**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

6-Star Release Discussion Thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Oh my days stop this useless arguing. People just want to read the thread for updates. Not your bickering. Any one of you grow a pair and be the bigger person, stop replying to each other
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,380 ★★★★★
    Oh my days stop this useless arguing. People just want to read the thread for updates. Not your bickering. Any one of you grow a pair and be the bigger person, stop replying to each other

Yeah I said what I had to say. Minor annoyance. Moving on.
  • Options
    Sofian_zSofian_z Posts: 12
    edited January 2018
    @Kabam Miike will we be able to sell our 5 * champions for 6 * shards any time soon ? I am just curious
  • Options
    Now that 6* are here can we please get some news on when either the pool is expanded or who will be in the featured 6* pool. Or even when the news will be given, I’m waiting to open my crystal until I hear this news so the sooner the better please.

Anyway, back to what this thread is for. Discussing 6* and asking questions. Please could we get an answer to this. I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to know about featured 6*
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    3zpzu72biqy5.jpeg

It's whale season boys
  • Options
    Sofian_zSofian_z Posts: 12
    Acanthus wrote: »
    3zpzu72biqy5.jpeg

It's whale season boys

@Acanthus how is that even possible, let's see for argument sake that it was easy for a person to dupe 5*s but to dupe 291 5*s is hard to believe at all....

@420sam that's the funniest thing i heard all day, good luck with that
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    3zpzu72biqy5.jpeg

It's whale season boys

Might need some extra bottles for you know what...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,010 Guardian
    Sofian_z wrote: »
    @Acanthus how is that even possible, let's see for argument sake that it was easy for a person to dupe 5*s but to dupe 291 5*s is hard to believe at all....

Hypothetically speaking, someone who wanted to drop, say, $100k on the game could conceivably do that.

• Options
    Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    3zpzu72biqy5.jpeg

It's whale season boys

This game ist destroyed

• Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Sofian_z wrote: »
    3zpzu72biqy5.jpeg

It's whale season boys

@420sam that's the funniest thing i heard all day, good luck with that

Grandmaster crystals can be bought for 300 units per each. So $100 buys you 10. I have seen people pop 100 of those at a time just to get a champ that they want. For Blade and for some of these other champions they churn through crystals faster than Taco Bell churns through your intestines after a 2am binge.
    Add to that they have a lot of 5* champs that are already duped accumulating them even more 6* shards.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    When will 6*s count toward the daily events? Hero Use, Summoner Advancement, etc?
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I'm waiting!

...because I have no choice. I only have 1700 6* shards. Lol
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

My guess is that while people do all sorts of random things and are inherently unpredictable one on one, overall I would expect only two classes of players to be opening 6* crystals as soon as they are able to. If you're a very top player and are getting a ton of 6* shards, you might consider popping crystals open just to have them, because why not. It is less critical for them to save shards for the best possible opportunity to open them. Maybe the very top of the top might consider trying to get a tiny edge on prestige for a rank 2 6*, but it doesn't seem worth it except for literally the very top.

The other class of players are mid range players that are accumulating shards monthly and do not have a significant number of 4/55 5* champs. For these players, just opening any 6* crystal would be an automatic 4/55 without the need to spend rank up materials on it. I could see the appeal there.

Players significantly lower than that simply won't have enough 6* shards to be able to open any time soon, while players significantly higher would gain nothing from getting a rank 1 6* champion and unlikely to want to spend the huge amount of resources to rank to rank 2. You'd be better off ranking more 5* champions to rank 5.

Couldn't agree more. I'm one of those players that doesn't have a single R4 5* although I'm getting very close, and the thought of having a 6* even at R1 sounds awesome! But I do understand some champs aren't great in that pool. Nevertheless, if I could, I would jump on the chance to open one just to have a 6*!
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. I'm one of those players that doesn't have a single R4 5* although I'm getting very close, and the thought of having a 6* even at R1 sounds awesome! But I do understand some champs aren't great in that pool. Nevertheless, if I could, I would jump on the chance to open one just to have a 6*!

This is exactly why the pool of available 6*s are pretty meh... If they had blade or stark or AA available then people like yourself who doesn't even have an R4 5* yet can't pop a 6* and instantly have (what's equivalent) a R4 5* blade with zero resources pumped into them yet.

