**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Season rewards give rise to piloting.

Bring on the hate but I’m over it. We have lost 2 wars in a row because the other teams were using only a few people to play everyone. Don’t even act like this isn’t true either. Everyone knows it and talks about it, people even beat hard content for other people for money. There were people that got Thanos from labrynth bc they paid someone else to play it. I’m just over it already. Every alliance does it, at least in the top 200-400 for sure. So what if something doesn’t get finished bc you have a life... guess what? It’ll be like that for everyone else too. If you can’t beat the hard content yourself you shouldn’t get the rewards. The negative impact this has had goes all over the place. The value of items and catalysts is false representation of a naturally progressed inflation/deflation. Do it. Make it so you have to verify your device to sink your account. And if you get a new device have a process to get it switched. Done deal. Now go, quick like a bunny and get it done.

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    If “Everyone knows it and talks about it” means that you get accused of piloting for winning then yes, that is rampant. If it is actually happening or not is another story.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Do players deny piloting happens because of lack of knowledge, becoming defensive because their alliance pilots, they enjoy playing devil's advocate, some other reason, or a combination of these and other reasons?

Social media forums that don't shut down discussions (reddit, facebook) have provided a large amount of evidence that piloting is common in higher AW tiers. If you're going to argue that piloting doesn't happen, you should provide proof to support your claims. Many players have provided evidence that piloting occurs, such as personal experience with alliances requiring members to give login information before they join, and top AW tier alliance members and well known YouTuber boasting about taking out 5-6+ bosses in a single AW.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Do players deny piloting happens because of lack of knowledge, becoming defensive because their alliance pilots, they enjoy playing devil's advocate, some other reason, or a combination of these and other reasons?

Social media forums that don't shut down discussions (reddit, facebook) have provided a large amount of evidence that piloting is common in higher AW tiers. If you're going to argue that piloting doesn't happen, you should provide proof to support your claims. Many players have provided evidence that piloting occurs, such as personal experience with alliances requiring members to give login information before they join, and top AW tier alliance members and well known YouTuber boasting about taking out 5-6+ bosses in a single AW.

So because it happens it means every time you lose it’s because the other team piloted ? It’s virtually impossible for a player to know the other alliance is doing it unless they say in the game chat that they are. Does that happen often ? No, so why are you getting upset about something outside of your control.

All your focus should be every war it to maximize total points, you are not competing with the other alliance per say but rather yourselves.

• Daz2708Daz2708 Posts: 36
    Think someones a sore loser .....snowfake
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Piloting wasn't given rise by Seasons. It's been an ongoing problem. People are more aware of it because there are Rewards at stake. However, I agree with what's been commented. We can't assume that's the reason for a Loss without having some kind of proof. It's become somewhat an excuse to dispute Losses. Not in all cases, but many.
  • It’s sad but it is a very big problem and has been for some time. There are many RMT problems. People buy donations, people bought top 5 for act 5 finish to get thanos 5*, people hire outside pilots for aw.

It sucks but it’ll be like this till something is done about account sharing. Not sure what could be done about the donos

• Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    So isn’t piloting a fancy name for account sharing, which is against the terms of service . So wouldn’t it be a banable act?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Piloting wasn't given rise by Seasons. It's been an ongoing problem. People are more aware of it because there are Rewards at stake. However, I agree with what's been commented. We can't assume that's the reason for a Loss without having some kind of proof. It's become somewhat an excuse to dispute Losses. Not in all cases, but many.

Piloting was given rise by Seasons. It has always been an on-going problem, but most alliances were never too bothered with it because AW rewards weren’t worth that effort. The incredible season rewards is what brought rise to heavy piloting now.

Account Sharing is the real issue. It's been around for a long time. Far too long, frankly. It's the same thing.
    Omni wrote: »
    So because it happens it means every time you lose it’s because the other team piloted ? It’s virtually impossible for a player to know the other alliance is doing it unless they say in the game chat that they are. Does that happen often ? No, so why are you getting upset about something outside of your control.

All your focus should be every war it to maximize total points, you are not competing with the other alliance per say but rather yourselves.

