M.O.D.O.K.’S Lab Grand Re-Opening!

Comments

• Apex1212Apex1212 Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2018
    Modoks lab is **** this go around. It goes from 8k team level to 20k team level for hard that's a huge difference. Fighting a thanos with 55k HP in hard mode is stupid they made it harder for the same **** rewards. He says its more yeah in expert mode. What about the others. Oh and my entries still say 1/1 I can replay them all so a bug exists. Its just more work more resources for the same rewards. Plus two great champs that were ruined by kabam a sabertooth with no bleed effect now come on guys. When you can auto fight the entire heroic mode its sad. This update was a huge disappointment. Oh and did I mention they declawed sabertooth smh.
  • KevinBolewareKevinBoleware Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    I loved this event. I was actually upset that the timer was reduced to 12 hours from 8. Then I played the new version. The difficulty was increased beyond belief. You can keep this event. If I can’t beat the hard tier, it isn’t worth playing. Requiring a 20K team for a few pitiful shards is a joke.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2018
    First, the addition of 6star boss was unneccessary.
    Second, randomizers always gives same or worse nodes to fight on. Not worth buying any of those randomizers.
    Third, some of the fights are harder than even boss rush challenge.
    Fourth, its not worth spending units to get a single run through modok's lab. Saving units for something else is probably a better decision
    Fifth, overall experience of this modok's lab is frustrating and disappointing for most the players.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    I tried 6 rolls on Expert today. Five times I got combinations of unavoidable bleeds or degens that would have killed my champs with 0 hits taken. The other time I got 3 different power gains. This is horrible. This design is unbelievably bad.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    I like it but I seem to be in the minority. I've used one randomizer so far. Anyone else out there enjoying MODOK Lab?
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Member Posts: 855 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    The labs have demoralized me. Three labs in a row all champs in the expert lab have something to kill me without hitting me. No way to counter and not enough respins even with purchasing and doing easier labs. I feel like I am the experiment.

edit: spelling.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    I like it but I seem to be in the minority. I've used one randomizer so far. Anyone else out there enjoying MODOK Lab?

Me, I’m not clear on what the big fuss is. Buy 8 randomiser a day and I use maybe 3 per run. I’ve never run out of randomisers in modok lab. I Take a well rounded team:
    -Iceman 4* rank 5
    Deals with poison and bleed. Deals with evade champs and Mephisto
    -Star lord 5* rank 4
    Deals with regen fights
    -Hyperion 5* rank 4
    Deals with high health fights, degen as he gets the fight over with quick and things like slashed tyres. Don’t need to evade if you parry then heavy over and over.
    Ghost rider 5 * rank 4 unduped
    -he’s my guy for fights where mystic dispersion helps a bunch, also degen if Hyp is Ko
    -black panther 5* rank 4
    He’s my last line of defence (should it be offence?) and for any Modok’s or easy science fights

Today after exploring heroic I even accidentally brought in the team I was using on that for expert.

vxdcv3n1fbxt.png

It was tough, but I only ended up using one revive. I used 4 randomiser’s on Morningstar and after slashed tyres, flare and stun Immune/caltrops combo ended up with going against spite and arc overload. I used one revive against her and that was it. With 5* rank 1 and 4* 3-30. I’m not trying to brag, obviously I’m pleased about it but I’m not the most skilled player. Modok’s quest just isn’t as difficult as everyone claims.

As a sidenote, it also have me new respect for Karnak. That guy hits bloody hard for a rank 1 5*, I don’t understand the hate for him, he destroyed ant man (my first fight which was physical resistance and a ton of health) his focus just ignored glancing and crit anyway and he destroyed she hulk (my second fight) which I got lucky with the nodes, only had life transfer and a bleed node which Karnak could overcome with his decent damage plus the life transfer and an aggressive playstyle.
  • SnaggleSnaggle Member Posts: 226 ★★
    Comparing this to the Trials, it is significantly harder with less incentive to actually go and get the rewards. The nodes are completely RNG, and if you use up all of your dice, you have to buy more, use more units, and go through all of your health pots. Like I said, this is completely useless unless you have a R4 5* Blade with synergies.

Don't waste your time, unless you want to completely go through your entire stash.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't say I'm not enjoying it. My concern is with the difficulty.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    Snaggle wrote: »
    Comparing this to the Trials, it is significantly harder with less incentive to actually go and get the rewards. The nodes are completely RNG, and if you use up all of your dice, you have to buy more, use more units, and go through all of your health pots. Like I said, this is completely useless unless you have a R4 5* Blade with synergies.

Don't waste your time, unless you want to completely go through your entire stash.

I’d advise people to ignore this and give it a try. I neither have blade or his synergies. I complete it easily each day. You just have to be good enough and bring the right people.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1,316 ★★★★★
    I'm already burnt out and gave up on doing the premium shard and three star shard quest...lol, couldn't even make it to 3 days :D

My feedback: Go the trials of the king method. Bump up the rewards, maybe have fewer enemies, and make it so you can only enter one difficulty once a day. Modok's lab was exhausting last time it came around and it still is IMO.

