**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Work/Life/Game Balance can't exist with the current MCoC

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
I took a break from the grind for a while because family life was crazy... I've started to dip my toes back into the water to get to a better balance between work, life and gaming and with the volume of tasks to do to extract shard crystal rewards out of this game without spending too much, I came to the conclusion that this game isn't sustainable for people with busy lives.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still playing, but the amount of time it would take to develop a true understanding of the new AW node list is ridiculous... and then the nodes are subject to change. There are so many characters to understand, develop and master and the number of new characters seems to be accelerating. If you get behind in understanding everything, you're REALLY behind.

Combine this with the sheer **** of the PHC shard crystal and what do you have? A game where most content is unobtainable nad/or understandable by a casual gamer.

In my serious days, I was in an alliance that did AQ 55554 and were in higher tiers in AW. With that serious amount of play, I would net probably 3-6 4* shard crystals per month, with a 5* crystal about every 4-6 weeks. I tried to hit arena mins and grind for basic champs too. This was with what I consider to be SERIOUS time commitments.

Now, I hit the Halls of Healing or whatever zero energy quests are available, the monthly quests once through to maximize my Marvel Insider rewards, the daily cat quests to make sure I have enough cats when I can actually level up someone and maybe hit an arena min every now and then. In my tiny little alliance, we run 1 BG of AW and usually only fill up 1 BG of AQ. We're an open alliance that isn't full. With this amount of effort, I pull a 4* shard crystal a month, maybe 2. Am I complaining? I'm not. I am truly trying to understand what types of rewards I can earn at this playing pace.

So... what's the point? If players have to dedicate a large amount of time in game to obtain the amount of rewards you need to have a shot at the newer champs, where does that leave n00bs and the casual gamer? It leaves them out of the equation, that's where it leaves them. What do you have left? A platform that may not be sustainable.

I'm just glad I realized this before dumping hundreds MORE dollars into a game that is moving into a more confusing, less sustainable state.
Post edited by Kabam Rimehaven on

Comments

• Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    I’m in a similar place, used to be in a 5x5 Alliance and got to busy to keep up.

Just play the game for fun
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    MMCskippy wrote: »

I'm just glad I realized this before dumping hundreds MORE dollars into a game that is moving into a more confusing, less sustainable state.

I understand your gripe, but what solution do you have offer? I know they wont listen to you but if a person is going to have a gripe they should have a solution.

IMO, the game is highly sustainable. In all games, new content must be provided to be sustainable and this game does have this. New content means the game grows, a growing game is going to be confusing for any one that doesn't sink the time in to learn.

From reading your post, you make me think you want a game with less content.

I've said this many times, either you're a gamer, or you're not.

• Christian899Christian899 Posts: 88
    edited April 2018
    It takes a toll on you after a while, yes. That’s why I’m in a semi-retired alliance now rather than a 5x5 AQ and all out war alliance. It’s manageable since the grind is a lot less. Just find yourself an alliance that is retired or semi-retired and play the game for fun.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Id like to see you address the comments on the forums. You know the stickied thread about the recent changes to aq.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Hey there Summoners!

Thank you all for taking the time to engage here and discuss your thoughts on the state of the game, more specifically the time requirements needed to keep up in the game. We completely understand where you are coming from, specially as someone who plays, that it can take a bit more time to really grind out what you need. On one hand, you want to keep content engaging and rewarding enough for those who put in the time and effort to earn the rewards. On the other hand, you need to still find ways to make the game rewarding for those who aren't on the same playing field as top tier Alliances. Balancing between the two can be difficult, and we will make sure all of the feedback is this is shared with the team here. Keep in mind, we can't make promises that changes will happen, or if they do that they will be soon. Rest assured, we are listening and keeping a close eye on the current state of the game and the experience of Summoners on both sides of the fence.

I would definitely encourage this constructive discussion to go a bit further though. How would you want to see changes brought to the game and where? How would you personally want to see things balanced?

I would like to see more balance in gold gain. I made a post on it that had quite a long discussion. For me this is really the only thing that needs balance.