1) I gave examples to support piloting occurs (like you asked for), I'm not able to elaborate on those examples because doing so violates the forum's terms of service. Your first sentence is a false assumption you came to on your own.

2) I didn't say anything about being upset.

3) Alliance War Tiers are based on %. That means alliances who pilot earn higher tier rewards by cheating, which in turn keeps alliances who don't pilot/cheat from moving up tiers.

4) AW Seasons rank rewards are not the only rewards alliances miss out on because of piloting. Tier 3 is top .5%, just under the top 500 AW rating alliances. Tiers 1-3 give 6* shards, if piloting is ignored then the message to increase 6* progression is cheat until you get caught.

5) Kabam is able to identify when piloting occurs, the question is whether they want to. Close to all players who throw out comments about "VPNs" or "device identifiers" or other means of determining when accounts are accessed from multiple devices have a fraction of accurate knowledge of how companies track their users' internet access. Information security and cyber forensics are not my areas of expertise, but it's possible to learn about how companies track their users' internet/device access from knowing people with meaningful experience in those fields.

5) You change your stance in your 2nd comment from asking for evidence that piloting occurs to saying that it's close to impossible to identify when piloting occurs. Chose a stance and stick with it, or concede when others provide evidence/details that disprove your points. No one has all the answers.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

1) I gave examples to support piloting occurs (like you asked for), I'm not able to elaborate on those examples because doing so violates the forum's terms of service. Your first sentence is a false assumption you came to on your own.

2) I didn't say anything about being upset.

3) Alliance War Tiers are based on %. That means alliances who pilot earn higher tier rewards by cheating, which in turn keeps alliances who don't pilot/cheat from moving up tiers.

4) AW Seasons rank rewards are not the only rewards alliances miss out on because of piloting. Tier 3 is top .5%, just under the top 500 AW rating alliances. Tiers 1-3 give 6* shards, if piloting is ignored then the message to increase 6* progression is cheat until you get caught.

5) Kabam is able to identify when piloting occurs, the question is whether they want to. Close to all players who throw out comments about "VPNs" or "device identifiers" or other means of determining when accounts are accessed from multiple devices have a fraction of accurate knowledge of how companies track their users' internet access. Information security and cyber forensics are not my areas of expertise, but it's possible to learn about how companies track their users' internet/device access from knowing people with meaningful experience in those fields.

5) You change your stance in your 2nd comment from asking for evidence that piloting occurs to saying that it's close to impossible to identify when piloting occurs. Chose a stance and stick with it, or concede when others provide evidence/details that disprove your points. No one has all the answers.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen. I’m saying it’s a waste of time worrying about it because it’s ourside your control.

I know it happens but I’m not going to blame losses on it. If we lose a close war by a few deaths it’s still on us to improve. That has nothing to do with the other alliance and their piloting or lack of piloting

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen. I’m saying it’s a waste of time worrying about it because it’s ourside your control.

I know it happens but I’m not going to blame losses on it. If we lose a close war by a few deaths it’s still on us to improve. That has nothing to do with the other alliance and their piloting or lack of piloting

Thanks for clarifying. I agree with that 100%. Only thing I'll add is Kabam does listen to players' AW feedback. Diversity points changes, attack bonus, and AW Seasons rewards are examples of changes made based on player feedback. If we don't give feedback on why we hate AW piloting, Kabam may not take steps to prevent piloting from occurring.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Bring on the hate but I’m over it. We have lost 2 wars in a row because the other teams were using only a few people to play everyone. Don’t even act like this isn’t true either. Everyone knows it and talks about it, people even beat hard content for other people for money. There were people that got Thanos from labrynth bc they paid someone else to play it. I’m just over it already. Every alliance does it, at least in the top 200-400 for sure. So what if something doesn’t get finished bc you have a life... guess what? It’ll be like that for everyone else too. If you can’t beat the hard content yourself you shouldn’t get the rewards. The negative impact this has had goes all over the place. The value of items and catalysts is false representation of a naturally progressed inflation/deflation. Do it. Make it so you have to verify your device to sink your account. And if you get a new device have a process to get it switched. Done deal. Now go, quick like a bunny and get it done.

