**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• MahvelMahvel Posts: 67
    This also adds way more rng and money to the prestige game.
  • RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    Any chance we'll see those champs that are currently missing from the 5 star pool added like Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, WWII Cap, OG Daredevil, Doctor Strange, etc?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Guys think of the best positive here 18 champs 6 will be featured and the others will be chosen based off the most used instead of low performers. I personally never liked the featured always had bad luck so a change is always good in some way.
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, will the new 5* featured crystal will have an equal chance at all champions in the pool or have an 'increased' chance at certain champions as the current 15k 5* crystal does? Also, does this mean the sub-feature pool is going away?

There will be an equal chance for every Champion in this Crystal. No increased chance for any particular Champion.

*pulls double iron patriots*

Haha, my 2 medusa pulls were BPCW. Within seconds of each other. What are the odds of that.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    So in lamens terms, it’s back to the old days of only those who spend a small fortune can get new champs before us peasants who attempt to earn them instead? @Kabam Miike fair play to you for keeping a straight face lol.
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    Sorry to repeat @Kabam Miike but could you clarify, this seems insane if I’ve got this right...

So am I understanding this right, when a new champ is released in 4* arena it could potentially be almost 3 months before he’s available as a 5* in a featured crystal at a 1 in 24 chance if his arena is early in the 3 month cycle?

Yes, this is correct. You will be able to win them in the Grandmaster Featured Hero Crystal, but some Champions will not make it into the Featured Hero Crystal for some time.

Hey not even people with jobs are guaranteed to get a featured out of a GMC, I've seen people online spend 600$ on featured GMCs and not get one 5*
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Miike, can I explicitly ask if the changes to the crystal, the actual changes and timing are in any way connected to the Apple ‘loot box’ odds display issues?

Just it’s the first time I’ve seen you talk in clear and certain terms like this about chances of pulling a champ.
  • 2one2one Posts: 5
    Just gotta love the changes that say buy units or drop way behind the rest of the players willing to spend...again
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Ron_H wrote: »
    lol if you carefully read it..it the intentions are verry clear. people saved up 5* shards and got the newest champ as 5* for free. Now you can only get the newest 5* champs version from grandmaster featured crystal.. so with other words no more free featured 5*..now you have to spend 300 units for each crystal if you want the 5* version of the new released champ.

300 units for a 3*
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    lol if you carefully read it..it the intentions are verry clear. people saved up 5* shards and got the newest champ as 5* for free. Now you can only get the newest 5* champs version from grandmaster featured crystal for 300 units each.. so want the new 5*..fork over those $$
  • Vulkan7Vulkan7 Posts: 17
    Dagonelle wrote: »
    So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

What’s the point? The only way that the new featured crystal is better than the old one is if the old featured crystal had odds worse than 1 in 18 which is what the new one is. I’ve got to say I’m disappointed

The original Featured Hero Crystal had one purpose, and that was because it was originally the only chance you had at a 5-Star Champion, and potentially meant that the Champion would never come around again. This has changed, and that means that this Crystal has run its course.

5-Star Champions are coming to a place where they are now added to the regular Champion pool at the same consistency as other rarities.

Riiiiiiiggghhhtttt.....

And it has zero to do with Apple's new rule on disclosing rates in drop boxes...

Nail on the head
  • Prepare yourselves the first 2 on the list will be LC and RH lol

Maury:I have the test results in my hands. *opens the envelope*

Muary: RH and LC you aren't the worst champs in the game now!!!!
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    lol if you carefully read it..it the intentions are verry clear. people saved up 5* shards and got the newest champ as 5* for free. Now you can only get the newest 5* champs version from grandmaster featured crystal for 300 units each.. so want the new 5*..fork over those $$
  • vd016vd016 Posts: 48
    This makes sense. Do we get a featured 4* crystal for cost of more no. Of 4* shards when a new champ is released? No.

Im guessing the 5* arenas are coming soon
  • kawasakininkawasakinin Posts: 10
    you need to run the regular featured crystals for all champs before before this change as scheduled
  • Eccohawk wrote: »
    So it seems a lot of people seem to be lacking any forward thinking here. My assumption is that in addition to this crystal being changed, they're likely also looking at how they plan to introduce a 6-star crystal, and plan to market that as the new hotness, rather than continue to promote 5-star champs as heavily. 1/24 ain't great, but it's not terrible either. Right now if you're shooting for a specific 4-star champ it's something like 1/100+. So I think perhaps it's slightly premature to claim that the sky is falling.

If that's the motivation, this should be an additional crystal, not a replacement for the primary source of advancement for the strongest part of the community.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Old System:
    ~20-25% chance to get desired Featured Champ
    Immediate Chance to spin for Featured Champ the moment they are released

New System:
    LESS THAN 5% chance to get desired Featured Champ
    up to 3 MONTHS WAITING for Chance to spin for Featured Champ after they are released

Seriously, how is this a better system? Give us better odds for Featured champs and let us wait less. We deserve that at the least.

that sounds pretty accurate

• vd016vd016 Posts: 48
    Will you release the list of 18 champs that will be in the basic pool before the release of the crystal? @Kabam Miike
  • Dagonelle wrote: »
    So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

What’s the point? The only way that the new featured crystal is better than the old one is if the old featured crystal had odds worse than 1 in 18 which is what the new one is. I’ve got to say I’m disappointed

The original Featured Hero Crystal had one purpose, and that was because it was originally the only chance you had at a 5-Star Champion, and potentially meant that the Champion would never come around again. This has changed, and that means that this Crystal has run its course.

5-Star Champions are coming to a place where they are now added to the regular Champion pool at the same consistency as other rarities.

Riiiiiiiggghhhtttt.....

And it has zero to do with Apple's new rule on disclosing rates in drop boxes...

Exactly. It has absolutely zero to do with that.

So, when exactly will those drop rates be released then?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I like it a chance at 6 new champs and it stays for 3 months with a random small basic pool while they are also monitoring who is best to put in meaning the crystals basic pool will stay similar most of the time. You guys may dislike it but the amount of times I failed trying to get one new latest champ...
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    I’m curious if the crystal is being changed because the feature has never been a fair shake for everyone and they don’t want to reveal that it had fluctuating odds based on an unknown set of variable that probably includes money spent.

I knew this would come up! No, this is not the case. We've planned this for a little while, and to be fair, players have been Community Sourcing drop rates on the 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal for quite some time, and they have always been consistent.

I think we all know the overall drop rate is 20% ish but that doesn’t mean that everyone has the same chance. We all know players that seem to bat 100% and others that have have little or no success on 10-20 attempts. If it was so straghtforward then I think you guys could just come out and say what the odds on those are but the roundabout and choice of wording leads us all to believe that everything is not truly equal.

As someone who is 10-20 with no featured 5* it is so relieving to see someone else who notices what I notice. There are some people who are more likely to pull garbage and there are some people who pull god tiers back to back to back. It's almost like they just made it so that 20% of the players are lucky. Some are meh. And some are doomed.