**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• MahvelMahvel Posts: 67
    In over 10 featured crystals I have never got a featured champ. Over 500$ spent on featured gmc and no 5* at all(ha! telling us this is an option.) The odds have got worse and I couldn't even get lucky how it is now.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Anyway we can get the odds on a 5* in the grandmaster featured crystal ?
  • Hawk_Hawk_ Posts: 28
    Is this progression or regression? You are basically taking the same amount of shards the featured did and reducing our odds from 20% to 4.2%.. in which world is this better?? Also I don even wanna start thinking bout the 18 you will pick to go in the crystal. Hope ul don’t disappoint any further. This is a very bad thing for the game.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Notvasq wrote: »
    How will those 18 champions be chosed? Will you choose, according to y'all standard, few *bad* pull, like a lottery ticket where it is a *better chance next time*. Because let's be honest, you can't really put in that crystal the top 18 you can think of everytime. But you guys can decide to put a few of those *bad* champs in it. Or along with that new crystal, are you guys planning to try to balance the tier list overall?

We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal. This means that while Player perception of the Champions may not always align, we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals.

So I must say that this is a step in the right direction. Acknowledging that there are too many trash champs and finding a way to eliminate them from a crystal. I do wish you would share and or ask the community what champs should be eliminated. The data from AQ/AW can be helpful to a certain extent but also deceiving. You see Rhinos in AW and nobody wants a Rhino.

We also now have drop rates on the featured 5*. The first time Kabam has released a drop rate. thank you Apple!!!!
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Notvasq wrote: »
    How will those 18 champions be chosed? Will you choose, according to y'all standard, few *bad* pull, like a lottery ticket where it is a *better chance next time*. Because let's be honest, you can't really put in that crystal the top 18 you can think of everytime. But you guys can decide to put a few of those *bad* champs in it. Or along with that new crystal, are you guys planning to try to balance the tier list overall?

We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal. This means that while Player perception of the Champions may not always align, we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals.

I like that your data is not shared with the community, so when you say that "Kamala Khan is one of the best champs for AW attack" and throw her in the 18, we just have to smile and nod to ourselves.

Thing is she is never used at high levels, meaning at lower levels she may well have great data because she’s being used in easier fights.

Exactly, so by THEIR data, KK is a "grade a champ" and should be one of the 18 for sure... Along with IP, HB, etc.

I'm holding out hope for this NOT to be the case, but I will be in line to comment on the pool of 18 when we see at least a couple of the trash heap in that pool.
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    so I have a 1 in 24 chance at pulling a feature that I want to spend my 15,000 shards on now, but I may have to wait weeks or months until they are added? Who thought this stuff up? How about you drop the 18 basic characters and just go with the last 6 features champs released. Seems more fair being as maybe 1 out 6 champs you release are actually playable for content in the game.
  • luhdemtatersluhdemtaters Posts: 19
    @Kabam Miike the current featured crystals advertise "increased odds" at the champ in question. Will there be any increased odds to pull one of the six featured champs in this crystal -- or an even 1/24 shot at each champ?
  • McocjgMcocjg Posts: 6
    Will champs like Thor, Scarlett witch, wolverine, etc join the 5* crystals at any point now that everyone else is being added? Or will they forever be limited to 4*?
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    So in lamens terms, it’s back to the old days of only those who spend a small fortune can get new champs before us peasants who attempt to earn them instead? @Kabam Miike fair play to you for keeping a straight face lol.
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    Sorry to repeat @Kabam Miike but could you clarify, this seems insane if I’ve got this right...

So am I understanding this right, when a new champ is released in 4* arena it could potentially be almost 3 months before he’s available as a 5* in a featured crystal at a 1 in 24 chance if his arena is early in the 3 month cycle?

Yes, this is correct. You will be able to win them in the Grandmaster Featured Hero Crystal, but some Champions will not make it into the Featured Hero Crystal for some time.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149

Thing is she is never used at high levels, meaning at lower levels she may well have great data because she’s being used in easier fights.

Right. Most Kamala champs are rank 1-3 and not rank 4-5 as a 4* so in arena or quests, she is being used for early rounds of fights or just easier fights. The data could be pretty bad if you’re looking at wins and losses this way.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    So to get the god tier champs in the crystal we need the higher players to use them in aq and aw as much as possible?
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal. This means that while Player perception of the Champions may not always align, we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals

You should also check story quests as well because blade and stark are not champs everyone has but people use them when they do get them for modes outside aq and aw.

These same teams are ones that said sentry was awesome. I’m gonna guess shehulk and KK will be top champs in their eyes.

