Options

Work/Life/Game Balance can't exist with the current MCoC

2»

Comments

• Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Potions and revives? Make them percentage based. Again...current ones are designed for 3* and 4*s champions and not workable today. We can't afford to shell out $25 to revive and fully heal a rank 5 5 star just ONE TIME. Seriously...how many times have people suggested this change?

Bro its absolutely ridiculous the amount of potions used to top up R5 5*. Die once in war and you'd have to spend 300+ units to heal up
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @rooster30

You are thinking statically, try to think dynamically. The alliances are too large for the sorts of alliance play that is currently in the game.

Here is one small change that can be easily made. Cut the number of paths in AQ, limit the size of the BG to 5 players. Create content for the other 15 members of the alliance to do, you know like alliance war. All members of the alliance get rewards. No one has to play both simultaneously but can rotate each day or however the alliance wants.

There are plenty of others things that can be done to improve the game, make it fun and competitive, without having to spend 8hrs per day playing.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    If you cut the alliance size in half then you have twice the amount of alliances suddenly in the game how would they redo rewards and rank rewards
  • Options
    PadweePadwee Posts: 1
    The timers in AQ need to be 30 minutes instead of an hour. Whenever they are 30 minutes, it is so much more enjoyable to be able to finish AQ quicker not have to worry about logging in at all times of the day, especially when you have alliances that are in many time zones.

Also, why aren't the offers that we get when opening crystals ever updated? I love opening my pile of worthless PHC and getting offers to buy 3* crystals for 400 unites or 4* crystals for 2500 units. I can buy grandmaster crystals for 200 units each and they guarantee 3* hero for half the price of a 3* crystal and a chance at 5* hero, albeit small one. Fix the old content that is worthless and still hanging around. Update rewards and to give us grandmaster crystals instead of PHCs.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @rooster30

You are thinking statically, try to think dynamically. The alliances are too large for the sorts of alliance play that is currently in the game.

Here is one small change that can be easily made. Cut the number of paths in AQ, limit the size of the BG to 5 players. Create content for the other 15 members of the alliance to do, you know like alliance war. All members of the alliance get rewards. No one has to play both simultaneously but can rotate each day or however the alliance wants.

There are plenty of others things that can be done to improve the game, make it fun and competitive, without having to spend 8hrs per day playing.

im a big fan of redesigning alliance content to not require all players to complete, allows for people to break for a day and not tempt people to break TOS. it allows for AW to be a competition between your top players not trying to see which alliance will have the weakest bottom end, this tempting breaking the TOS.

that along with the fact that keeping 30 people on the same page is tiresome for leadership especially given the weak in game tools (none?) for managing an alliance.

Also, thanks for engaging the players on this discussion. THIS is very important for the health and longevity of the game.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    rooster30 wrote: »
    They have that already...no one has to join bg 2 or 3 in aq, and if you don’t then it does not affect your alliance prestige.
    Same for aw. Did you know:there’s an option to do 2 or even 1!!! battle group?
    You guys are asking for a complete redesign of two large modes of gameplay.
    Statistically or dynamically, it is not going to happen.
    We need to focus on the things that can be changed-scaling of rewards and gold and the overall horrible state of the game controls, something i think most of us can agree on. And i think that’s where we need to start, where we can build consensus.
    Believe me, I hate aq and aw i’m their current format, don’t mistake me for a fan, but right now, completely reworking the modes isn’t realistic. We need to use the options available, running less than 3 groups in aw and not opening extra maps in aq.(To be fair, i am a fan of reworking them in time, but it just isn’t priority right now. would love to see more options as far as mini games within those modes and different bg options.)

Joining 1 or 2 bg is detrimental to the active people in the alliance. They want to remain competitive even if you arent going to be available. Its easier to just kick the people who arent available than to lose the rewards.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Running fewer than 3 BG in any competitive mode ensures finishing outside the top 1000 in any AQ series, AW season. I think you are saying you are OK with that, and many are. But this game is built around the alliance, and many continue to play for that relationship. Those people who play just for the relationships are the people feeling most burned out right now. They are also some of the most loyal players, and most understanding because they've remained with the game for 3 years through growth and stagnant periods.

