will try to do that.