**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War seasons crystals [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    The season is months long. The low end of the rewards needs to be raised. It’s insane some of the low end ones man. CRAZY
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    Hey All,

We have not touched those crystals. They are random, so just because you got more last season does not mean that you will get the same this season, and just because you didn't get as much this season doesn't mean that you can't get more in the next.

While it can be discouraging that these rewards are left to chance, these are still only one part of the overall Season Rewards that are not left to chance at all. That said, I will pass this feedback on to the team for consideration.

I believe you guys didn't touch the crystals directly. However, it has occurred a few times in the past where other changes in game have indirectly impacted other areas of the game. Ie. the update in an unrelated area of the game that resulted inflated PI's.

I ask that you have the devs investigate if this is the scenario here. So many people posting such a low drop rate indicates inconsistent RNG.
  • nh4clnh4cl Posts: 122
    @kabam miike it was always know the amounts varied per crystal. Last season rewards varied but on average, the amounts were much higher that what we see with season 2. So while you say you guys didn't touch the crystal, something else touched the output of them by a large amount and spread far and wide. This does warrant an investigation, one as vigorous as the Act 1 revive that got your attention so quickly.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DroidDoes wrote: »

Yep, gold 1 also, so 6 crystals to open; got 15k t2a frags and 6k t5b frags. Vid is on my YT channel to prove it. Talk about the bare minimum! Waaaaay too much RNG with these

Oh wow, I didn't realize how lucky I got... I was hoping for more t5b, but a full t2a isn't bad I suppose.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    nh4cl wrote: »
    @kabam miike it was always know the amounts varied per crystal. Last season rewards varied but on average, the amounts were much higher that what we see with season 2. So while you say you guys didn't touch the crystal, something else touched the output of them by a large amount and spread far and wide. This does warrant an investigation, one as vigorous as the Act 1 revive that got your attention so quickly.

That will never happen. Anything that benefits the player is immediately fixed. Beyond that. Meh. Maybe they’ll get to it. Maybe they wont
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Same programming error that lead to SIM, Ironman, ultron regen nerf can’t possiblt happen to a crystal. LMAO.

It was nerfed or affected by something else. A drop of 12,000 across the board across 30 players isn’t RNG
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Everyone in my alliance seems to be saying they got less this time around
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Vale84 wrote: »
    shchong2 wrote: »
    After running over more than 40 screenshots, i can safely say that t5b extra shards were capped at 1000 per crystal while last seasn they ranged from 1 to 3k.

This change unannounced is a slap in the face for the community, once again getting the problem of communications resurface between us and kabam.

I am VERY disappointed, cause this is exactly what completely destroys all the little trust you managed to gain in few months. In a single day,

Thank you very much for your very insightful stats. Even though it may not be collected from tens of thousands of people, but even if only collecting from members of a few alliances is good enough to show the trend.

I do not want to claim I'm conned by a specific company (else later I got ban or cast into phantom zone), but I want to do the right thing moving forward with my resources, and your info have reassured me that my plan to no longer spend units and glory for alliance potion/revive is the right one. :)

Well data at hand:

56 screenshot has been posted, of which 50 were 12 crystals opened. 6 were 15.

of said sss:

15/15 of the 15 crystals SSs had 15k t5b.

49/50 of the 12 crystals were 12k t5b

1/50 of the 12 crystals had 14k t5b, but because one of the crystals main prizes wasn't t2a, but 2k t5b instead. Which means the extra t5b didn't come from an higher extra rewards roll (1to3k in season1), but trading out for t2a rewards (rare chanche in main prizes).

We can safely assume the extra 100% drop rate t5b shards are capped at 1k, which is terrible.

@Kabam Miike word on this? It's bad not seeing it announced. People fought hard all season for them, thinking of something that clearly wasn't there anymore.

I opened four. Two were 1k T2A and 1k T5B. One was 2k T2A and 1k T5B. One was 1k T2A and 2k T5B. Total of 5k T2A and 5k T5B from four crystals. I opened each crystal individually, so I can confirm each individual crystal opening in terms of reward distribution.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    After running over more than 40 screenshots, i can safely say that t5b extra shards were capped at 1000 per crystal while last seasn they ranged from 1 to 3k.

This change unannounced is a slap in the face for the community, once again getting the problem of communications resurface between us and kabam.

I am VERY disappointed, cause this is exactly what completely destroys all the little trust you managed to gain in few months. In a single day,

Thank you very much for your very insightful stats. Even though it may not be collected from tens of thousands of people, but even if only collecting from members of a few alliances is good enough to show the trend.

