**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[Android] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    BlueActarusBlueActarus Posts: 5
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
    Device Operating System: Android 5.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode:Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena. I don't do Alliance Quests or War so I can't give an info on those.
    Description of the Issue:
    -I have opponents skipping frames during combat. I.E. If the opponent is blocking, suddenly it is in a combo chain with no transition from the 2 stances. Impossible to counter or foresee.
    -Inputs given for blocking, parrying, evading and attacking do not always connect. Especially after recent update.
    -Occasional Lags and slow downs in mid fight.
    -Often I get unwanted/unplanned heavy attacks.
    This happens with no specific champion. It's an overall thing.
  • Options
    trx_ecliptrx_eclip Posts: 11
    Device and Model: Google Pixel XL
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Cellular - Rogers
    Game Mode: Same issues as everyone has outlined above. Game not responding to inputs in AQ and AW.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy s8+
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0 (newest version)
    Game Mode:Alliance Quests or War so I can't give an
    -I have opponents skipping frames during combat. When lag gets bad (this is mainly arena though).
    -Inputs given for blocking, parrying, evading and attacking do not always connect. Especially after recent update. This is worst in aw and to a lesser extent aq.
    -Occasional Lags and slow downs in mid fight. (Mainly arena but has happened in alliance events too.)
    -Often I get unwanted/unplanned heavy attacks. This happens in all modes, it tends to happen in harder fights as i push slightly firmer on the screen then. I played with sensitivity but lower affects abiliy to swipe with lihht pressure. Please change this back. Accidental heavy attacks cost lives.
    - i also get issues where on the home screen i click the figjt button and it highlights, but then it wont take me to the fight screen. I have to restart phone to get it to work.
    - p.s. lag is less of an issue that when it was at its worst. I cant seem to find a particular time of day that affects it as it only happens for tens of minutes a day (and not at all on somedays).
  • Options
    CR7gouravCR7gourav Posts: 52
    Device and Model: (One Plus 5T)
    Device Operating System: (Android Oreo 8.0.0)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Mobile carrier: Airtel
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: There are two issues i face.

1. Connectivity issue: quite frequently the game displays connection issues even though my wifi or mobile data is on. It takes time to get into and out of fight in all modes of the game. It also shows problems when moving from one tile to other in quests. I used to think its a connection issue at my end as the data speed displayed on my notification bar drops drastically but recently i tried opening other apps like youtube, chrome that use internet. i found that the game is showing connection issues but such apps browse and play videos without any lag or delay and the data speed also ramps up. So, my internet is absolutely fine, it is a issue with the game.

2. sometimes when i block in the middle of the screen on slightly left side, the blocking doesn't happen and i end up taking hits, if i block a little below - bottom left of bottom mid left the blocks are always perfect. This is not a screen issue as even if i rotate my phone it happens sometimes.

Issue 1. is a bigger problem for me, see if it can be fixed.
  • Options
    Bravo3120Bravo3120 Posts: 13
    Device and Model: Asus Zen pad 3s Z500 m
    Device OS: Android 7.0
    Cell Data or Wifi: Home Wifi on gigabit internet
    Game Mode: Arena, Story Quest, Event Quest, AW, AQ
    Description of Issues: Unresponsive controls (particularly in blocking and dashing back), this of course impacts evade and parry mechanics. Both of these issues became more frequent after the recent update. Also started having issues when going from one "tab" like the "fight" tab to the "champions" tab. The issue there being that when moving from one to another the actual elements of the screen to do anything besides press the green buttons at the top just disappear. Only solution at this point is to force close the game and come back in. Unintended heavies and mediums when going through combos leaving champs wide open to get hammered. It seems like when you want something to register it doesn't 1/2 the time and when you are just trying to light attack somehow a heavy or medium is getting registered. Thanks to Klaywiki for typing this out so I didn't have to. ;)
  • Options
    LG Tribute HD

Android 6.01

Version 17.2

in every game mode takes 3mins per loading screen and i cant record slows down game
  • Options
    DjBabuDjBabu Posts: 42
    Redmi note 4
    Android 7.0
    WiFi & cellular
    Version 17.2.0
    dca8ypb9zc75.png

