**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

Comments

• Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    So is it possible to get Squirrel Girl in the contest if New Warriors ever hits TV? The art director told me she'd be too OP on Twitter. Broke my heart.

I JUST WANT TO GET NUTS!!!
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    the only good thing for me is I did grind enough before the "maintenance" and may need to grind a few more hours to get Modok..arena scores will be low
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    I am a Senior Software Architect of 12 years...can you guys hire me? This is sad because I can get AWS or GCP support on the phone in the matter of a few minutes at my job. If GCP is down, then you guys are going to get quite a big reimbursement, so spread the love.

What's strange is that you guys are blaming Google, when they have no indication of a service disruption today: https://status.cloud.google.com/

so what's the prob?

The GCP status board only lists outages and critical disruptions. It does not list functional problems that are workload-specific.

A while back I had an issue with an EC2 hosted cluster. The client was getting bursts of low IOPS to Windows guests for a long time. This caused an invisible, unreported, zero event log occurrence of volume shadow snapshot block clearing backlog to occur, which I can't even find articles about anyone ever troubleshooting. This caused all volume management to stall, which meant no VSS anything, no disk management anything, nada, zip, zilch. Touching anything involving volume management would hang the volume management services and require a reboot, which did not fix the underlying problem. We only figured out the problem when we cloned the instances and left them idle during troubleshooting, and after two *days* the idle clones automagically fixed themselves when not under load. No one can explain to me what can take that long to automatically resolve.

The world is a complicated place.

Yea, but that's a flaw with the infrastructure's architecture you designed, not the provider like they are blaming. You should have had a failover cluster in that situation, and you would have had time to figure out the problem.

This game has been plagued by long outages and scaling issues for years, and it's not that hard to build a redundant, scalable architecture at all levels. Hell, they make enough money in a week to solve this problem. That's the beauty of AWS and GCP. Sure, they'll have to pay more for the redundancy, but you don't have to deal with this BS all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike and @Ad0ra_ you guys are great. Thanks for chatting with us while the game is down. I probably wouldn’t be on here right now if it weren’t for u guys.

Thank YOU for being so cool with us. It's appreciated.
  • Khonshu2018Khonshu2018 Posts: 11
    I have over 2M in less than 24 hours for the Goldpool Arena. I do not want to have to redo all that work, so just extend the existing arena a day please. I think we would all agree a reasonable compensation for this shakeup to a key 1 time arena event, would be to simply make GP the top tier automatic reward when reaching say 7M-8M in arena. That is still almost 2.5M a day for 3 straight days. Let's make it happen Kabaam!
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    5:45pm Saturday evening here in the south Pacific
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    Dark Phoenix got pushed back, but is for sure coming out. They finished it. No sense in wasting all that time and money by not releasing it.

February 19th 2019 is the scheduled release date
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    I’m having a withdrawal from the game....I need my fix!
  • smeghead169smeghead169 Posts: 29
    il5ubfxmp0ap.png
    l0xiqaujja1t.png
    So this has somehow magically changed from emergency maintenance to scheduled maintenance! How the F can it be scheduled when no-one has been able to get in game to receive messages about it???
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Maidril wrote: »
    Love the guardians soundtracks. About half the music at my wedding was prob from those. Didn’t go unnoticed by my groomsmen 😂.

So are all the Kabam employees in alliances together? If not, do your alliance members know your secret identities

I have the first GotG soundtrack on vinyl AND tape cassette.

Couldn't be bothered to pop for the 8-track, I see.

Hah! I have no way to PLAY an 8-track. But well played. I also don't own it on Betamax ;)
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Namelez wrote: »
    What time is it for everyone rn ? It's 12:35 AM for me lol ! I'm waiting for the servers to come back so I can't continue u Act 4 exploration lol... Probably should've done that before Act 5 Uncollected run 😂🤔

Pls stay up so you can continue to entertain and show appreciation to the mods. We are counting on you. Good job, cheers.

Shrinidhi wrote: »
    mdsub wrote: »
    @adora What is your favorite marvel movie?

so, I'm a horrible person because I asked you all a question that I really struggle to answer myself.

I REALLY love the X-Men. The entire commentary about being outsiders but also trying to better/help a society that also shuns them, and the stuff surrounding being different.... really resonated with me as a kid. I was an awkward as hell, nerdy kid that got bullied a lot when I was most big into that cartoon.

I was a pretty big fan of the most recent X-Men movie, I know a lot of people didn't dig it. I thought Black Panther was AMAZING and on the next level. I love how different the Deadpool movies are, and the irreverent fun that comes with them. And Infinity War made me cry because I am a damn sap. Oh and Logan. Logan was just wonderful. I really want to see the B&W edit of it, but haven't yet.

So... I dunno? Hah hah hah.