I do not want to claim I'm conned by a specific company (else later I got ban or cast into phantom zone), but I want to do the right thing moving forward with my resources, and your info have reassured me that my plan to no longer spend units and glory for alliance potion/revive is the right one. :)

Well data at hand:

of said sss:

1/50 of the 12 crystals had 14k t5b, but because one of the crystals main prizes wasn't t2a, but 2k t5b instead. Which means the extra t5b didn't come from an higher extra rewards roll (1to3k in season1), but trading out for t2a rewards (rare chanche in main prizes).

We can safely assume the extra 100% drop rate t5b shards are capped at 1k, which is terrible.

@Kabam Miike word on this? It's bad not seeing it announced. People fought hard all season for them, thinking of something that clearly wasn't there anymore.

I opened four. Two were 1k T2A and 1k T5B. One was 2k T2A and 1k T5B. One was 1k T2A and 2k T5B. Total of 5k T2A and 5k T5B from four crystals. I opened each crystal individually, so I can confirm each individual crystal opening in terms of reward distribution.

Yep, the fact that these paid out so much more last season is what made everyone so stir crazy about getting to plat3+. These were epic season 1 and now they arent...something changed.
  • correborrecorreborre Posts: 37
    edited June 2018
    Hey All,

We have not touched those crystals. They are random, so just because you got more last season does not mean that you will get the same this season, and just because you didn't get as much this season doesn't mean that you can't get more in the next.

While it can be discouraging that these rewards are left to chance, these are still only one part of the overall Season Rewards that are not left to chance at all. That said, I will pass this feedback on to the team for consideration.

This is actually outrageus. Doesnt matter what you say. Litteraly EVERY single person in Iso8 family and all the other top 50 alliances are all experiencing a drop in t5b from these crystals by around 45-50%. No matter what you say you did touch the crystals.

Maybe the crystals from season 1 rewards were bugged and the people that opened them right away for some reason got extra t5b shards but if that wasnt the case you DEFINATELY altered the drop rate. Hundreds to thousands of people are experiencing the same thing, that isnt a coincidence no matter how you put it.
    Drummer16 wrote: »

Well data at hand:

of said sss:

Yep, the fact that these paid out so much more last season is what made everyone so stir crazy about getting to plat3+. These were epic season 1 and now they arent...something changed.

I can't address whether they got better or worse per se: I believe I did *slightly* worse than last season with the same number of crystals, but I can confirm that it is possible, however bad the odds might be, to get T2A fragments and also more than 1k of T5B fragments.

I also duped my 5* King Groot, so maybe that was the price the RNGods extracted for one thousand more T5B fragments.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I agree, season 1 rewards were way better. All i got was t2a shards... weak as hell
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Hey All,

False. We've gone through over 200 SSs today and not a single one reports more than 1000 tb5 shards as extra prize per each crystal, while last season they ranged between 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000.

All the people who got over a 1k:1 ratio did so due to rolling t5b shards instead of the 99% alpha 2 drop.

Why you have to straight lie to players being the head of forums still is mistery to me. This is simple math not a question of being unlucky.

So 5* rolling mostly bad champs is the same question of luck aswell? cause your interpretation of it is kinda fishy.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★

Well data at hand:

of said sss:

Do you mind sharing the screens if you have them? you're literally the first person out of over 200 i checked today to claim so. Interesting.

Well data at hand:

of said sss:

Do you mind sharing the screens if you have them? you're literally the first person out of over 200 i checked today to claim so. Interesting.

Unfortunately I did not cap each opening, only the final total which wouldn't on its own prove anything. At the time, it didn't seem noteworthy to me.
    World is wrong I guess. LOL. Why do we expect anything from them? Latest implementations look like sunset moves.

Well data at hand:

of said sss:

slpn53xswkcb.png

Unfortunately, there is more than one way to arrive at that result other than what I recall happening, which was one pull had 1k more of T2A and one pull had 1k more of T5B, but otherwise all had 1k of each. And while I'm reasonably sure of what I saw, in general anecdotes including mine should always be questioned when reviewing buggy behavior.
  • zeebo50zeebo50 Posts: 9
    i got 27k t2a and 4k t5b shards from 4 crystals, i got a stack of 20k shards on one spin
    I do think its a bit bonkers that I cannot find any evidence anywhere of someone else getting more than 1k T5B per crystal, or in fact anything other than exactly 1k x the number of crystals they opened. At the moment, it almost looks like my opening was bugged relative to everyone elses. Very odd.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I got 16k t2a shards and 6k t5bc shards from 6 crystals. Very disappointed.
    I do think its a bit bonkers that I cannot find any evidence anywhere of someone else getting more than 1k T5B per crystal, or in fact anything other than exactly 1k x the number of crystals they opened. At the moment, it almost looks like my opening was bugged relative to everyone elses. Very odd.

