**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

17.0.1 - Screen Shift at Start of Fight [Not a Bug] [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Riza81Riza81 Posts: 6
    I have a video of the incident but not sure how to post it here from my iPhone
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Pre-12.0 - Marvel Contest of Champions

12.0 - Marvel Contest of Nerfs

15.0 - Marvel Contest of Diversity

17.0 - Kabam Contest of Seizures - Only The Strongest Survive!
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for continuing to provide feedback on this camera change. We're going to have the team continue to look into this issue and determine if additional improvements to camera angles could be made.

If anyone has any additional information, such as what device they are using on which the shift is more notable, please continue to post it so that we can pass that information along.

I'm sorry to hear how this has been affecting some of you. If you start feeling sick, please take a break from the game for a little while. If it's more persistent or severe, please consider seeking medical attention. We don't want anyone to sacrifice their health for the game.

Zibiit,

I understand you guys don't want anyone sacrificing their health for this game, but the reward structure of this game encourages players to spend unhealthy amounts of time grinding arena for rewards or tending to AQ. Putting up 40m plus for features or even 10 or 15m is hard on the body. Lack of sleep to check map 6 isn't fun either.

Reduced AW/AQ timers and increasing in-game rewards will go a long way to remedy these problems.
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »

Zibiit,

I understand you guys don't want anyone sacrificing their health for this game, but the reward structure of this game encourages players to spend unhealthy amounts of time grinding arena for rewards or tending to AQ. Putting up 40m plus for features or even 10 or 15m is hard on the body. Lack of sleep to check map 6 isn't fun either.

Reduced AW/AQ timers and increasing in-game rewards will go a long way to remedy these problems.

We highly encourage taking breaks. Your health is far more important in any given situation. What was said by Zibiit doesn't change that despite your request, and with that said, please keep this discussion on the topic about the screen shifting to take in champion height differences.
  • TunesmithTunesmith Posts: 15
    I think the issue of nausea could be significantly alleviated if the camera movement wasn't moving the plane of the horizon as it adjusts to the height. As it is, you're adjusting the focus point of the ground plane vertically in a way that makes it seem like it is floating, at a time where the player is expected to focus on two moving horizontal elements (the approaching characters) which causes a disconnect.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    This camera angle change is annoying and distracting.
    I have an idea to improve it.
    1) making that camera angle unique for sentinel fights only.
    2)and start the camera angle with an ultra wide shot and sync it with regular one which we are used to having. Current one is having slight drag/shift for a moment of time.

I dont know much about technicality involved in this but thats my 2cents.
  • TONYELTIGRETONYELTIGRE Posts: 16
    This was added in the most recent update and it needs to be removed. The movement is nauseating, especially after a few hours in arena. Seeing as it doesn't add anything and it's only cosmetic I feel it should be put back to what it was.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Pa_Proud wrote: »
    I just noticed the screen doesn't do the awkward shift when fighting sentinal...just every other battle
    Because they designed it for him

Plus he’s huge
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for continuing to provide feedback on this camera change. We're going to have the team continue to look into this issue and determine if additional improvements to camera angles could be made.

If anyone has any additional information, such as what device they are using on which the shift is more notable, please continue to post it so that we can pass that information along.

I'm sorry to hear how this has been affecting some of you. If you start feeling sick, please take a break from the game for a little while. If it's more persistent or severe, please consider seeking medical attention. We don't want anyone to sacrifice their health for the game.

It's not a problem with the camera "angle". The camera position has an abrupt jerk right when it changes from the second character running towards the center to both characters running together. It's not the angle, it's the sudden jerk.
  • grud9egrud9e Posts: 85
    edited February 2018
    So conclusion is this is a feature, not a bug? Lol
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Didn't even notice until this post. Looks good to me.
    I’m noticing it more on all fights except sentinel and yes the screen shifts up at the start of the fight as soon as the opponent and the attacker runs up to begin their attacks
  • Current solution is take breaks playing the game and seek medical attention?
    Irony of waiting room without the game to burn time.... well done Kabam

FWIW, after 5 duels I'm ready to put the game down and walk away.

As others mentioned, it comes down to the sudden jerk of the screen at the most critical moment of all fights (first parry or dash back). We have very little time for eyes to readjust to the sudden kick even knowing exactly when its coming. Either slow it down or change the pre-fight animations. This is unacceptable.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Hey, can we add these top 15 largest (in size) Marvel heroes/villians to MCoC game in their original unadjusted size, so that the screen shift effect will be so huge & noticeable that all the players will get instant sea sick (motion sickness) and vomit right away and faint?

