**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Synergies on AW Defense [Under Investigation]

Comments

• Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey all. This is still being looked into, and the team is hoping to have some insight into the root cause shortly. Again, I'll post an update asap. Thanks!

Wanted to check since it wasn't in the patch notes for 17.0, this is still not fixed?
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Synergies, or at least unique synergies, should never work in AWD. Unique synergies add powerful abilities to champs and once champ portraits are hidden again, you would have no way to plan for these situations. This adds a whole new level of random to war offence and can result in almost impossible matchups in some cases unless you bring some very specific champs. For example, if you place MS with meph synergy on a power start 1 node, she'd have an L3 ready to at the beginning of the fight, or place ant man with doc ock and he's a walking thorns node. You'd have no way to avoid or prepare for such fights

I think this is more of a point against OP synergies than synergies in AWD. Yondu + NC/Beast is clearly a defensive minded synergy and it's BS that it's not working properly. If you see a science node and don't bring ability reduction, then that's on you. I'd assume it was spidey or electro, so Antman with thorn dmg wouldn't ruin anything for me in that regard. MS synergy with Mephisto gives 2 bars or 1? Either way, those should be changed if it's that OP that people can start with full power. If they just start with 2, then it's no different than OG Vision on a 1 bar node.

All that is fine except that other than AA, no other champ can reduce ant man's ability accuracy. Place him on any bleed/poison immune node, and AA is useless. Place him on any bleed/poison node and the only way you'll survive I'd if you get very lucky with bleed procs. Same if he's placed on an all or nothing node
  • Options
    Vegeta9001_Vegeta9001_ Posts: 38
    edited February 2018
    It may seem bad to say, but I have a sneaky suspicion that this has just been swept under the rug and ignored. Some synergies look like they're solely built for Alliance War defence, and the Synergies still don't work on Defence. Lel.
  • Options
    V17 has been released but this synergy issue was not in release notes that I could see... Be a real shame not to have this fixed asap considering people would be spending resources to rank up champs in order to strategically deploy some synergies.
  • Options
    Any updates @Kabam Wolf
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    With AW seasons about to start I don't see how this has NOT been addressed. AW is about to take on significantly more importance yet we sit here without know if synergies will continue to be useless. That is unacceptable.
  • Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Kabam this DEFINITELY needs a real.update. Send out a message. Pin to top of the forum. Pretend to care!!!!
    The 1st AW season starts and no synergies???
    All the new champs released have.unique synergies that are relevant for placing Defenders.

This should be considered a MAJOR issue. Make an announcement to all people participating in AW.
    Most people do not know Synergies do Not work for AW defense.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I think the season should be postponed until this issue is fixed. Too many people have ranked and place champs that they erroneously think are working as advertised on defense.

Without these unique synergies, lots of people would not have ranked up certain champs to use as defenders. At least release a statement prior to the new season starting today acknowledging in game where everyone can see that synergies are not working at this time.
  • Options
    So I take it we will NOT get an update on this prior to kickoff of the season today?

Not cool at all.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    crickets.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    sbb75 wrote: »
    Kabam this DEFINITELY needs a real.update. Send out a message. Pin to top of the forum. Pretend to care!!!!
    The 1st AW season starts and no synergies???
    All the new champs released have.unique synergies that are relevant for placing Defenders.

This should be considered a MAJOR issue. Make an announcement to all people participating in AW.
    Most people do not know Synergies do Not work for AW defense.

Seriously. I see alot of Black Bolts and Karnaks placed with Medusa for no reason whatsoever. Announce this already.
  • Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Can @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Wolf answer the very simple question.
    Are AW defender synergies currently working or not working???

Just answer that for now... Right now I don't care if the team is looking it or not.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Don't worry guys. It's not like AW really matters or anything. No reason to care if your defense is good.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    sbb75 wrote: »
    Can @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Wolf answer the very simple question.
    Are AW defender synergies currently working or not working???

Just answer that for now... Right now I don't care if the team is looking it or not.

We already know they aren't...
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to chime in to confirm that this is being looked at. We'll post an update once we have a fix version. Thanks!

any update here? Season just started and synergies are still broken. Seems like a big deal.....
  • Options
    PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    edited February 2018
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to chime in to confirm that this is being looked at. We'll post an update once we have a fix version. Thanks!

any update here? Season just started and synergies are still broken. Seems like a big deal.....

Yes, this one aspect can completely change multiple team member strategies for war defenders in my alliance. With War Season's starting we A.) need this fixed, but B.) need to know one way or the other right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    My concern is why is this MAJOR issue being overlooked in light of it's importance? I know there are other things going on, but with seasons carrying such importance there is no reason that this issue should still exist, all the while we are conveniently being ignored on this subject for an extended period of time. Either you're working on a fix or not. Be transparent with us so that we can be sure to maximize our own growth in this game. It's the right thing to do. It's been two weeks since even a token "hey we're still looking" message and over a month of it being a reported issue. Unacceptable.
  • Options
    I think the biggest issue is that some of these new synergies are just too OP for war defense with defenders hidden. That Ant-Man/Doc Ock is a monster synergy for defense, but probably too much for a boss node.
  • Options
    Ash_iz_HamAsh_iz_Ham Posts: 34
    Why would they put a synergy like this in the game then? It’s obviously not an offensive synergy..
  • Options
    Unfortunately we probably won't get an answer on this any time soon. It'll fall by the way alongside the infamous "pure skill" debacle
  • Options
    New alliance war season starts with no updates about this.... do any synergys even work? There's basically no way for us to even tell with 95% of synergies unless open communication can be made with opposing alliance and that sure won't happen. @Kabam Miike throw us a bone here. This is quite a game changing issue that needed to be corrected over a week ago.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah seriously these war defenders have all been a broken product for way too long. Please do a better job of ensure that what your selling is working as advertised.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I don’t want defensive synergies to work frankly. They got rid of the “bs” nodes like thorns/slashed tires, and now you people want to add back in a bs synergy like ant man/doc ock? This is crazy. Do you enjoy spending items and units for stuff that is entirely beyond your control? At least with thorns, you could bypass with the right champs. Like someone said earlier, won’t he ock/ant man synergy, it’s just pure damage and there’s no way around it really.
  • Options
    Run477 wrote: »
    I don’t want defensive synergies to work frankly. They got rid of the “bs” nodes like thorns/slashed tires, and now you people want to add back in a bs synergy like ant man/doc ock? This is crazy. Do you enjoy spending items and units for stuff that is entirely beyond your control? At least with thorns, you could bypass with the right champs. Like someone said earlier, won’t he ock/ant man synergy, it’s just pure damage and there’s no way around it really.

How about they just remove the BS ones like they did for Void? Extra block pen, armor, power gain, etc. aren't that bad. Extra bar of power to start that stacks with node power, a mobile thorn node that could be placed on a global bleed/poison or boss node, and things like that are too much.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »

Yeah this is just silly, war is the main competition I’m the game and players have grinded and spent to acquire a bunch of broken champs not working as advertised. Pretty sad it’s been broken as long as it’s been and even worse that multiple times we were assured that things were working when they clearly weren’t.
  • Options
    J_SlapJ_Slap Posts: 67
    Bump