Not happening before this update
  • Options
    13_unit13_unit Posts: 0
    Sony Xperia performance x
    Android 8.0.0
    WiFi
    Latest version of game
    Any

Mostly block and parry issues, sometimes specials don't fire, dash forward rather than back, can happen as soon as I open it, or 20 minutes in.
  • Options
    zigmortzigmort Posts: 8
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: lag, glitches, opponents won't throw specials, I get hit right after my combo because my guy won't block, my specials get blocked even when I time them perfectly,
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • Options
    JefrinaldoJefrinaldo Posts: 4
    Device and Model: Redmi note 3.
    Device OS: MIUI 8.0
    Cell Data or Wifi: cell data LTE/WCDMA
    Game Mode: Arena, Story Quest, Event Quest, AW, AQ
    Description of Issues: Unresponsive controls (particularly in blocking and dashing back), this of course impacts evade and parry mechanics. Both of these issues became more frequent after the recent update.
  • Options
    Availingsnail2Availingsnail2 Posts: 20
    Device and model: sm950f, samsung s8
    Device OS: android 8.0.0
    Cell data or wifi: both wifi and lte
    Game mode: aw minimal, aq common, arena frequent, story quest minimal, event quest frequent
    Description of issues: unresponsive controls to the point of unplayable if screen rotation is bottom of phone to left...can only play if top of phone is positioned on left.
    Character stands there unresponsive after sp or evade. Character stops mid combo. Character does not block. Sp does not activate
    All since last update..
    Phone is not overheated as it occurs when first starting game or at random moments frequently.
    Lags when opponent dashes forward so totally mistime parry and/ or it doesnt nlick at all for a few secs
    Character dashes forward when i evade back/ dash back
    Worse in boss fights and long fights!
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model: Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi mostly
    Game Version Installed: Latest (17.2.0)
    Game Mode: Any

Long loading screens, network disconnection notifications pop ups frequently, tapping to block doesn't register in time, blocks drop while being attacked, and "sticky shoes" issues where my champs can't evade back while being attacked. Overall, when fighting, input sensitivity seems drastically reduced in the last 2 weeks.

Also, some fights the screen zooms in at fight start and the champions are larger than usual. The frame rate is faster and smoother but it's so drastically different from the other times that I make mistakes.
  • Options
    Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    Samsung Galaxy s6 edge
    Wireless
    Game is extemely sluggish, evertime i go in to attack, the game slows to a snails pace. Only when the opponent hits me does it return to normal speed. It does not give me time to register a block or dash back after a combo because of the slow pace/frame drops. I have never had any issue with this before, just started happening after you introduced the challenge.
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited April 2018
    These threads are [Removed by Moderation] ridiculous, we have Androids NOTHING will ever get FIXED. I swear you guys aren't trying to fix the game, you're just data collecting for nefarious and mslicious reasons

Device and Model: SONY XPERIA X
    Device Operating System: NEWEST
    Cellular or WiFi: ALL
    Game Version Installed: NEWEST
    Game Mode: ALL
    -load screens, it takes 1 minute to complete a fight and initiate a second fight, even if you win in 10 seconds. 80% of my playing time is [Removed by Moderation] load screens
    -phone getting so [Removed by Moderation] hot recently
    -game chop, this is out of control, I've said it since day 1, you fight opponents with higher pi and its game clipping/lagging. You wanna screw us? Make Hall's of Healing a permanent Sunday quest, but wait.. You overcharge potions at disgusting high unit rates, can't lose revenue there
    -half the time you click "help" for alliance mates doesn't even register. Great, so a year ago you made it so we only need to click half the amount of times
    - yet again, 5-10 seconds to ask for help.. Are you [Removed by Moderation] serious? I'm telling you, get rid of it. Make loyalty chips part of daily login calendar. Readjust cooldown timers to shorten them a bit automatically

Nothing ever gets addressed, just the new content to satisfy the whales and the rest of us just need to "adapt"