Maybe some lower tier summoners need more of another resource, but it seems to me that could easily be tweaked with glory increases at the lower tier.

There does need to be a path that new players can take to catch up. Many players are leaving or taking a break now that AW S1 is over. There needs to be a way that progressing players can catch up to fill these spots. Yes, it will make what we (those who have been around for years) have done mean less. That is a small price to play to ensure the longevity of the game.

We can't expect that others should have to play 2.5 years just to catch up to those who have already player for 2.5 years. It's not sustainable.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Instead of grinding for hours in an arena, I would like to see mini-wars, or some sort of pvp mini game. Can be alliance based, or just 2 on 2, or 3 on 3. Basically, I would like more avenues to gain materials rather than just quests or arena. It can be quick, it can be skill based (competition for fastest kill, kill while taking the least damage, etc.) but yield nice rewards.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    The only problem that takes time is Gold! Forced to grind arena for gold is a bad idea. Gold is scarce and needs to be more available.
  • I have spent a bunch of money last year to make sure i was competitive. I am affraid to look at my bank account to see how much but i know i am not far off when i say upwards to almost $1000. I spent $275 alone on the Christmas specials that kabaam offered. I had to buy units so many times because of a glitch on a qwest that left me with no resources or in hopes to get a good 4* champ. I have found myself wanting to make sure that i never waste my money again. After the modifications made in aq, the hyper mode defenders in aw, glitchy game play in big fights, and the new drop rates in crystals, i think i am going to remove my credit card from my google play account and start scaling back on how much i play this game. I am tired of spending 8-9 hours a day and having the minimum rewards offered. I use to be able to pull a 4* champ from the premium hero crystals every 75-100 spinns but now i feel like i am at almost 200 and have only pulled 5 or 6 3* characters inbetween. My 2* roster is almost to max sig level on all my characters. I am very disappointed on how greedy kabaam has become. Also i am not sure about anyone else but the kind of low end garbage i see my alliance members and myself pull every day is also becoming ridiculous! @Kabam Miike i am sad to say this but if we don't get significant changes to these sentinels and improved randomness from crystals i will be hanging up my account and find another game to play like maybe marvel strike.
  • Christian899Christian899 Posts: 88
    edited April 2018
    Gold needs to be made more available for sure. Rank up materials such as tier 3 class cats need to drop after 1 run. Our inventory of tier 4 basic and class cats need to be expanded. Items that we’ve worked for should not expire. AQ rewards need to be buffed to compensate for the apparent change in difficulty, and drop rates on hero crystals should be overhauled to produce better odds. Also remove battle group minimums. It really isn’t necessary. I am a huge fan of marvel and I truly enjoy this game that you have created; I’ve been playing this for over 2 years and I feel like these changes would further push me to continue playing for an even longer time.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    edited April 2018
    I agree with you 100%... I quit for a couple of months myself, and after coming back it became more apparent to me than ever that there is absolutely ZERO balance between enjoying the game in a serious, but casual way and progressing in any way that is satisfying.

Honestly, the game is in shambles and I'm not sure how they'll ever be able to win back the community... and if people weren't so indentured into the system and the rosters they've slaved over for the past 2+ years, it would go belly up.

That's really the only thing that's keeping people hanging on at this point... they have too much invested and still have hope it'll get better.

You're absolutely correct. If it wasnt for all the time most of have put into this game with the current state most of us would leave and take our money elsewhere. Its hard to put something away that quite a significant amount have put thousands of dollars into. I know i would.

