**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Infinity Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• billbillbillbillbillbillbillbill Posts: 29
    @Kabam Miike have you seen enough people complaining that it takes too much time? Pretty sure most of the community agrees. Will anything be done about this? I will not be spending anymore of my money on this game. Fearing I will quit soon if you make me play 6 hours a day to reach max rewards.
  • billbillbillbillbillbillbillbill Posts: 29
    edited May 2018
    YAY. more server crashes during dungeons!!!! You guys are killing the game. how hard is it to triple the points for the dungeons and have no penalty for failing? or is it more fun burning out your community by forcing them to play buggy content for 4 hours a day to get rewards.
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • Denimar97Denimar97 Posts: 15
    What are you going to do about players who have lost points and milestones because of the connection problems bug? I was in the middle of a dungeon 5 room 4, lost my points and rewards because of this. We need a compensation Kabam.
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    Got my strongest team burned because of the emergency maintenance
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Personally I haven’t ran a dungeon in 2 days. Not too many people want to play continuously for 20 minutes straight 3-4 times a day for the milestones. I figured to get the good rewards a person would have to do it daily anyways so I’ll just let the cards lay where they fall running it when I can
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Need way to leave dungeon when you are facing either a wipe, or when other player decides to join and never move. Matchmaking needs to have at least a button for both to confirm before dungeon begins, so you know they are there for the start, and with an option to cancel the run if you got paired with a team half the PI of yours. Matchmaking should not go beyond +/- 15% of party PI, and just keep waiting instead of screwing you over.
    Also, at the Conclude/Next Room screen, when time runs out, it needs to default to any option chosen instead of just failing you both. You don’t even get credit for the room you just cleared to get to that screen.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Everyday I ask myself how much more of this can I take. Before Dungeons I was grinding most of the arenas (minus the Sunday joke arenas), playing all monthly levels, AQ, AW, etc. I felt myself starting to burn out so I cut out all major arena grinding except for hitting the rank milestones to grab some extra shards and help "get in the pool". When Dungeons hit, I stopped all arenas except alpha/T4B. I can honestly say I am more burned out now because of Dungeons then I was when I played all the arenas!

This is crazy, we need weekly milestones and some tweaking. Kabam, please listen to your customers.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    If someone can go through room 3 dungeon 6 they should be done with the 7500 milestone for the day. That’s the scaling needed. If I log today after 12 and find that I have to do 6 rooms of dungeon 6 instead of 7 then those changes are no where near enough.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Dungeons will easily burn you out, if you let them. But you don't HAVE to go for max rewards from it. Play them when you can, get what you can, but don't force yourself to do them each day. I know the drive is there to get the max rewards, but... pretend you already DID get all 3 5* crystals, and even the Awakening gem. Now pretend you got 3 champs you already had duped, and the gem is for the class you have the least use for. So basically nothing! For all that effort! But since you got the most you could already, you can just casually grind the dungeons when you feel like it ;)
  • Just had my dungeon freeze. I've barely started doing them (this was my 3rd or 4th, because I'm just not that interested). Will I lose all what we'd gotten even though we'd finished the dungeon and it just timed out on the decision screen.
    By the way, that timer is way too long to make a decision.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    Dungeons are not a good place to introduce new buffs.

Sometimes the text is confusing. Sometimes I just don't read through them well enough because there is a time pressure. Either way, if I misunderstand a node in single player and get destroyed, that's unfortunate, but no big deal. If I die because of a dumb mistake in a dungeon, I've let someone down. That's really bad.

Plus, a lot of these new nodes are garbage. Massive Fury or unblockable specials. If you get two nodes like that, you might not be able to get past the miniboss in the first room no matter which you pick. Then you've wasted your partner's time.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you can run D6 it's a lot less grind than D5 and it's not much harder. With double nodes on every fight it can be harder on some runs but you can clear all milestones in 20 minutes if you can beat room 4, and even if you have to stop after 3 and go back in and do rooms 1-2 it's still much faster than d5.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I had my first dungeon run today in a few days.