Makes sense since the game is and always has been "working as intended"
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited April 2018
    Oh I also forgot to mention, autoplay when it feels like it, dropped blocks, non evades

Oh here's a new one, but not important so I'm sure it will be fixed. When doing arena and you are swapping around Champs for matchups screen, all names and details are just rectangular blocks
  • Options
    Leviathan11Leviathan11 Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model: Samsung galaxy note 4
    Device Operating System: 6.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi. Don't play over cellular data.
    Game Mode: Event quests, story quests, AW, AQ and arena.
    Description of the Issue: Recently the game lags way too often, including long loading screens. There's also an issue when the opponent uses a special attack and my champ seems to stay stuck and I am not able to evade. Also there are random heavy attacks being triggered in the middle of a combo.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Samsung Galaxy S7, and S9+
    Latest software for both
    Home & Work wifi and cellular data (worse while on home wifi due to local despots, so I typically play on cellular data). Data through 2Degrees in New Zealand
    Latest game software always updated day of release
    All game modes

Description: framerate drops significantly when a stack of arena helps are queued up, anything from some slight slowing all the way up to full second-long freezes. It gets worse the more champs are queued for helps.

Challenge content control reliability. Against significantly stronger content (Uncollected monthly quests, AQ/AW bosses, Act 5, etc), the controls become significantly less reliable. I can walk through champs with similar PI, but as soon as it hits about 2x higher PI things like parry, dexterity, and intercepts become less reliable to the point that 4x PI is simply unplayable. This is true regardless of my champs. Using a 7k blade against a 10k Rhino = no problem but same blade against 20k Rhino and controls begin to fail. It's more prominent in new content like monthly events and the special challenges with unique buffs.

I originally attributed it to my 2yr old S7, but just bought a new S9+ and am seeing the same issues.

At this point, I'm stepping away from any serious content into a "retirement" ally and considering walking away from the game entirely.
  • Options
    Bravo3120Bravo3120 Posts: 13
    The lag between when block is tapped to when it happens this morning is wildly inconsistent. Im getting back dash or hard attack when not input as well.
  • Options
    AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Please include as much information from this template as possible with your report.

Device and Version: (Example, iPhone 7) Be sure to include make and model of the device you are playing on when experiencing the issue.

Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Model: SM-G955U

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.” You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”

Android 8.0.0
    Version 9.0

Mobile Carrier: (Example AT&T) If your device uses cellular data, please include information about your data provider.

AT&T

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both?

Both

Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store or Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5)

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Every game mode there is. Especially present in the faster AI.

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked?

5* Blade. Signature lvl 0
    5* Magik. Signature lvl 0
    5* Ghost rider. Signature lvl 20 when dubbed or duplicated he has the signature ability of "Spirit of Vengeance" unlocked.
    4* Mesusa. Signature lvl 22 when dubbed or duplicated she has the signature ability of "Living Strands" unlocked.
    4* Quake. Signature lvl 20. when dubbed or duplicated she has the signature ability of "Ricochet Pulse" unlocked since y'all don't know.
    4* Rogue. Signature lvl 99 when dubbed or duplicated she has the signature ability of "Psyche Absorption" unlocked.
    4* Gwenpool. Signature lvl 21 when dubbed or duplicated she has the signature ability of "Plot Armor" unlocked.
    4* Archangel. Signature lvl 26 when dubbed or duplicated he has the signature ability of "Increased Toxicity" unlocked.
    5* Doctor Octopus. Signature lvl 0
    4* Thor. Signature lvl 99 when dubbed or duplicated he has the signature ability of "Ragnarok" unlocked.
    4* Hyperion. Signature lvl 31 when dubbed or duplicated he has the signature ability of "Cosmic Potential" unlocked.
    4* Captain America. Signature lvl 60 when dubbed or duplicated he has the signature ability of "Safeguard" unlocked.
    4* Scarlet Witch. Signature lvl 99 when dubbed or duplicated she has the signature ability of "Veil of Fortune" unlocked.
    Sighhhh
    4* Starlord. Signature lvl 60 when dubbed or duplicated he has the signature ability of "Tactician" unlocked.
    5* Hawkeye. Signature lvl 0
    Shall I go on? Or we get the point? Its everyone Kabam. Against any opponent. In any game mode.

