**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Rockon wrote: »
    well must be working very hard!!! just had the power go out in my entire neighborhood from a brown out and was fixed within an hour. even the old folks home is okay now.

You must have tried to grind the arena to cause a brown out... shouldn't be trying arena right now..smh
  • geaimsgeaims Posts: 42
    why don’t you just roll back to the previous version till you find a fix? @Kabam Miike
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Anyone finding this a little bit comical now? They can dish out new updates, new offers, and new events, but they still can’t fix the biggest issue the game has ever had to date...
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    I can not believe there is not an update to this. This is not an issue that will just go away.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    i do think there will be a lot more great new offers before the game is fixed , but there no point of getting these Great new offers on a unstable game. Too many bugs in the game in the past that were not fixed . 1 bug too many , now they have to clear a few bugs in one go. Support need to stabilize Patch 19.0 not add anything new to game. Adding new content (code) to a unstable game will not make the game safety for hardware
  • After 3 weeks and still no fix?
    This is getting ridiculous.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    We won’t have an update for this before next mont, Kabam hates doing un-scheduled updates, just wait and see
  • KisHinKisHin Posts: 57
    Can we have free AQ seeing as we can’t grind arena for BC and gold due to the game crashing non stop
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    TKal wrote: »
    We won’t have an update for this before next mont, Kabam hates doing un-scheduled updates, just wait and see

Problem occurred on scheduled update , i don't think we should wait and see, its a fix for a scheduled update

We were advise again that fix is in testing phase

i don't play the game besides Map 2 and 3.. Its nice to have a cool phone
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Well Android devices are heating up and having battery drain issues too, just not as consistently and to the point to which the IPhone users are experiencing.

Don't get me wrong here, IPhone players are getting royally shafted.

Time to start considering wiping out the July update, rolling back to the old release. 14 days since release the game is bound to be losing players.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    They’ve stopped paying lip service to the idea of it being their top priority. The latest update states they are still considering it important and have a team on it...but the implication is it is no longer the top priority. My guess is they will get the game to some barely viable state, enough to justify continuing offers, etc. and declare mission accomplished, then do their best to ignore further claims of crashing and overheating until it reaches critical mass again. This game will never have my trust again to play, let alone to pay. Fun while it lasted. Time’s up.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Closer to a fix? I’m just dead weight for my ally right now. Can’t do more than 1-2 AQ fights until I need to set my phone down for 30-40 min to cool off. War is a mess b/c of the lag.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    i just had to stop fighting in alliance war with the severe lag after restarting the game. i lost a fight with the lag not letting me dodge or evade anything while the AI just did all the attacking. restarted the game again to start the next fight and severe lag again. my internet is okay because yesterday my entire neighborhood or part of the city had a brown out so no internet, all of its restarted.
  • Dakpan_1Dakpan_1 Posts: 5
    I use Iphone 6s normally, also used 5s but the same issues
    phone overheats and lags and all the other things that everyone have.. I stopped playing for a week because I don;t want to destroy my devices. Now I read a comment here above.
    JLaBX wrote: »
    for those with overheating phone ( including me) a kind of work around is to only leave the game alive, and close all other applications. As long as you don't receive any notification, message, or game goes to the background, at least for me, application runs fine, and phone does not overheat. As soon as any of these events happen, (or also phone goes to sleep with game on ) I need to close the app and reopen. Otherwise, overheating will take place for sure. You might put your phone in airplane mode and shut down notifications as a solution in the meantime I guess, and turn on just wifi.
    As a developer, the big issue I think it might be related with the new pause screen since now the game does not take forever to connect if you switch apps back and forth. This most likely requires some thread to be alive which makes CPU to run at highest and will drain battery for sure. I made this mistake on my first mobile app, and clients would complain about this. Turns out to be a thread running forever in the background.
    Hope my suggestions helps. Not a bullet proof solution for now, but it works for me, hope it works for someone else as well.

I did following:
    -downloaded game
    -closed ALL apps
    -put my phone on charger
    -put my phone on battery save mode
    -put my phone on airplane mode
    -got on WiFi
    -when screen went black, closed app fully, restarted before continuing

Could even finish path in challenge, did only 3 fights, but at first it was smoking hot when I did 3-5 fights
    And my phone isn’t really hot, it did get warm a little bit, but nothing that can destroy anything
    Now playing without the charger, for the rest everyhting is the same
    doing EQ heroic on automode, so far so good

Could even do fights in AQ without my phone getting burning hot!

I checken arena too, and in 4 rounds my phone has bevond hotter than in 2,5 hours I could play the rest. So I would avoid arena.

So it might be kind of a hassle like this, but at least you can get some game time, at least more than 5 minutes..