And, before anyone starts trying to shout at me, I'm not complaining (still doing the 4 star shard mode twice because free rewards are free). Just giving my thoughts.
  • BadroseBadrose Member Posts: 779 ★★★
    The difficult is not a problem, the "random" nodes are. At least for me, every single fight was (almost) impossible and no matter how many dice you roll you get the same, similar or even worse node. I had to quit 2 out of 4 times now, it is pretty clear they want us to spend in this event (NO WAY Kabam), and it's not "for free" like the previous one. It is hilarious you don't have to spend a single item in new uncollected quest, while this MODOK crappy stuff needs the use of revives.
    The Nodes are part of the difficulty. If it was straight Fights, I think there would be less people taking issue. The problem with these things is when it's amped up too much, a Daily Event becomes a daily source of frustration and the Rewards themselves aren't worth the effort to accumulate. I think it needs to be more accessible.
    To be fair, I think they may be testing the waters with the introduction of 6*s into the Event. What we have with the combination of Random Buffs is a Difficulty that's closer to a Master/Uncollcted hybrid. People are expecting a Master level, and given the fact that last month was noticeably more doable, it's a bit of a larger change. I'm not necessarily saying it needs to be dumbed down, just sharing my thoughts. I think in terms of these type of Events, it may be more motivating to keep it relatively accessible. Just my thoughts. I'm not losing sleep over it.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Member Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I actually beat it today without using any items besides 2-3 randomizers. It actually wasn't too hard but I'm sure I will get plenty of insanely difficult quests over the month to make up for it. Plus, for the time I put in I'm still not sure the rewards are worth it. I will check it out every day, but who knows how many I will complete. Haha I still think they screwed up on this one!

ondgdh37zjvj.png
  • TheSeniorTheSenior Member Posts: 33
    Hahahahaha for 3 hero you win 400crystal 5* and Now for 7hero you win 200crystal 5* :)))))) this îs a joke 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Member Posts: 580 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Meh.. these rewards r terrible. MODOKS lab is even more of a challenge now. So y do u only get 200 5* shards and 70 4* shards? The trials and much better rewards and were a lot easier..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    I wouldn't say I'm not enjoying it. My concern is with the difficulty.

I wouldn't not say I'm not failing to not hate it.
  • HighSeptonHighSepton Member Posts: 10
    "We've made it better" you just get less rewards than last time it was here. Basically a big "screw you" eh?
  • HighSeptonHighSepton Member Posts: 10
    This modok idea should of been forgotten in my opinion, I say this because the trials, the rocket scrapyard quest, and the rifts were just so much more worth it. You could of just replaced this one with something better.

Scrapyard. For. The. Win.
  • MhykkeMhykke Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    I'm enjoying it myself, but I can see how others might not like it as much. I think the rewards are pretty nice though. Decent shot at 5 star sig stones (worth a lot to me), five star shards, t2a shards......yes please.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Member Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    HighSepton wrote: »
    "We've made it better" you just get less rewards than last time it was here. Basically a big "screw you" eh?

@HighSepton

😂 For real though! They make it a lot harder than Trials of the King and the rewards are worse! 😆 How does this make any sense whatsoever?

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,883 ★★★★★
    The Nodes are part of the difficulty. If it was straight Fights, I think there would be less people taking issue. The problem with these things is when it's amped up too much, a Daily Event becomes a daily source of frustration and the Rewards themselves aren't worth the effort to accumulate. I think it needs to be more accessible.

But the key is, it’s an event.

It isn’t staying forever, just 30 days of something new (well not so new as it was here a couple month back)

You can get easy nodes too, even ones that just malfunction and do nothing.

People beg and plea to have a mode where they can face up against champs with specific nodes too, well this is that in some form too, plus the nodes can be changed at any time if too hard.

I don’t like the idea that the rewards should be more accessible just because you find it tricky, or anyone. If it’s too hard, play the other 3 difficulties.

Not forced to play it either.
  • Sylwek94Sylwek94 Member Posts: 2
    M.O.D.O.K. is re-opening his Laboratory for Summoners to test the limits of his new device, the Randomizers, once again!

Roll the dice and test yourself against a number of completely random Opponents with their own set of random Buffs! Beware, strategist M.O.D.O.K., satisfied with your previous performance in his Lab, has levelled up the Challenge for you! Remember to use M.O.D.O.K.’s remarkable Randomizer to spin the wheel again if you are not content with your set of Buffs.

If you need a refresher on how M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab Works, take a look at our forum post from the first time they ran, but read on to find out the differences!

The Lab will remain open for experiments between February 28th at 2 PM PST until March 26th at 3 AM PDT.

zw9hjn0hx6zn.jpg

M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab will feature a few changes in this round:

Duration/Frequency
    - 12 hours cycles instead of 8
    - 1 entry limit per difficulty (exactly the same as before)

Auto Fight will be turned ON.

1 more General Pool Buff was added on the nodes of Medium Difficulty.

ALL the Champions will be randomized from every Class on every node instead of 1 Class per node.

Final fight in each quest is tuned to be a Boss fight.

- The Final Boss fight in Expert difficulty is a 6-Star Champion.

How hard are the fights in this round of craziness?

