New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DankestChefDankestChef Member Posts: 420 ★★★
    mine broke from overheating
  • djgreg1djgreg1 Member Posts: 2
    I have versions 11.3.1 and it is also very hot
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Member Posts: 81
    Same issue here with iPhone and iPad running extremely hot. Neither is showing other symptoms but running too hot nearly to touch.

iPhone 7+
    Sprint but mostly played on WiFi

iPad Air 2
    Same as above

I just did the logout of Game Center, uninstall/reinstall, power cycle so we’ll see if that helps.
  • WiMakWiMak Member Posts: 359 ★★
    This is what I like to see
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Member Posts: 290
    edited July 2018
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?
  • PFunkPFunk Member Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto I’ve been doing some testing and the lag issues go away as long as the phone is cool. I’ve been putting it in the fridge and using an ice pack case to do testing and while it’s cold I haven’t seen any lag what so ever. When it starts heating up though that’s when the lag and other problems emerge. Hope this insight helps and can be shared with the dev’s so they can get it straightened out asap
  • ZzzZzz Member Posts: 154
    I’m using Iphone7+ and IOS 11.2.5, that IOS11.2.5 also have problem of crashes and freezes and need to hard reset the device, I think the issue not just happening on IOS11.4 users
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.
  • terri2000terri2000 Member Posts: 5
    iPhone 7+
    Ios11.4
    It crashes and freezes also it heats up a lot ,this is been happening since the last update of mcoc
  • MsDominoMsDomino Member Posts: 72
    edited July 2018
    It’s hard to believe this wasn’t caught during the testing phase of development. You mean to tell me none of the testers used a iPhone and played for more than 15 minutes? This isn’t random

It’s hard to believe this wasn’t caught during the testing phase of development. You mean to tell me none of the testers used a iPhone and played for more than 15 minutes? This isn’t random

This isn't an issue affecting all users, or even all iPhone Users on 11.4. I play on a iPhone 7plus (on iOS 12 Beta though) and haven't had any issues, and believe me, I've been trying so that I can help get a reproduction case going.

I’m on iOS 11.3 and have only been experiencing this since the 19.0 update. Please don’t focus all of your energy into 11.4 as that’s clearly not the issue
  • FLYERFLYER Member Posts: 66
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

Have ios 11.4 more the 4 months, since your last update to 19.0 can’t play the game
  • DrdifferentDrdifferent Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7, iOS 11.4, only since update to version 19

Phone runs hot while plugged in and on Bluetooth
    Screen will go black in a fight and spin a loading wheel, then come back up with entering PIN on phone

Or...

Phone runs hot while in fight, Bluetooth with stop
    hitting home button is unresponsive
    Stays on map after fight, but no sound. Trapped in game.
    Must hard reset phone to exit.
  • Mystic_ReaperMystic_Reaper Member Posts: 50
    qjluwv9xadth.png
    I updated to the latest I could get after having issues and took this pic just now. 12.0 is not an option I have.
    My phone is freezing, lagging, overheating, battery drainage and pretty much everything you’re seeing in the other comments.
    I’m on iPhone 7 and 11.4.
    Is there any clue yet how long before a patch is out?
  • Spencer9Spencer9 Member Posts: 2
    My iPhone 7 as been having severe lagging issues since the update
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,509 ★★★★★
    How come in all the announcements AW isn't put on hold since overheating issues?
  • GeisønGeisøn Member Posts: 39
    I can not finish neither the basic catalyst arena 4 :|:/:'(:(
  • SandPounderSandPounder Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    Tried switching to “low power mode” and that made no difference.

Have also tried other tricks to isolate some of the other power drainers on the iPhone such as lowering screen brightness, using airplane mode (WiFi only, Bluetooth and Cellular off), and turning off location services... all in various combinations.

None of these make a bit of difference.

The game is probably sending the CPU into overdrive, similar to the 11.0 iOS update when it reindexed everything causing phones to get hotter than normal.
  • Fighter1688Fighter1688 Member Posts: 3
    I am using iOS 12 beta on iPhone 6+ and the same problem occurs too.
  • JcmerchantJcmerchant Member Posts: 3
    I am running iOS 12 beta 2 on iPhone X it’s overheats and resets to to lock screen
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Member Posts: 448 ★★★
    Yeah 11.4 is all that is available for IPhone X and it’s getting hot in here!!!!

I’m pretty upset that you are trying to blow us up.
  • JcmerchantJcmerchant Member Posts: 3
    i42ba2dwrkq0.png
  • SkymastrSkymastr Member Posts: 46
    İ just did ios 12 beta update and 1hour+ playing nothing happen things go back use to be (2 days ago) work on me iPhone 7 plus regular wife connection so far so good.
  • Noob_StrikerNoob_Striker Member Posts: 13
    Alright Summoners!

I can download the beta for 12 as soon as I’m back home and have WiFi access [45 minutes or so]. I am currently running iOS 11.4 on an iPhone 7 (brand new - they replaced my old 7 a month ago because it got stuck in a boot loop) and am experiencing overheating issues consistent with those mentioned throughout the thread.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Member Posts: 96
    Guys it can’t be iOS version if this was the case then how is it that version 18.0 ran ok for a month on my phone, only change is mcoc. Also I didn’t login to mcoc app for almost 24 hours now , I stopped playing and I c my phone is working great. Not a single time it got heated up. What else evidence we need
  • Axle1281Axle1281 Member Posts: 13
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Arena, Quests, AW, AQ
    Description of the Issue: General lag throughout the entire game. The app makes my phone over-heat after about 15 minutes and needs to be restarted. If not restarted my phone shuts off. This issue has costed me about 1500 units and countless items betweens rewards and trying to complete uncollected. A fix and appropriate compensation would be much appreciated.
  • Gohan2606Gohan2606 Member Posts: 21
    Guys it can’t be iOS version if this was the case then how is it that version 18.0 ran ok for a month on my phone, only change is mcoc. Also I didn’t login to mcoc app for almost 24 hours now , I stopped playing and I c my phone is working great. Not a single time it got heated up. What else evidence we need

What they are doing is comparing how os11.4 and os12 interact with game and then will see what is causing the problem
  • Dhorne61Dhorne61 Member Posts: 109
    It’s not the iOS @Kabam Miike My phone was fine using iOS 13 until the 19.0 mcoc update. Its the update. It’s something in software. And I’ve seen android users posting the same thing. The game is unplayable for a lot of your players.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Member Posts: 96
    Sorry to say that’s just a distraction from the current problem to iOS build, it should be checked how v18 was better than 19 and what changes put in code lead to this. I have a suspicion that the new feature they brought pause the fight and it gives some stats could be affecting.

• WiMakWiMak Member Posts: 359 ★★
    Can’t complain about them not communicating and doing nothing to help and then fault them for running an experiment to try and collect data and troubleshoot. Work with them.

“Data!data!data... I can’t make bricks without clay”
This discussion has been closed.