Here’s a solution. Quit making terrible champs. If they all at least had a niche use it would be great. I could rattle off 20 champs no one wants with zero debate. The only thing good about sentry is prestige.
  • MahvelMahvel Posts: 67
    rwhack wrote: »
    Greywarden wrote: »
    So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

What’s the point? The only way that the new featured crystal is better than the old one is if the old featured crystal had odds worse than 1 in 18 which is what the new one is. I’ve got to say I’m disappointed

Odds are actually now 4.2% since it will be 1 out of 24 if you're going for a specific champ. Nobody had the exact percentage of the current featured but the community tends to agree that the chance was/is 20-25%.

I've gone 2 for 38 so a 20% chance seems unlikely to have been 20%.

I see several issues:
    1. You did not disclose any odds of getting one versus the other. MY BAD. ITS 4.2% PER HERO IN IT. Not good.
    2. The complaint we had before was that 5 star featured pulls weren't relational. Some people got them all the time others could spin forever and get nothing. We now have a 1 in 24 chance of getting who we want at a cost of 15K in shards. It's not worth it.
    3. Buying featured GMs is a 1% chance of getting a 5 star. The odds of getting the featured one is even lower so let's say .01% This is also not worth it....and I spend. I'm in a top 10 alliance (top 5 really).

Disclose your odds on the FGM. Right now you seem to be at odds with apple policy. It's hard to tell if this is a good change or not but right now you took something that was inherently unfair and seemed to make it worse.

You thought equal was fair when you made pulls random for featured champs. They should have been relational over time. If anyone things equal is fair they're probably not a great employee and don't do much at work. For example I want to be paid fairly not equally. Equally is inherently unfair to hard workers. I'm disappointed with how tone deaf changes seem to be.

Always felt there was something funky about 15k crystals. As a "has not" it definitely feels like others are more likely to get them than I. Hell some people don't even say they are saving for a chance to get a champ. They say with confidence that I am going to get a champ.
  • So it seems a lot of people seem to be lacking any forward thinking here. My assumption is that in addition to this crystal being changed, they're likely also looking at how they plan to introduce a 6-star crystal, and plan to market that as the new hotness, rather than continue to promote 5-star champs as heavily. 1/24 ain't great, but it's not terrible either. Right now if you're shooting for a specific 4-star champ it's something like 1/100+. So I think perhaps it's slightly premature to claim that the sky is falling.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    This change really hurts anyone who was saving for a featured hero after Blade, for example if Taskmaster is your favorite hero and you've been saving everything to get him your chance per 15k crystal just went from 1/5 to 1/24.

Kabam you NEED to run every featured crystal that was planned before this announcement was made. That means the last featured crystal should be Sentry. Run them alongside this new crystal and don't screw over your players that have been working toward these other champions.

I understand why you've given special treatment to Blade, if you didn't the community would boycott like you've never seen, but to be fair you need to let the rest of the crystals run their course so that everyone who was saving for their favorite characters gets the same shot that we've all had since their release.
  • Could some of you guys stop asking things which have already been stated?

This one is a GREAT question, i'm also interested in:
    Just to clarify, will the new 5* featured crystal will have an equal chance at all champions in the pool or have an 'increased' chance at certain champions as the current 15k 5* crystal does? Also, does this mean the sub-feature pool is going away?

The other thing is:
    When will the list of 18 basic champ be published? Will it be some time in advance or after the featured crystal has become available?

And a last one, may seem quite general but still:
    When will we finally see some chances for the outcome of a crystal? At least for the new featured 5* ones and the Grandmaster crystals.
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    edited January 2018
    lol if you carefully read it..it the intentions are verry clear. people saved up 5* shards and got the newest champ as 5* for free. Now you can only get the newest 5* champs version from grandmaster featured crystal.. so with other words no more free featured 5*..now you have to spend 300 units for each crystal if you want the 5* version of the new released champ.
  • Ashfar23Ashfar23 Posts: 4
    Will Thor Scarlet Witch Captain WW2 Black Widow Daredevil Classic Wolverine.....will be added to 5 star ?
    They should be added in 5 star...... you added all the worst champs but can't add them ?
  • vd016vd016 Posts: 48
    Basically you have to spend money to acquire a new featured 5* from gmc else you have wait for their release in the featured 5* crystal for 3 months?
    Time to release the 5* arenas @Kabam Miike
  • LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    You should have at least reduced the cost of the feature crystal if you’re going to reduce the chance of pulling a desired champ. More people will go for 15K if they want even 30% of the champs which is unlikely given the inconsistency of new champs. Reducing the cost to 12.5K or even 11K would generate more revenue from this crystal as you’ll be generating plenty of revenue from the featured GMCs now.
  • elieelie Posts: 2
    will blade be on the featured crystal ??
    and when??