I realized this last night and it makes perfect sense why they chose the initial champs they did.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike when will there be word on 6* featured?
  • Options
    SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    Why not expand the game with more mastery points available or more quests? Why downgrade everybody's champs? (What this effectively does)
  • Options
    SSofLimbo wrote: »
    Why not expand the game with more mastery points available or more quests? Why downgrade everybody's champs? (What this effectively does)

Because the whole point is to add a new pursuit goal to the game. That pursuit goal must be something everyone wants, or its worthless as a pursuit goal. It must be hard to get, or its worthless as a pursuit goal. And it must be something that is far better than what you already have, or its worthless as a pursuit goal.

That pursuit goal was 5* champs, when almost no one had 5* champs and they were very hard to get. Now that both of those statements are not true anymore, something else has to replace them. That's 6* champs. It is really as simple as that.

Here's how this works, how it always works, and how it will always work. 6* champions are powerful and rare. Players will demand easier access to them. Kabam won't listen, and they will be accused of being greedy and not listening to the playerbase. Over time, as more players acquire 6* champions and they become more common, Kabam will make them more available and easier to rank up. As this accelerates, there will be a critical threshold where 6* champions no longer serve the function of a top tier pursuit goal. And then Kabam will start working on the next thing, whether that is 7* champions or something else conceptually different. Whatever it is, it will not be a simple upgrade of 6* champions. It will be something that is hard to get even for players full of 6* champions. It will be seen to devalue 6* champions, and Kabam will be accused of not listening to the players that don't want them "devalued." And then this will repeat, so long as the game exists.

The alternative to making 7* champions and 8* champions and 9* champions is either gear or super expensive skill trees. And we already saw how popular the idea of gear was.
  • Options
    SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148

Because the whole point is to add a new pursuit goal to the game. That pursuit goal must be something everyone wants, or its worthless as a pursuit goal. It must be hard to get, or its worthless as a pursuit goal. And it must be something that is far better than what you already have, or its worthless as a pursuit goal.

That pursuit goal was 5* champs, when almost no one had 5* champs and they were very hard to get. Now that both of those statements are not true anymore, something else has to replace them. That's 6* champs. It is really as simple as that.

Here's how this works, how it always works, and how it will always work. 6* champions are powerful and rare. Players will demand easier access to them. Kabam won't listen, and they will be accused of being greedy and not listening to the playerbase. Over time, as more players acquire 6* champions and they become more common, Kabam will make them more available and easier to rank up. As this accelerates, there will be a critical threshold where 6* champions no longer serve the function of a top tier pursuit goal. And then Kabam will start working on the next thing, whether that is 7* champions or something else conceptually different. Whatever it is, it will not be a simple upgrade of 6* champions. It will be something that is hard to get even for players full of 6* champions. It will be seen to devalue 6* champions, and Kabam will be accused of not listening to the players that don't want them "devalued." And then this will repeat, so long as the game exists.

The alternative to making 7* champions and 8* champions and 9* champions is either gear or super expensive skill trees. And we already saw how popular the idea of gear was.

So why spend resources upgrading and acquiring 6*s when 7* (8*,9*,10*...) are going to be released and will make 6* redundant?
  • Options

So why spend resources upgrading and acquiring 6*s when 7* (8*,9*,10*...) are going to be released and will make 6* redundant?

Only you can answer that, although for myself the logical answer is that 7* champions won't make your 6* champions redundant if you don't have enough 6* champions to earn those 7* champions in the first place. 6* champions don't currently make my 5* and 4* champions redundant because without those champions I have no way to earn 6* champions.

If you don't like treadmills, don't play progressional games. All progressional games give you ways to progress, and the rewards you earn from that progress are used to make more progress. If you want a game that ends, you need to play single player games. If you want a game that allows you to reach the top and then stay there without anything appearing over the top, you'll need to write it yourself.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Why don’t 6* have better synergy numbers than their 5* or even their 4* equivalents?
  • Options
    When can we expect more 6* champs to be put into the 6* pool?
  • Options
    How do u get them?
  • Options
    mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    When will Unstoppable Collosus be added & how much Loyalty will he cost? It's been asked several times I'd love to hear a response. @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    ChuckNorrisChuckNorris Posts: 104
    could improve deadpool x-force change your e1 to shoot with weapon and your e2 in that does not bleed have armor breakdown, fury or cruelty and activate passive regeneration
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited May 2018
    xxyanarxx wrote: »
    When will the new champs be added to 6 star pool? These ones just not worth to waste 6 star crystal.

Could we please get an update on this mods? At least an idea.