My teammate kept getting Iceman after Iceman and eventually lost his whole team. I still had all
    my guys on 100% health. Was keen to push on for one more room and fight the boss with degen node active (which I could have easily done without trouble) but my teammate didn’t want to risk it and refused to agree.

So I had to quit on full health.

Wish there was an “eject teammate and play on solo” option.

Your teammate made the right call, get over it.
  • dungeonisuselessdungeonisuseless Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I'm so frustrated when encountering noobs that don't move or fight their node.
    PLEASE Give us a button to penalise them or quit the dungeon . Dont force us to wait out the whole 15 min!
    this is stupid.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    It is nice Kabam acknowleged how long these awful dungeons take and modified it a bit. I still think it should be nerfed a bit further. It is a fun hame mode but I hate doing because of the time required. Further tweaking is needed.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    I’d still like to know if anything will be done regarding the missed milestones prior to reformatting the brackets. Those dark artifact shards missed are the difference between two 5* crystals or three.

• AndyspirosAndyspiros Posts: 17
    3kxd8mcqo28w.jpeg

27k is a lot, but if you're able to hit every milestones every day, you should be able to get 3 of the 5-Star Crystals. You are able to purchase the crystal multiple times, so you could theoretically buy the same Crystal 3 times.

You did remind me of something important that I should probably call out. Notice that the Champions in the Top Prizes are blue. The crystals contain Basic Champions. Duplicating them will only give 1 Signature level, and no Shards, etc.

Hi Miike,

You’ve said that in theory we can get the same crystal 3 times. Due to the Chaos, Nightmare, and Genesis Crystals not being available in week 6 we will not be able to buy them a third time as dark artefacts are gained over time and the third 27k will only be available at the end of the event. Please can you fix this by making all 6 crystals available on the last day of the event.

Many thanks,
    Andy
  • Ryansapph wrote: »
    gave up on the most BORING and UNFAIR event in the game here, no reason why a highly active, uncollected level 60 player with over 100 4 stars, 16 5 stars should not be able to get top rewards.

SHAME ON YOU

You can have a hughe roster, but without hands, you won't go everywhere.
    I had my first dungeon run today in a few days.

My teammate kept getting Iceman after Iceman and eventually lost his whole team. I still had all
    my guys on 100% health. Was keen to push on for one more room and fight the boss with degen node active (which I could have easily done without trouble) but my teammate didn’t want to risk it and refused to agree.

So I had to quit on full health.

Wish there was an “eject teammate and play on solo” option.

You could have changed phats after seeing that there were one Iceman after another. It's also about strategy... If you want to go further, you don't have to abandon your teammate.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    Telling someone what node to drop on mostly separate paths and having the person that needs it most get the boss regen isn't an interesting element of teamwork or strategy. But it does commit players to playing an hour essentially uninterrupted.

Fails on both fun and logistics. Please Kabam, don't do these again.

Lol are you being serious?

It is strategic, maybe not at its most best, but still... it’s fun to play with friends
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen a drastic drop in Alliance activity? Not many are bothering with dungeons, but on top of that they aren't back in Arena either. It's been a struggle to hit the loyalty cap, usually taking the full 24 hours (waiting on energy requests only) when it used to be done within an hour of reset.

I'm not sure if it's just us or what. Burnout and fatigue seem to be hitting us and with Season 2 of AW coming, I expect it to get even worse.

Absolutely noticing the same issue in my alliance. I’m convinced it’s all dungeon related, it think of dungeon milestones were weekly rather than daily it could solve this issue.

It’s about time everyone got some time off grinding the same rubbish every 3 days and week.

It feels good to be free and just do a few dungeons a day, more worth it too.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen a drastic drop in Alliance activity? Not many are bothering with dungeons, but on top of that they aren't back in Arena either. It's been a struggle to hit the loyalty cap, usually taking the full 24 hours (waiting on energy requests only) when it used to be done within an hour of reset.

I'm not sure if it's just us or what. Burnout and fatigue seem to be hitting us and with Season 2 of AW coming, I expect it to get even worse.