@Obi_Jedi0110101 How were you able to confirm this is the reason you lost and they were actually doing it? You have yet to explain that part. Could it be that you just actually lost and are really just finding excuses to blame it on?
  • Obi_Jedi0110101Obi_Jedi0110101 Posts: 35
    Lol you guys are all hilarious really and want to cling to this method of playing so hard and you can’t see the forest through the trees. It’s wrecking the game. It’s given Kabam tons upon tons of false data. Example, look at the jump in difficulty from realm of legends to labrynth.... that’s partly due to the fact that countless accounts got through ROL and RTL bc of outside help...... look at the season rewards and hard janky labrynth rewards are in comparison.... why do think it’s like that? I didn’t make this post to get punishment for anyone, don’t worry, we’ll all get our season rewards. People pay pilots. This is a real thing. Anyone with any integrity will side with me on this. “But I play multiple devices....” “ do you have proof?” Etc etc.... All these things are weak attempts to hang onto something that is actually hurting you and everyone else. Why aren’t alliance items any cheaper than before? Same deal. I manage just fine with 1 device right now and I’m a very busy individual. This is just like all the crying after the 12.0 nerf, which I supported even though I wasted tons of money chasing champs that got hacked up. Why? Because I’m smart enough to recognize the need for it. Just. Like. This. #MAWGA Make alliance wars great again. Just let the season finish as is and implement an update for season 2.... it’s simple. Maybe #kabam doesn’t want to, idk.... or maybe they should call up NetherRealm and ask how they do it.
    Once again I’d like to reiterate I’m not looking for anyone to get into trouble bc if anyone who played someone else’s account or has had theirs played got bummed the game would be over. Show some class this is a real problem and I think could easily be fixed. Of course the people with unlimited resources will probably still find a way around it but that’s how it goes.
    I. Not even gonna respond to denial posts because that’s just what they are. And I will keep fighting to make alliance wars great again! #MAWGA
  • XoopXoop Posts: 39
    I'm in an alliance that is completely against piloting. We were sitting in master rank about half way point this season. Ever since then the death count has dropped at an incredible rate. Now a month later, we're hanging on for dear life to rank in platinum 1. Sure people are getting better and dieing less but the amount of piloting loses we've had is very disheartening. I really hope they are looking into someway to fix this but I'm not hopeful.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