Active Boosts: Are you using any boosts when you experience this issue?

Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely. But doesn't matter if I do or not. Still happens. Which is why I don't anymore...

Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the problem you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. Include how often it happens (once, sometimes or always) and how long you've been experiencing the issue.

Posted in August of 2017. "This has happened sooooo many times since the 3 Emergency Maintenance day... I'm clearly sitting here tapping about 2 or 3 hits into a combo and then they just randomly stand there!!! Won't do anything no matter how many times I tap even after they're standing there! I'll swipe back and hold back to block even sometimes and they won't respond and will just start walking towards the enemy! Please tell me I'm not the only one?! This has cost me soooo much in AW/AQ and Act 5! Never ever ever had such a problem till those Mantainence days. I have a brand NEW Galaxy S8+. Everything up to date!"

Posted also in August of 2017: "This has been an absolute huge problem for me today after yesterday's, ruining everything AQ and me in Act5, emergency maintenance. I get on today and characters are missing while the enemy is going for a heavy! Character just standing completely open when I'm clearly tapping to attack or holding to block. As well as when I was fighting Venom in AQ I couldn't properly evade his special which is honestly really really easy to me and never had a problem whatsoever b4 today. Everything is off!
    On the most up-to-date version of the game and Android 7.0. On a Galaxy S8+. SM-G955U. Samsung experience version 8.1. How does this magically keep happening? Really would love to know."

And in December of 2017: Every. Friggin. Day. For. Four. Months. Get. A. Galaxy. S8. And. Play. Hard. Content. For. Hours. Experience. This. For. Yourself. Make. Sure. It's. Something. U. Need. Too. So. U. Can. Also. Feel. Our. ABSOLUTE. FRUSTRATION. Bs... Another. Modok. Event. Down. The. Drain. For. Me. AGAIN. Thx. Kabam.

And another. Ty so much @f9_abs for more proof that this is one of the biggest "secret" problems of the game right now! I swear probably more than half of the players probably don't even realize it's happening to them. Probably feel like they maybe just getting lazy with their timing or something. But there are plenty of times I'll back away from an opponent and tap block and hold 3 or sometimes as much as 5 times till it will actually stay up again. This problem has been a constant problem for me. Hell. Right now all 3 of my champs out in AQ just after 2.5 fights because of champs being completely unresponsive. It's completely destroyed all hopes of really progressing in this game. I went from beating Wolverine with SL in ROL to not even being able to get past 10-20 hits most of the time. Anyways. Thx again for the HUGE support on this even BIGGER problem!

I promise. There's plenty more out there but that's the gist.

Screenshot or Video: If you are able to capture a screenshot or video that helps visually demonstrate the issue you are experiencing, please include it along with your report. More information on how to take a screenshot can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BcsBBiPyCg
    sorry for sound and language but yeah. Think I really took my finger off my screen when the special was fired after she already brought up her hands? https://youtu.be/OzaHX2lur78
    And another. Throughout this one my champ doesn't respond to my initial swipe to evade. Randomly stops attacking throughout the fight as well as blocks dropping. Went for a block at the end but it didnt register so I used a special in Hope's that it would register.
    https://youtu.be/5ju9D6ysb70

This has been a constant problem since August of 2017. Don't let this keep getting swept under the rug!
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    LG V30 (Basically Brand New, Storage not even 50% used)
    Verizon
    Most updated MCOC
    Its gotta be the servers or the game. I'm about 80% certain the devices are not the issue and that some values in controls were tweaked.
  • Options
    KaydanmoKaydanmo Posts: 37
    I hope this get fixed asap!
    I have a Samsung S8+
    On Verizon (Cellular)
    Android 7