Hope this might work for more users.
  • MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    near 20 days ... and 0 advise and fix ... i start put flag on other post of mod that type no news no idea but keep calm and wait .. roll back? why no? i stop play for more then 10 min arow or my device can be damage by "this app"
    cAncAmO wrote: »
    from 30ºC to 42ºc in five minutes and go down after 10 minutes playing

check my image with my thermometer -- external near 42° c on my old post ... amazing!
  • neernoineernoi Posts: 3
    Kabam morons just don't want to fix this overheating issue. There is something else going on behind the scene. No way in hell this issue is taking 2 weeks to find out. With my 15 years of experience in software development industry, I can say this much it's really a simple thing to compare codes between two versions and therefore easy to find what got changed between two versions and you can track down which change is causing what issue. Invite people for beta testing, gathering data these things are just for a show, Kabam is not telling the truth and god knows when they will fix this boiling phone issue.
  • D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    They’ve stopped paying lip service to the idea of it being their top priority. The latest update states they are still considering it important and have a team on it...but the implication is it is no longer the top priority. My guess is they will get the game to some barely viable state, enough to justify continuing offers, etc. and declare mission accomplished, then do their best to ignore further claims of crashing and overheating until it reaches critical mass again. This game will never have my trust again to play, let alone to pay. Fun while it lasted. Time’s up.

I think this is very close to the truth. They simply dont have the people to fix it and cant care enough to hire people who can. Made millions to fill their pockets and now its time to abandon ship. If kabam truly cared for its community or the game, they would be more transparant and open.
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    Have you found a solution yet?
    @Kabam Miike
    Geisøn wrote: »
    Have you found a solution yet?
    @Kabam Miike
    check adora today type no news

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all! If you haven't seen it yet, please check out Adora's update from yesterday. We are definitely taking the situation seriously and are still working on the issue.

Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Our testers spent time with our latest beta version over the weekend, and we are still working to use the data from this test to inform new options. While some testers saw some very promising improvements, others did not experience the same thing. We are using this feedback along with the data we gathered surrounding crashes and other issues to work on even further solutions.

We don't yet know when the next update will be, but will continue to share more information as we work on this. We continue to dedicate a team of people to this issue, and want to re-emphasize how important it is to us to get this resolved.

• HairyslugHairyslug Posts: 76
    For people that play the game and don’t use the forum and just for clarification for everyone else why has there been no in game message warning people about the overheating issues..
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    Valid point. Gotta say my satisfaction for the game at this time has hit an all time low. There are a number of reasons but why list them out when nobody listens on the other end....
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    Thank you.
    But honestly it's taking so much more than we could imagine. I understand all the company's effort to solve this, but it's two weeks without any solution, even if it is palliative.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    I play on Android, this is the worst update ever, lag, glitches, unresponsive champs, game shuts down for no reason. Each update makes the game worse, please fix your game, make it fun again.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I just experienced a crash for the first time in days, and now I wasn’t even actively playing. Ran one arena team to get points in event and put phone down after second match. When I came back to pick it up, I realized I hadn’t finished the match. Tapped “Final Fight” and phone went to black with white pinwheel.

I’ve asked for stopgap measures in the beta thread—just something, like a smattering of pots, or waiving the half health penalty for the next week in quests. Anything at this point to provide a little relief.

Dr. Zola
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    So about a week, maybe a week and a half, I was thinking I was going crazy with not being able to receive calls while playing the game (it would pop up on my Apple Watch saying that so-and-so is calling me but not on my phone and when I tried exiting the app to try and answer or call back it wouldn't let me. Then I felt it overheating and then it would crash and restart my phone. Oh, and other apps would not work until I restarted my phone. Granted I checked the battery health (beta) for the iPhone and my battery seems to still be in good condition (iPhone 7) but if it wasn't for an Alliance member bringing up the same issue I would've never thought to come here.

Kabam definitely needs a warning message until this gets fixed. At least do something right since they are still putting up offers and whatnot but "this is their top priority". It'd be nice for them to show that they care about the people more than their wallets by putting up a warning. & I hope they compensate those who usually play a good amount to receive rewards since they can't now since at least for me I'm afraid to keep playing & ruining by phone. So no Arena or even trying to finish Master for event quest. I only read the first two pages of this thread but glad to know everyone has the same mentality that what Kabam is doing is obviously not enough.
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all! If you haven't seen it yet, please check out Adora's update from yesterday. We are definitely taking the situation seriously and are still working on the issue.

Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Our testers spent time with our latest beta version over the weekend, and we are still working to use the data from this test to inform new options. While some testers saw some very promising improvements, others did not experience the same thing. We are using this feedback along with the data we gathered surrounding crashes and other issues to work on even further solutions.

We don't yet know when the next update will be, but will continue to share more information as we work on this. We continue to dedicate a team of people to this issue, and want to re-emphasize how important it is to us to get this resolved.

Other then “we dont know” there is no news mean while its Shame spend alot of real money that game and alot of time... start think about maybe its time to quit cause of its been **** last 15 day still nothing fix
This discussion has been closed.