Sadly i have realised they dont care. They listen to these guys on Youtube that are not a voice of the community. Most are fulltime gamers that grind bc its thier job or get sponsered by CHQ to buy their crystals. Not the hard working middle class adults trying to have a good time and spending more then we should. When this whole time they have this forum where they can see the masses screaming and it falls on deaf ears. I have never really vented openly in these forums but its really growing old.
  • In alliance qwest there should ways to earn potions or revives along the way. Also if a player is logged in and active the energy timer should be reduced to say 45 minutes per energy.
    Alliance war victory crystals should never have 3* arena boosts! (I pull 9 out of 10) if alliance revives are going to cost a minimum of 180 units then they should not be 350 life points. You literally have to grind 1 whole event to get enough units to revive durring a qwest or war and 350 life points will not get you anywhere. Sentinels need to be modified. Get rid of the class bonus or at least reduce how many there are in aq. (1per path per section)
    In story or event qwest give us an energy refil, small refill, potion or something after the 1st and before the last time completing. After running down 3 different paths and getting 825 iso and 2× 125 iso it become redundant.
    (This is the most important of all right here)
    Quit giving us the things we have the most of and make things actually random. I have 7 science 4 tier catalyst, not a decent champ to rank up, almost no science iso, but i have a bunch of mystic, cosmic, tech, and mutant iso about to expire.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    It feels like the people who are keeping this game going from a money perspective are the ones who already spent a lot already and don’t want to feel like they wasted their money.

The biggest improvement needs to be bug and lag fixes. I don’t want to get off topic, but there is no point in adding new content if a significant number of us, even if we are the minority, can’t take advantage of it.

I would like to see much better rewards. There is way too much grinding in this game. I feel like I play arena constantly (I don’t), and I am always short on gold. It makes it feel like such a drag. I am not playing because I want to. I am playing because I feel I have to or else I might as well give up and throw away everything I have done so far.

The additional rewards will lead to bigger and better rosters for us all. What is the point of having this huge cast of characters if it is so hard to get them and level them up? I mean it takes years! Along with that, most of the characters need to be tweaked to be more useful. There is no reason to upgrade characters who can’t be used outside of the arena.

These improvements should then lead to better events that require different types of champions to play. It would give the developers more options to create a greater variety of content that forces us to think about our team instead of always using the god tier champions. For example, one path could be easier if you have a crit synergy. Another path could be easier if you have several poisoning champions. You can only do this if we can make our rosters big enough to have a large variety of champions.

In summary, the extreme emphasis on grinding for resources needs to be replaced by better content that requires team building strategy as well as fighting skill to keep the events fresh and engaging.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    I would definitely encourage this constructive discussion to go a bit further though. How would you want to see changes brought to the game and where? How would you personally want to see things balanced?

End game here...

Current rewards and resources were designed for a 3* and 4* era but we have 5*s and 6*s to rank up. PHC shards for duel events are meaningless. As a most if not all alliance event rewards. 250 4* shards? Not useful at end game levels where 4*s pretty much become last resort questing champions and arena fodder.

T1a? Give us more. Ranking up 5*s are giant pain.

Gold? Limited even for end game players with sizeable rosters who grind hard and very consistently (23 million a week).

Potions and revives? Make them percentage based. Again...current ones are designed for 3* and 4*s champions and not workable today. We can't afford to shell out $25 to revive and fully heal a rank 5 5 star just ONE TIME. Seriously...how many times have people suggested this change?

Storage capacity? Increase it again.

You guys keep pushing and pushing and pushing without giving much back. To compensate we have to work harder and pay money. Burn out sucks. I'm in a top 0.5% alliance and most of my mates are burnt out.

And don't just listen to us in this thread, there's a million threads in the bugs and issues section with players asking what the heck is going on with this game and it's fallen on deaf ears. Or buried and locked and deleted. You guys have been messing with combat mechanics since 12.0 and every month we keep losing ground to the AI. The game become a massive cash grab where our mechanics are being limited every month (parry, recovery timings, dexterity, and all combat mechanics in general), while the AI has their's buffed. Enough with the money grab. We're fed up.
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    edited April 2018
    Gold rewards need to be scaled better. T1a needs to be scaled better. Eventually unless you are a very heavy spender or even heavier arena grinder you will have gold shortages. And I think most people uncollected are experiencing t1a shortages.

Other obvious change would be the addition of a 5* basic arena. The ability to grind for basics allows players unwilling or who can’t afford to pay for crystals to get new champs on a delay. It’s been part of the game for most of the games life. Without it, it puts players at the mercy of luck for the champs they can acquire.