I have the same issues. When attacking an opponent my champ just stops attacking and then I get blasted with a 5 hit combo! I will say that I also have a Note 5 on Verizon as well and it never doea that when I'm using that phone. But when I'm using a far newer phone it stops recognizing my taps when attacking. I'm wondering is it because of the new infinity displays Samsung using on their newer phones? Is MCOC not compatible with the new displays? 🤔
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    since the "DROPPED BLOCKS" thread was closed recently and we are told to come here to talk about those issues I would like to know if dropped blocks will be fixed in v. 18.0?

my samsung s8+ with latest os and latest version of the game keeps getting this issue as well as heavy lag and dashing back not working with all champs and in all modes too

please fix this kabam and make the players happy again
  • Options
    Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active.
    Android 8.0.
    Both wifi and cell coverage.
    Version 17.2.0.
    I experience dropped combos and blocks. The game has a slight glitch when trying to intercept an attack. Dexterity does not work consistently. Sometimes I want to use a medium attack and calls for a heavy. This happens across all game content but mainly war and aq.

• Options
    Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Device and Model: Nvidia K1 Shield
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi only
    Game Version Installed: Latest (17.2.0)
    Game Mode: Any

Horrific lag, sometimes to the point where I seem to be watching stuttering frames rather than a game. Sometimes I input a command but the character does not perform the action. Especially noticeable when I do a 5 hit combo that turns into a 4 hit combo. Very long loading screens.
  • Options
    ChrisS1506ChrisS1506 Posts: 52
    Device and Version: Moto Z Play

Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1

Mobile Carrier: Verizon

Game Version Installed: 18.0

Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, AQ and AW. Seems worse in AQ & AW.

Champions Affected: All

Active Boosts: None

Description of the Issue: Dropped blocks, won't dash fwd/back, unresponsiveness to commands of all types, AI able to react faster than players can to block SP's & recover. On occasion champs have started a fight, and in the middle of the fight just stopped, and stood there for the rest of the fight. It's disgraceful, and seems to get worse the more content you add! Instead of developers focusing on fixing the game we all love, we're always adding more content. Very strange strategy to me. Let's put a cool paint job on a broken down car...hmmmmm.
  • Options
    DarK_EviLDarK_EviL Posts: 6
    Device and Version: OnePlus One

Device Operating System: Cyanogen OS 13.1.2 based on Android 6.0.1

Mobile Carrier: Vodafone IT

Game Mode: Infinity Dungeons

Description of the Issue: Once i join this game mode, my FPS drop drastically and make it unplayable, impossible to parry, attack, etc. everything lagg. The Device also overheats abnormally.
  • Options
    ArminiusArminius Posts: 12
    Device and Model: HTC One M9

Device Operating System: 7.0

Cellular or WiFi: both

Game Mode: any

Champions Affected: all

Description of the Issue: 20 seconds+ per loadingscreen isn't just annoying as hell for me, even worse for the iOS Users i play the new Dungeons with! (in terms of grinding Points, how should an Android-User compete in Arena with all the iOS users? Most iOS users got loadingscreens under 5sec!) in any mode its nearly impossible to perform a "perfect" fight without beeing hit. when the ai dashes at you, activates a SP, a lag occurs so that it's hard to impossible to evade/block/parry the attack. Sometimes in aq/aw the fight starts and you cant move at all during the whole fight.
    Very annoying if you try to complete the uncollected difficulty at the monthly events or act 5.3. and 5.4..
    Progress for all!

STOP ADDING CONTENT AND FIX THOSE PROBLEMS ASAP P L E A S E !!!!

ps. the chat of the new dungeon mode is buggy for Android Users too. sometimes it just doesn't show messages (normal text and presets!), which is another pain in the ass. "just guess which node your teammate wants removed"
  • Options
    MegaForceBlueMegaForceBlue Posts: 65
    edited April 2018
    Device and Version: ZTE AXON

Device Operating System: Android 6.0.1

Game Mode: All modes

Description: Since the new 18.0 update, controls become much more unresponsive, especially with dashing back. If I wasn't doing anything, and only dash back, it would also just stand there and not take the command. If I was already blocking and attempted to dash back, it released my block, but did not dash back as intended.

This has been an ongoing issue, but it was much more severe after I updated to 18.0
This discussion has been closed.