15. EGO THE LIVING PLANET
    14. GALACTUS
    13. ONSLAUGHT
    12. TYRANT
    11. MANGOG
    10. CHTYLOK
    9. GROTTU
    8. FIN FANG FOOM
    7. CHIANTANG (A.K.A. BLACK DRAGON)
    6. SHUMA-GORATH
    5. SURTUR
    4. THE CELESTIALS
    3. APOCALYPSE BEAST
    2. THE ABSTRACT ENTITIES
    1. THE LIVING TRIBUNAL

Haha, just kidding, but in all seriousness, I just fought The Sentinel just now using my teenie tiny Gwenpool, due to the size different, I think I notice the screen adjustment is slightly more than when I use a small size fighting another comparable small size opponents. Let's see who else is largest? I think they reduce the Ultron height a little in the past few revision, let me check out a few more other tall/big guys ...
    Just to be clear, this screen shift at the start of the fight happens for ALL fights, not just ones with a big champ. It may have been done to adjust for character sizes, but it is causing a problem for all fights.
  • TONYELTIGRETONYELTIGRE Posts: 16
    Thanks for the video on this! We'll bring it to the rest of the team to be investigated! :)

I posted this in the forums 4 hours ago and my post was deleted????
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Is this really just because of the Sentinels? Then why does it happen in every fight? I’m confused as to the rationale for this angle shift—did anyone play with it beforehand and, if so, did absolutely no one conclude that it was at best weird and and worst disorienting? Or was that the point?

Why not announce it in your changelog—“new update features a free nausea-inducing camera judder at the outset of fight!” I’m at the stage where I’m happy to buy a boost or potion that eliminates this new “feature.”

One more thing: why pigeonhole this thread in suggestions and requests?

Dr. Zola
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Didn't even notice until this post. Looks good to me.

I do notice the jerk. Played about 100+ fights since the update >12 hours ago in monthly events, modok's lab as well as arenas, so far so good. Don't get me wrong, the jerk is obvious in all fights, just that luckily I don't get too much of the motion sickness or headache.

While it is bad that it impacts many of the players (if not all), on the other hand, I can't stop wondering, if this is not getting fix for a long period of time, does it mean, my ARENA GRINDING weekends will be better bcos the cut-off will be much lower? hmmmm ....
  • token555token555 Posts: 22
    Tunesmith wrote: »
    I think the issue of nausea could be significantly alleviated if the camera movement wasn't moving the plane of the horizon as it adjusts to the height. As it is, you're adjusting the focus point of the ground plane vertically in a way that makes it seem like it is floating, at a time where the player is expected to focus on two moving horizontal elements (the approaching characters) which causes a disconnect.

Just wanted to emphasis this as it is a very good and constructive post and what I believe is causing the issue for me.
    I think it should be possible to have the zoom come in and the height adjust to the different height characters without have the map "floor" bounce. just removing the floor bounce should make huge strides in lessoning the problem.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Hey everyone!

Is it really that hard for you guys to acknowledge this as an extremely annoying feature, which takes away fun from playing the game?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

Zibiit,

We highly encourage taking breaks. Your health is far more important in any given situation. What was said by Zibiit doesn't change that despite your request, and with that said, please keep this discussion on the topic about the screen shifting to take in champion height differences.

Tell that to the people who don't yet have blade an need to grind shards before his crystals go
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I like the addition of the Sentinels, and love that you've found a way to make them as big as they should be. I personally think the little "blip" at the start of the fight is not a huge deal.

For those with motion sickness and other symptoms, I feel for you. Take a break, don't play, and keep the arena scores down for guys like me to get some easy champs. Thanks.
    edited March 2018
    I'm now seeing massive lags when the shift has happened making fights really unplayable

I'm sure you meant well on this change but it's really affecting fights
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I like the addition of the Sentinels, and love that you've found a way to make them as big as they should be. I personally think the little "blip" at the start of the fight is not a huge deal.

For those with motion sickness and other symptoms, I feel for you. Take a break, don't play, and keep the arena scores down for guys like me to get some easy champs. Thanks.

Try an Arena fight and post what you find after the screen shift happens
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    One of the first things I noticed, it's very noticeable and annoying, please change it back :(

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Okay, I want to address the "take a break" suggestion.

It's instant. Clearly the effect causes more problems for some people than others, but for those of us who have a problem, it's instant. It hurts my eyes a little the first time and a lot the fifth time. I can't take a one hour break after every five minutes of play.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I’m I the only one who hasn’t even noticed this until it I read this thread? O_o
    An odd “bug” I guess, but it doesnt really seem to bother game play all that much...to me anyways..:/