**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    Any information on 6* champions ?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Is there any logic to who the 18 other champs will be? Such as will they follow a pattern of previously released champs or will they simply be chosen by Kabam?

There is no Pattern. They will be chosen by the team, but we're taking extra care to make the Crystals more interesting for you all.

When will the first batch be announced? Can they please be announced before Feb 13th and blades last rerun of his featured crystal. That way people can decide which to go for.

Also in general how and when will the batches be announced. Will it be a case of there’s a post detailing each champion in the batch or will it be a try your luck and find out?
  • NOMADNOMAD Posts: 5
    I really hope this increases the odds of getting said champ? The basics are terrible. I popped 6 the day sparky was added and pulled all ****
    Greywarden wrote: »
    So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

What’s the point? The only way that the new featured crystal is better than the old one is if the old featured crystal had odds worse than 1 in 18 which is what the new one is. I’ve got to say I’m disappointed

Odds are actually now 4.2% since it will be 1 out of 24 if you're going for a specific champ. Nobody had the exact percentage of the current featured but the community tends to agree that the chance was/is 20-25%.

I misread, it’s a pool of 18 and then 6 featured champs. Even worse than I originally thought.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Another question, will the other 18 champions in the new 5* feature crystal ever contain champions not in the basic crystal ( such as Kang, Thanos, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, etc ) ?
  • So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

What’s the point? The only way that the new featured crystal is better than the old one is if the old featured crystal had odds worse than 1 in 18 which is what the new one is. I’ve got to say I’m disappointed

The original Featured Hero Crystal had one purpose, and that was because it was originally the only chance you had at a 5-Star Champion, and potentially meant that the Champion would never come around again. This has changed, and that means that this Crystal has run its course.

5-Star Champions are coming to a place where they are now added to the regular Champion pool at the same consistency as other rarities.
  • How about the mephisto 5* featured Crystal? Will this still come out at 25th as scheduled before?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    So let's say I wanted Modok. I now have to spin a 15k crystal which will have a worse chance at getting him than the previous iteration of that same crystal?

Give this man an answer!
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    So the value will come in the crystal having a 1/24 chance of getting a champ on the list, which will include 6 new and 18 older champs, vs no chance at a new champ and a 1/84 or whatever chance of pulling a specific champ out of the basic pool. So in theory a 1/4 chance for a new champ, but no guarantee which new one. Seems a bit too random for my tastes still, but I can see where if you want to dupe a certain champ out of the 18 extra, and don't mind the new ones, it has better odds than pulling basics.

But are those odds worth the shard increase? I am leaning towards no, unless your roster is just very set on champs, and you can afford to be pickier. But it will make it harder to get champs of certain classes, if, say, you have multiple science awakening gems and wanted to get Void/GH, but now you have a much lower chance of getting them from featured crystals than if the old system was in place.

Although I do agree that the old crystal style is old, and based on the way the Contest used to run, unless the pools are always well-stacked, it seems a bit of a step back.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 788 ★★★★
    Soo as for february 22, instead of opening a Blade 15,000 shard crystal with increased chance on Blade, we will be opening a 15,000 shard crystal from a fix 24 champion pool, with no increased chance on Blade, but a rather equal chance on Blade or Sentry?
  • tlhtlh Posts: 41
    Fgmc 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑
  • benshb wrote: »
    Soo as for february 22, instead of opening a Blade 15,000 shard crystal with increased chance on Blade, we will be opening a 15,000 shard crystal from a fix 24 champion pool, with no increased chance on Blade, but a rather equal chance on Blade or Sentry?

As stated in the Announcement, you can see that we have made an exception for Blade, and he will still have his regular Featured Hero Crystal.
  • Just to clarify, will the new 5* featured crystal will have an equal chance at all champions in the pool or have an 'increased' chance at certain champions as the current 15k 5* crystal does? Also, does this mean the sub-feature pool is going away?

There will be an equal chance for every Champion in this Crystal. No increased chance for any particular Champion.

but the champs in those crystals will not include all champs in the overall pool, right? Jus the 6 featured and the 18 selected champs?
  • Confused about Blade:
    Blade will be added to the regular pool on the 16, then the Blade FEATURED Crystal at 15k Shards will be available on the 23 or 28 (I forget which date)??

Yes i've been saving Big time!
    So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

The original Featured Hero Crystal had one purpose, and that was because it was originally the only chance you had at a 5-Star Champion, and potentially meant that the Champion would never come around again. This has changed, and that means that this Crystal has run its course.

5-Star Champions are coming to a place where they are now added to the regular Champion pool at the same consistency as other rarities.

But you’re just paying 5000 extra shards for a crystal that is very very similar to the basic 5* crystal. The lure of the 5* featured was that it was the best way to get a good unique 5* and it was a decent chance to get a specific champ, community estimates are 1 in 5. But with the new ones, there is no such lure, if you want a specific champ there’s 1 in 24 chance which is awful. As bad as the early 5* pool was.

I will reserve my final judgement until i see the 18 champs in the pool but until I do see them, I do not think I will buy one of the crystals at all.

The only way I will buy them is if the 18 in the pool are in the top tier of champions, but that wouldn’t make sense as then it’s not a featured crystal.
  • Will you still be running the void freatured crystals this month?
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    edited January 2018
    No increased odds for new champs negates the need to spend 5k extra. So if u want a specific champ u spend an extra 5k for a 1 in 24 chance as opposed to 1 in 90 or so with the basic. Either way you’re screwed so just buy basics.

I really don’t see the benefit of featured crystals now, at all. What you’ve done is basically change the odds of getting the champ u want from 1 in 5 (roughly) to 1 in 24 and try and convince us it’s a good thing, nice try lol.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★
    benshb wrote: »

As stated in the Announcement, you can see that we have made an exception for Blade, and he will still have his regular Featured Hero Crystal.

You did not answer his question, which has more importance: Will this new featured crystal give an INCREASED chance at the champion we want such as Blade when his crystal arrives or just an equal chance at all new champs?