Summer of suffering week 4

Comments

• Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

altavista said:

Juggernaut for my first objective. Reverse control immunity meant I only needed to worry about Root; and the Unstoppable made intercepting easy enough. Took 1 revive.

G2099 on my 2nd objective. Non-crit meant Toad's prowess gain was slower, so easier to manage. Heavied a bunch in beginning to stock up on combo shield, then mainly focused on SP1 power drain to minimize the amount of specials I had to deal with. Intercepted as needed, with my Miss providing a little safety net for taking too much hits. Took an Unblockable special on which took me down to 7% health, but then regen kicked in and allowed me to continue onward for the solo.

Shocker for my 3rd objective. Again Non-crit helps, but Shocker is able to remove prowess on his own kit as well. 1 revive, but essentially it seemed like I just needed 3 100 charge heavies to take out. You have to plan out your spacing so your SP2 doesn't just put Toad against the wall.

@altavista is your jugs duped? Trying to decide between my R2 Juggs and R2 Hulk for that objective. Neither are duped.
    Juggs' dupe does not matter for this fight. Go for it.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Rofl is there an actual way to know if im gonna be rooted or reverse controlled?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Got a solo with my guilly 2099 finally
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Member Posts: 472 ★★★

Rofl is there an actual way to know if im gonna be rooted or reverse controlled?

It alternated every SP
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,283 ★★★★
    Did it with hulkling and got my r2 spot to sig 60
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 411 ★★★

There’s an icon in the HUD. It’s grey / red. Hand for root, weird head icon for RC.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★

altavista said:

Juggernaut for my first objective. Reverse control immunity meant I only needed to worry about Root; and the Unstoppable made intercepting easy enough. Took 1 revive.

G2099 on my 2nd objective. Non-crit meant Toad's prowess gain was slower, so easier to manage. Heavied a bunch in beginning to stock up on combo shield, then mainly focused on SP1 power drain to minimize the amount of specials I had to deal with. Intercepted as needed, with my Miss providing a little safety net for taking too much hits. Took an Unblockable special on which took me down to 7% health, but then regen kicked in and allowed me to continue onward for the solo.

Shocker for my 3rd objective. Again Non-crit helps, but Shocker is able to remove prowess on his own kit as well. 1 revive, but essentially it seemed like I just needed 3 100 charge heavies to take out. You have to plan out your spacing so your SP2 doesn't just put Toad against the wall.

@altavista is your jugs duped? Trying to decide between my R2 Juggs and R2 Hulk for that objective. Neither are duped.
    Juggs' dupe does not matter for this fight. Go for it.
    Thanks @Sachhyam257
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 237 ★★
    Ok fight, used Hulk, Dust and Hulkling
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★
    Viv is as near an ideal counter as there is for this fight, invalidates prowess on heavy, gets reverse controls immunity after sp3, heal block on medium combo ender, plus the phase let's you get your opening even with the stun immune thing. 1 revive because I suck
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,283 ★★★★
    edited September 25
    Ortoun said:

Viv is as near an ideal counter as there is for this fight, invalidates prowess on heavy, gets reverse controls immunity after sp3, heal block on medium combo ender, plus the phase let's you get your opening even with the stun immune thing. 1 revive because I suck

*JLordVileJ smiles at his r4 ascended viv*
  • Hulk808Hulk808 Member Posts: 84
    Used Viv, Hulk, Hulkling, and of course Vision
  • TrongNovTrongNov Member Posts: 297 ★★★
    Juggs is a cheese code. Hulkling is the best for me as of Kree tag, equipped with a 200% cosmic power gain. I struggled with Guillotine 2099 bc after she died each time, she needed to build her combo again to at least 100 to outdamage Toad's regen. I guess Viv would be easier for counter denial S objective.
    To make the fight cheap, they throw in that inverted control node, which surely costs you some great amount of health. You need to be very lucky to not get hit once while he's in inverted control mode.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    Jeez why is Toad refusing to throw his sp1. Annoying as hell.
  • N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 130
    Used Hulk and Hulkling so far and the DVision fight, all with a handful of revives

When I was spamming SP1, I was taking burst damage for Hulk like I was getting the node for heal block. Any ideas?

Lastly, for those using Dust, any pointers? Only getting 20% down max and feel like I should be doing better.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    Got my other 2 solos with Vox and Guilly 99. I conceded with Deathless Vision and used 3 revives for him. Not bad overall.