Those are the people who, if you want to have this game running in 2020/25, you HAVE to keep engaged and not burn them out.

Kabam just needs to decide whether they would rather get all they can from their customers in the short term by running them ragged, or build the game around longevity and keeping their most loyal players engaged, and allowing for a healthy balance with competitive play and real life.
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @Blax4ever, I read your post above and my head just about popped with ideas...

If the whole alliance received awards for AW and AQ events even if only 1 BG competes, it would allow a great way to balance time, it would also essentially scale up rewards. You could have BGs switching back and forth between AW and AQ. Guys won't get burned out doing 5x5 week in and week out and it would be easier to specialize setting defenses in AW and coordinating champs placed.

This thread has turned into more than I would've dreamed... These are such great ideas and there's a lot of constructive feedback.

I think the toughest thing the developers have to face is the difference between a new account and an established account.

Because my account is more mature and I don't have enough time to play, I never even touch my 3* champs except during item use events or advancement events.

The multiple arenas are great options. Early on in the game, I used the 3* arena to get new champs to have a chance to test them out. Now, if I have time to arena, I hit the arena with the best milestone awards. I'm trying to get more rewards for my time spent in game. I'll admit it's my choice, but spending the time needed to even grind for a new champ in the 3* arena is more time than I have... and even when you gain a cutting edge 3* champ, where can you really use them? I'd argue you can only really use them in arena... which if you don't have time to grind a lot of arena... you don't use your 3*s.

When the game content was more limited, 3* god tier champs had a huge place in the game and could actually fill in for a 4* champ until the RNG Gods smiled upon you and you FINALLY pulled your 2nd 4* Switch or 2nd 4* Thor. 3* champs were in DEMAND! Now they seem to just be 2* champs... sitting on the bench, gathering dust.

What's the problem with this?

Of the original 4*s, I still don't have Sym Spidey and Superior IM just through RNG luck. I don't have 90% of the 4* champs since Mordo was released and for over half of the time since Mordo was released, I was playing at a level with the most grinding I could do. During that time, there were weeks where my SA contributions were non-existent because I literally had no champs to level up. And that's when the frustration started to build... the writing was on the wall:

- If you want the new champs, you have to be ready to buy crystals or grind a LOT of arena.

Where is this rambling mess leading? Here:

Because PHCs only drop 2*, 3* and 4*, why hasn't the drop rate for 4*s been ramped up by 1,000%?

4*s are the minimum cost to play most of the content in game and their drop rate should increase to at least a 15% chance on a PHC shard crystal. Maybe have the PHC shard crystals drop at:

50% - 2*
    35% - 3*
    15% - 4*

This would do a tremendous amount to fill in 4* rosters and generate 5* shards.

I honestly think there is SO much content to be played (to be clear, I ain't complaining about the amount), I don't think the balance of the game would be changed with a lot more 4*s being dropped from PHCs.

Oh... and 5* shard crystals should be reduced to 5,000 shards apiece if the drop rates don't change... I'll be in my grave before I fill out my 5* roster... BUT... if the 4* drop rate is increased out of the PHC shard crystals, I'd be OK with the 5* crystal staying at 10,000 shards... because I'd be earning more 5* shards from PHCs instead of ONLY from 4* shard crystals and completion rewards for events.

I just know how hard alliance leadership works to keep the high level alliances working. I played for a long time even after I realized that being an alliance officer is almost an additional full time job. I had to scale back when my kids grew up. Whether you're a gamer or not, when you have kids, you shouldn't be neglecting them to play a game you like. You simply hope the game you like allows it to fit into your life.

I think reward scaling needs to increase to a level where a casual player can still feel like they're progressing.

One thing to consider: Changing PHC shard drop rates seems like it would be an easy change to make, even for a trial period, and then the effect of that on the game can be studied. I also think changing drop rates would be a super positive marketing move for Kabam. Who gets excited to open up PHC shard crystals? They stunk to open when there were only 4* champs and they haven't really changed since the 5* or 6* tiers were added.

