**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Diversity doesn’t decide outcomes of wars. Thats just a silly thing to say.
  • Tiberius77Tiberius77 Posts: 14
    Diversity in the second reiteration was never the tie breaker. It weighed little in high alliances. Teams that won was based on attack bonuses. This is whales + Kabam. Tantamount to how corrupt governments operate with politicians. It’s almost exactly the same.
  • Well...now AW defense placement is going to go back to the way it was a year ago before Kabam started experimenting with "changes". Get ready for insane numbers of IMIW, Domino, MODOK, Medusa, Void, etc as defensive placement. Only defenders we're going to see from now on are those champs that auto-block/parry/evade...oh yeah and not to mention unavoidable damage.

All these changes and "god tier" champs entering the game, but Kabam will not release 5* and 6* versions of Scarlet Witch, Thor, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, and Wolverine!
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    How many of you guys are actually playing AW in top tiers? Too easy and 100% exploration are purely an judgement from looking outside, we used full boost and portions to heal up to survive fights, it's not easy in any standards. The wars should be a testing of skill/strategy, there is nothing wrong for people to 100% both sides especially for evenly matched wars.

Just say it that you want even more money out of pocket, plan, easy and simple.
    NevvB wrote: »
    So you made the nodes harder, any changes in rewards?

The rewards have not changed (aside from Season rewards being halved to match the change in length). This is because Alliances were still finding these Maps far too easy. The goal of these changes is to put an end to the near 100% of wars ending in 100% Exploration.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Still no justification for reducing season rewards either

So you want full season rewards (2 months of wars) for only a 1 month season? The rewards are halved because they are shorter seasons.

But maps now have double the minibosses and all nodes now have double amount of buffs, so we are getting double difficulty so they should not be cut, its now like playing two months of wars rolled into one month but with rewards halved
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Defender kills and skill determine wars. Now cash will determine wars. Very unfortunate.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★

Season rewards have been reduced by 50% because the Season length has been reduced by 50%. We've actually added rewards to Gold 1 as well.

I don't think rewards should be cut in half. In fact I think you guys should be trying to get us to rank up champs much faster. Day 1 vet and only 2 rank 4 5stars is a joke and very disappointing amount of progress. I spent on this game. Not nowhere near your whales but I have spent. More time goes by the less I play. I haven't even finished act 5. Not because I don't want to or can't. I know it'll cost me an Odin or two. I'm not worried about that. We have to be able to rank up champ much much faster or people get burnt out and bored. AQ is pointless now for the most part, and War is just who can spend the most now, again like it was before. No skill needed. I can use rescourses again without worry that it will effect our score. So thanks for that. We have plenty of boss killers that will wipe these new mini bosses. And with using rescourses again without penalties, easy as pie! 😁😁
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Node 29 gone be isane hard with plage mind put a Iron Man IW ther and u done.
  • Toasty151Toasty151 Posts: 1
    Love the idea of dropping diversity, would love to see aw scoring go back to original format personally. There is nothing worse then losing a war by 100 pts from attack bonus. Some wars have ended and we had more kills but a lower attack bonus. We know the fear was people wouldn’t continue to revive and push through with all kills counting, but with the need for 300% for season pts alliances will push through either way.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Wait wait wait wait wait....
    I didn't realise this before, but how is the "significant increase in difficulty" (in the form of new minis) supposed to stop 100% exploration? You need to unlink all minis to take down the boss. And you can't skip any of the new minis (except maybe node 29) if you want to do that
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike luck a node 29 plage minde. Only one ther wuld hav the Best chois ther is og visone becasse plage mine 2 is isane. To but one thah node and all of nofing node. Your take the pis out of US pliz take thah to the team more money thah why we are now stop thah bs
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    edited June 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

So you want full season rewards (2 months of wars) for only a 1 month season? The rewards are halved because they are shorter seasons.

But maps now have double the minibosses and all nodes now have double amount of buffs, so we are getting double difficulty so they should not be cut, its now like playing two months of wars rolled into one month but with rewards halved

It certainly shifts the focus to item usage and makes free to play much more difficult to do at a high level. Highly skilled FTP players continue to get punished with each new change.

Removing diversity is a good change, however, how it is being handled is not as good (see recommendation throughout about RDT)
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    Diversity needs to stay, if you now up the difficulty so exploration will be a deciding factor in war, why you bother to remove the sometimes tie breaker? Diversity is what makes the war a little bit more manageable and less mind blowing boring. I'd like to see you fight 5 r4/r5 5* IMIW and Dominos in a row.
    Losspik wrote: »
    So just to clarify you guys have removed diversity points so we free to place as many duplicates of Champs with no penalty?

This is correct, but keep in mind that the Meta of the Game has changed a lot since we introduced Defender Diversity, and players have become pretty accustomed to many of the "top defenders" and have counters at the ready! This also does not mean that Diversity won't return in a future season.
  • Does anyone have the information on how long downtime was and how long it is now. Can we find out if our rewards just got cut

Two weeks
  • Darkwolf1981Darkwolf1981 Posts: 37
    I agree, my alliance made many large rank ups as we was pushing for platinum this coming season. Now we're stuck with a bunch of hero's useless in all other content. I really think 2 5* rank downs per player is called for. The only way to make what just happened remotely not a smack in the face to the community.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Rockon wrote: »
    and what about awakening gems for us that awakened champs used strictly for war?

You can still use those Champions on Defense if you please, and might want to use them again in the future. This was a choice based on the Meta of the game at the time. The Meta will always change, and what might be a great Champion on Defense now, might not be in a few weeks, or a month, and then could end up as the top defender again in another 4 months.

There will be no Rank Down Tickets, or anything of the like, for this Change.

EDIT: For Clarity

When ranking or Awakening for diversity it was never about a champ being a viable defense option. It was about hitting the max diversity. Most champs ranked and awakened for this reason have no use to the people who wasted resources on them in the game. They were done strictly for the purpose of meeting a rediculous requirement. That's what you keep brushing off and that's why summoners are asking for some kind of compensation. Yes the champs can still be used for defense if we choose and yes they can be used in other parts of the game but why would a player want to use a champ that is inferior?
  • zhara_2000zhara_2000 Posts: 11
    Kabam must give 5 RDTickets for 5 stars, 4 stars and 3 stars champions for each player in the game. And only then declare about turning off diversity. MUST. FOR EACH PLAYER. And AFTER TURN OFF DIVERSITY. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious