Summer of suffering week 4

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★

Why are there so many shock immune nodes now. It’s making nimrod obsolete, I couldn’t even use him in 9.1 where he should’ve been excelling.

U cant use him here anyway as if u remove the regen u die its a anti nimrod fight for a reason no cheese
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    I used Hulkling for Kree. That AI is on steroids. Ugh.

Can deathless vision even do this fight?

Yeah i could of soloed or 1 revived but u basically try to keep damage up while it keeps resetting since u need to a lot spam sp1 try reach sp2 asap repeat pretty much is what i learnt
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

Can deathless vision even do this fight?

He was gaining prowess way too fast when I was using him
  • DickGrayson79DickGrayson79 Member Posts: 2
    Emilia90 said:

Does anyone used hulk for xl objective?

Soloed with him. He hits like a truck but man, toad just turtles up

I kept taking burst damage with hulk.
    Emilia90 said:

3 minutes of this was just baiting specials. Just Dvis objective now, what a slog

Also my rewards were a 7* war machine dupe and BP. Love this game so much

I got sauron second dup which is eugh for the time it took to get my 11 points as i skipped a week
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    This fight is just so stupidly annoying.
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 414 ★★★
    could have been a great fight if not for that stupid unpredictable passive-aggressive AI

got solo with 7* rank 3 HULK

1 revive with hulkling
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    - ez solo with Vox for kree
    - 2 revives with Dust for S and Control: Denial (possible in 1 revive or less, I just didn't bother trying for it)
    - ez solo with Juggs for XL and Defensive: Tank
  • ReptoidReptoid Member Posts: 45
    edited September 25
    Juggs probably the easiest objective, free intercepts and no reverse controls, even Toad's horrible AI was no match for him.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 930 ★★★★
    Had a few attempts with Shocker & Scorpion but AI was not cooperative at all. Switched to Hulkling. Used typical hulkling sp2 rotation & died. Repeat 3 times until fight over. Fantastic AI
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    Used Dust now for another objective, was somehow able to outdamage with boosts and my R3 but still didn't feel right. My 6* Viv looked good but she's low ranked so couldn't use. I m not finding a proper cheese option for this one.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,083 ★★★★★
    16 points in this week is enough for getting max points in guantlet right? The size S objective is too restrictive (I believe we had the same objective in one of the previous weeks). Vision actually works great for thie fight if AI cooperates (Easy heal block, miss helps with intercept, power control reduces number of specials, can parry and miss specials).
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

- ez solo with Vox for kree
    - 2 revives with Dust for S and Control: Denial (possible in 1 revive or less, I just didn't bother trying for it)
    - ez solo with Juggs for XL and Defensive: Tank

The ez here is just hyperbole btw, the AI was god awful so I spent more time raging than I did punching him.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Juggernaut for my first objective. Reverse control immunity meant I only needed to worry about Root; and the Unstoppable made intercepting easy enough. Took 1 revive.

G2099 on my 2nd objective. Non-crit meant Toad's prowess gain was slower, so easier to manage. Heavied a bunch in beginning to stock up on combo shield, then mainly focused on SP1 power drain to minimize the amount of specials I had to deal with. Intercepted as needed, with my Miss providing a little safety net for taking too much hits. Took an Unblockable special on which took me down to 7% health, but then regen kicked in and allowed me to continue onward for the solo.

Shocker for my 3rd objective. Again Non-crit helps, but Shocker is able to remove prowess on his own kit as well. 1 revive, but essentially it seemed like I just needed 3 100 charge heavies to take out. You have to plan out your spacing so your SP2 doesn't just put Toad against the wall.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,083 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Juggernaut for my first objective. Reverse control immunity meant I only needed to worry about Root; and the Unstoppable made intercepting easy enough. Took 1 revive.

G2099 on my 2nd objective. Non-crit meant Toad's prowess gain was slower, so easier to manage. Heavied a bunch in beginning to stock up on combo shield, then mainly focused on SP1 power drain to minimize the amount of specials I had to deal with. Intercepted as needed, with my Miss providing a little safety net for taking too much hits. Took an Unblockable special on which took me down to 7% health, but then regen kicked in and allowed me to continue onward for the solo.

Shocker for my 3rd objective. Again Non-crit helps, but Shocker is able to remove prowess on his own kit as well. 1 revive, but essentially it seemed like I just needed 3 100 charge heavies to take out. You have to plan out your spacing so your SP2 doesn't just put Toad against the wall.

With shocker (6* r5 or 7* r2), one 150 and one 100 charge heavy can do the trick. The charges also help autoblocking any specials if you mess up.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    edited September 25

Shocker is a monster in this fight. Can invalidate prowess, can autoblock specials if you mess up the timing. One heavy at 150 charges and one heavy at 100 charges can easily end the fight.

This fight should take 2 mins with ideal AI, but yeah, it is what it is.

Thanks for this, Shocker one was atleast fun.
    My summary:
    Overseer: 6 revives
    Dust: 4 revives
    Shocker: 3 revives
    This is statistically my worst SoS. In all SoS i do find a cheese option but i couldn't in this one. Let me chill and see some MSD solos now.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 482 ★★★

16 points in this week is enough for getting max points in guantlet right? The size S objective is too restrictive (I believe we had the same objective in one of the previous weeks). Vision actually works great for thie fight if AI cooperates (Easy heal block, miss helps with intercept, power control reduces number of specials, can parry and miss specials).

Yes. You're good
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    altavista said:

@altavista is your jugs duped? Trying to decide between my R2 Juggs and R2 Hulk for that objective. Neither are duped.
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 341 ★★
    I took burst damage with a Higgs and Angela. What are these random heal blocks that just pop up. Every time I start the fight a heal block comes up?