Another thought: Could the PHC drop rates or resource amounts needed be changed based on Summoner Rating? If you're SR is over 400,000, the game could potentially know your resources need to scale up when you cross certain Summoner Rating milestones.

I know all of these suggestions have been made before on the forums, but because there are always new eyes in here... they're worth repeating.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @MMCskippy

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

The PHCs as constructed now serve multiple purposes gaining new champs is just one of the things they do.

Kabam introduced the uncollected game mode and uncollected crystals to give the tenured players a crystal with 3,4 and 5 Star Champs, no two stars.

Overall I think most of the players in the game would agree that the rewards for playing the game need to upgraded.

Kabam has their work cutout for them to keep the game fresh for multiple levels of players. New players, Casual, Hardcore, long term players, exceptional skill players etc. it’s a tough task.

The best the community can do is give some constructive feedback.
  • Options
    Elohim16Elohim16 Posts: 65
    Making the game easier to progress means it's easier for EVERYONE, which wouldn't change much beyond the scenery. In general, everyone would move up in power, which means we'd all be where we are now in the game's economy.

Giving everyone access to a million dollars only increases the price of a hot dog.
  • Options
    SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    edited January 2021
    Rednick69 said:

MMCskippy wrote: »

I'm just glad I realized this before dumping hundreds MORE dollars into a game that is moving into a more confusing, less sustainable state.

I understand your gripe, but what solution do you have offer? I know they wont listen to you but if a person is going to have a gripe they should have a solution.

IMO, the game is highly sustainable. In all games, new content must be provided to be sustainable and this game does have this. New content means the game grows, a growing game is going to be confusing for any one that doesn't sink the time in to learn.

From reading your post, you make me think you want a game with less content.

I've said this many times, either you're a gamer, or you're not.

You are absolutely wrong. If you have a solution to your own problem then great but you should be able to bring a complaint to the people responsible and it's not unreasonable to expect THEM to come up with a solution since they caused it. There IS no solution to this problem. This man feels like I do and like many do. He sees what this game COULD BE if it weren't for alot of things KABAM does, and by the time he realized how complex and time consuming this game is he was too invested to quit. He, like many, just want a MARVEL game with the best graphics and animations, the largest roster, monthly quests linked to movie releases, and for it to be enjoyable and not feel like a full time job when he already has 2 counting his family. OP, I hear you brother. It's okay if you want to vent. Unfortunately this is a pay to win game made by a very money hungry company, always will be, and that's what drives all of the bad elements.
    He never said he wanted less contact. He said that the game is too complex, confusing, and time consuming. Then when you add all of the elements that slow you down so that people can pay to win, like quest energy, it becomes extremely frustrating. Think about it. If you play all day and/or spend money you have a ton of units so quest energy time-outs are pretty much non-existent because you can buy quest energy refills whenever you want. The casual player sometimes can't even complete 1 path without being timed out from quest energy. Clear pay-to-win advantage. The gambling element of the crystals is totally unfair and the game would be better without it as well. We need more control over the champions we can win (like Nexus crystals), and less fights that depend on certain matchups. There's too much content that is dependent on having the right counter champion and you have no control over what champions you pull unless you spend tons of hours and dump hundreds on crystals or on units to revive you champions in arena and win champions that way. We need champions with easier to understand abilities, easier to use abilities, and that don't depend on Max signature level. It's totally unfair that some champs are basically useless without Max sig (alot of the older champions) and others do not. Some don't even need to be duped to reach their full potential. Champions like Black Widow, Antman, Rogue, Deadpool, etc could be Gods at max sig but nobody would ever know it because it's damn near impossible to dupe them enough times to take them to max sig. IDK how sustainable this game is. There is alot that is wrong and alot of people frustrated.
  • Options
    SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    edited January 2021
    They can still offer new content, and difficult content for those who want it, while making changes to make the game less complex, confusing, and time consuming. There are a ton of unnecessary added elements that take away from the fun of having a casual gameplay experience. It's like they don't want you here unless you're a full-time hardcore pay-to-win gamer who takes this way too seriously. Not everybody is a Youtuber. Not everybody gets money back from playing this or has the time to dedicate, in fact most do not.