**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    edited January 2018
    Edit: Nevermind. I see now that it is a flat rate for all 24 champs in the crystal. Net negative to the players but at least they are still giving us an option to have increased odds rather than just doing away with it. IMO, it's less a featured 6 than a featured 24 as you could look at it as a higher chance to pull AA for example.

Does the fact that there are now 6 "Featured" champs in the crystal now reduce the odds of pulling them? i.e. previously the featured champ was 25% (pulling number out of nowhere) but now it's a 25% champ of pulling from the featured pool but you then only have a 1 in 6 chance of the actual champ you want?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »

Oh great so Kabam decides to nerf the chances players have at getting Blade. You create a character as great as him yet you change the system to make it more difficult for players to get him. Good job Kabam. Nice work @Kabam Miike

You didn’t read at all did you? Blade’s solo featured crystal is coming back, and he’s being added to basic crystal the same month.... read before you post

It seems that you did not read either. Blade's solo featured seems to be worse. His new featured will NOT give him an increased chance at obtaining him. It was speculated that it's about a 20-25% chance to get a featured crystal. The NEW featured rate will be less than 5%. Can you tell me how that's better?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    Twunt wrote: »
    Let me understand: only 6 champs will be in the newly featured crystals so you are guaranteed 1 of 6 within the pool?

There will be 24 champions in the 15k shard crystal. 18 of them are in the basic pool, and 6 of them are not.
    The chance to pull each champion is the same.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Can you make a crystal with one champ in every week instead? This would be much better. It would rotate between classes.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 788 ★★★★
    Another question. So the pool will be updated every 3 months. It means the earliest time I could have the first champ of march will be in May? (Considering I can't buy GMC)
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    Sorry to repeat @Kabam Miike but could you clarify, this seems insane if I’ve got this right...

So am I understanding this right, when a new champ is released in 4* arena it could potentially be almost 3 months before he’s available as a 5* in a featured crystal at a 1 in 24 chance if his arena is early in the 3 month cycle?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Will we be seeing the champions who have never been 5* in the pool? Like Scarlet witch, strange, wolv, cap ww2.

I’m missing using my Wolverine because he can’t keep up as a 5/50 4*.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    This is ridiculous. I’m paying 50% more shards because I want a specific champ. I was saving for Hela rerun but I’m gonna have to scrap that because I don’t also want an increased chance on Thor Ragnarok, taskmaster, modok, and the other 2. I want hela. It’s even more of a gamble now. Basics are the go to now for sure
  • Vulkan7Vulkan7 Posts: 17
    Is there any logic to who the 18 other champs will be? Such as will they follow a pattern of previously released champs or will they simply be chosen by Kabam?

There is no Pattern. They will be chosen by the team, but we're taking extra care to make the Crystals more interesting for you all.

Or taking care that when you have to release "loot box" odds we won't know what the old odds were.
  • Do you think this changes will help players?
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I don't entirely understand, mind explaining what this crystal is??

Ok so they are taking away the current 15k Eatured crystal that had an increased chance of getting a certain featured champs.
    Instead this new crystal will have 6 featured champs on rotation and then 18 others from the basic pool thrown in.
    The upside of the new crystal is a smaller pool (24 champs only) so a better chance of pulling the one u want.
    The downside is no increased chance for the featured champs. All 24 champs will have same odds.

So if u want a specific champ really bad, when the champ comes around in the feature, you spend 5k more shards for a 1/24 chance of pulling him/her instead of dealing with the current 1/100 chance or whatever the current odds of the Basic Crystal 5* is.
    Will the odds and champs not be that good since you have to leave it there for 3 months to give us that many chances?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★

Oh great so Kabam decides to nerf the chances players have at getting Blade. You create a character as great as him yet you change the system to make it more difficult for players to get him. Good job Kabam. Nice work @Kabam Miike

You didn’t read at all did you? Blade’s solo featured crystal is coming back, and he’s being added to basic crystal the same month.... read before you post

It seems that you did not read either. Blade's solo featured seems to be worse. His new featured will NOT give him an increased chance at obtaining him. It was speculated that it's about a 20-25% chance to get a featured crystal. The NEW featured rate will be less than 5%. Can you tell me how that's better?

That's what they meant with "return".
    The crystal is the same as the current one. There is no new crystal for Blade, is the same one. The "new" crystal will run alongside this one

Nope you didn’t read. Blade will have his normal crystal. His will be the last normal crystal.

“This change takes effect on February 13th, which is the day that Blade is added to the regular 5-Star Champion pool, but we also know that many of you are saving your 5-Star Crystal shards for a shot at Blade. Because we know how much time and effort you’ve all put into acquiring Shards for the return of Blade’s Featured Hero Crystal, we’ve decided to run his crystal one more time! It will return on its regularly scheduled date of February 22nd.”
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    @Kabam Miike When will the 18 champs be announced for the 1st crystal?

How about allowing us to vote on top 3 Basic 5* champs per class? Every 3 months use those results to come up with the list of 18.

Let us pick the champs that are worth the premium price. We can't blame Kabam for a trash pool, no need to repeat the summer of 5* gross champs added to basics.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,494 ★★★★★
    I think Kabam will come to regret this decision if the goal is to continue having relevant 15k shard 5* crystals. 1 in 24 is garbage odds. Sure, better than 1 in 80-something, but still.
  • SmashaSmasha Posts: 5
    People on here annoy me so much. Yeah they’ve changed the crystals. It’s now a featured pool instead of a feautured champion. Get over it.
    We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal. This means that while Player perception of the Champions may not always align, we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals

You should also check story quests as well because blade and stark are not champs everyone has but people use them when they do get them for modes outside aq and aw.
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Notvasq wrote: »
    How will those 18 champions be chosed? Will you choose, according to y'all standard, few *bad* pull, like a lottery ticket where it is a *better chance next time*. Because let's be honest, you can't really put in that crystal the top 18 you can think of everytime. But you guys can decide to put a few of those *bad* champs in it. Or along with that new crystal, are you guys planning to try to balance the tier list overall?

We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal. This means that while Player perception of the Champions may not always align, we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals.

I like that your data is not shared with the community, so when you say that "Kamala Khan is one of the best champs for AW attack" and throw her in the 18, we just have to smile and nod to ourselves.

Thing is she is never used at high levels, meaning at lower levels she may well have great data because she’s being used in easier fights.