Update: Prof Hoff got 15.5k T2A and 9k T5b out of 6 crystals in his opening video. He didn't open individually, he spun one and popped the rest so there's no way to know what each crystal delivered except the first one which contained 1k T5b. But that means the other five crystals generated 8k of T5B in some fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIaw7_u6Ui4
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    Just stop playing war...it is the worst mode in the game! Causes unneeded drama within the alliance and pits people against each other. With seasons being implemented, it has turned loyal players and teammates into ship jumping jerks. Also, people with one r4 5* want a platinum alliance! What a joke! Plus, Kabam keeps changing how it’s going to work. First, we had to rank all mystics and MD so our defense couldn’t be beat. Then they introduce diversity and defender rating, so we rank champs for diversity. Next we get Blade and his trinity which kills mystic defenders and all villains. Now, no diversity. When is the playerbase going to wake up and figure out that this mode was created simply to make you rank champs you don’t necessarily want to, just to have changes implemented to make those ranks useless, and take your money? The alliances cheat like crazy to rank highest to get the best rewards so they can keep dominating the game and Kabam does nothing to REALLY stop them. Sure, they took away some points, but that just put them in a bracket where they were guaranteed easy wins back to the top.
  • SanHoloSwirlSanHoloSwirl Posts: 8
    cv4qj1kzet4y8.jpg
    complete bogus... After having over 10 MVPs this season too.. Got less rewards than one month of Uncollected event quest.. I suggest a mini version of these Season crystals given to players that earn MVP in Alliance War. I feel completely jipped this season.
    The final word was: yeah, your data is wrong and we never make mistakes LOL
    cv4qj1kzet4y8.jpg
    complete bogus... After having over 10 MVPs this season too.. Got less rewards than one month of Uncollected event quest.. I suggest a mini version of these Season crystals given to players that earn MVP in Alliance War. I feel completely jipped this season.

I think if you are not uncollected the gold tier rewards in general are not bad at all. However, if you are uncollected they are, I wouldn't say bad because every little bit helps, but not noteworthy compared to uncollected rewards.

However, they can't reasonably give significant rewards for MVP because honestly getting MVP doesn't mean anything in alliance war. Or rather, it doesn't mean your contribution was necessarily significantly more important than anyone elses. And since defender kills factors into MVP calculations (apparently) where the officers place defenders has a huge impact on who might get MVP, even though there is a lot of arbitrary decisions that go into placement when there are multiple defenders equally valuable for a node.

Handing out rewards for MVP puts alliance members in competition with each other. I would sooner set my phone on fire than deal with that.
  • JoeqwJoeqw Posts: 55
    Sample size is pretty large here to indicate that crystal drop rates are significantly worse. We were gold 1 and my reward pull for the season was less than completing the monthly uncollected - I was lucky I got 8000 t5b frags from 6 crystals. Many got only 6k.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    Last season
    Had 22K / 45K T2a + 36K / 45K T5b
    okz8yu80z2ft.jpg
    NICE Season 1 rewards
    50K T2a + 9K T5b

This season ?
    40ni1dtmuipa.jpg
    Wow.......all the glory burned for boost / potions / revives and I could have bought MORE than this.....
    Felt bad

ONE of my alliance mate?
    x621fru24tz3.jpg
    wow more than 3x T2a than me

As Leader, having to do more work, and being mini boss and boss killer
    Although I'm not MVP but i'm 4-6th place each war
    And I get THE LEAST amount of rewards amongst my 30 member team
    Should I disband the alliance........that's on the back of my mind now

Might as well join a ready made Platinum Alliance as I can hold most lines without getting killed
    TL:DR Version
    Last season - Great rewards
    This season - **** rewards
    RNg or no RNG

Yagami9999 wrote: »
    As Leader, having to do more work, and being mini boss and boss killer
    Although I'm not MVP but i'm 4-6th place each war
    And I get THE LEAST amount of rewards amongst my 30 member team
    Should I disband the alliance........that's on the back of my mind now

Might as well join a ready made Platinum Alliance as I can hold most lines without getting killed

I understand the occasional need to vent, but if you're really serious about this, I don't think social games are something you should be spending your time on.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    I desperately searched as many posts and you tube videos as I could because I did not want to believe that the t5b rewards had been nerfed...but example after example demonstrated a reduction in t5b fragments. I also read a statement the "these crystals haven't been touched". I have a bad feeling about this.. I like this game and I'm hoping that someone is able to prove that the t5b haven't been reduced without telling the consumers and that the statement issued when questioned was true. This not a rant..again, I love this game, it a plea for proof that this has not actually happened. Because, I am hoping it did not.