That's a very short answer. Btw Logan made me cry more than Infinity war did. I did r3 my 5* OML, he was my 2nd one, because I loved the movie and comics, both are very much different.

yeah, Logan cut deep. ESPECIALLY the trailer they did with Johnny Cash singing Hurt. I thought that was perfect, and breathtaking, and emotionally devastating. I loved that trailer.

Yeah that's true I actually thought you and Mike were ignoring my posts. This confirms you ain't.

Ah, sorry - it's hard for us to keep up with everyone sometimes! Please don't take it personally <3
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    @shchong2 can't tell if that's sarcasm. Feel like it is tho haha 😂
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    5:47pm here. Saturday is a grinding day for me and it's been down all afternoon 😥😥😥
    Kiwi bro?

Chur chur
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    To pass the time...let’s sing a song.

‘I’ve got a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves. I’ve got a song that will get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves.’

Repeat this over and over until the servers are back up and have fun all!
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Alienbj13 wrote: »
    Logan depressed me

it was sad, but I thought it was a good look at a beloved character in a different way than we've seen in the movies. The diehard comics fans were familiar, but to bring that story arc to the big screen... I almost thought was brave of them in a way. I want to see X-23 in more stuff, that girl was FIERCE AS HELL and I loved it.

I'd love an X23 origin story movie or something else where she's the main focus.

Yes, me too! I hope they have BIG things in store for her.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    23.35 here in El Salvador. No game, but this chat has been fun to read. Thank you mods for staying with us
    @Ad0ra_ - I have to ask now that devices have been brought up. Is the random screen flip mid battle an Android thing, or does that happen with iOS devices too? It drives me nuts every time it decides to just flip without warning. At 1st I thought it was aggressive play that caused it. But no. No. It occasionally just happens when the phone is sitting still on a load screen. I wish screen lock prevented it, but alas no. On a final note, thanks for sticking with us, and the causal chat here. I can only imagine the frustration on that end.

P.S. - Not looking for a fix, just confirmation if it happens with iOS. As I may go for an iPad down the road as a second device. I won't buy an iPhone though (yes, I'm being redundant lol)

I've never personally experienced this on my iPhone, but that doesn't mean that it's only an Android device thing.

Thank YOU for being willing to casually chat with us :)
  • Alienbj13Alienbj13 Posts: 59
    I'm about to pass out
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Time to get serious.... well not really but it's Friday night and we are all here so terrence howard or don cheadle as rhodey?
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    mdsub wrote: »
    @adora What is your favorite marvel movie?

so, I'm a horrible person because I asked you all a question that I really struggle to answer myself.

I REALLY love the X-Men. The entire commentary about being outsiders but also trying to better/help a society that also shuns them, and the stuff surrounding being different.... really resonated with me as a kid. I was an awkward as hell, nerdy kid that got bullied a lot when I was most big into that cartoon.

I was a pretty big fan of the most recent X-Men movie, I know a lot of people didn't dig it. I thought Black Panther was AMAZING and on the next level. I love how different the Deadpool movies are, and the irreverent fun that comes with them. And Infinity War made me cry because I am a damn sap. Oh and Logan. Logan was just wonderful. I really want to see the B&W edit of it, but haven't yet.

So... I dunno? Hah hah hah.

That's a very short answer. Btw Logan made me cry more than Infinity war did. I did r3 my 5* OML, he was my 2nd one, because I loved the movie and comics, both are very much different.

yeah, Logan cut deep. ESPECIALLY the trailer they did with Johnny Cash singing Hurt. I thought that was perfect, and breathtaking, and emotionally devastating. I loved that trailer.

Yeah that's true I actually thought you and Mike were ignoring my posts. This confirms you ain't.

Ah, sorry - it's hard for us to keep up with everyone sometimes! Please don't take it personally <3

I ain't taking it personally @Ad0ra figured, you guys have a lot of guys to respond to kudos to you and @Kabam Miike for staying up and chatting with us.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    Since you guys, @adora & @Kabam Miike are here engaging everyone.... when can we expect to see 6 star Unstoppable Collosus added to Loyalty store? Anytime in the near future?
    Do we get half hour timers for AQ time that we have lost? @Kabam Miike
    It's been 12 hours (almost) since the AQ was started and the team isn't able to clear section 1! Please compensate the maintenance at least with 30 mins timers for today!

TIA

We don't have info on what compensation is going to be yet, but we will have to take a lot into consideration. These are pretty extenuating circumstances, and we know that.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike and @Ad0ra_ you guys are great. Thanks for chatting with us while the game is down. I probably wouldn’t be on here right now if it weren’t for u guys.

Thank YOU for being so cool with us. It's appreciated.

Haha could you imagine this thread if you guys weren't conversing like this?

This thread would be chaos if it wasnt for them
  • Alienbj13Alienbj13 Posts: 59
    Might need mouth to mouth
  • ArrsssArrsss Posts: 41
    edited June 2018
    Any chance you can change the help button from 4 to 10, or make a help all button? This would make us all happy.
    You’re working on the game anyways.
This discussion has been closed.