**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW/AQ Piloting

Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
Just wondering if kabam is ever going to do something about the massive abuse of the terms of service that is more commonly referred to as piloting? Kabam in case you didn’t know Piloting is where a few skilled members of an alliance are logging in to other alliance members accounts to fight wars and on a smaller scale AQ. The desired results being fewer deaths and higher attack bonuses for better placement and better rewards. There are even mercs selling their services to alliances.

It’s too late to save season 1 of alliance wars but hopefully kabam can make examples out of enough people too discourage the practice in the future. Seriously it’s getting ridiculous how rampant piloting is becoming.

Comments

• juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    No, because basically its very difficult to catch piloting unless a specific merc is on there radar . But rest assure as soon as kabam realises its costing lot of $ to them there will be a very swift action
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Just wondering if kabam is ever going to do something about the massive abuse of the terms of service that is more commonly referred to as piloting? Kabam in case you didn’t know Piloting is where a few skilled members of an alliance are logging in to other alliance members accounts to fight wars and on a smaller scale AQ. The desired results being fewer deaths and higher attack bonuses for better placement and better rewards. There are even mercs selling their services to alliances.

It’s too late to save season 1 of alliance wars but hopefully kabam can make examples out of enough people too discourage the practice in the future. Seriously it’s getting ridiculous how rampant piloting is becoming.

They are very much aware of it an had the perfect opportunity to show it's a punishable offense when a well know youtuber was caught up in it. Guess they don't care
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    They are making tons of cash cause people are buying boosts like mad, and healing before every fight, so they don't mind
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    It's a problem. One alliance I was about to join said it was mandatory to give my info to the BG leader who piloted everyone in that BG. Prestige and account info were the requirements. So I didn't join.

Last 3 war we went against we're piloted in sure. You can tell when you see the movement. Everyone moves in coordination and stops and unlinked nodes. Dead give away.

Doubt Kabam will do anything cause it's a huge problem.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    There is no doubt it happens, We all know it does and Kabam sure as hell does as well. But truth is they don’t care. They aren’t going to crack down on it as the top allys are the big spenders. They spend tonnes on crystals, boosts, deals, getting through end game content and even refreshes in arena. If they start banning these players and/or penalising their allys, they will lose the revenue they get from those other areas of the game. And that revenue will far outweigh the amount of items they would otherwise use in AW if they weren’t being piloted. It makes no sense to try and stop them.

Unfortunately it makes fighting these guys in AW an unfair battle and a certain loss. Unless of coarse both allys have pilots, then it’s pilot vs pilot and whatever, they are just as bad as each other.

I don’t think it will ever change, master bracket will remain a pilot bracket. And no doubt eventually filter down to platinum 1 and so on.

It’s sad that allot of legitimate allys that play fair have to face and lose to the cheaters, but like I said, it’s not something Kabam are gonna stop. They would much rather keep these guys happy and spending than create a fair contents and lose revenue.
  • If kabam isn't going to do anything to them, then just award them the top prizes and make room for honest alliances to move up the tiers. Give them their own little tier and shower them w 6* shards and t5b, idc. But keeping them in the general pool of alliances keeps every other player from receiving the rewards they should be getting.

I see people (many times, it's members of these alliances) saying "it doesn't concern you, doesn't change your wars, move on". But that's incorrect because it's a ranking system across the entire battlerealm.

I see others saying it's not easy to definitively identify these players/alliances, but that's not correct either... There are many ways to do so and I'd imagine kabam has them all at their disposal. It has nothing to do with ip's, before those people pop up with their misinformation.

In the end, it's cheating. They should be stripped of rewards and tiered down at the very least... But as another user already stated, kabam had the perfect opportunity to lay down a precedent and "keep the battlerealm fair" and they decided against it. Since then, countless alliances have sent tickets/screenshots/videos with clear enough proof for action to be taken. They're always met with the same responses and those alliances are still at full strength and still in the same tier. I get the privacy issue, but it's easy enough to keep up with players/alliances in game to see there are no changes.

I'm holding out hope that the end of the season will have a surprise for them. It'd be awesome to see a huge shake up in the leaderboards and all honest alliances getting a 50-200 bump in ranking. It's really the last hope for honest players and if it doesn't happen, there's no clearer indication of how things work here.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    how about that one time someone piloted for someone who went on a date.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I don’t think there is any surefire way to detect and stop account sharing/piloting from happening. Kabam seems to be taking this as a case-by-case basis and investigating only when people are reported. I don’t know what if any action has been taken though.

In my opinion, I hope Kabam goes after the big dogs first like the well known people who advertise their services. Those are the ones ruining the competitive nature of this game the most. Give their main accounts 30 day ban and see what happens from there.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    I really wish people would focus on discussing ways to improve the game or giving insights into the game mechanics, but all of this whining about piloting is lame.

In the streets it’s called dry snitching.

It’s a game just play it
  • Cry more baby,i like it lol😆😆😆
  • juST4fUN wrote: »
    No, because basically its very difficult to catch piloting unless a specific merc is on there radar . But rest assure as soon as kabam realises its costing lot of $ to them there will be a very swift action

And how do you know it’s hard. Are you a game developer. It’s actually quite easy the amount of information they have about you and the dother vices you use. It’s just they don’t take action
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

If you suspect a player or alliance of breaking the terms of service, please do report them so that it can be properly investigated by the team. We do take violations such as cheating and account sharing seriously and will investigate reports to the best of our ability. But as we've said many times before, the specifics of any investigation or actions taken against accounts will not be discussed on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.