**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Synergies on AW Defense [Under Investigation]

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    like the trinity synergy, right?

If anyone uses the trinity synergy on defense they can give me those champs
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    It is best that they are not fixed. Some of the unique synergies will be too much to handle in AW

I disagree. I don't really know of a synergy that would be too overpowering. Difficult, maybe.

I dont mean this in a confrontational way, but convince me otherwise. Maybe theres a synergy I missed.

Until a Dormammu boss revives on you.
    Or you go up against a Thorns Antman on a poison/bleed node.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    It is best that they are not fixed. Some of the unique synergies will be too much to handle in AW

I disagree. I don't really know of a synergy that would be too overpowering. Difficult, maybe.

I dont mean this in a confrontational way, but convince me otherwise. Maybe theres a synergy I missed.

I've been told by people who saw the revive mechanic (not dorm, I don't think, and not a boss) That it doesn't give much health and only has a 10% chance. If it happens mid combo, sometime's its not noticeable in arena.

The Antman/Dr Oc synergy doesn't work well in practice. It only reflects GLANCING damage, which is low to begin with and doesn't happen every hit. Test it out, the damage is pathetic.

Annoying, but not game breaking. Got anything else?
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

I've been told by people who saw the revive mechanic (not dorm, I don't think, and not a boss) That it doesn't give much health and only has a 10% chance. If it happens mid combo, sometime's its not noticeable in arena.

The Antman/Dr Oc synergy doesn't work well in practice. It only reflects GLANCING damage, which is low to begin with and doesn't happen every hit. Test it out, the damage is pathetic.

Medusa 6 fury buffs
    Killmonger, Void, BPCW synergy
    Sentinel can stack some heavy resistances with some good defenders

I'm sure there is a few more and while I mainly agree that defensive synergies should work I find it funny that once they do this thread will just be replaced by another thread asking for them not to work.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

Depending how you stack your team, he (or any non robot villain) could revive multiple times which could be an issue on boss fights. But tbh if offensive synergies work then defensive synergies should work. War would be a very different story if synergies were broken all around.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    The added difficulty from synergies working would be nice and possibly force teams to consider the increase in difficulty (to reduce attack bonuses) over max diversity. Almost every war we are in ends with 100% completion all around, max diversity on both sides and a few attack bonuses are the only difference.
  • Options
    PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    @Kabam Miike With the announcement of War season 2, we really, really need an answer on war synergies. It doesn't even matter what the answer is. We just need to know what is working and what isn't so we can plan our teams and strategies.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike With the announcement of War season 2, we really, really need an answer on war synergies. It doesn't even matter what the answer is. We just need to know what is working and what isn't so we can plan our teams and strategies.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,633 ★★★★★
    4 month old thread (which means the problem has existed for longer than that) and still no update?
  • Options
    Zakonn1Zakonn1 Posts: 30
    @PeacockJazz ,
    Riegel wrote: »
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60252/aw-synergies-update-and-further-discussion/p1

This was the last update from Kabam. Quote was taken from another thread.

In short unique synergies do not work in war defense yet.
  • Options
    Kabam - I do not care if the synergies are working, not working, or if you don't even know. War Season 2 starts today though and we really need an answer on where the synergies stand. Please let the community know which synergies work, which ones don't, and which ones you are unsure on. We all spend a lot of time planning war offensive and defensive strategies, and synergies is one of the key variables in those equations. LET US KNOW EITHER WAY BUT THE COMMUNITY DESERVES AN ANSWER ON THIS!
  • Options
    CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    Just wondering if there is an update to this thread that was started in December of 2017.

Greetings from May 19, 2018.
  • Options
    tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    i think this part of the game is broken for a long time. too many updates added to repair this bug. it will take too much staff time to fix. just look forward to the new bugs in the net update. lol
  • Options
    alexftwalexftw Posts: 2
    Bump
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Still no word ? Guess I shouldn't be surprised that they haven't said anything either way.