General advice, play patiently. Toad’s AI sucks and I’ve had many runs die because I got greedy and made a risky play hoping to get an intercept or squeeze some extra damage out. Back off when necessary to get Toad out of the corner (where he’ll constantly trigger regen/prowess) and just mentally reset yourself. If you’re using a poison immune, I strongly suggest pushing Toad to sp2 when the reverse controls special is up as a way to more reliably remove his prowesses than intercepting and avoid the stun (don’t do it when root is active bc I don’t think you can dex sp2 while rooted).

For Deathless Vision specifically, you know how Juggs can get a “free” intercept by blocking a dash attack while unstoppable and immediately retaliating? Vision can do the same thing with his phase, so use that as a way to remove Toad’s prowesses when possible.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 283 ★★★

Used Hulk and Hulkling so far and the DVision fight, all with a handful of revives

When I was spamming SP1, I was taking burst damage for Hulk like I was getting the node for heal block. Any ideas?

Lastly, for those using Dust, any pointers? Only getting 20% down max and feel like I should be doing better.

You run pacify? The AAR from that while he’s stunned will prevent Toad’s regen, which means taking a burst of damage from the node. If you’re using Hulk it’s probably be a good idea to disable that for this fight. Also the burst damage does NOT trigger off of heal block, just abilities that prevent the regen from triggering or outright remove it.
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,740 ★★★★★
    Okay this is ridiculous. This fight would be easy if toad would ever throw his special attacks. I’ve spend more time baiting specials actually fighting.
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 576 ★★★
    I used hulkling and did one revive
    I then did it with viv and this is where things go wrong. I spend 7 revives because I suck with viv and ai is so annoying.
    I tried doing the other objective with my 6 star r3 hulk but then just decided to f it and revive through with venom. 7 revives.

For context, I was able to do all 9 objectives up to this point with 11 revives (sounds like a lot but I’m doing this for the first time and overall apart from 4 revives on photon with zemo it hasn’t been that bad)

The ai sucks on this fight
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★
    edited September 25
    iHulk is pretty good if you're lucky with the timings and stuns.

Although all the AI bugs and Toad abilities bugs are still present. Shame on this really
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Im back on the death train after a great ai using guilly 2099 back to not allowed to intercept and not throwing specials like why is he coded differently with each objective like intercepting with vision wasnt bad but specials was guilly he threw specials and easy to intercept destroyer he coward and now trying vox and hes cowarding away
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★

altavista said:

Used a 7R2 Juggernaut, duped.

My Shocker was 7R1, and G2099 7R2
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 484 ★★★
    altavista said:

altavista said:

Used a 7R2 Juggernaut, duped.

My Shocker was 7R1, and G2099 7R2
    Yeh I used Juggs, got him to 25% on first try but spent so long baiting specials I could be bothered to try for a solo....

Like, toads AI isn't passive at all so wtf has Kabam done to this one??

Anyone at Kabam MAYBE wanna weigh in a little?
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    Had fun with Juggs and Shocker. Definitely not fun with Deathless Vision and Viv Vision.

Like many got a crappy 7* pull - more sigs on my Mysterio.

Time to take a breath - Hope Gauntlet is better.
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 341 ★★
    Squidopus said:

You run pacify? The AAR from that while he’s stunned will prevent Toad’s regen, which means taking a burst of damage from the node. If you’re using Hulk it’s probably be a good idea to disable that for this fight. Also the burst damage does NOT trigger off of heal block, just abilities that prevent the regen from triggering or outright remove it.
    I have 0 points in pacify and it was happening to me too. There are these random heal blocks that just pop up

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

Squidopus said:

I have 0 points in pacify and it was happening to me too. There are these random heal blocks that just pop up

That one is at the beginning to prevent him to heal back from the previous percentage if you revived.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★

Yeah - must be nice to have an awakened R3 CMM who apparently has the secret ability to keep toad from throwing his SP3 for half the fight
    Hey I guess she does! He picked her for a reason 😆
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 341 ★★

Grub88 said:

Squidopus said:

That one is at the beginning to prevent him to heal back from the previous percentage if you revived.
    Yeah ok well that node is possibly bugged because I had it happen to me with juggs and angela and like I said I have no pacify masteries