Absolutely noticing the same issue in my alliance. I’m convinced it’s all dungeon related, it think of dungeon milestones were weekly rather than daily it could solve this issue.

It’s about time everyone got some time off grinding the same rubbish every 3 days and week.

It feels good to be free and just do a few dungeons a day, more worth it too.

This is correct. Look around...the rewards in this game outside of monthly EQ and now dungeons are just awful and pathetic. Kabam has no onterst/incentive to fix that. Kabam has made it so the effort does not correlate with the rewards. So suck it up and do dungeons. I know they are awful and no fun because how long they take even after the update. But you have to do them because rewards in this game are pure theft compared to effort required to complete them.
  • QueqqueeQueqquee Posts: 48
    is it so bad?? i actually quite enjoy dungeon mode and with the increased points, it feels more rewarding. I dont grind arenas anymore these days.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Will there be any added Dark Artifacts? Many, many players have lost champions and progress during the emergency maintenances, others missed out on the milestones from the initial days because the Prestige value was not known or low enough and had to be lowered, and also players missed milestones because of the Dungeons not having balanced points to time spent. With all of these changes made to Dungeons recently, it would be valued if the first week of Milestones (7500 milestone cap, over all 7 days) were issued out to all players.

This will not break the three 5-star limit, as it would not give over the 27,000 Dark Artifact shards needed for another crystal. It would give players additional Infinity Dust, but not dramatically.

Essentially, a complex, interesting, new mode was added to the game. Many prizes revolve around participation in it. Many within the community have tried playing it, but it has not had a smooth launch. To encourage people to keep with it, it would be useful to send out the prizes for the first week where there have been issues and corrections to not penalize players who had unknown restrictions or persistent problems (I know players who have been completely locked out of Dungeons for a few days - see this thread: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/67558/dungeons-freezing-merged-threads#latest).

Also, by giving out one weeks worth of Infinity Dungeon Milestones, it would potentially push players who have avoided it completely to try it, since they are at half the value of the better prizes (since it takes two weeks to hit the points needed for better prizes).
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    Will there be any added Dark Artifacts? Many, many players have lost champions and progress during the emergency maintenances, others missed out on the milestones from the initial days because the Prestige value was not known or low enough and had to be lowered, and also players missed milestones because of the Dungeons not having balanced points to time spent. With all of these changes made to Dungeons recently, it would be valued if the first week of Milestones (7500 milestone cap, over all 7 days) were issued out to all players.

This will not break the three 5-star limit, as it would not give over the 27,000 Dark Artifact shards needed for another crystal. It would give players additional Infinity Dust, but not dramatically.

Essentially, a complex, interesting, new mode was added to the game. Many prizes revolve around participation in it. Many within the community have tried playing it, but it has not had a smooth launch. To encourage people to keep with it, it would be useful to send out the prizes for the first week where there have been issues and corrections to not penalize players who had unknown restrictions or persistent problems (I know players who have been completely locked out of Dungeons for a few days - see this thread: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/67558/dungeons-freezing-merged-threads#latest).

Also, by giving out one weeks worth of Infinity Dungeon Milestones, it would potentially push players who have avoided it completely to try it, since they are at half the value of the better prizes (since it takes two weeks to hit the points needed for better prizes).

That's actually a really good idea.

I wonder if they'll treat this like the rift shards. Ignore the problem as long as possible, then in the end hand out the potentially missed stuff (or add a few days to dungeons, also possible) to fix it because the noises from the community get to loud.

It's a real shame kabam makes us fight for everything we missed out of due to problems on their end (whether it's unable to update the game, not seeing the milestones, not able to play dungeons, random gifts or having to deal with 8 emergency maintenances in 4 days).
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Little note: even just listing part of the stuff from the last 3 weeks took me a while, I don't even want to try to list the stuff that's been messed up before/longer then that.
  • KCMickKCMick Posts: 7
    Dungeons down for anyone else? Last two the map never loads and boots out. Once back in, select "go" and just takes to main screen. r9spxswnln0h.png
    zbzs8fusjrhl.png