On iOS, this would violate Apple's terms of service. You are not allowed to force customers to prove their eligibility to use a different device connected to the same iTunes account. You can, at most, require them to log in.
    It doesn’t matter. #kabam won’t do anything until their bottom line is effected, never,ind the black market they’ve created with this nonsense. I can sit here and tel, you the going rate for pilots is $10 per person they run.... there are alliances that have bidding wars over the same pilots. Sick of people acting like it doesn’t exist..... you all know it’s true. I purposefully am not leaning towards admission because this has been going on since Ultron was the AQ boss..... which was no big deal but piloting has evolved. It’s gone from time/item saving to a whole new monster. Thanks season rewards. I think #kabam knows it and let’s it happen because of business. Think about it. Say a guy wants to quit..... so he sells his account.... and yes this common practice. If h hadn’t, then that’s one less account logging in.... in the business world the more you log into the game the more chance you have at spending. It’s just getting tiresome. Like I said earlier, you all think it’s benefitting you but it’s not. It’s hurting you and everyone else because it creates a false inflation. The game gets harder based on data so essentially you’re shooting yourself in the foot while shooting everyone else at the same time. STOP DENYING IT! #kabam I have a simple solution. So fix the problem and don’t tell us how you di, just do it. Then for first time offenses you apply a lockout for all account affected, just like when you change alliances for 10 days..... no alliance rewards. Next offense you enact a 10 day ban from the game..... 3rd offense you just issue a permanent ban. This will weed out she’ll accounts made for the sole purpose of piloting. It’s hurting your bottom line #kabam..... even though pilots die you lose money. I’m sick of it. A large ban would kill the game so let’s just take it easy and give people a chance to adjust. A certain person revealed it live via YouTube and blamed it on a “valentines date” so don’t act clueless #kabam..... surprised he’s still anybody in the community after that. The point is, you claimed you wanted to bring balance to the game with the 12.0 nerf #kabam but truth is, you killed the old gods to bring in new ones to begin the process all over. And now it’s come home to roost. You got alliances paying people who aren’t even in the alliance to play accounts for rewards they otherwise shouldn’t get lest they spend gobs of money..... money you should have. I’m tired of it. Play your own account or don’t play. It’s that simple. Many of us played your game chasing prestige..... and paid. But now it’s about those season rewards, so people still pay, just not to you #kabam. And ally these haters can fly I a kite because I don’t care anymore. Time to set the slaves free.... fix this ****. It’s stupid and undermines the point of the game... where is your pride huh? You got 15 guys who haven’t played their own alliance war in a year? What is that!? For a game that presses so hard to continue it’s pretty one sided. The same people always benefit. Not even gonna drop names bc like I said I just want this fixed fo all of us, but this stuff has been going on forever.... ever heard of the 1 death rule and then you pm an officer your info? That was when prestige for aq was top priority, now that aw season rewards are the biggest thing in the game it stands to reason that maybe #kabam is behind this all along.... why not? Whe. Someone quits they sell their account.... an otherwise dead data space now has become an account that carries on. And what better way to coax revenue then keep you on as much as possible. Deny it all you want, because I’m not trying to implicate any one, but it nds to change.... already talk of next season peopl hi omg outside pilots, people that aren’t even in the alliance..... this is BS and it’s gotten way out of hand. If you can’t play then don’t. I like this game and want it to continue but at this wreckless rate. Do something about this. It’s expired.... let the chips fall where they fall otherwise legal action can be taken against you especially if you know of the problem @Kabam Miike and refuse to fix it while people throw money at you to get nowhere..... plus it’s unethical business practice. End the piloting and bring true balance to the game..... or is that not what you want? Could argue it that way also...... why not target new users with offers. The 12.0 nerf was a sham. You killed gods to make new ones to start the chase alll over again only to kill them again. Come at me with some logic for this, I’m open ears @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @MAWGA..... MAKE ALLIANCE WARS GREAT AGAIN
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    Piloting story:

So I once went to this basket ball tournament. I knew MJ was gonna be there and I’d def not beat him, but maybe I’d beat everyone else. So, I play against MJ and of course I lost. I’m waiting for my next opponent and out walks MJ and I lost again. I’m thinking wtf I just played MJ. Ok so I lost again and I’m thinking ok well maybe I’ll get third. I’m waiting for my next opponent and out walks f’in MJ again.

When you play against piloted alliances you ruin the skill needed in game. Instead of needing 30 skilled players you need only 1 or the ability to afford 1.

u lost to mark johnson? what a scrub!
    Blah blah blah, you’re team is the biggest offender
    Play it off all you want, I hope you all get banned
    Rhetoric rhetoric rhetoric..... piloting has evolved, like I said. This has nothing to do with losing a war. You know what this means. Making the game fair. How much did you bid agains ny718 just curious?
  • Knowing what I know.... I can't pick out any false statements in any of those posts @Obi_Jedi0110101
  • Rhetoric rhetoric rhetoric..... piloting has evolved, like I said. This has nothing to do with losing a war. You know what this means. Making the game fair. How much did you bid agains ny718 just curious?

Who are you talking to? Less ellipses and more paragraphs please.
  • Omni wrote: »
    And you can tell or know they were doing this how?

Oh just stop it. I was in a top alliance and they pilot. If you know the people on top, eveyone knows what is really going on. And how do some alliances magically get better when they saw the new AW rewards a few months ago. Trust me...there's a lot of piloting, but Kabam won't admit it.

I don’t think they are saying it isn’t happening. I think they are saying you hav to report it so they can look into it. Just saying someone is doing it isn’t enough. Report it
    Exactly. It needs to be adressed