Easy - Mini Bosses
    - 2-Star Champions
    - Rank 1
    - Level 10
    - Signature 0

Easy - Final Boss
    - 3-Star Champion
    - Rank 1
    - Level 5
    - Signature 10

Medium - Mini Bosses
    - 3-Star Champions
    - Rank 3
    - Level 30
    - Signature 10

Medium - Final Boss
    - 4-Star Champion
    - Rank 2
    - Level 20
    - Signature 50

Hard - Mini Bosses
    - 4-Star Champions
    - Rank 4
    - Level 40
    - Signature 50

Hard - Final Boss
    - 5-Star Champion
    - Rank 3
    - Level 45
    - Signature 100

Expert - Mini Bosses

- 5-Star Champions
    - Rank 4
    - Level 55
    - Signature 200

Expert - Final Boss
    - 6-Star Champion
    - Rank 3
    - Level 35
    - Signature 200

Were the Random Buffs victim to the twisted mind of MODOK, and adjusted as well?

Not really! A lot of the Buffs are what they were used to be. An exception to this is the new Final Boss Boosts:

Medium Final Boss HP and Attack Boost Pool
    - Has Champion Boosts from 25%-50%

Hard Final Boss HP and Attack Boost Pool
    - Has Champion Boosts from 75%-100%

Expert Final Boss HP and Attack Boost Pool
    - Has Champion Boosts from 150%-200%

General Buff Pool

Consists of most Buffs available in the game, with some exceptions such as:

- Buffs that only work on one specific Character and Class specific Buffs (such as War Machine’s “Second Line” Buff or “Mystic Wrath”)
    - Incredibly high HP or Attack Buffs (nothing above 200%)
    - Degeneration (3.3% per second and 1.67% per second)

Buffs on a per-difficulty basis, on each fight:

Easy
    - 1 General Pool Buff

Medium
    - 1 Medium HP/Attack Pool Buff
    - 2 General Pool Buffs

Hard
    - 1 Hard HP/Attack Pool Buff
    - 3 General Pool Buffs

Expert
    - 1 Special 3 Activated (Permanent)
    - 1 Expert HP/Attack Pool Buff
    - 4 General Pool Buffs

Here’s where you can get more of M.O.D.O.K.’s precious Randomizers:

- 8x in a welcome message on February 28th, when M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab goes live.
    - 8x per day in the Game Store for 2500 Gold each.
    - 1x in each Final Boss fight of each difficulty of M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab (8x per 24 hours, maximum)

No energy cost but LIMITED ENTRY!

It still costs 0 energy per step to play M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab, however, you will only be able to enter each difficulty once every 12 hours.

IF YOU ENTER A QUEST AND QUIT OUT, YOU WILL LOSE ALL WITHHELD ITEMS AND YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. This means if you enter, decide you want to play something else, and quit, you’ll have to wait until your entries reset (every 12 hours) to enter again.

REWARDS - M.O.D.O.K’s GENEROSITY

Below is a list of what you can expect as a rewards for each completion of M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab. Keep in mind that since this is 1 path, completion will also equal exploration. Also keep in mind this is per instance, meaning the below rewards can be earned a maximum of 2 times a day for the duration of the event.

442feepwjvfy.png

Summoners must update to the latest version of the game to be able to partake in MODOK's Lab.

Enjoy the madness!

• JuanchofJuanchof Member Posts: 1
    Gracias

But the key is, it’s an event.

It isn’t staying forever, just 30 days of something new (well not so new as it was here a couple month back)

You can get easy nodes too, even ones that just malfunction and do nothing.

People beg and plea to have a mode where they can face up against champs with specific nodes too, well this is that in some form too, plus the nodes can be changed at any time if too hard.

I don’t like the idea that the rewards should be more accessible just because you find it tricky, or anyone. If it’s too hard, play the other 3 difficulties.

Not forced to play it either.

You missed the point of what I was saying entirely.
    Which is precisely why I don't comment on these things in general. I raise a concern and it is turned inward, as if I'm not skilled or finding it too hard. I didn't say I was struggling with it. I'm discussing my view on the Events in general. Clearly I'm not the only one that is noticing. We have a handful of people who have no issue with it, but that's not new. Telling people they can't handle it is not a way to discredit valid opinions. My reasoning for voicing my concern is not just my own experience. I am capable of gauging for myself if I want to invest energy into it or not. There is a point where the challenge factor is pushed too far, when it comes to an Event such as this. No doubt some have no issue with that. I could care less if people take pride in their own "skill". Fact is, they're not the only ones playing the game, and there is a fine line between creating a fun and challenging Daily Event, and discouraging a majority from making an effort.
  • I_Stonie_II_Stonie_I Member Posts: 1
    Gotta say the difficulty seems like it’s been ramped up a little too much. The re-rolls don’t give you much to work with. Seems almost impossible to land a set of buffs that are sensible. Burning through dice to no avail. It’s simply frustrating and not enjoyable content I’m finding this time round. Maybe it’s just my luck but certainly wasn’t like this first time round.
  • Garcia13Garcia13 Member Posts: 2
    Vien
  • Garcia13Garcia13 Member Posts: 2
    Vien