As far as time spent playing per day that’s up to the individual player. If someone else can play 14 hours a day and get better rewards then me more power to them. Same with spending. If a player can drop a grand a week on this game they can have all the champs, no gripes from me. But let me get them 6 months later like I’ve always been able to for my substantial commitment of time. Let me get the resources to continue to rank and level my lower roster while waiting on top ranking materials. Basically let me continue to enjoy the game as I always have.

Life is about resource management. The game is our escape from that. When I hear people talk about managing gold and alpha1 I just cringe. It like owning a fleet of lambos but I can’t afford gas. Keep the carrot cat rare but give us the basics we need. The uncollected title could add a 3x buff to t1a acquisitions and the problem would be solved.

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    and these guys suddenly add extra path on MAP 5, ahahhahaa
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    You could make halls of gold available once per week ! that will not change anything for people grinding and having millions of gold on their account but at least, summoners unable to grind would have a chance to get some gold in order to upgrade their champions.
    Why not allow experience, past level 60, to become gold too ?

Concerning arena, it's true that its really hard to get enough time to grind but as you created different level of arena depending on the time you played, you could create another level of arena based on the "Total Base Hero Rating" of the summoners ?
    I mean summoners with a Total Base Hero rating between 0 and 100 000 will compete against each other, as those between 100 001 and 200 000, 200 001 and 300 000 etc...
    People would therefore really get a chance to get the desired champion by grinding against summoners of their level.
    Top players competing against top players ;)
  • Simply put scaling, just scaling.

You’ve introduced a new level awards, achievable if uncollected. Bravo, perfect example of scaling.

You’ve increased the overall difficulty, on average, of the contest as we’ve progressed. Stronger accounts mean we can handle stronger challenges. Congratulations again, scaling!

You’ve increased the availability ability of lower tier shards as you’ve introduced newer levels. 4* became easier with advent of 5*. 5* became easier with the advent of 6*. Hip hip hooray, scaling again!

Now let’s take a peak at what hasn’t scaled.

1. Gold rewards - We have all sorts of newer and more difficult challenges but gold payouts are the same as 3 years ago. Why not scale?
    2. T1As - Most of us remember selling these, by the dozen, back when the were awarded all over the place. It’s odd, T2As are much more common but T1As are, in fact, more rare than 3 years ago. Reverse scaling? Simply put, you are going the wrong way here.
    3. T4Bs - As noted above, when 5* became available, 4* were easier. Same with 5-6*. Isn’t it time for t4bs to be easier with t5bs around?
    4. Masteries - This part of the game is FASCINATING to most. So much potential, and let’s be honest, so much revenue from unlocking. I won’t try to list all that’s happened since the last mastery was released but LoL and Act 5 weren’t around. If you want some ideas, just ask, community is full of them. (Wouldn’t hurt to fix PS, it’s been over a year now)
    5. Energy - just like masteries, energy used to increase in this game. Now, paths are longer, making completion of a single path, take more time or units. Not quite reverse scaling, but certainly not any progress. I think most of us veterans assumed a 10pt increase with Act 5. Guess that expression about ass-u-me is correct.

In conclusion, you’ve scaled part of the game, now balance it out. Your community looks and sees a new map node introduced without warning, and wonder what you could be possibly focusing on. I think many/most of us would prefer addressing some of the above issues before we redesign map 5. Scaling, you’ve done it before, and gosh darn it, you can do it again.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Biggest problem of this game is first pulling a decent champ and if you somehow manage to pull one , you have to wait for ever for all those different cats to come by and somehow if you got them and ranked/ maxed a champ, only after a while you pull the same champ at the next higher star..

So same story again? Where is the fun in that?

If i maxed a 4* iceman and then pulled him as a 5*, i should immediately be able to transfer all the resources invested in the 4* towards upgrading the 5* free of cost.

Believe me, that would make a lot of players happy and loyal to the game

Also ENERGY is the biggest issue with playing, with everything else needing time or money to spend, either standardize the whole game to 1 energy per tile or let not any extra energy be used on paths already run through just like aq/aw.

2 simple changes are going to bring a massive turnaround to this nosediving game